PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cannon, Grenade Launcher, and Rifle Ultimate PAs

Sephlock
Feb 8, 2007, 04:08 AM
Anyone with access to the JP version know if they're worth it?

For example: How drastically is the blast radius reduced with the ultimate Grenade Launcher PA?

Does "instant" freeze mean guaranteed freeze, or what?

If it does, I forsee Fortegunners being in high demand for Bruce Runs. BAD BIL DE VEARS, BAD! SIT! STAY!

Is the Laser Cannon ultimate PA the incredible crowd control engine that I imagine it to be? (OMG a Fortegunner actually able to solo? SAY IT AIN'T SO!... on second thought, SAY ITS SO! SAY IT! PLZ PLZ!)

How often does the ultimate Rifle PA insta-kill it's target? Is the percentage affected by any of the target's attributes? If so, which ones?

Are these PAs harder to level up than normal PAs? If so, how much so?

And how much more ridiculously powerful are Fortefighters going to become?

Nani-chan
Feb 8, 2007, 04:18 AM
The Rifle PA Killer Shot is in several pages in the Ranger Guide. Itsuki even has a few movies showing how good it is on enemies wih low STA (Robots).

videos starting around page 45

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=120501&forum=22&start=660

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-02-08 02:13 ]</font>

imfanboy
Feb 8, 2007, 04:26 AM
I'm going to be trying out the laser cannon PA - I've got enough PA frags, and little enough interest in most of the ult PAs, to afford to play around.

RandomTask
Feb 8, 2007, 04:58 AM
Last time I checked, Fortegunner could already solo S ranks using lv4 virus/burn. For the Ultimate PA's, I've heard that the GL does indeed always freeze but I think it's only a LV1 effect so it doesn't last long. I'm all about the new rifle shot for taking out high level bots.

Deja
Feb 8, 2007, 04:59 AM
Megiverse (some weird hp drain thing), and Nosmegid (not really sure, you might have a chance with it though)

Nani-chan
Feb 8, 2007, 05:08 AM
On 2007-02-08 01:59, Deja wrote:
Megiverse (some weird hp drain thing), and Nosmegid (not really sure, you might have a chance with it though)

That's off topic, Fortegunners can't use those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 11:21 AM
I only plan to get the Rifle PA. I think it caps at status 4 which means we can one-shot sub bosses. I think. I may be wrong...

But I don't care. I know exactly where to level it to 21 and find out friday morning! ^_^

As for Laser and GL PA's? Bah, is all I say. I love my Ice GL round and ultimate freeze just sounds too broken for my tastes. I also yave to level Nosudiga and use delicious exploits with it and solo mobs I shouldn't be trying to solo. XD

Turambar
Feb 8, 2007, 12:08 PM
Getting the Rifle PA, then spamming Groves. lvling that up while attempting to get the deghanna cannon. 2 birds with one stone is always nice.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 8, 2007, 12:21 PM
you would think leveling up the ultimate rifle PA would be the same as others, but let's think. It's leveled by how many hits, the ultimate PA probably needs more hits to level... and the rifle can insta-kill, meaning you'll probably be doing less hits than usual per run. Just my observation

THE JACKEL

Turambar
Feb 8, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, that is one of the more problematic points of the Megid shot. Most would use it with 3* yohmei rifles to cut down on the PP Cube cost, but this would in turn deal very little damage, making the bullet lv very slowly. Of course, this is assuming this art is also damage based. It could be kill based (I wish)....but I suppose thats highly unlikely......

Kuya
Feb 8, 2007, 12:47 PM
I think some pointed out that leveling is HIT based even with AoE techs/skills. So as long as your accuracy is high enough, C rifles should be more than enough to cut down on leveling costs.

Turambar
Feb 8, 2007, 12:52 PM
Mmm, not sure about other weapons, but withen it comes to rifles at anyrate, its damage based for the 7 ele shots.

Itsuki
Feb 8, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-02-08 09:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
you would think leveling up the ultimate rifle PA would be the same as others, but let's think. It's leveled by how many hits, the ultimate PA probably needs more hits to level... and the rifle can insta-kill, meaning you'll probably be doing less hits than usual per run. Just my observation

THE JACKEL

You forgot to add the fact that its 3x the PP. Mmmm~ 48 PP a shot~

Golto
Feb 8, 2007, 02:01 PM
I'm glad I have 6 falghohs +5 to +7 so it will be costly to lvl killer shot but I should last awhile w/o recharging. Lvling bullets is based on number of hits not damage done. Same with all dmg pas.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-02-08 11:01, Golto wrote:
I'm glad I have 6 falghohs +5 to +7 so it will be costly to lvl killer shot but I should last awhile w/o recharging. Lvling bullets is based on number of hits not damage done. Same with all dmg pas.

Solo Valley of Carnage S with Killer Shot, Falgohohs, and have fun in b2. Make sure to make it a potential Jaggo map to get the most buffed Vanda Merha in b2.

They are immune to status effects, and I think they are immune to death. I'll know soon when I level Killer Shot on them tomorrow. <3

Itsuki
Feb 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-02-08 11:03, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Solo Valley of Carnage S with Killer Shot, Falgohohs, and have fun in b2. Make sure to make it a potential Jaggo map to get the most buffed Vanda Merha in b2.

They are immune to status effects, and I think they are immune to death. I'll know soon when I level Killer Shot on them tomorrow. <3

The Go Vahra leader people use to level bullets is immune to death, which means its afkable.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 02:10 PM
On 2007-02-08 11:05, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-02-08 11:03, Garnet_Moon wrote:

The Go Vahra leader people use to level bullets is immune to death, which means its afkable.

Well, true, but there isn't a convenient PP station by those bastards who heal themselves for easy levels and the PP drain on leveling this will suck. I've tried those guys and dumping so much on PP charges hurts, especially when you can only have 10 at a time. :

Rashiid
Feb 8, 2007, 02:49 PM
im guessing these bullets are neutral (green) ?

or do they hav odd colors?

GoldenFalcon
Feb 8, 2007, 04:45 PM
All the ultimate bullets are green I assume, since Killer Shot is green in the video. I still hoped that it was the fuzzy faded-out purple that endrum people and the vol brothers use.
The only one I would think that isn't green would be the grenade launcher PA, since it freezes.

Gen2000
Feb 8, 2007, 06:36 PM
Is the Laser Cannon ultimate PA the incredible crowd control engine that I imagine it to be? (OMG a Fortegunner actually able to solo? SAY IT AIN'T SO!... on second thought, SAY ITS SO! SAY IT! PLZ PLZ!)

Eh I don't know about you but Fortegunners has always been able to solo...what with the SE4 DoTs, lv.21+ Freeze+Virus Xbow, and Grenade Launcher combined with all the "sweetspots" to stand in mission maps to attack mobs safely they managed just fine so far. The new PAs such will just make doing so even easier.

From the other UltPA thread, the Grenade Launcher PA is only SE1 so even if it instant-freezes the moment someone breathes on the enemy they're broken so party wise it may suck but could be awesome for solo and since it uses alot of PP you will probably need about 5(10?!) GLs to make it spam worthy since the normal Grenade Launcher PAs already drains PP pretty fast even on Cast fGs.

As for using Resta Go Vahra to powerlevel Killer Shot but dreading the lack of recharge cube, if you managed to put in some effort in reading maps and fighting seriously for a while you can use the one in Plains Overlord S instead of Mad Creatures S. Basically get the type of map that results in Go Vahra + Leader/Resta'ing Go Vahra mob in B3 but skip them and kill everything else to unlock the door with the recharge cube, afterwards come back and proceed to spam KS leveling there.

I think I'll just level mine up via robot missions (mostly GoF S) personally since leveling Rifles is so slow I may as well be playing an enjoyable mission while doing so.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 07:44 PM
I'm going to try to get a few Falgohoh +10's tonight.

Delicious Yohmei Corp. PP regen? Check.
Decent attack power? Check. (541 atc)
High amount of ammo? Check. (1698 pp)

Wish me luck! D:<

Rashiid
Feb 8, 2007, 08:19 PM
good luck man! as much as u hate 360 users, i see sum good in u!

Deja
Feb 8, 2007, 09:37 PM
I luckily got two Falgohoh's to +10, and yes they are nice and juicy. Once another 3* luck day comes I'm going for 6 to fill the palette.

Yes, I'm on the hacked up PS2 version.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-02-08 18:37, Deja wrote:
I luckily got two Falgohoh's to +10, and yes they are nice and juicy. Once another 3* luck day comes I'm going for 6 to fill the palette.

Yes, I'm on the hacked up PS2 version.

I got 8 to +5. The other 22 I tried broke at random grinds. :

Carbinne
Feb 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
I'm gonna take all my old C rank rifles that I used in the ol' days and see if I can nail those suckers in Suckura Temple often enough to make a difference. Hate those blue bots, hate hate hate...