PDA

View Full Version : Was wondering...

LowtherUK
Feb 7, 2007, 04:57 PM
Recently accuquired(sp) the xbox 360 verion of PSU and instantly fell in love with the game. At first i decided to just stick with the story and extra modes for the game (due to not having my 360 hooked up to the internet) but after doing a little research I have learnt that I'd be missing on not only additional story content as well as the expert classes and other weapons.

So, was wondering how active the online mod is at this time with various other MMOs on the market? Also, I assume that it is not as time demanding as WoW is. Is this assumption accurate or inaccurate?

Thanks for your time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 05:04 PM
360land is quite active. 3 full universes every night. That's what? 3,000 players on every night?

Let me know when you get online. I'll show ya around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LowtherUK
Feb 7, 2007, 05:06 PM
Should have been more specific - wont be playing online with my 360 but have just ordered a PC version of the game. A shame I know as I read that the PC controls arent as smooth as the 360 ones.

Will possibly attempt to get my 360 connected in the future but at the moment in time it would just be too much of a pain in the arse and far simplier in the long run to play via PC.

So allow me to rephrase my question - are the PSU PC servers active at all?

Itchee
Feb 7, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-02-07 14:06, LowtherUK wrote:
Should have been more specific - wont be playing online with my 360 but have just ordered a PC version of the game. A shame I know as I read that the PC controls arent as smooth as the 360 ones.

Will possibly attempt to get my 360 connected in the future but at the moment in time it would just be too much of a pain in the arse and far simplier in the long run to play via PC.

So allow me to rephrase my question - are the PSU PC servers active at all?

Well, as it stand right now...the PS2/PC servers are having a mass exodus of people disgruntled with PSU for a variety of reasons. Many will tell you its because of hacking(which is rampant). The 360 servers, however, have seen a large upswing in people...especially after this past weekend with the influx of demo players. There are people everywhere...all hours of the day. If you can deal with the problems plaguing the PS2/PC servers, then indeed...it would be much easier to get up and running there...however, in current terms of longevity, the 360 version is looking to be pulling ahead.

Nuclearranger
Feb 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
PC and PS2 servers arnt that bad!! calm down lol
Its not like the world is breaking up...
Just PM me and ill see what i can do to help you and you can get a 360 controler for your PC too

Itchee
Feb 7, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-02-07 14:34, NuclearRanger wrote:
PC and PS2 servers arnt that bad!! calm down lol
Just PM me and ill see what i can do to help you and you can get a 360 controler for your PC too

Im certainly not bad-mouthing the PC/PS2 servers...im just stating whats out there on the boards to read and commenting on what ive seen in-game.

CelestialBlade
Feb 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
PC servers are just fine, I'm tired of people whining about imperfections.

Well if you're looking to finding something insanely huge like the WoW playerbase, it won't be here. What you'll mostly find are former PSO players looking for something new, but this game is also very new so I can't expect too much out of it just yet. I feel it will grow, though. Also, it does not demand much of your time at all. You don't have to grind one field if you don't want to, it's pretty easy to level and get items just by doing missions all over the Gurhal system. There's also a Story Mode in Network Mode, which after the last two missions has gotten pretty interesting.

If you're looking for a game that's not super-repetitive and won't eat your soul, PSU is where its at.

Tay
Feb 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
Its not like the world is breaking up...Where have YOU been?

Tengoku
Feb 7, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:31, Typheros wrote:

Well if you're looking to finding something insanely huge like the WoW playerbase, it won't be here. What you'll mostly find are former PSO players looking for something new, but this game is also very new so I can't expect too much out of it just yet. I feel it will grow, though. Also, it does not demand much of your time at all. You don't have to grind one field if you don't want to, it's pretty easy to level and get items just by doing missions all over the Gurhal system. There's also a Story Mode in Network Mode, which after the last two missions has gotten pretty interesting.
Amen. Some of us are also here because WoW hasn't changed and PSU is quite a bit more accessable and fun. This is the ultimate "Casuals" game. Up and running instances within 3 minutes of loggin in... and that's if you're slow.
If you're looking for a game that's not super-repetitive and won't eat your soul, PSU is where its at.
I won't argue about the soul-eating part. I want more maps as I am greedy. Gimme big maps to explore. The visuals are already quite awesome, let's expand the experience. That being said, the hive is quite creepy. I like that.

I recommend the PC version, but only because I'm not spending 1200k on a 360 and HDTV just to play PSU. Plus, I can read pso-world at the same time and listen to my tunes. Don't know if 360 can do that, but I'm not spending the cash to find out.

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 08:24 PM

Well, technically, yes, didn't server 1 disappear and other servers begin to crash when too many players are on?

LowtherUK
Feb 8, 2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the information and to be honest I am not looking to find something insanely hufe like the WoW playerbase so that wont be a problem.

Looking to find a solid core group of friends with whom to play whilst playing the game the way I want -without being ditacted to or being told that certain areas of the game are now obsulete due to an expansion (sorry for the WoW reference there)

Anyways - cheers for the informative post Typheros http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CyarVictor
Feb 8, 2007, 12:28 PM
oops miss read the third post. I believe all platforms have a good amount of activity on most universes, just depends on the time of day and the universes. Don't pass on uni's without any stars since those only account for a certain amount of people. Ones without stars can still have people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-02-08 09:35 ]</font>

LowtherUK
Feb 8, 2007, 05:02 PM
Still having problems with the DNS connection for my xbox 360. Have been trying to connect by using the cable supplied with the 360 pluged directly into the back of my PC.

Is it worth buying the 360 wireless adapter and trying to hook it up with that?

Akaimizu
Feb 8, 2007, 05:19 PM
From what I hear, Wireless works well. Of course, most regular routers work perfectly. However, if your network is wireless-only; that might be the best bet for you. I'm still unsure if you really have to use the official 360 wireless adapter as well. The way it connects up, one would think other wireless adapters would also work with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-08 14:21 ]</font>

LowtherUK
Feb 8, 2007, 05:22 PM
Well, have no form of wireless connection at the moment and attempting to use a wired connection just isn't working.

To be honest I believe the problem might lie with my PC as well, not the 360 but hav eno diea on how to sort it.

Emrald
Feb 8, 2007, 06:06 PM

I whole heartedly agree with you fine sir. ^_^

LowtherUK
Feb 9, 2007, 06:25 PM
Started my PC character tonight - Kotodarn is his name. Drop him a line if you feel like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PMB960
Feb 9, 2007, 07:50 PM
I have a low level alt. char Atalanta. I could do some runs with her and her PM tonight. I will be on Uni 15 at about 8:30. That alt. is only level 6. Plus I have a friend that might be on too so we could show you some of the better places to do runs.

Tuxedose
Feb 10, 2007, 08:42 AM
On 2007-02-09 15:25, LowtherUK wrote:
Started my PC character tonight - Kotodarn is his name. Drop him a line if you feel like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

welcome to PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. And I agree with everyone that the pc/ps2 servers aint that bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

February
Feb 10, 2007, 08:56 AM
On 2007-02-09 15:25, LowtherUK wrote:

I play as February and Musa. Feel free to say Hi if you see me roaming around.

Yuicihi
Feb 10, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-02-07 14:04, Sychosis wrote:
360land is quite active. 3 full universes every night. That's what? 3,000 players on every night?

Let me know when you get online. I'll show ya around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But no one actually does C-Runs anymore, and actually should be doing it to level... Outside of a few runs.

Most people on the 360 have no lives, and the majority are higher levels, which means more soloing for newbies.

Of course, I'm partially to blame, since I'm never on, and I come back two days after I make a friend to find out they jumped about ten levels.

Time demanding... No, not as much as WoW. It's more or less shorter bursts, if you're just trying to level, and actually know where to do so.

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 10:12 AM
I do C runs. Mainly because that is all I can solo. Sad I know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

trust_kill
Feb 10, 2007, 10:17 AM
PC and PS2 servers arnt that bad!!

Yes, yes it is.

February
Feb 10, 2007, 10:26 AM
No, no it isn't.

Yuicihi
Feb 10, 2007, 10:57 AM
On 2007-02-10 07:26, heavenly6 wrote:
No, no it isn't.

We can argue like this all day. educate;
There's something called an 'opinion'. It's a mysticalconcept, really. You post yours, and why you think such way. Maybe we'll listen.

'No, no it isn't.' isn't an argument.

rena-ko
Feb 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
where we are at that 'yes, yes it is' isnt an argument either.

but enough of this console war nonsense. get back on topic, everyone.

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 11:14 AM
360 > PC!

Kidding, kidding! Please don't eat me!

I have however helped (or at the very least am taking credit for helping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) Lowther get his Xbox connected to Live. He's wireless though so his connection seems a little wonky at the moment.

LowtherUK
Feb 10, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-02-10 08:14, Sychosis wrote:
360 > PC!

Kidding, kidding! Please don't eat me!

I have however helped (or at the very least am taking credit for helping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) Lowther get his Xbox connected to Live. He's wireless though so his connection seems a little wonky at the moment.

And by wonky I mean totally and utterly w***** - was able to connect briefly though so better then my wired connection lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phetty
Feb 10, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:42, Tengoku wrote:
I recommend the PC version, but only because I'm not spending 1200k on a 360 and HDTV just to play PSU. Plus, I can read pso-world at the same time and listen to my tunes. Don't know if 360 can do that, but I'm not spending the cash to find out.

The 360 can stream music to your console via Windows Media Connect. As of right now there isnt an Internet browser but there are rumors of one being added. Another nice thing is the ability to chat with a headset, although PC users can use something like Skype or Teamspeak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phetty on 2007-02-10 14:48 ]</font>

Hustler_One
Feb 10, 2007, 05:57 PM
Looking to find a solid core group of friends with whom to play whilst playing the game the way I want -without being ditacted to or being told that certain areas of the game are now obsulete due to an expansion (sorry for the WoW reference there)

Anyways - cheers for the informative post Typheros http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you dont already have a group of friends, say, 3 or 4 total, I dont reccomend the PC/PS2 servers. There are WAY too many people that will refuse to play with anyone not in there little cliques, and im having horrid difficulties leveling up due to not being able to find any S rank groups that arent locked. Which at least 80% of the games on any server but 1 or 2 are. And the ones on those are ussually full.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hustler_One on 2007-02-10 22:33 ]</font>

A2K
Feb 11, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-02-10 07:17, trust_kill wrote:
Yes, yes it is.

On 2007-02-10 07:57, Yuicihi wrote:

No, no it isn't.

There's something called an 'opinion'. It's a mysticalconcept, really. You post yours, and why you think such way. Maybe we'll listen.

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A: Yes it is.
M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A: No it isn't.
M: It is!
A: It is not.
M: Look, you just contradicted me.
A: I did not.
M: Oh you did!!
A: No, no, no.
M: You did just then.
A: Nonsense!
M: Oh, this is futile!
M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!
A: Yes it is!
M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-11 00:20 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 03:23 AM
A2K seems feisty tonight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And I do believe we have fixed Lowther's connection problems. He was getting the maintenance thing. A DNS switch seems to have put things in order.

February
Feb 11, 2007, 04:07 AM
On 2007-02-10 07:57, Yuicihi wrote:

No, no it isn't.

lmao. No sense of humor, I see?