PDA

View Full Version : Do you bring Scape dolls on Hive S runs?

Sephlock
Feb 7, 2007, 01:58 AM
Forgetting (as in, forgetting to leave your scapes in your room, or forgetting to bring scapes along) doesn't count.

-Crokar-
Feb 7, 2007, 02:02 AM
wheres the i dont care to go to my room to deposit them option. i do take them but i only die maybe once or twice while im in their. y other party members dont care

Itsuki
Feb 7, 2007, 02:16 AM
I don't think anybody on JP or 360 would bring scapes to Hive S on a regular basis, unless they already had the scapes on them.

-Crokar-
Feb 7, 2007, 02:24 AM
i have an abundance of them

Niered
Feb 7, 2007, 02:24 AM
Lemme see....45 MP for a S? Huh, math here says thats more then Bruce's B gives me so....

YAH.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2007, 02:28 AM
On 2007-02-06 23:24, Niered wrote:
Lemme see....45 MP for a S? Huh, math here says thats more then Bruce's B gives me so....

YAH.

The hell are you smoking?

Bruce B is 23875256347563475637572857385348563217567565765314 26 times easier, and gives 70 MP.

Reiichi
Feb 7, 2007, 02:33 AM
People don't run Bruce B for the exp. People don't run Hive S for the MP.

Knockups = gaozoran on their backs = no foie in the face

Now all you have to do is find a few hunters who spams knockup PAs all over, or get some good fire armor on your rangers and forces.

I bring scapes, but then again I know everyone else in my party does too. Probably a waste, but I try not to die in the first place.

Sephlock
Feb 7, 2007, 02:33 AM
I know what common sense dictates, but all too often I've found that it has lead me astray as far as community standards go, so I figured I'd ask.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2007, 02:39 AM
Well, in all honesty, the only time I've encountered Gaozorans on S was on a solo run. Each foie did well over 1500 damage to my WT, so there was pretty much no hope of me being able to last longer than 10 seconds when 4 spawned at once.

Tiyr
Feb 7, 2007, 03:03 AM
Gaozorans should not be the issue. I don't bring scapes, but that's because I don't run Hive S for the MP. Lab Recovery S is easier, faster, and comparable for that purpose.

Following may not apply if you're significantly lower level than I am (64)

Anyway, as a Fighgunner I can get Gaozoran damage down to around 750ish without fire armor. With a store-bought gigaline (25-ish % fire) I can get that down to 350 or so. And I've got less than half the MST of a fT, WT or even a GT. Fortgunners may have issues, but that's really all. Anyone else either doesn't have the money to get decent fire armor or is too lazy.

Thing is, despite that, between SEED-Vitace, Junsaguns and Carriguine someone's probably going to get hit with an unlucky megid. Or a few. Expecting to get an S-Rank on HIVE S with a pick up group just isn't realistic and unless you also expect everyone to be swimming in hacked meseta, no one should waste scapes on that crap.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2007, 03:08 AM
Well, I'm sure it didn't help that I was wearing an NPC Sori-Senba and a Mega/Rainbow, but still, the foie sapm is too much for anyone soloing. Your FG must be a Human or a Newman, yeah? You may have higher MST than my Beast WT, in that case, though I did also have Retier on.

Tiyr
Feb 7, 2007, 03:18 AM
Yeah, human. It definitely does help, I've noticed.

But even so, that 11% from a Sori is going to magnify the total damage you take by a LOT more than 11%. You'd probably take less damage naked, despite the MST boost from the armor.

I've had a friend of mine cranking out a whole bunch of Ageha-senbas (4*) to try and get good elemental %s, and while I lose my arm slot when I have to use them, the damage difference is nothing short of absurd. If you've got the money, you'd be well served even picking up some of the shop armors that have 25% or better (teroline, gigaline, etc). I never used to swap armors, but seeing the difference in HIVE S and Desert Terror S (Bil de Vears with 34% earth vs. 0) I generally carry a couple line shields at any given time now.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 7, 2007, 03:22 AM
It's 19% with the Mega/Rainbow.

I don't bother with switching armors, since I have nearly 2000 HP, a fuckton of EVP, decent DFP, and Resta. It's only a problem when things do crazy amounts in one hit, as is the case with Gaozorans. Besides, solo HIV isn't worth it anyway. It took me over two hours to solo the first two blocks, just to get stopped in block three by the Gaozorans.

Tiyr
Feb 7, 2007, 03:26 AM
Makes sense. I don't have the self-heal or the HP (1450, currently) and the difference between getting knocked down or not is handy. Wartechers are a LOT more durable than fGs (more DFP, ton more MST, more HP), so for me it's borne of necessity. What I've come to notice, though, is that those elemental numbers matter more than anything else. Seems like kind of a poor design decision, imo, but it's the case nonetheless. 4* with 50% is better than 8* 0%, unless you've got some a-rank units.

Neith
Feb 7, 2007, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I bring scapes. Hive S is easy anyway, only use 1-2 at the most. It happens I like the Mission Points, and S-Rank is easily obtainable.

I don't know why people try and Solo Hive S either, it's not a solo-friendly area- at all.

Ronin1of47
Feb 7, 2007, 04:28 AM
On 2007-02-07 01:04, UrikoBB3 wrote
I don't know why people try and Solo Hive S either, it's not a solo-friendly area- at all.

greed, they want all the goodies to themselves

Gazette
Feb 7, 2007, 04:51 AM
I believe the strongest Foie I've been hit with was a critical for about 1100ish...
Granted that was back when I was barely at the level cap.

Newman WT's work well in Hive S for their high MST and higher HP to boot from the job.
Never been one shotted by a Foie or even thrown into the red.
As for scapes, I'm on PC/PS2 so there's no excuse NOT to bring them.

Ledin
Feb 7, 2007, 07:01 AM
Don't join random games if you don't have scapes, period. Other people are likely bringing scape dolls (and using them up if they die), while you mooch off the team and possibly ruin the S-rank they've been working on up until Block 3 where you joined. If you use more than 1-3 scapes per run, you're either level 50-something and shouldn't be in HIVE S in the first place, or you need some hardcore lessons in Megid dodging.

Money is not an issue for legit players either. You get way more money than needed for stocking up on a couple of scapes per run in mission rewards and meseta/item drops. I spend about 1-2k to recharge my photon weapons, around 2.5-5k on traps, and whatever amount of scape dolls I use up per run, only to have somebody too cheap for a couple of scapes ruin the team's mojo? This is exactly why my games are passworded.

Play solo or with people who also don't care for S-rank if you don't want to spend money on scapes. At the very least announce that you are not carrying any scape dolls, and ask if that is a problem for your team right after joining. Show some courtesy! This applies to all games, not just HIVE.

Rashiid
Feb 7, 2007, 07:52 AM
no scapes here, waste-o-tyme

rainbow beast S? 1/2 time? same MP? (i think) more cash? NO MEDID-IMTHERE!

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 7, 2007, 08:44 AM
I still don't see why people think scapes are cheap, 100k for 20? (full stock) And i keep hearing "people are selling them for less, 2k each" I haven't seen anyone sell them, (as in at all) in months.

Hardly anything, well most missions (except Bruce, which you have to count on getting a good team that won't die in the last room) gives out enough reward to buy, over 2 dolls. That's just my opinion, eveyone has no trouble buying scapes and i suppose i don't either. However you have to admit for something we count on alot for our S-ranks and heaven forbid the unthinkable mistakes, They cost alot more than say, a stock of trimates. I don't know i'll be complaining about the price of Dolls for a while because i'm too used to just finding dolls on the ground and being like : "Oh another doll, the only reason i use em is when fighting Ult falz so i'll be one of the one's living after his "God killer" attacks. so i can ressurect everyone else."

It's funny how most HIVE missions (That i enter, the non-Passworded ones and etc) still retain this universal "You die, you get kicked" (My opinion on that rules is, mistakes happen people die, everyone's died and messed up their rank, don't just kick them, it isn't fair to anyone. Especially in harder missions kicking someone at a final area will just serve to make the mission harder, and there's no reason to continously make enemies online.)

Yet i hear from our lovely and lucky JP servers on HIVE missions (both of them) they throw out that rule. (135 deaths on the Falkis mission, amazing) I wish more people would go by this rule when dealing with missions that well, someone is going to get hit with a stray attack and die. Especially (and this was brought up before) THE MP and MESATA REWARD are utter, garbage.
20 minutes + 45MP + 5k money - 1 to 4 dolls (depending on how unlucky you are) = Not worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryo_Hayasa on 2007-02-07 05:45 ]</font>

Inazuma
Feb 7, 2007, 11:22 AM
back when we were lv 70, my jp party and i were gonna do HIVE and decided not to use scapes cuz itd prob be a bad idea. well, we did the mission and ended up w/ only a few deaths. didnt realize how easy it was. so if i was to go back to hive, id wanna use scapes. and now especially w/ everyone being 10 levels higher, itd be even easier.

however, thx to all the megido in the new S2 missions, ppl have been dying a lot and the value of scapes has gone way up. you cant easily buy em from player shops for 2k anymore. i see a lot of ppl just spending the 5k and buying from npc.

*edit* wow the reward is just 5k? that sux. even if you just have a few deaths, you would prob have a good chance of losing money if you use scapes. HIVE S2 better give at LEAST 30k for the reward.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inazuma on 2007-02-07 08:27 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
I always have 10 scapes on me everywhere I go.

CyarVictor
Feb 7, 2007, 11:38 AM
I'm usually with friends and we all classify LL S, Maggas Magahna S, and Hive S suicide runs, so no scapes since death is always there. Not to mention De ragnus S, Rainbow Beast S, and Desert Terror S all have great mp and meseta with no Megid or cheese kills.

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 11:42 AM
No Scapes, Not even 10 will be enough. Maybe at max level with certain classes yes, but in general, this poll is less about playstyle and more about (are you of the right level and class to do it). People can talk about skill all they want. I can definitely classify myself as a good dodger, and actually have some good old-school shooter skills in me. I realize when non-dodgable situations arrive, and that's one of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 08:44 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Feb 7, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-02-07 08:42, Akaimizu wrote:
I can definitely classify myself as a good dodger, and actually have some good old-school shooter skills in me. I realize when non-dodgable situations arrive, and that's one of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 08:44 ]</font>

Especially when your in the middle of a PA or casting a technic. It's actually funny when your casting resta and die from megid before you even get the cast off. It's happened to me >.<

MayLee
Feb 7, 2007, 11:53 AM
Nope, because I just go to farm for stuffs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Almalexia
Feb 7, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-02-07 04:52, Rashiid wrote:
no scapes here, waste-o-tyme

rainbow beast S? 1/2 time? same MP? (i think) more cash? NO MEDID-IMTHERE!

LOLZ HEY GUYZ LEMME USE MY DARK MUK'FET, HE IS LIGHT ELEMENTAL.

NO!!!!!

HUH!?

WWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRM WOOOOOOOOOSH.

:ugh:

[Scape doll was used to revive.]

CyarVictor
Feb 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
Lol yep, good ol times when people use dark elements on the Rainbow Beast or when people go beast and he goes whirl.

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-02-07 08:52, CyarVictor wrote:
Especially when your in the middle of a PA or casting a technic. It's actually funny when your casting resta and die from megid before you even get the cast off. It's happened to me >.<

I've died while fully mobile, in that mission. Casting a Tech or something is only slightly less daunting than strafing. Maybe 2% less daunting. A full running Guardian often gets caught in the bad, and I've died in full run there, plenty of times. I love it when monsters forget even about turning and do that *instant* any-degree jump correction before blasting you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 09:26 ]</font>

Alkaar
Feb 7, 2007, 01:31 PM
Nah, I don't bring scapes with me on HIVE S. Instead I drop them all off in my room and solo in hopes of getting a Deathmaker or some other great weapon or synth item.

Sephlock
Feb 7, 2007, 04:03 PM
The numbers are a lot more even than I'd thought they would be.

I guess I'll be "wasting" scape dolls just to be safe after all. Its hard enough to find an S rank party on set in order (that isn't locked or full) as it is. I don't want to start getting kicked out of them.

Midicronica
Feb 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
I don't bring scapes when I play Hive S. The reason for that is that my friends and I are not going in there to achieve S Rank or Mission Points. We're usually farming for 9* weapon and board and drops.

S Rank is just totally not worth the effort, time, and stress...

Ryno
Feb 7, 2007, 05:00 PM
no

RuPiKa
Feb 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
There are better, easier and faster ways to get MP. When chasing MP it has to average to a point a min (per run) or better. If not, I'm there for the exp, PA leveling or drops.

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
True. And what's even worse, some of us can't even live through other attacks outside of Megid. It was Hive S where I was able to receive my highest damage ever. 1327 dmg in one single shot. Completely not Megid, but some other damaging attack. I, of course, had only 1050HP at the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Schubalts
Feb 7, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:33, Akaimizu wrote:
True. And what's even worse, some of us can't even live through other attacks outside of Megid. It was Hive S where I was able to receive my highest damage ever. 1327 dmg in one single shot. Completely not Megid, but some other damaging attack. I, of course, had only 1050HP at the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bet it was Foie...

Parn
Feb 7, 2007, 06:43 PM
The best way to approach this is to simply communicate with your fellow players. If you're entering a random group, ask them if they're aiming for S rank. If they are and you don't have scape dolls on you, then exit the party and all's still good for them. If they aren't aiming for S rank and are just there for item drops, then voila!

Again, all it takes is some communication!

Golto
Feb 7, 2007, 06:46 PM
Hmm looks like a crit foie from the mages or you were wearing ice armor and got hit by it. i noticed that ppl running around w/ sori senba in hive s tend to drop like flies and burn through tons of scapes. When will the normal populous figure out decent elemental % owns the crappy 4 slot sori senba?

Itsuki
Feb 7, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-02-06 23:28, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-02-06 23:24, Niered wrote:

YAH.

The hell are you smoking?

Bruce B is 23875256347563475637572857385348563217567565765314 26 times easier, and gives 70 MP.

Labs S2 is 23875256347563475637572857385348563217567565765314 26 times easier than Bruces B, takes less time, and gives 159. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

back when we were lv 70, my jp party and i were gonna do HIVE and decided not to use scapes cuz itd prob be a bad idea. well, we did the mission and ended up w/ only a few deaths. didnt realize how easy it was. so if i was to go back to hive, id wanna use scapes. and now especially w/ everyone being 10 levels higher, itd be even easier.

however, thx to all the megido in the new S2 missions, ppl have been dying a lot and the value of scapes has gone way up. you cant easily buy em from player shops for 2k anymore. i see a lot of ppl just spending the 5k and buying from npc.

*edit* wow the reward is just 5k? that sux. even if you just have a few deaths, you would prob have a good chance of losing money if you use scapes. HIVE S2 better give at LEAST 30k for the reward.

Exactly the point though. Even if you have just a few deaths, you tend to lose money if you use scapes.

You actually have a BETTER chance of making money or at the very least breaking even if you don't bring scapes and rely on Giresta / moons.

Sephlock
Feb 8, 2007, 12:03 AM
How does one get to these fabled labs, and whats the minimum level for S2 runs?

Schubalts
Feb 8, 2007, 12:17 AM
Unless you're on JP PC/PS2 servers, there's no S2 mission anywhere. And I think Lab Recovery is after Plains Overlord. After Plains Overlord, go back into the counter you just came out of.

Inazuma
Feb 8, 2007, 12:41 AM
another way to reach the plant lobby is to do the subway mission. it takes you directly there.
and another way (also the most popular way by far) is to just take the "taxi" (as the jp players call it). on each planet (actually 2 of em on parum) they have a party there just to let ppl warp to any lobby they want to w/o having to clear missions to get there. its made the game so much more enjoyable, at least for me. the very nice ppl who keep these taxi parties up all the time deserve big thanks.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:49 AM
On 2007-02-07 21:03, Sephlock wrote:
How does one get to these fabled labs, and whats the minimum level for S2 runs?

The Easy way...

1) Parum West District
2) Train Recovery
3) Lab Recovery

The Scenic route...

1) Parum East District
2) Mad Creatures
3) Plains Overlord
4) Mad Beasts (I think)
5) Lab Recovery