PDA

View Full Version : Flood of New Players in April?

Tengoku
Feb 8, 2007, 05:18 PM
With the Gamecube servers down for good in April, are we going to see a flood of new PSU plyers on the PS2/PC/360 servers?

Anyone with a finger on the pulse of the other communities hear anything?

Morwen
Feb 8, 2007, 05:25 PM
I don't know...really with all the negative feed back that GC players might be receiving I.e. (hackers server crashes, Japan getting every thing like 2 months ahead of us) Coming to PSU might not seem to fun…IF that’s what they are in fact hearing. How ever they just might go to PSOBB so, you know I guess we will see. To be truthful…I enjoy our tight nit community, but new blood is always welcomed (I guess)

Akaimizu
Feb 8, 2007, 05:41 PM
Not sure. Die Hard PSO players are Die Hard PSO players. I think it's too tough to tell what direction they go, with it. One of the distinct nice advantages to the GC/XBOX versions is the ability to play offline and on a split screen. The ones with the ability to pal around the same machine, might continue to do so.

Still. I welcome new players, as long as they're reasonably civil. Player numbers do keep a game alive, so I wouldn't mind the surge.

Ryna
Feb 8, 2007, 05:44 PM
At this point, there is only a small population of dedicated English players on the Gamecube servers. I imagine that if most of them were interested in playing PSU, they would have picked it up by now. In any event, there just aren't enough people left on the Gamecube servers to create a large "surge".

CelestialBlade
Feb 8, 2007, 06:08 PM
I don't forsee a mass influx here. If they're still playing PSO, they probably have a reason for that.

McLaughlin
Feb 8, 2007, 06:23 PM
Not to mention the PSOX servers aren't going down. Not that there are many players left to begin with, but they'll still be there.

Almalexia
Feb 8, 2007, 06:30 PM
The fate of PSO Episode I and II is almost depressing.. it was like THE PSO of PSOs. . . but as Ryna said, there isn't many left. A few weeks ago I visited the sega servers, and there was roughly - not counting myself- 6 people on the US ship and 45 people for JP. All the rest have migrated to private servers and I can assure you they aren't coming over to PSU.

We will have a surge of players come tommorow though.