PDA

View Full Version : MY Wartechers poll, not some poll >=X

Kimil
Feb 7, 2007, 11:05 PM
What race are you Wartechers? I've seen every race so far, and I was not supprized at all to find a Cast Wartecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-02-09 12:01 ]</font>

Um

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-10 12:46 ]</font>

DanMalak
Feb 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
Where'd you get the idea Wartechers>Guntechers? I beleive its Guntechers>Wartechers. AND the best race for Guntecher is newman. XD

Guntechers FTW! 0o

zanotam
Feb 7, 2007, 11:09 PM
please i'm begging you go beast. Cast is a bad choice all around, Newman has pretty techs and stuff, but FT is WAY better and so although we require 5 force we're really just hunters with resta/buffs which sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kimil
Feb 7, 2007, 11:13 PM
Actually, YA, Imma BeAST WT, and I think that race/class combo is the best
For Guntecher? Go Cast... Newm really only shine as FT

zanotam
Feb 7, 2007, 11:15 PM
user received a warning for this post.
good work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-02-09 12:03 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 7, 2007, 11:19 PM
Both classes suck pretty horribly, IMO - though I will say that the lvl 10 technique cap for Guntecher is pitiful. Might as well not even have them - expecially since S/D & J/Z are nowhere near as efficent as they were in PSO. This leaves you stuck with status effects on your guns as your main and most useful form of support - something which would be better served with a full-blown RA character who can focus on applying those effects soley rather than streching themselves thin playing the gimped FO.

But hey.. on the bright side, at least you don't have to worry about ever leveling your buffs/debuffs... they never get any better than they are at lvl 1.

And for the record - I only have two characters whom I actually play with... and their classes are Wartecher and Guntecher.

Kimil
Feb 7, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-02-07 20:15, zanotam wrote:

On 2007-02-07 20:13, Kimil wrote:
Actually, YA, Imma BeAST WT, and I think that race/class combo is the best
For Guntecher? Go Cast... Newm really only shine as FT

newmans are wonderful GT with second highest ATA and highest TP/MST whats not to love? They make MUCH better GT then Casts.

No they don't

Newms make a better Rounded GT (Good ennough ATA, and TP high ennough to do SOME damage with techs), but the Main aspect or GT (SE) shines on the Cast. Plus, Techs that GTs use (Buff mostly, some Debuffs + Resta and Reverser) don't use TP cept Resta, which means their low-end TP doesn't amtter. PLus Casts Do better damage than Newms too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-02-09 12:06 ]</font>

GoldenFalcon
Feb 7, 2007, 11:27 PM
Zanotam, when did you become so personal about Guntecher? And I must say, cast Guntecher get better guns earlier and have more damage, so I vote for cast on this one. For Wartecher? I'd go with cast if you plan on ever using A rank bows/cards, beast if you plan on ever using A rank weaponry like claws, newman if you like spells for support, and human if you want it all, but much later on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-02-09 12:07 ]</font>

Retsuya
Feb 8, 2007, 03:27 AM
my alt character (human) will became a wartecher for the bonus and for the double dagers

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 8, 2007, 07:36 AM
my wartecher is a newman. some of you people say that newmans only shine as fortetechers but some of us don't give a crap about shining or BS like that, we just want a class that can be survivable, others want pointy ears without having to be pure mages, and others just want an option for newmans that won't have such abysmall defense and hp. sorry, needed to vent that out. we need to get some fire extinguishers or something now.

ShinMaruku
Feb 8, 2007, 07:50 AM
Stats in this game are nigh nelgiable if ya do the right stuff so people can suck donkey balls about which race is bad or whatever. I think wtaching a newman with an Axe is hillarious.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
On 2007-02-08 04:50, ShinMaruku wrote:
Stats in this game are nigh nelgiable if ya do the right stuff so people can suck donkey balls about which race is bad or whatever. I think wtaching a newman with an Axe is hillarious.

qtf, it is most hilarious to see a newman with an axe when an elitist loser gets pissed at it and complains, expecting that newman to heal and such.

Vhex
Feb 8, 2007, 08:40 AM
If I can't get my skills to level 30 or equip alot of S-ranks, its a useless class. Therefore, Guntecher > Wartecher for the level 30 Bullets and S-rank weapon usage.

Fure_Rakune
Feb 8, 2007, 11:17 AM
Im a Warteching Cast and I love every damn minute of it.
Restabot/Buffbot wins.

_Deliverance_
Feb 8, 2007, 12:22 PM
Guntecher is a ranger with seriously gimp techs. At least Wartecher can do melee and tech well enough to be effective either way. Guntechers may as well not even bother with damage techs. Wartechers on the other hand, can do so respectably.

If you disagree, then you are wrong. 700-1100 damage digas and 400-600 Radigas from a WT own your face. Deal with it.

Akaimizu
Feb 8, 2007, 12:39 PM
No one disagrees. If you put everything simply on a Direct Damage case, the GTs will always be at a disadvantage. Well, outside of Status effects on big creatures. That's about the only way we see 1300+ damage happen.

Still, I think it's actually funny. Only with GT can you do an attack for 40-damage and land a status effect for over 1000-damage each tick. The odd pleasure of 2 extremes.

WT is an easier class to use, so it has its advantages.

Natrokos
Feb 8, 2007, 12:54 PM
Go figure I would find both these classes extremely appealing.....

lordkaosu
Feb 8, 2007, 01:43 PM
I'm a beast and have both of these classes to 10, they're both great classes.

A Guntecher is great and you only lose about 10% ATP (compared to Fortegunner) to gain spells. Granted, it's lv.10 spells but they work in a pinch, unless you're a Newman GT you're probably not going to be a main healer. Lv.30 bullets w/lv.4 status effect are a huge benefit in battle and spell support is handy if you use it correctly.

A Wartecher is good fun and has slightly higher stats then a GT. You're spells at 20 can do enough to be respectable and you get a nice weapon selection. The gimp is a lot more when you compare it to either Fortefighter or Fortetecher though, that's the cost of mashing the 2 classes together evenly. WT is an even mix, GT is more Gunner w/weak spell support.

Overall, all mixed classes are harder to use (the techer classes and transer more then Fighgunner) and be effective. You have to work with gimps, that's a bit of a turnoff at face value.

MegaBUD
Feb 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
I got a Newearl WT maxed... but i think beast do better WT...
I got a Caseal GT lvl 50 and she do great... heal+buff only...

For the one who think newman are the best for GT... only 45% TP... and tech lvl10max... tech do no dmg at all... GT is the ultimate support unit with SE/buff/debuff/heal

But... all race can do all job... some do better than other... at the end we do the same job

Beast fortegunner is great... mad dmg!

zanotam
Feb 8, 2007, 06:20 PM

I'd have to disagree, as someone who played a Human Female WT beign stuff with 4* when otehrs has 7*/8* was pretty ridiculous. WT suck period get over it!

juno-6
Feb 8, 2007, 06:48 PM
20 this 20 that........and 2 S ranks? ok yea, WT>GT totally.....medicority FTW!

ShinMaruku
Feb 8, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-02-08 15:20, zanotam wrote:

I'd have to disagree, as someone who played a Human Female WT beign stuff with 4* when otehrs has 7*/8* was pretty ridiculous. WT suck period get over it!

Now that is subjective. When I do wnat to go crazy that's what my fortetecher is for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EJ
Feb 8, 2007, 08:12 PM
i vote wartecher since I myself is a newman wartecher and love the class since I mix weapons and techs attack when i play ;3

EphekZ
Feb 8, 2007, 08:18 PM
Human <3

Sinue_v2
Feb 8, 2007, 11:13 PM

GT lvl 10 techs make them nearly worthless. Their MST and TP are pathetic in compairison to any other techning class, including WT. You're going to be spending so much time buffing and debuffing, healing, and reversering that you won't have time to efficently spread status effects - expecially on the higher difficulties. You'll end up doing a half-assed job on both ends of the spectrum. Sounds like mediocrity to me. And honestly, as said before... you might as well not even cast your buffs and debuffs. They're expired almost before you've even cast them (and yes, I know that's an exaggeration) - and the damage bonus/reduction is extremely neglegable. Which basically means you're stuck as nothing more really than a spare resta tank (woe to the party who's GT is the primary healer). Which, again, if you're going to be casting multiple times to heal your party whereas a WT or F/FT could do it in about one cast. Keep everyone close - by the time you run to your allies aid to heal them with your pathetic Resta range, two more will be likely need to be healed - and chances are they aren't close to one another. At least.. not your resta range close.

Oh, and enjoy your Sranks. It's unfortunate that the only weapons you can efficently use are off-hand weapons like the handgun/crossbow so that you can carry a wand in the other. That is, unless you like constantly switching weapons every 5 seconds... which (expecially if you're on the PS2 version) is a major pain in the ass.

If your teching ability is so gimped - and your primary support is done through your status effects... then why even gimp yourself in the first place by mixing pathetic techs in? Why not simply go ForteGunner or Figunner? At least then you can apply status effects with inpunety without the pretense of pretending you're a FO.

GunTecher and WarTecher are both sucky classes - but at least WarTecher is playable without punishing the player. GunTechers are to Phantasy Star Universe what Dan was to Street Fighter. Though again, I suppose that draws it's own crowd of masochistic players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-02-08 20:15 ]</font>

VanHalen
Feb 9, 2007, 12:18 AM
funny i thought everyone hated wartechers lol

Sinue_v2
Feb 9, 2007, 02:49 AM
They do, and they also hate Guntechers and Protransers.

R2D6battlebot
Feb 9, 2007, 03:22 AM
Maybe some people think its more rewarding to play classes that require some minute form of skill rather than just completely dominate everything without having to try. All of the classes are solely dependant on play-style and nothing else, so quit being such an opinionated jackass and saying that some classes are 'worse' than others when you dont know what everyones definition of 'best' is, whether its doing the most damage or being versatile as a support character.

Edit - To future poll makers, dont be so ignorant as to make the title of your Poll have NOTHING to do with the poll itself, as it obviously had NO point other than to gain attention and start a war over opinionated bull crap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-02-09 01:41 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 9, 2007, 08:46 AM
Maybe some people think its more rewarding to play classes that require some minute form of skill rather than just completely dominate everything without having to try.

Yes, and I'm one of those people. I have both a WarTecher and a GunTecher (a cast GunTecher no less), and my most played character on PSO was a Melee FOnewearl. I know all about enjoying the challenge of taking a weak character, or a character geared towards another purpose, and managing them into something unique and fun to play. As I said - the GunTecher is about paramount to being the "Dan" of PSU. If you don't know who Dan is, he's a character from the Street Fighter II series. The worst fighter, mind you, by design. Capcom tossed in that gimped out piece of crap so that people who wanted even more of a challenge could take him up, which they did. A lot of people became very, very, skilled with Dan.

You might be very skilled with your GunTecher, but that does not change the point that they're gimped out techs are near worthless which means their place in the party would be far better served if they went ForteGunner. ForteTechers have level 30 bullets as well, which means even they could off-hand pistols or cards for status effect assistance. Oh sure, they'd only actually inflict the status effect once in a while - same as if you try to run around with a horribly short resta range trying to heal the party - not to mention casting (weak) buffs on everyone that only last a minuite or so... and debuffing the enemies (which is similarly weak and has an even shorter duration).

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 9, 2007, 08:59 AM
On 2007-02-09 05:46, Sinue_v2 wrote:
As I said - the GunTecher is about paramount to being the "Dan" of PSU. If you don't know who Dan is, he's a character from the Street Fighter II series. The worst fighter, mind you, by design. Capcom tossed in that gimped out piece of crap so that people who wanted even more of a challenge could take him up, which they did. A lot of people became very, very, skilled with Dan.

Ok, I like your post and all but there is no way in hell that Dan was gimped, he was by far the most broken and overpowered character in ALL of the Street Fighter serieses, a billion times more powerful than Gill, Shin Akuma/Gouki, and Super M. Bison(Street Fighter Alpha 3 final boss) combined. I would say that the Dan of PSU would probably be Beast Fortefighter w/ Dus Daggas and Renkai Buyou Zan back in the days when those PAs were stronger than they are now.

_Deliverance_
Feb 9, 2007, 11:58 AM
Honestly, Guntechers...just go Fortegunner and carry meds. Yeesh. My good friend is a Guntecher, and when the buffs came out and he realized that they suck for GT's, he was pissed.

I used to be one of the people that thought WT was sucky, and pure mediocrity. But I tried it out (You can't knock it until you try it, right?), and it's very useful. No FT in the party? Great, I can stand in and cover the heals/buffs while meleeing. Or if it's a mission with melee resistant mobs, I can do very respectable damage with techs, while the melee ping away with their weapons.

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 12:09 PM
I'm certainly not changing Tynselle's job at all. Nor will I ever quest with elitists who discredit my abilities the moment they see me, without seeing me work. I'll just have to remain incompatible with those types, so I'll stick to my circle of friends, who like what I do on the field, for them; or people, who can appreciate my work.

I love what I do for the job, and while it IS work, it is fun and diverse work. I don't look at one aspect of the job, but all aspects; and yes I've optimized my weapon pallette and switch constantly, during a mission. I show my prowress by filling out what the party needs at any given moment. I never count what I do as useless, but I combine the entire-aspects to a useful supporter. And generally, monsters don't survive the Debuff duration anyway, so I don't feel duration has a lot to do with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-09 09:09 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
Can I be in your circle of friends? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 12:32 PM
If you behave you can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
Awesome.

DonRoyale
Feb 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
Newman.

Sue me. ._.

nooblet
Feb 9, 2007, 09:04 PM
from what i understand capcom put dan in the game to make fun of snk for taking 'their" characters.

I like my human wartecher. A good all-around job.

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 09:56 PM
More like, taking their developer. The Street Fighter guy was instrumental in the creation of Art of Fighting 1. Ryo Sakazaki had some sparkling simularities to the Ryo and Ken model, with the exception of the moves that weren't the Fireball and Uppercut.

rena-ko
Feb 10, 2007, 04:44 AM
back on topic please.

Nani-chan
Feb 10, 2007, 04:53 AM
I like Beast WT's near invincibilty. Around 2k hp, good def, mst and evasion.. Resta for around 800 hp.

I just guess I don't want to rely on others so badly that I'll sacrifce a little power to do so.

Errorrrr
Feb 10, 2007, 05:02 AM
Beast WT is the best melee WT
Newman WT is the best force WT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Human and Cast are just second rate WT... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

AweOfShe
Feb 10, 2007, 05:30 AM
My Wartecher's a Newman. Closest I can get to my HUnewearl again. :P

Addendum: I <3 my EVP. :D

Alisha
Feb 10, 2007, 06:20 AM
On 2007-02-08 20:13, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Why not simply go ForteGunner or Figunner? At least then you can apply status effects with inpunety without the pretense of pretending you're a FO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-02-08 20:15 ]</font>

the answer to your question is simple . bows. bows are the only reason i'm interested in GT. plus you can get level 3 debuffs via ultimate bullet pa's

Sinue_v2
Feb 10, 2007, 07:41 AM
the answer to your question is simple . bows. bows are the only reason i'm interested in GT.

I'll accept that.

Nani-chan
Feb 10, 2007, 08:01 AM
The difference in lvl 20 and lvl 30 PAs is like this

Renkai Buyou-zan : 16 pp
lvl 20 128% att. 83% acc.

Renkai Buyou-zan : 16 pp
lvl 30 138% att. 83% acc.

Sure I can't use the 3rd part for knock back, but I can easily swap in twin sabers for rising crush. (For knock upwards)

Or maybe Damubarta/Damudiga for stagger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-02-10 05:03 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 10, 2007, 03:17 PM
Well, I dont have a Wartecher (or any Expert Class) yet as Im offline. However, it seems my Human main will be one. I was recommended to go one, based on how Ive been raising her offline. Regardless of what class I choose, Ive pretty much dabbled in all 3 classes on her so shes pretty self-reliant (not that I wouldnt like groups). Hell, Im Lv10 Hunter & Force on her now & working on Ranger. I dont think she'd have a prob finding a group one day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif