PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Extra Mode?

Gothica
Feb 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
Errr...from my understanding this is like playing the Network Mode with out the network. And it is like playing the story mode with out emo Ethan. Do you have to be at a certain level to play it? (When I push the start button it takes me to Story Mode and Network Mode. There isn't a Extra Mode.) Or do I have to beat the Story Mode first? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Howard_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 10:09 AM
Im pretty sure extra mode opens when you get to chapter 7 in story mode XD

Almalexia
Feb 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
It opens at the beginning of Chapter 5. But you want to complete story mode first because there isn't much in Extra Mode the minute you unlock it..

Axel3792
Feb 8, 2007, 10:17 AM
It opens after chapter 4, but everthing is unlocked after you beat the story mode.

Extra mode sucks though. There is virtually nothing in it.

Gothica
Feb 8, 2007, 10:19 AM
So I actually have to put up with Ethan? /sigh

Can't I just kill him or something?

Almalexia
Feb 8, 2007, 10:21 AM
To elaborate on that, Extra does not have the clothes that we have online. You can lvl PA's/techs/bullets to 30 and they are insanely stronger but that's about it. The S ranks in extra mode are not the S ranks in online. Worse of all is the PP regeneration. My god LOL. Think of Extra mode as an insurance policy, like something happens to your connection and you just have to kick some Ollaka ass or something.

Gothica
Feb 8, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yea pretty much what I plan to use it for. I can't stand story mode for two reasons. Ethan's way to emo for my liking plus his cloths make him kinda look...err...yea...Like seriously a guy showing off his belly botton isn't sexy. Sorry Parn. =P And secondly the CS's are sooo long. I could bake two dozen cookies inbetween some of the CS's. --; Well unless they require you to keep pushing a button to get it moving.

Tiyr
Feb 8, 2007, 10:31 AM
You can skip all of the cutscenes that're voiced. The text parts...meh...it's like some of the more tedious parts of FF7, having to push the button eighty times...

But annoying as Ethan is, some of the missions are more interesting than what we have now. I wouldn't mind getting the fire / ice seed purge missions online, frankly.

Howard_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 10:35 AM
They need to bring the extra mode lvls online !!!
Mad creatures is soooo much better in extra mode than the online version as are a lot of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Akaimizu
Feb 8, 2007, 10:47 AM
Not necessarily. Extra Mode is pretty limited when it comes to level content. That is, extra mode only has 1 single difficulty level for each level it has. So there is no version of Mad Creatures other than the C version. I don't believe I ever saw a Go Vahra in Mad Creatures Offline. Online has some pretty nifty monster mixes for certain levels you can't get offline.

Howard_Moon
Feb 8, 2007, 10:51 AM
On 2007-02-08 07:47, Akaimizu wrote:
Not necessarily. Extra Mode is pretty limited when it comes to level content. That is, extra mode only has 1 single difficulty level for each level it has. So there is no version of Mad Creatures other than the C version. I don't believe I ever saw a Go Vahra in Mad Creatures Offline. Online has some pretty nifty monster mixes for certain levels you can't get offline.

Yeah i meant the lvls themselves not the content in the levels...They are just 100x better looking visually..

OdinTyler
Feb 8, 2007, 11:22 AM
Extra Mode has some content but clearly, online has much more. If anything, Extra's a good practice for building your char online. Its also good in case you make mistakes, you can always reset. Online, when something's done, its done. Those that synth items can attest.