PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE SERVERS?

Deja
Feb 7, 2007, 06:01 PM
Uni2 and Uni7 dropped, both most crowded. The hackers are attacking the majority of gamers...

Flamingo99
Feb 7, 2007, 06:05 PM
Has this ever happened on a JP server? If not, Americans have no life what so ever...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2007-02-07 15:05 ]</font>

foamcup
Feb 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
ROFFLEMAYO

Yes, that's it, the HAXXORZ are responsible for everything wrong on this game. OH NOES! SERVER CRASH! HAX! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Or maybe Sega needs to get up on some maintenance.

EDIT: OH NOES! GO VAHRA JUST DROPPED A TRIMATE! HAX!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2007-02-07 15:10 ]</font>

petruseden
Feb 7, 2007, 06:07 PM
Everytime a Universe drops .. hackers are to blame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Garnet_Moon
Feb 7, 2007, 06:10 PM
This is going to continue to happen because some 360 fanboy has too much time on his hands, and not enough friends on his list. He hopes we'll switch to the 360 not knowing it's him, and be his friend.

XD right. I'll stick to my anonymous universe with friends, tyvm.

Deja
Feb 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
It happened 4 times last night, to every crowded server. Uni 2 had 3 stars? It crashed. Uni 3? Crashed. Uni 7 and 2 just dropped, and they are 2nd and 1st most crowded.

For it to happen two nights in a row...hackers. What the **** else can it be?

Garnet_Moon
Feb 7, 2007, 06:12 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:11, Deja wrote:
It happened 4 times last night, to every crowded server. Uni 2 had 3 stars? It crashed. Uni 3? Crashed. Uni 7 and 2 just dropped, and they are 2nd and 1st most crowded.

Uni15 also went down too when it only had 2 stars shortly after the other populated ones did.

foamcup
Feb 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:11, Deja wrote:

I don't know, maybe hardware problems? Hmmmmm.

Wait, I know what is! Teh haxxors are using the Force to force-choke the hardware from thousands of miles away! Also, the OP is a dumbass.

petruseden
Feb 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
What could it be?

1) Cooling malfuction .. overheating the system causing it to crash.
2) Congestion due to lack of maintenance , too much "junk info" causing the system to crash.
3) Some doofus back at HQ tripped a chord.
4) Power issues due to storms or w/e .. back up generator used, power came back online, needed to switch the system back over.

do i need to go on and install brains into everyone?
hackers are not to blame for everything.

santa is...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: petruseden on 2007-02-07 15:20 ]</font>

Kuya
Feb 7, 2007, 06:17 PM
Number 3, number 3!

Pinecone
Feb 7, 2007, 06:23 PM
you would think that after the universes crashed 6 or 7 times sega team would at least say they know whats going on on the PSU website and tell us what the problem is but of course that would be to easy.

EJ
Feb 7, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:16, petruseden wrote:

santa is...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: petruseden on 2007-02-07 15:20 ]</font>

I knew it santa is the villain here!!

Maybe it was just a hiccup in the system?

Genji
Feb 7, 2007, 06:25 PM
What could it be?

2) Congestion due to lack of matience, too much "junk info" causing the system to crash.
4) Power issues due to storms or w/e .. back up generator used, power came back online, needed to switch the system back over.

santa is...

I highly doubt it's any of the above. If that were the case, we'd see several universes drop at once, not just specific ones (the ones users are relocating to).

Golto
Feb 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
Uni 15 ever get hacked like this?

CelestialBlade
Feb 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
Every time you blame hackers for no reason, God kills a young female Newman.

Please, think of the Newmen.

Seriously, do we think machines are perfect or something? Servers crash all the freaking time.

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:10, Garnet_Moon wrote:
This is going to continue to happen because some 360 fanboy has too much time on his hands, and not enough friends on his list. He hopes we'll switch to the 360 not knowing it's him, and be his friend.

Yeah, must be a 360 user. Couldn't POSSIBLY be a server bug, or someone from the PC/PS2 community. We know they're clean as a whistle.

What else could it be?

*smacks self on forehead*

metatime
Feb 7, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:25, Genji wrote:

What could it be?

2) Congestion due to lack of matience, too much "junk info" causing the system to crash.

santa is...

I highly doubt it's any of the above. If that were the case, we'd see several universes drop at once, not just specific ones (the ones users are relocating to).

I'm pretty sure it is one server since when PSU launch, sega did mentioned that they put up a second server because of the amount of people on PSU JP. At most there are only 1 server on US and 2 at JP.

All four of those reasons are not valid reasons why random universe drop since it is one server in the US.

It seems like PSU topology is very similar to PSO. meaning that all ships are located on one server and each region has their own server (US, JP, EU)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-02-07 15:34 ]</font>

Ether
Feb 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
Why are so people so eager to scream that its NOT hackers? I mean, its not like there were flaws in PSO that allowed people to crash entire blocks or anything...

Pinecone
Feb 7, 2007, 06:34 PM
there goes uni 2 AGAIN, I am sorry to say that since it is specific universes that are being destroyed(the ones with people on them) it is very unlikely its just a simple malfunction. It's not necesarily hackers but this is to specified to just be a simple system error.

Genji
Feb 7, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:26, Typheros wrote:

Seriously, do we think machines are perfect or something? Servers crash all the freaking time.

Do you think a single computer hosts one universe?

More than likely, one computer is hosting universes 1-3, maybe even a few more. These universe "servers" are software, programs. In this case, someone is attacking a single universe (most likely through an exploit) and causing the program to lock up. Most game servers have a feature which in the case a server (universe) locks up, it kills the process and restarts it.

On 2007-02-07 15:32, metatime wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is one server since when PSU launch, sega did mentioned that they put up a second server because of the amount of people on PSU JP. At most there are only 1 server on US and 2 at JP.

All four of those reasons are not valid reasons why random universe drop since it is one server in the US.

That's as simple as running another instance of the universe program.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-02-07 15:41 ]</font>

metatime
Yes Ether is right, in the past on PSO, kiddie scripters (hate calling them hackers cause most of them aren't) can bring a single ship down and not the entire computer.

And yes Genji, the servers could be running on one machine like how PSO was. Like how an email server, ftp server, exchange server can all run on one computer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-02-07 15:42 ]</font>

Tengoku
Now, now. the sky just doesn't fall on its own, you know. Somebody has to be behind it.

God forbid what happens when these panicky kids actually own stuff and find out that it needs maintenance or it, you know, breaks randomly and stuff? "Oh noez! Haxxorz br0kez teh car!"

Sorry, not so good at the leet speak. Then again, "cascade failure" doesn't translate well either. Savvy?

petruseden
Just blame me .. i need some angst .. ::yawn::

NPCMook
Feb 7, 2007, 06:43 PM

Thats right someone on the 360 is to blame

Genobee
Feb 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
Every time a sever crashes a script kiddie gets his wings

CelestialBlade
Feb 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
I was on Universe 15 earlier and I noticed an occasional lag spike....every now and then, I'd shoot at stuff but damage would only show up a couple seconds later. Didn't happen all the time or consistantly, just every now and then. Switched to Universe 2 and everything was fine, and remained fine for pretty much a full hour (by that time I would've spiked 20-30 times on Uni15). Sounds like something on Sega's side (seemingly hardware related) just isn't running right. It makes no difference how many systems Sega's running us on, I can't call that a hacker problem.

metatime
Feb 7, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:50, Typheros wrote:
I was on Universe 15 earlier and I noticed an occasional lag spike....every now and then, I'd shoot at stuff but damage would only show up a couple seconds later. Didn't happen all the time or consistantly, just every now and then. Switched to Universe 2 and everything was fine, and remained fine for pretty much a full hour (by that time I would've spiked 20-30 times on Uni15). Sounds like something on Sega's side (seemingly hardware related) just isn't running right. It makes no difference how many systems Sega's running us on, I can't call that a hacker problem.

Multiple lag spikes could be DDOS attacks (high speculation)or simply lag on your end or on Sega end but most likely Sega will fix any attacks in time. So I won't really worry about ship crashing in the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-02-07 15:56 ]</font>

RuPiKa
Feb 7, 2007, 06:57 PM
If it is a hard/ soft-ware problem, I "Hope!!!" that it will be addressed and fixed on Thursday night.

petruseden
Feb 7, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-02-07 15:32, metatime wrote:

On 2007-02-07 15:25, Genji wrote:

What could it be?

santa is...

It seems like PSU topology is very similar to PSO. meaning that all ships are located on one server and each region has their own server (US, JP, EU)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-02-07 15:34 ]</font>

And I am guessing you have a schematic of thier server architecture? My point was NOT how the server was set up orl ayed out. My point was it is ridiculous to scream hacker everytime something goes wrong ...

This part is not directed to the above quote:

Using "logic" in this thread is a fail since it is full of speculation and emo-teens.

just stop screaming "hacker" until there is more substantial proof than "boo-hoo my game dont work1!1"

show me a post where someone is claiming responsibility or sega says they are getting attacked .. and I will STFU ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: petruseden on 2007-02-07 16:14 ]</font>

Deja
Feb 7, 2007, 07:17 PM
It happened on PSO so it can happen here. Hackers pumped in meseta, ruined the economy, made Sranks, walked through walls, and can lvl up PAs in minutes.

They CAN bring down universes.

Esufer
Feb 7, 2007, 07:17 PM
God, people. This isn't the work of hackers, it's blatantly Al Quaeda. Duh.

petruseden
Feb 7, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-02-07 16:17, Reigast wrote:

Quoted for Great Justice!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: petruseden on 2007-02-07 16:22 ]</font>

Weakness
Feb 7, 2007, 07:39 PM

Heh... I actually snorted a little from that one.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And nice AMV petruseden... even though I have never head of that manga/show until now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif.

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 08:00 PM

Pff, the amount of young female newmans on the 360 servers is ridiculous, they need to balance the population anyway.

But yes, soon the PC/PS2 shall see the arrival of the herald of their doom, the dreaded MIL LILY!!

Tay
Feb 7, 2007, 08:05 PM
That's because everyone luvs loli.

CelestialBlade
Feb 7, 2007, 08:07 PM

Epic win.

GForce09
Feb 7, 2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, it's clearly not a DDoS, it's just that the servers are magically getting too unstable when they fill up nowadays because of the infinite mesetas. That's it!

PMB960
Feb 7, 2007, 08:54 PM
Is it possible that one of the servers broke down so they needed to move the load to another one? I seriously doubt someone would spend the time to hack in and crash the servers on a game with < 15,000 people who are even signed up never mind logged on at the same time. If they wanted to do that why wouldn't they try to do that for a more populated game. Yes they may have more security and it would be more of a challenge but isn't that the idea?

VanHalen
Feb 7, 2007, 08:56 PM
On 2007-02-07 17:05, Tay wrote:
That's because everyone luvs loli.

the servers are mad at the pedos

norrisj15
Feb 7, 2007, 08:57 PM
that basically what everyone in the game is saying. the universes keep dying. can't take it. i have dc'd 3 times right when im about to get my MP for bruce's dungon. Sonic Team/Sega do something!!NOW!!!!
and then everyone wonders why everyone is quiting.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

kazuma56
Feb 7, 2007, 08:59 PM
maybe sega is actually trying to do something with hackers? crashing servers when someone tries to **** with the game? seems stupid but it does cause a restart and makes them move to another.

VanHalen
Feb 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
so what i aint worried i'll keep playing this game until the sequel comes out crazy random stuff like server crashing is kinda funny

Ravennittes
Feb 7, 2007, 09:03 PM
It's hackers for one simple reason: It's NOT happening on the 360 servers ^.^ . I think it's dumb and all, but it happens, so I say, either live with it, or go to the 360 version.

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 09:08 PM
360 vs PC/PS2 flame war in 3...

MaximusLight
Feb 7, 2007, 09:10 PM
In before FKL.

Ravennittes
Feb 7, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-02-07 18:08, Sychosis wrote:
360 vs PC/PS2 flame war in 3...

ZOMFG! 360 p0z0rz teh PC/PS2 cause we don't get teh hax0rz ^.^ .

Anyways, I hope they stop so all you guys can have fun. That's what this game it meant for, no?

Weakness
Feb 7, 2007, 09:12 PM
Meh... I am just gonna stay offline until the update tomorrow night. Hopefully it will be over with by then.

Gazette
Feb 7, 2007, 09:15 PM
You guys notice empty servers are also going down from time to time?
(No I don't mean near empty, I mean absolutely empty 0 star servers)
I severely doubt this is a hacker attempt.

Every so often I've seen completely empty servers blacked out as well.
What would be the point of randomly hitting empty servers?

All this mass hysteria is coming from a huge amount of speculation. Wait till we hear something official to make an assumption.

Eliash
Feb 7, 2007, 09:16 PM
My suggestion is to go form a group on a more populated server, and then convincing the group to go to a server where there is no stars showing. It should help to reduce the crashes you expierience.

NOTE: I do not play on the PC/PS2 servers, this is based on what I've been reading.

Weakness
Feb 7, 2007, 09:19 PM
On 2007-02-07 18:16, Eliash wrote:
My suggestion is to go form a group on a more populated server, and then convincing the group to go to a server where there is no stars showing. It should help to reduce the crashes you expierience.

NOTE: I do not play on the PC/PS2 servers, this is based on what I've been reading.

The crashes aren't being caused by an overload. Servers with no stars have been going down too. My assumption is somewhere over at Sega someone f'ed up big time.

The universes have held at max capacity for months on end before this started happening. I doubt it is some mass overload suddenly rearing its head after the months of nothing really big happening.

Rashiid
Feb 7, 2007, 09:21 PM
odd, only PC/Ps2 tho....we always hav our uni's here

Weakness
Feb 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
On 2007-02-07 18:21, Rashiid wrote:
odd, only PC/Ps2 tho....we always hav our uni's here

Two separate servers, two separate systems that they operate from. Why would anything that happens on PS2/PC effect 360 in any way?

Yuicihi
Feb 7, 2007, 10:34 PM

Oh, right. Blame the 360 for every fricking thing that goes wrong.

Like we did with Bush!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuicihi on 2007-02-07 19:34 ]</font>

Schubalts
Feb 7, 2007, 10:44 PM
Am I the only one who could tell that Garnet was joking? I hope Garnet was joking, anyway.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-02-07 19:44, Schubalts wrote:
Am I the only one who could tell that Garnet was joking? I hope Garnet was joking, anyway.

If more people will love my humor then I was joking!

>.>
<.<
>.>;;

PMB960
Feb 7, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-02-07 18:03, Ravennittes wrote:
It's hackers for one simple reason: It's NOT happening on the 360 servers ^.^ . I think it's dumb and all, but it happens, so I say, either live with it, or go to the 360 version.

um or it could be the servers are seperate.

Sinue_v2
Feb 7, 2007, 10:57 PM
IIRC, servers have been going down on PSU semi-often since the game released. Be it My Room server, populated/unpopulated servers... it's not like this is without precidence. The only thing suspicious is that it's happening in a short time span, and often to populated ships. It seems quite likely to me that it could very well be a hardware or software problem. Perhaps a configuration change or upgrade on Sega's end is the cause of this recent series of crashing. There's really no way to tell.

It's also not as if this is without precidence either - as PSO had several instances of ships going down (without user intervention) and comming back up randomly, not to mention the loss of the US login which stayed down for 2+ weeks one time.

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2007, 11:01 PM
The only way the 360 servers would go down is if Live crapped out. Live hosts the servers for PSU 360, so unless Xbox Live shuts down, we shouldn't have any problems.

Bummer for you lot though.

zanotam
Feb 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
*starts digging through couch for change so he can afford PSU 360*

Lyrix
Feb 7, 2007, 11:23 PM
I don't care if they go down because of server malfunctions or hackers, I think this is total crap.
All i know is that all of my friends play on the ps2 or pc, so even though i can play on the 360, im gonna fight through the crap in the hopes of a brighter future for the PS2/PC servers.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 7, 2007, 11:31 PM
Well...for the second day now servers have been dieing. At first i thought it might just be over population but today they died with barely three stars apiece. Anyways I like polls. So here we go.

NPCMook
Feb 7, 2007, 11:32 PM
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=134813&forum=20&59

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 8, 2007, 01:37 AM
On 2007-02-07 19:57, Sinue_v2 wrote:
IIRC, servers have been going down on PSU semi-often since the game released. Be it My Room server, populated/unpopulated servers... it's not like this is without precidence. The only thing suspicious is that it's happening in a short time span, and often to populated ships. It seems quite likely to me that it could very well be a hardware or software problem. Perhaps a configuration change or upgrade on Sega's end is the cause of this recent series of crashing. There's really no way to tell.

It's also not as if this is without precidence either - as PSO had several instances of ships going down (without user intervention) and comming back up randomly, not to mention the loss of the US login which stayed down for 2+ weeks one time.

DAMN DUDE!!!!!! you know everything!!!!!!!!!! lol
By the way, is the pso world server 7 or 15?

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 8, 2007, 01:45 AM
Anybody know? Any ideas?........

Deja
Feb 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
Well from my topic, I suspect hackers. Some people think hackers couldn't possibly do this, they are just blind. I mean, they've totally screwed this game, so FSOD'ing universes seems like the next step up in hackerdom. I read some hacker got mad cause he got banned, so is now trying his best to pump in srank weapons to get others banned. Now he probably has taken it a step further.

But that is the paranoid side of me. It is either hackers, or REALLY bad server problems. But, only 2 stars in a universe and it gets taken down, I think someone is targeting the universe with the most stars.

Either way, it is ruining the PSU experience for many. This is getting really bad. First meseta, then sranks, now they can take down universes? Only thing unchecked that PSO had checked is character corruption...

Weakness
Feb 8, 2007, 02:05 AM
On 2007-02-07 22:53, Deja wrote:
Well from my topic, I suspect hackers. Some people think hackers couldn't possibly do this, they are just blind. I mean, they've totally screwed this game, so FSOD'ing universes seems like the next step up in hackerdom. I read some hacker got mad cause he got banned, so is now trying his best to pump in srank weapons to get others banned. Now he probably has taken it a step further.

But that is the paranoid side of me. It is either hackers, or REALLY bad server problems. But, only 2 stars in a universe and it gets taken down, I think someone is targeting the universe with the most stars.

Either way, it is ruining the PSU experience for many. This is getting really bad. First meseta, then sranks, now they can take down universes? Only thing unchecked that PSO had checked is character corruption...

Do you realize how much effort it would take to purposely crash a server? On top of that how much harder it would be to take down specific servers instead of the entire PSU system?

If this indeed was some kind of attack (DDoS seems like the most simple, but it shouldn't cause server crashes) it would take more then one person to do. Something on the scale of multiple server crashes in the past couple of days would take a good network a people, a decent amount of zombie computers, and knowledge of how Sega/Sonic Team has their server system set up.

Anyone who honestly believes this to be the work of hackers is just short a tin foil hat...

Just wait patiently and I am sure Sega will make a public announcement on the main web page about what is happening.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:07 AM
On 2007-02-07 22:45, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE SERVERS?

I HAVE NO IDEA! I JUST SENT AN E-MAIL TO JUAN ASKING THIS VERY QUESTION!

...am I doin' it right?

Weakness
Feb 8, 2007, 02:09 AM
On 2007-02-07 23:07, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-02-07 22:45, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:
WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE SERVERS?

I HAVE NO IDEA! I JUST SENT AN E-MAIL TO JUAN ASKING THIS VERY QUESTION!

...am I doin' it right?

U FORGOT TO USE THE 1337 H4X0R SPEECH

Deja
Feb 8, 2007, 02:10 AM
Well, I'm just saying, it happened on PSO so don't rule out it happening on here. Sega learned nothing about security from PSO to PSU. I mean, max meseta, Sranks, etc. And also Uni 15 dropping with 2 stars. Very suspicious. They see whatever has the most stars and go after it.

And like hell Sega will post what is going on. That's the last thing that'll happen. They'll fix a worthwhile fun glitch before they do something right.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:11 AM
On 2007-02-07 23:10, Deja wrote:
Well, I'm just saying, it happened on PSO so don't rule out it happening on here. Sega learned nothing about security from PSO to PSU. I mean, max meseta, Sranks, etc. And also Uni 15 dropping with 2 stars. Very suspicious. They see whatever has the most stars and go after it.

And like hell Sega will post what is going on. That's the last thing that'll happen. They'll fix a worthwhile fun glitch before they do something right.

Yeah, the next thing they will "fix" is the "Abandon Mission" option when the trial is cleared and close all the exit portals except the "Exit Area" one.

Wait. Oh god. ST's spies have just seen this idea and will implement it soo! Nuuuu!!! T_T

Weakness
Feb 8, 2007, 02:13 AM
On 2007-02-07 23:10, Deja wrote:

*Hands Deja a hat made of foil*

Think you might be needing this.

Ryogen
Feb 8, 2007, 02:17 AM
I dout it's hackers.

DarkSeph
Feb 8, 2007, 02:25 AM
.....AHEM......

There are currently issues world wide due to hacking activity.......this is in effect cauzing trouble with internet connections/websites, etc world wide......

...there...that's your news update

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:32 AM
On 2007-02-07 23:25, DarkSeph wrote:
.....AHEM......

There are currently issues world wide due to hacking activity.......this is in effect cauzing trouble with internet connections/websites, etc world wide......

...there...that's your news update

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/02/06/internet.attacks.ap/index.html

Deja
Feb 8, 2007, 02:51 AM
From what I know, WoW isn't getting this problem, and Xbox360 is doing fine. Why is it just our server?

That story of the major hacking ain't it. If this doesn't stop after tonights update, something is fishy.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-02-07 23:51, Deja wrote:
From what I know, WoW isn't getting this problem, and Xbox360 is doing fine. Why is it just our server?

That story of the major hacking ain't it. If this doesn't stop after tonights update, something is fishy.

Alpha left PSU for reasons unspecified. All he said was he quits since his subscription is up today.

Oye this sucks.

Because of the recent universe crashes, he probably won't be the only one not renewing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

xRei
Feb 8, 2007, 02:58 AM
wow... You guys have a real crappy deal going on, I mean what's the worst that's been going on in the 360 servers? That synth board glitch?! I mean, that can't even really be considered all that bad at all compaired to what I'm reading... Well, I hope you guys can all get back to normality asap.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 03:03 AM
On 2007-02-07 23:58, xRei wrote:
I hope you guys can all get back to normality asap.

President Harding beat you by about 80 years... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

hallothar
Feb 8, 2007, 05:26 AM
sega is mad that you havent gotten a 360 so you can purchase their shitty new sonic game that broke my heart T_T (jk >>)

CloudYiMPULSE
Feb 8, 2007, 05:52 AM
So it's officially hackers?

Vhex
Feb 8, 2007, 08:43 AM

Pssst, its Universe 19. >.>

Vhex
Feb 8, 2007, 08:49 AM
I really think it is Sega is doing this, but why they left us users in the blue about it is beyond me. Maybe because we weren't born in Japan.

Tahldon
Feb 8, 2007, 09:38 AM
On 2007-02-08 05:49, Vhex wrote:
Maybe because we weren't born in Japan.

Why's it always come to this?

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-02-08 06:38, Tahldon wrote:

Because it is true?

Axel3792
Feb 8, 2007, 09:46 AM

Because it's true.

Tahldon
Feb 8, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-02-08 06:46, Axel3792 wrote:

Because it's true.

On 2007-02-08 06:44, Sychosis wrote:

Because it is true?

*sigh*

Axel3792
Feb 8, 2007, 09:55 AM
Because it is true?

Because it's true.

Hahaha

Almalexia
Feb 8, 2007, 09:56 AM
There IS a possibilty that it is a DDoS attack(Direct Denial of Service)but again more than one person would have to do it. I'm not going to speculate on the hacking knowledge of the known PSO/PSU hackers, but it does seem like something that far too 'extreme' for them.

BUT what a minute folks! Remember RSOD and Lobby killing, ybye bye Vega and Denab anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I am seriously considering the purchase of the 360. I would like to play Oblivion anyway without having to pay 1200$ for a new computer that can have PCI-e cards.

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-02-08 06:55, Axel3792 wrote:

Because it is true?

Because it's true.

Hahaha

Well it is >.>

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 10:01 AM
On 2007-02-08 06:56, Almalexia wrote:
There IS a possibilty that it is a DDoS attack(Direct Denial of Service)but again more than one person would have to do it. I'm not going to speculate on the hacking knowledge of the known PSO/PSU hackers, but it does seem like something that far too 'extreme' for them.

BUT what a minute folks! Remember RSOD and Lobby killing, ybye bye Vega and Denab anyone? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I am seriously considering the purchase of the 360. I would like to play Oblivion anyway without having to pay 1200$ for a new computer that can have PCI-e cards.

People seem to forget that even script kiddies were taking down lobbys in PSO. With unreleased weapons not auto-disconnecting or auto-banning, I wonder just how bassackwards SEGA's security really is...

But YOU, playing 360? After that...discussion we had on the official forums? I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself...

PMB960
Feb 8, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-02-08 06:56, Almalexia wrote:

Remember though PSO was much more popular than PSU. My question is if they are going to take the time and effort to crash a server why not do it for a more populated game or something else that is equally important. Why would anyone bother trying this when PSU has a population of a couple thousand. It is probably just some hardware/software problem they are having where the servers can't hold more than a couple hundred people for any length of time.

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 10:15 AM
Why?

Why would they bother flooding the economy of such a small game? Why bother releasing S-ranks? Why walk through walls? Why dupe?

Why?

Because they can. The types of people who would try something like this are the same ones who have formed some sort of pseudo-religion/e-peen contest hybrid of following Phantasy Star around and ruining it. They get off on pretending to be hackers by "hacking" some of the arguably easiest to bypass security in online gaming.

Really, has anyone outside the small PS community ever heard of Broomop? TMG? IG? Hells no. They're posers plain and simple.

Sorry for the mini rant. This whole situation has me kinda pissed.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 8, 2007, 10:21 AM
On 2007-02-07 17:00, omegapirate2k wrote:

Pff, the amount of young female newmans on the 360 servers is ridiculous, they need to balance the population anyway.

nah, instead of killing the lolis, it would just be better to make them skip to the age of at least 17 or so.

Callous
Feb 8, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-02-08 07:15, Sychosis wrote:Sorry for the mini rant. This whole situation has me kinda pissed.
And that is exactly what they're after.

Sychosis
Feb 8, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well I'm not pissed directly about whatever goings on there are, rather I'm pissed that fellow fans of PSU are being forced into early retirement or leaving friends, or retreating into close knit impenetrable cliques that not many can join.

Burns me up really...

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
Well, Uni15 has 2 full stars and 1 outline of a 3rd.

No other uni has even 1 full star... c'mon SEGA... what the hell are you doing?!

Tengoku
Feb 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
So, it looks like it's hackers... just not our hackers? So, does that make those who claimed the meseta-dupers were to blame right? Or is it those who blamed hardware/ software?

This whole situtation makes me laugh. The servers are way more stable for this game than they were for WoW when WoW came out. That game was almost unplayable for weeks on some servers.

This is nothing to those that have seen real outages. The panic makes me laugh and sigh at the same time. Sad that we're such a spoiled society that not being able to play a game (a game!) makes people stamp their feet and scream. Laughter at the "chicken little" reaction and for the claims to "Never play again" for the same event.

Me? I went to the library during the outages. Funny thing was... their computers were down as well! HA! Haxxorz FTW!

Shoegaze
Feb 8, 2007, 07:12 PM
Sadly, I think this game is broken. If this problem isn't fixed by tomorrow, I'm going to call it quits. It's not worth $15.00 a month to play a game with the constant risk of being booted hanging over our heads. Very poor quality control on Sega's part. The only solution I see at this point is to simply isolate all PC users, and possibly move the PS2 players over with the X-box. Harsh for legit PC users, but it's a business decision at this point. Loose 90% of your monthly fees, or 50%. Even that wouldn't work though, as PS2 players are swimming in hacked meseta... it would ruin the economy on the X-Box side.

There is a lesson here. Sega should never EVER make a PC game ever again. They're terrible at it.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 8, 2007, 09:33 PM
I don't know why some people think 2 IT Network persons can somehow miracalously maintain "perfect" operation of several servers, or much less constantly defend them against a group of possibly 6 - 8 or more script-kiddie "hackers" that are/were making a concentrated effort to overload 3 of the servers with repeated DDoS attacks.

If 8 bullies are throwing rocks at 1 computer nerd, and all the nerd has for defense is a little line paper notebook. Exactly "how" is he supposed to defend himself from getting hurt if not given the proper means, funds or resources to?

It's too bad that Sega of Japan doesn't want to give the nerd (Sega of America IT Game Server Div) a frickin "suit of steel armor" (i.e. expensive high-level Server Firewall Security or somesuch) to defend against the 8 well-armed bulllies/jack-asses.

Yeah sometime the situation sucks, but there's no need to keep beating the dead horse once you've already shot him.

The game is not "broken", the IT game server div's limted budget (of what's allocated to it), very limted no. of IT ppl (there are *not* 30 IT people maintaining the servers),
and GameGuard's own inafficient ability thats made of "broken".

It's really not easy to defend against chunks of concrete thrown at you when all one has is a paper notebook. You know what I mean? *sigh*...

LordJoe
Feb 8, 2007, 09:34 PM
15 a month!!!! o.o i thought i was paying $10 a month *quickly navigates to Billing Site* nope we are all still paying $10 a month. *relief*

ShadowDragon28
Feb 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
Did the ones that wrote Windoze Millinium Super-hyper Buggy edition write Game Guard and Xtrap?

I feel bad for the 2-3 IT ppl at Sega of America, they must be scrambling to save the PSU servers that have been crashed, and keep the rest functioning normally; and attempt to restore the others. The poor guys stress level must be through the roof. Damn....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DarkDeception
Feb 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-02-08 18:47, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Did the ones that wrote Windoze Millinium Super-hyper Buggy edition write Game Guard and Xtrap?

I feel bad for the 2-3 IT ppl at Sega of America, they must be scrambling to save the PSU servers that have been crashed, and keep the rest functioning normally; and attempt to restore the others. The poor guys stress level must be through the roof. Damn....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's so true they must be running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Mattardo
Feb 8, 2007, 10:47 PM
Let's go give em a hand. Who's in? ROAD TRIP!

Alexh667
Feb 8, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-02-08 19:47, Mattardo wrote:
Let's go give em a hand. Who's in? ROAD TRIP!

lol quoted because it reminded my of tonight's episode of Scrubs.

Arigan
Feb 8, 2007, 11:04 PM
ya know, its kind of sad but it wouldn't be at all hard for me to head up to San Francisco and check out sega's NA HQ. . . . I've also got a friend going to college up there who also plays. . . maybe I will next time I head up.

RS
Feb 8, 2007, 11:21 PM
Yea, tell that guy to stop tripin' over the power cord, were playing a game here. and say hello to Juan for me thanks.

zanotam
Feb 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
now everyone is in my beloved uni 15. Why, must they defile the one last thing i had? WHY?!?!?

Alexh667
Feb 8, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-02-08 20:38, zanotam wrote:
now everyone is in my beloved uni 15. Why, must they defile the one last thing i had? WHY?!?!?

15? I think you'd better look again...uni7 had 4 stars a couple minutes ago and uni15 doesn't even have one.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 8, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-02-08 20:38, zanotam wrote:

It is obvious. Because you quit.

CelestialBlade
Feb 9, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-02-08 18:33, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I don't know why some people think 2 IT Network persons can somehow miracalously maintain "perfect" operation of several servers, or much less constantly defend them against a group of possibly 6 - 8 or more script-kiddie "hackers" that are/were making a concentrated effort to overload 3 of the servers with repeated DDoS attacks.

If 8 bullies are throwing rocks at 1 computer nerd, and all the nerd has for defense is a little line paper notebook. Exactly "how" is he supposed to defend himself from getting hurt if not given the proper means, funds or resources to?

It's too bad that Sega of Japan doesn't want to give the nerd (Sega of America IT Game Server Div) a frickin "suit of steel armor" (i.e. expensive high-level Server Firewall Security or somesuch) to defend against the 8 well-armed bulllies/jack-asses.

Yeah sometime the situation sucks, but there's no need to keep beating the dead horse once you've already shot him.

The game is not "broken", the IT game server div's limted budget (of what's allocated to it), very limted no. of IT ppl (there are *not* 30 IT people maintaining the servers),
and GameGuard's own inafficient ability thats made of "broken".

It's really not easy to defend against chunks of concrete thrown at you when all one has is a paper notebook. You know what I mean? *sigh*...

Quote for truth. Though I still don't understand why every single problem is instantly a hacker problem. Anything for the easy scapegoat I guess....it's like blaming everything on politicians, or mexicans. Or hell, even Poland.

I'm really kinda disappointed that this many people are crying and throwing things and quitting a game they looked forward to for an entire year because of not even two days of shaky servers. It's like you've never played an MMO before, this shit happens all the damn time. Up until now we've yet to sustain a *single crash* but nobody seems to notice the positives anymore. You can go to the 360 servers all you want but I'm sure you'll find stuff to complain about there too, and I'm sure the servers there are far from perfect as well. If I'm not mistaken, the 360 version had its share of problems when the game first launched and us PC/PS2 folk were all laughing at them, so no platform is likely safe.

Go work for a major game corporation that has been more than successful for years upon years now and then tell me problems like these are instantly repaired. Probability states you're going to find the same problems in any other game by any other game developer. Cool down, folks.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 9, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-02-08 07:15, Sychosis wrote:
Really, has anyone outside the small PS community ever heard of Broomop? TMG? IG? Hells no. They're posers plain and simple.

yuuuuuuuup, you're right

nooblet
Feb 9, 2007, 09:11 PM
i think everyones mad because isnt this the kind of crap that our monthly fee supposed to prevent? Everyone keeps saying the monthly fee is to maintain the servers but looks like sega is spending on it on something else....

LoserMaster
Feb 9, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-02-09 18:11, nooblet wrote:
i think everyones mad because isnt this the kind of crap that our monthly fee supposed to prevent? Everyone keeps saying the monthly fee is to maintain the servers but looks like sega is spending on it on something else....

Hey, it takes a lot of booze to do that kind of job.

necman
Feb 10, 2007, 12:44 PM
Parania flows quickly around here. It's not some crazed hacker who got baned and wants revenge. I'm sure they would go to a more populated version of the game. Your on a low budget server from a not so popular game from a company which is understaffed and overworked. Not to mention the the only disconects I have goten so far have been 057 disconects. The code means THE bearer(which is you) capability is not authorized). They probably have a virus or a corrupt file. Have some patients. It may help you more.