PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

rbf2000
Dec 2, 2002, 02:46 AM
Well, a rant about thanksgiving is probably not that original, but here it goes anyways.

So, wednesday night, I had to work until 10pm, but I didn't finish picking the beans until 11:15, apperantly, we had to pick a whole bunch for thanksgiving, or something.

So I had to drive up to my step-mom's place up in PA, which is supposed to be a 4 hour drive, but I managed to do it in a mere 8 hours.

You see, there was this little turn that I was supposed to take, and I sort of went 150 miles before I realized that I missed it and I turned around. So that's 300 miles that I went that I didn't have to go. But it was OK because on the way back from that 150 mile journey, I was averaging around 100mph, topping out at 115.

So, about 30 minutes before daybreak (keep in mind, I've been driving since 11:15pm, and it is now 6:30am) I get a flat tire. That was fun.

So I pulled over and changed the tire, and of course, I have one of those little spares, so I can only go 50mph for the rest of the trip, which was about 2 hours.

And on top of all that the turkey was dry, and the gravy wasn't that good.

Oh yea, and I left later that night, (it was only a 4 hour drive on the way back, just like it should have been on the way up) because I had to be at work the next day (black friday) at 6:30 am.

BTW, working in retail sucks.

ABDUR101
Dec 2, 2002, 03:03 AM
...let me be the first, to wish you a Merry Christmas.

*tries to contain laughs*

=X

You should have had an outburst at the table, something about 300 miles, flat tire, wrong turn, all for crap turkey and gravy. XD

FinalMasterM
Dec 2, 2002, 03:04 AM
My only complaint is my f'ing stuck up cousin whom walked into the boys room (at my granparents house) where me and a friend were playing PSO (we had already ate, since we got there an hour before everyone else) and had the nerve to look at me and say "Aren't you ever gonna stop playing video games?". This coming from a girl who's had sex since 16, done drugs since then also, and has a worthless boyfriend whom she is marrying this summer.

Ness
Dec 2, 2002, 07:21 AM
My Thanksgiving was pretty good. The turkey and ham were good and I had the chance to have a political debate with my aunt.