PDA

View Full Version : Guntechers, what're you?

juno-6
Feb 7, 2007, 02:04 AM
I just thought it would be interesting to see what the majority of GT's are. human, numan, and cast all seem popular and ive heard of 2 beasts running around. So Guntechers, what race are you?

SkywalkerPSO
Feb 7, 2007, 08:00 AM
My son is a cast guntecher and he loves it. So i hope that answers your question.

MegaBUD
Feb 7, 2007, 08:02 AM
My GT is a Caseal... im low on TP but its only for buff and heal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 7, 2007, 08:38 AM
well, my female newman used to be a guntecher, I switched her to a fighgunner recently though since I prefer hitting things.

Syanaide
Feb 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
Caseal. My TP is only for debuffs and heals.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 7, 2007, 09:29 AM
well, debuffs don't even USE TP, but resta does I think, though not much of a difference.

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 10:43 AM
Human here. And you might be right on the debuffs. I noticed a pretty good difference in monster attack capabilities when they're 'jellen'. A nice tactic to use on Bill De Vears so that Hunters have it easier against the tornado attack.

It also helps because the Resta has terrible range for a GT. In fact, that Range (as I found out last night) is around the range that the Tornados hit. I remember a hunter caught between two of them, and I tried to rush in and help, but I could not get within Resta distance of them. Not at all. Before I could do so, those guys blow me back. Jellen helps with some insurance (and buys you time against them), but only so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 07:49 ]</font>

Retsuya
Feb 7, 2007, 10:51 AM
Im a CAST GunTecher
Since GTs are good in long ranged batles, I barely use resta and mates except when I'm playing for support. all I needed is ATA,ATP,EVA buffs and photoncharge to support myself.

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
Definitely a choice when you are a CAST. As a Human GT, I'm pretty much relegated to the support crew, of course, it also means that I have to deal with relatively poor physical defense to go with the relatively poor MST defense.

The good thing is, at around Guntecher 5, nearly everybody starts to get some rather good ATA, so it almost doesn't become much of a factor to search for Boosts. It seems eventually you can drop the ATA boosts for stuff that helps with either ATP and some sort of defense. EVA will come, in numbers, with class level ups, (It's the only good Defense stat a GT gets) though EVA, in this game, seems not as good as having good DFP. Evade can sometimes get you killed much more than simply taking the first hit. Woe the times I made a successful block, only to be held in place by it, to take damage from everybody else.

When you play S ranks, you WILL use Resta and/or mates. There is no skill in the world that will dodge those heavy hitting attacks, on that level. Well, there is perhaps 1 or 2 S rank missions with slow monsters; the others, the monsters WILL hit you a lot, no matter what your personal dodging skill is. The speed and the super wide invisible hit box will nail you. A shame, because you almost completely lose the advantage of using mobile weapons, then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 08:02 ]</font>

Retsuya
Feb 7, 2007, 11:05 AM
well I cant seperate the effect of zodial, or rather I cant choose yo just boost my ATA without boosting my EVA... probably its this is why I personaly like this buff.

ShinMaruku
Feb 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
As far as I'm concered aside from the T-1000s they're all human. XP

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-02-07 08:05, Retsuya wrote:
well I cant seperate the effect of zodial, or rather I cant choose yo just boost my ATA without boosting my EVA... probably its this is why I personaly like this buff.

Very true. Though in the late game, you'll require less of that boost because GTs get that in spades. As of right now, with your class level, it's a great boon. Just letting you know you have some good automatic ATA/EVA increases in your near future.

You'll find yourself eventually using that buff particularly for Hunters in your party. Axe wielders, among other things. Those who have THE POWER, but need a little help with the ATA. When Beast Hunters don't miss, it's a beautiful thing to see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 08:48 ]</font>

CrabRangoon
Feb 7, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'm not yet a GT, however, the character I decided to make into a GT the other day is a FOnewearl. Currently, I'm just shooting for joining parties to shoot my spells off non-stop, I dont even tag stuff to nab exp all the time, since I'm more aiming to up my Buff / Debuff / Resta / Reverser at this time. I've found a lot of complaints though, and fewer people seem overly-ready to party with me, even though I still think I'm helping plenty @_@

Akaimizu
Feb 7, 2007, 02:24 PM
Spells generally level fast for a GT. You wont have to concentrate on levelling them up for very long. Plus you'll quickly cap them at 10. The spells that'll take you the longest are the Resta and Reverser spells. However, Resta comes with time, Reverser levels faster if you go to Neudiaz and meet the worms.

You are still primarily a gunner, so you never forget it. Remember that status effects from bullets is one of your priorities as well. I know, it does seem like tagging, since you distribute bullets to each monster; but that is also the very nature of spreading status effects as well. It goes hand in hand.

For the power hungry, Fire and Dark bullets are your friend. They are you main chance to do great damage on big monsters with high amounts of HP.

Buff/Debuff and Resta are very nice things to do, but the GT job is complicated. A rather thankless job, indeed, since you have to be very schizo to play it to its full potential. You have to wrap your mind around being a Status Effect laying offensive Ranger, and be ready to convert your mind to Buff/Debuff or a backup-Healer at any time.

I still think GTs should be given Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, type Drones or some overhead view for their task. You sort of have to do everything in your power to be as aware of everybody in the room (friend or foe), so you can change your role as quickly as possible. And during that time, you have to keep a constant eye on everybody's health bar, their status line, and even what elements other people typically cast or shoot, so you can configure yourself appropriately.

That's where knowing the role comes in. If the party has a Forte-techer, pay heed to the spells they use. If they do buffs, don't overwrite the same ones with yours. The main technic chucker has the right of way, on those, and has better potential with it. Debuffs, on the other hand, you may actually not have to be *quite* as careful as monsters generally don't last the duration of it, and thus an accidental overwriting is hardly noticed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-07 11:41 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Feb 7, 2007, 04:03 PM
Newman female here. Good TP, good ATA, good EVA. Three really great things for the class.

chibiLegolas
Feb 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'm a Caseal GT lvl2 at the moment. in my 30's (lvl).
And trying my best to get all my bullets up to lvl 21 at least. But it's SLOW going and my highest seems to be around lvl 16 bullet.

(off topic)
Anyone know the quickest way to lvl up bullets without using up a photon charge item?
I'm working on my pistol, rifle, long bow, and crossbow.

I mainly buff/debuff as the party dictates and only heal in between fights. I've learned that whenever I started healing in battle, ppl get it in their minds that I'm also a healer and somehow ignore the fact that my resta is pittiful. It takes me 3 - 5+ castings of resta to heal up a hunter to full. So why the hell aren't you eating a mate instead of us standing still, getting our @sses kicked in the mean time?!

I think our resta's only reserved for in between battles or dire situations where a smidget of heal can buy some time for the fT or a mate consumption.

Midicronica
Feb 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-02-07 13:06, chibiLegolas wrote:
And trying my best to get all my bullets up to lvl 21 at least. But it's SLOW going and my highest seems to be around lvl 16 bullet.

Seems like you and I are in the same boat. =[ Except, I don't use crossbows.

My GT is indeed a Caseal GT1, at the moment. (I haven't been playing with her much, she is my alt afterall.)Luckily, my friends are well aware of the "gimp" resta that I put out and will only joke when I heal them for 120+ HP.

Little question for all the other GT's out there..

Crossbows..how well do they work for you?

I'm a little skeptical about using one, but from what I've heard they can be quite useful as an offhand weapon and become quite good once 21+.

McFresh_Bot
Feb 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
Female cast

akratic
Feb 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
Level 21+ xbows are great weapons. They have level 3 status effects, allow mobiity, have three shots, and are off-hand weapons. You can point blank for great damage, as well.

Getting them to 21 is no fun at all - but it is hardly surprising, nor is it unfair, that you have to put the time in to reap the benefits.

Nayla
Feb 7, 2007, 06:18 PM
My Human is a Guntecher to be.

Criss
Feb 7, 2007, 09:06 PM
I have a to-be-guntecher female beast. I know they have the lowest ATA, but it makes for a good challenge character.

Sitka
Feb 7, 2007, 11:01 PM
On 2007-02-07 13:06, chibiLegolas wrote:

(off topic)
Anyone know the quickest way to lvl up bullets without using up a photon charge item?
I'm working on my pistol, rifle, long bow, and crossbow.

I mainly buff/debuff as the party dictates and only heal in between fights. I've learned that whenever I started healing in battle, ppl get it in their minds that I'm also a healer and somehow ignore the fact that my resta is pittiful. It takes me 3 - 5+ castings of resta to heal up a hunter to full. So why the hell aren't you eating a mate instead of us standing still, getting our @sses kicked in the mean time?!

I think our resta's only reserved for in between battles or dire situations where a smidget of heal can buy some time for the fT or a mate consumption.

Hey Chibi - how's it going? You running with Notos/Bless at all?

Anyway, why are you using both pistols and crossbows? Crossbows are, imho, superior and pistols are good for .... well.... not much cept maybe for low level chars that can't equip/afford crossbows or cards.

As for leveling, my dark, fire, ice, plasma and earth bullets are all lvl 30 and my light bullets hit 24 today. What I like to do is load up the weapon I'm leveling, pick a reasonable area with opposite element (i.e. dark=Agata, light=LL/Hive, etc...) and play solo for a while. You would be amazed at how often the little letters come up indicating another level up until you finally get to lvl 30.

My guntecher is a cast female and with her recently purchased cast part upgrades finally looks like a true caseal. The minimal levels or resta, reverser and buffs/debuffs actually do make a real difference when playing solo and help me avoid the inevitable port back to the recharge/heal mission still in progress site I have to make quite often with my Fortegunner who for 70 levels had to constantly try to keep mome-like pm and npc from getting killed during runs.

I grinded up a ton of Alterics and finally got one to level 10+ and several more to 7 and 8. Like the rifle bullets, I've got most of her PA's up to 30 and I'm working on the dark/light ones with her now. If I'm leveling bows, I like meaty quests with meaty enemies like Mad Beasts where I can corner trap enemies and just launch arrow after arrow into their thick hides. With the crossbow, I prefer missions like Relics loaded up with Golmoros and Badiras, just perfect for raising the dancing, prancing weapon of choice.

Speaking of which, noticeable absent from your list are the dualies, which, imho, are the best weapon we guntecher types get. Great for slapping SEs on everything in the room, great for bosses, great for mobs, looks good, less filling and s-rank down the line. Level those up for sure.

Anyway, just some thoughts I had about guntecher and your post in particular.

Good to hear from you again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

chibiLegolas
Feb 8, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-02-07 20:01, Sitka wrote:
Hey Chibi - how's it going? You running with Notos/Bless at all?

Hey Sitka! It's been awhile huh? Notos is MIA lately. But I haven't kept tabs on him for awhile. I've been too busy with my building/painting hobby.

Anyway, why are you using both pistols and crossbows? Crossbows are, imho, superior and pistols are good for .... well.... not much cept maybe for low level chars that can't equip/afford crossbows or cards.

lol. Ppl had asked me this before. But from what I've noticed between pistols and crossbows is that crossbows have a slightly shorter range, and shoots slower (perhaps similiar to rifle vs. longbow firing rate). It's true, the crossbows are a rich man's weapon and I can only afford 1 set right now. So I basically use up it's PP to up it's level, then switch over to pistols (since I got a lot more of them). And other GT's at my level will surely see their crossbow bullets under 10, it's practically a SLOW firing pistol.
My pistol bullets are already at 17, so I don't have to wait much longer to reach 21 anyways. Between the 2, I can tell a large difference between SE1 and SE2. I can't wait to see my first SE3 on my pistols.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for leveling, my dark, fire, ice, plasma and earth bullets are all lvl 30 and my light bullets hit 24 today. What I like to do is load up the weapon I'm leveling, pick a reasonable area with opposite element (i.e. dark=Agata, light=LL/Hive, etc...) and play solo for a while. You would be amazed at how often the little letters come up indicating another level up until you finally get to lvl 30.

My guntecher is a cast female and with her recently purchased cast part upgrades finally looks like a true caseal. The minimal levels or resta, reverser and buffs/debuffs actually do make a real difference when playing solo and help me avoid the inevitable port back to the recharge/heal mission still in progress site I have to make quite often with my Fortegunner who for 70 levels had to constantly try to keep mome-like pm and npc from getting killed during runs.

I grinded up a ton of Alterics and finally got one to level 10+ and several more to 7 and 8. Like the rifle bullets, I've got most of her PA's up to 30 and I'm working on the dark/light ones with her now. If I'm leveling bows, I like meaty quests with meaty enemies like Mad Beasts where I can corner trap enemies and just launch arrow after arrow into their thick hides. With the crossbow, I prefer missions like Relics loaded up with Golmoros and Badiras, just perfect for raising the dancing, prancing weapon of choice.

Thanks. I'm taking notes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Speaking of which, noticeable absent from your list are the dualies, which, imho, are the best weapon we guntecher types get. Great for slapping SEs on everything in the room, great for bosses, great for mobs, looks good, less filling and s-rank down the line. Level those up for sure.

Twin Handguns really? Despite the fact we get s ranks on them?
At SE2 already capped from the beginning, I didn't bother since I'd figure SE3 on the crossbows would be well worth concentrating on. I basically looked at the Twin Handguns like the GT's buff/debuff techs.
Once you buy into them, there's no point to level them up. They barely improve from then on, no? Except for slightly improved range and good elemental %. Doesn't sound like a good enough reason to level up to me. Thoughts anyone?
And thanks for all the input so far!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-02-08 12:18 ]</font>

juno-6
Feb 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
Twin guns are good DPS weapons on the opposite element (24%) and offer better range than xbows whereas if you want to do real damage with them you have to get close and pound all 3 shots into them.

Notos
Feb 8, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-02-07 20:01, Sitka wrote:Hey Chibi - how's it going? You running with Notos/Bless at all?Oh snap, you're not calling her chili anymore.

I'm on PC, she's on 360. Some of us are thinking of moving to 360 because of the hacks on PC. But it's kind of hard to make the switch when I have lv57/8 fF beast, lv65/8 GT human, lv61/8 fT newman and lv67/10 fG cast. It won't be hard for me to level up if I can find a constant party, but I reckon everybody is doing S rank mission while I'll be stuck in C rank.

On 2007-02-08 12:17, chibiLegolas wrote:It's true, the crossbows are a rich man's weapon and I can only afford 1 set right now. So I basically use up it's PP to up it's level, then switch over to pistols long bow(since I got a lot more of them).There, problem solved! Trust me, you won't be using pistol when you realize anything you can do with pistol, you can do better with xbow, rifle and long bow. So no point to waste effort in leveling pistol bullet. Get some C rank long bow and go nuts. You'll miss often at low level, but won't be a problem as you level up. For your information, my lv65 GT still uses 2* bow. It does decent enough damage and keeps recharge cost low. Besides, if you don't miss, there's no difference in terms of inflicting status with a 1* or a 9* bow. I do have alteric though. You need to balance out your damage and status weapon so you can still be effective while keeping your recharge cost as low as possible. This is one luxurey force and ranger have that hunters do not so abuse it. (In force's case, you balance offensive and supportive weapon.)

Devilot
Feb 8, 2007, 06:59 PM
I made my Guntecher a human, but I wish I had made my main, a newearl, into a Guntecher way back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Guns are the most fun.

juno-6
Feb 9, 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, i kinda wish i had gone cast, but then i wouldn't be able to use my cometara.

DoubleK93
Feb 9, 2007, 09:57 PM
I am a Male Cast and im lvl 1 Guntecher in my 20's lvl. I just love it and I can't wait untill I can use my A rank Canes. LOOOOOOOOONG way till I can use them. LOL

Dymalos
Feb 10, 2007, 04:41 AM
My main toon is a Female 68 Beast GT 8. I guess that makes me one of the few Beasts. Despite the fact that my particular race and gender combination has the worst possible ATA, I honestly don't run into many problems when it comes to ATA. It's all about perspective, while I may have terrible accuracy for a Ranger derived class, it's actually excellent when compared to the general populace as a whole. I'm about tied with a Male Cast Fighgunner, for example, and they don't generally have a problem hitting things, the game seems to be balanced so that even a melee should be able to hit the majority of the time.

Besides, one of the great things about the Guntecher class is that we have access to weapons that contribute quite a great deal of Accuracy, specifically both Bows and Cards, which have the highest accuracy bonus available on any Ranged Weapons. What this means is that whenever, I go against a creature with particularly high evasion, a lvl 85 Mizura for example, then I reach for my Hanmateric, w/ 340 base Acc, I have no problem hitting the Mizura as often as my 66 Cast Fortegunner 7 friend with his Phantom, which only has a base Acc of 188. I duo frequently with this particular Cast as he's my friend in real life, and as far as we're both able to make out, my racially poor ATA isn't exactly crippling me, in fact I have a rather high accuracy rate with even my Machineguns.

We don't try to avoid the harder content either, I generally hang about Parum, doing De Ragnus or Freight Train Rescue on S. As a Beast I have 1524 HP, and that certainly counts for a heck of a lot, considering that when De Ragnus lands on me, I'm looking at about 200 life left. I'm not too sure that attack would be survivable as a Newman. Does my TP suffer? To be sure, but what does racial TP really matter, when even at lvl 10 Guntecher we're only going to have 44% of it. I've said it numerous times and I will continue to say it: as Guntechers we're never going to be in a situation in which an Attack Technic is going to be out damaging our Guns, even if a monster is resistant to the bullets they will take decent damage from either Infect or Burn. None of the buffs or debuffs are reliant on TP, that leaves us with Resta. I'm not sure if I would sacrifice a sizeable amount of ATP for a better Resta. In fact, I choose not to do that. In my opinion, it is best to emphasize ATP over ATA (Casts have a good mix, so bonus for them) and ignore TP altogether. EVP is certainly nice, but is it reliable? I think not.

Jey
Feb 10, 2007, 05:56 AM
I don't really look at the EVP stat... my fT has a monstrous amount of EVP and she gets tossed around like a rag doll quite a bit 9_9 and my Figh I get really annoyed blocking 4 times in a row trying to get off Dus Robado. It's nice on gunner jobs since blocking while firing doesn't really waste that much PP and gun PP regen is ridiculous but in the end...

A fair amount of TP is nice, but on your typical GT build the only thing TP would modify is Resta, yeah... I heal for about 480hp a pop (using a Crozara+10, it'd be a little more if I really tried to grind up a W'gacroza I guess... maybe I should, male human lv3 luck <_<;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;)

The thing about hybrid classes is that they don't play specifically towards one extreme or another, so any race can play them equally well exploiting their racial stats. I have beast figh friends who refuse to use anything but melee weapons and traps, more power to them since they hit so much harder <_< and wartecher newmans who actually nuke >_> *shrug?*

Playstyle >>> everyone else's opinion, as long as you're having fun and doing what you feel is your best, and take criticism with a grain of salt.

But as for weapons, leave handguns for the fFs!

And man... now that I think about it, a lv85 Mizura has 3100ish EVP... If you can hit them from not-behind with anything at a decent rate, that's pretty impressive @_@ mebbe look into some hanmaterics for those...

Dymalos
Feb 10, 2007, 07:03 AM
With Hanmaterics I can hit even lvl 90 Mizuras (From Mad Beasts) from the front about 50-60% of the time. They have about the same Hitpoints as a Jarba so it helps to Infect or Burn them as that will be doing the majority of the damage. I'm a Beast, so I don't doubt that a Human, Cast, or Newman could pull off a better hit rate with this Bow. Like I said, if you use the right weapons you don't have to resort to using attack technics. Heck, if you're lucky you can find the pattern for the Roksari (Kubara Subs in for Hanmaterics) off of the Type 32 Blue Bots in Grove of Fanatics S.

egn56
Feb 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
cast guntecher