PDA

View Full Version : Time spent on PSU versus time spent on PSOW...?

Axel3792
Feb 7, 2007, 02:22 PM
Ha, PSOW > PSU

Hmm. In almost all of my classes, I have an internet connection available, so I browse PSOW about 4 hours a day, on and off during lectures (when it isn't hectic). Now, I only play PSU about 7-10 hours, if that, during the same week.

Basically, does anyone else spend more time browsing a forum about the game than they do playing said game?

Oh, and mods, please don't move this to some other forum (*cough*fresh kills*cough*). I think this is kind of funny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jae
Feb 7, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm on here a lot, mostly because work is boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't really logged on to the actual game in about 2 weeks.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
Simply enough, the forum is more accessible than the game, generally speaking. Even when my primary computer is down, I can still get to PSO-World. Plus, it's easier to browse a forum at work and get nothing made of it, than it is to play a game while I'm clocked in.

I do have a very laid back boss though, so there's no problem with playing the game at lunch or after hours. Still though, I don't have a game controller here, so I tend to just wait until I get home.

Almalexia
Feb 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
Whenever I feel like saying something. Which could vary between 30min to an hr here.

Axel3792
Feb 7, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:34, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I do have a very laid back boss though, so there's no problem with playing the game at lunch or after hours.

O.o where can I get a boss like yours...?

Itchee
Feb 7, 2007, 02:40 PM
Yep. This page is generally open for the 8 hours im at work. Id be lucky to play 8 hours in a day....

Tomeeboy
Feb 7, 2007, 02:44 PM
I know I spend more time on the site... I think it's safe to say that Ryna does as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Itsuki
Feb 7, 2007, 02:49 PM
Most of the ops probably do. XD Not that I am one.

One of my problems is most of the people I play with don't sign on before 10pm EST. So generally speaking, I'll check PSOW (among other forums) a couple times before that. And if there anything that spikes my interest, stay a bit longer. And then theres times when I'm running missions and everybody goes back to their rooms to restock / deposit, and I check again. Overall, I think its probably half and half... depending.

Rashiid
Feb 7, 2007, 02:49 PM
lol look at my profile...

then, look at my post rate...

i have more posts on this than ppl that had acconts since '05' XD

RadiantLegend
Feb 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'd say 95% PSU and 5% PSOW

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 02:54 PM
PSOW hands down. The entire time I play PSU, either my PC, or my laptop (both of which sit right next to me) have their browsers opened to PSOW. I just refresh when there is some in game down time.

Rizen
Feb 7, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well...I guess I can say about 50/50 for me...seeing how when I am on PSU I am also browsing PSOW....

Then again I also browse PSOW while I am at school so PSOW might win.

Jae
Feb 7, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:49, Rashiid wrote:

Looking at my own post count, I'd say you have more posts on PSOW than people who have had accounts since '02. Good grief, man. >_>

Deus-Irae
Feb 7, 2007, 03:07 PM
im happy to say that i allways spend more free time gaming than on gaming forums. this goes for all of them, not just PSU.

playing games interest me a lot more than talking about them. i like to discuss them too, but i enjoy playing them much more.

also for some reason PSOW seems a lot less informative and pertinent to me than it did when i was actively playing PSO. that may just be where im coming from, not necessarily a reflection on PSOW. i just seem to have much less of a need or an interest in PSOW since i stopped playing PSO/started playing PSU.

this may change as i get a chance to really dig into PSU like i did PSO, and as we learn more about the game system and different subtle things about stats, hunting rares, etc.

there seems to be a whole lot less to talk about then there used to. but again, that might just be a reflection on me as opposed to PSU/PSOW.

*edited 19 times because i cant spell...!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deus-Irae on 2007-02-07 12:12 ]</font>

CrabRangoon
Feb 7, 2007, 05:22 PM
I havent clocked NEARLY the same number of total hours on this site as I have on the characters I've got, that's for sure. Also, I browse this site off and on throughout my work shift w/my PDA, but never on the work computer cuz I'd get busted. Then whenever I get home, before logging on PSU, I check to see if anything new came up on the forum, then go about my business.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 7, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-02-07 12:06, Jae wrote:

Looking at my own post count, I'd say you have more posts on PSOW than people who have had accounts since '02. Good grief, man. >_>

that's an insane amount of posts in a month, how can someone even have that much to say?

THE JACKEL

Nuclearranger
Feb 7, 2007, 05:31 PM
Well PSU is funner than PSO-W but i do spend alot of time at school on here lol

Retehi
Feb 7, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-02-07 14:25, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-02-07 12:06, Jae wrote:

that's an insane amount of posts in a month, how can someone even have that much to say?

THE JACKEL

They don't, it's usually spam, or IM like conversations through threads.

*cough*

Nuclearranger
Feb 7, 2007, 05:33 PM
Oh no offence intended eather XDXD

Ryno
Feb 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:30, Jae wrote:
I'm on here a lot, mostly because work is boring. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

same here.. work and college.. i havent played for 3 days

SuperRygar
Feb 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
i have PSOW open all day at work, and whenever i'm playing PSU at home

Tahldon
Feb 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:54, Sychosis wrote:
PSOW hands down. The entire time I play PSU, either my PC, or my laptop (both of which sit right next to me) have their browsers opened to PSOW. I just refresh when there is some in game down time.

I do the exact same thing. Except I refresh when any kind of loading screen pops up.

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 05:54 PM
That's what I mean by down time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Loading screens, boss movie playing, backtracking to a door, middle of Bruce's. You know, down time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Feb 7, 2007, 05:54 PM
idk how, most forums i used to do on other sites, they weres fast responses, so i was used to repsonding fast...

sorri? >.>

zanotam
Feb 7, 2007, 05:56 PM
PSO-W: 75% of time PSU:25%. Even while playign PSU i'll be surfing PSO-W http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sekani
Feb 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:54, Sychosis wrote:

NPCMook
Feb 7, 2007, 11:08 PM
PSOW > Work