PDA

View Full Version : So what if a guy shows up to your room with no meesta?

pionear
Feb 9, 2007, 02:23 AM
The other day, a guy came to my shop. Sometimes, I like to check the player stats, and this had '0' meesta on him.

I ask him why he would come to a shop if he didn't have any $$$ on him, and he said he was just looking.

Was he a hacker? And should I be concerned about this?

R2D6battlebot
Feb 9, 2007, 02:26 AM
no, ive gone to plenty of rooms just to look around and see what people had. I usually carry money on me in case of a bargain, but i wouldnt worry about it, looking around for things to buy is called 'shopping'

Phetty
Feb 9, 2007, 02:27 AM
I boot them. Ill even boot them if they have really bad gear for thier level. Like the level 70 I saw today using an Ulrod.

Proff
Feb 9, 2007, 02:29 AM
Paranoid?

February
Feb 9, 2007, 02:34 AM
I often brows shops just to see how much the going rate for certain items are. Does that mean I'm a hacker?

Phetty
Feb 9, 2007, 02:34 AM
No just making sure they never join my parties. I usually like to have people in my party that know what they are doing. Thats why I never play in Uni 1-5.

Pengfishh
Feb 9, 2007, 02:48 AM
So you play with yourself?

Skids
Feb 9, 2007, 02:52 AM
Don't worry pionear. Odds are he was either doing price comparison to buy or sell his own items. Nothing to worry about. I know at times I leave my money in my room when doing item searches so I don't accident buy somethign while doing price comparison.

CrabRangoon
Feb 9, 2007, 03:13 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I sometimes end up pooling all my characters money together, and if I have to be on the char that isn't holding all the cash, I still may browse player shops for something of interest, and if I find it, I sign off, get back on, head that way and pick it up. Maybe it's just me @_@

February
Feb 9, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-02-09 00:13, CrabRangoon wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I sometimes end up pooling all my characters money together, and if I have to be on the char that isn't holding all the cash, I still may browse player shops for something of interest, and if I find it, I sign off, get back on, head that way and pick it up. Maybe it's just me @_@

No, I Do that all the time. I usually put all of my cash on whatever character I played last. So if I log on to an alt, they have no noney.

Phetty
Feb 9, 2007, 03:28 AM
On 2007-02-08 23:48, Pengfishh wrote:
So you play with yourself?

No I got a party I usually play with on Uni 22. I like having a Force that actually levels thier spells, and Hunters/Rangers that grind thier weapons.

Schubalts
Feb 9, 2007, 05:31 AM
What does that have to do with checking item prices in player shops?

redcell
Feb 9, 2007, 07:06 AM
I like to window shop all the time, comparing each shop and writing down the names of the really good ones to go to. Sometimes I just forget to bring money or don't like to in case I get tempted to buy things I don't really need [for example decos and whatnot].

Yuicihi
Feb 9, 2007, 07:25 AM
My God, people are so freaking jumpy these days...
Yes, he might have been a hacker, or he might have been looking around, and stumbled upon your shop.

Not everyone's a freaking hacker.

petruseden
Feb 9, 2007, 08:24 AM
Lets scream terrorist (hacker) alot so they start regulatin' our intarwebs and we can complain later that we cant have any fun because we have too many checks, and red tape. That would be awesome! Its not as if people are not as jumpy as it is!

Someone has low gear .. HACKER
Someone has no cash .. HACKER
Someone has too much cash .. HACKER
Someone has all High level gear .. HACKER
Someone is named Tom ... HACKER
Someone is playing a CAST Fortetecher .. HACKER
Someone blows S rank for the team ... HACKER
Someone gives you a present ... HACKER
Someone makes a Hacker joke .. HACKER
Someone makes a "meme" joke ... HACKER
Someone wears pink .. HACKER!
Some guy posts as the name Petruseden .. omg.. hes so gotta be a hacker!

give it a rest...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: petruseden on 2007-02-09 05:25 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
As said before, he was either just shopping around to see how much he would have to save for item "x", or he was going through shops looking for others with item "x" so he would know the going rate to sell it in his own shop.

And as far as the level 70 with the Ulrod, probably someone trying to level techs up by using a weak rod. Cheap, and I never do it, but there are plenty who will.

necman
Feb 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
sometimes I don't have money on me when I shop. usually cause I forgot it was on the other character. Oh god I'm a hacker and I'm level 54 with a couple c weps cause I'm poor and did not get in the over priced sales game boot the lowly hacker.

MayLee
Feb 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
Maybe he was just looking. I go to player shops with hardly no money at all, just to check up on prices.

Jae
Feb 9, 2007, 11:08 AM
Price checking. I used to do it all the time.

CyarVictor
Feb 9, 2007, 11:09 AM
People, especially forces who have an ulrod still equipt may use em for buff spells, a waste to have a mayrod with nothing but buff spells. Also, they could have been training their technics with cheap rods since it is cheaper to recharge em when training. I'm only concerned when i see a low level like 30 or so with no meseta and you know they are checking your stats cause 8 out of 10 times, they will beg for meseta. Just don't pass on people with low level equipment on em till they are in a party with you, even so, high elemented weapons that are still 5-6 star can out damage A rank weapons. And again, it's a waste to have an A rank rod/wand with buff spells since the rods stats do not affect the buffs stastus bonus/duration.

Axel3792
Feb 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-02-08 23:34, Phetty wrote:
No just making sure they never join my parties. I usually like to have people in my party that know what they are doing. Thats why I never play in Uni 1-5.

That seems like a bastardly way to go. What if they can't afford the latest-greatest trick-of-the-week gear?

It's people like you that make newbies leave. Way to go.

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 12:24 PM
On 2007-02-09 08:07, MayLee wrote:
Maybe he was just looking. I go to player shops with hardly no money at all, just to check up on prices.

I do this all the time, with money, just not anywhere near enough to afford what I'm looking around for (S Hardline)

SuperRygar
Feb 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
i agree with Axel, poor judgement on your part

hyperacute
Feb 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
I'll sometimes look around shops to check prices. If I'm using my shop character, she never has any money on her (or weapons, armour or equips for that matter).

DizzyDi
Feb 9, 2007, 04:12 PM
imposter

Moo2u
Feb 10, 2007, 03:20 PM
crocodile!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2007, 06:57 PM
Uhm, shouldn't the guys with all the money be considered HAXORS, not the brokeasses?

(Alligator!) Discrimination.

DikkyRay
Feb 10, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-02-09 00:28, Phetty wrote:

On 2007-02-08 23:48, Pengfishh wrote:

Hunters/Rangers that grind thier weapons.

Wow you fucktard. Grinding is so fucking broke these days.
And WTF. You cant grind A rank weps you fuckletist.
God these are the times i wish the post ended in "OMFG IM QUITTING PSU"

KaFKa
Feb 10, 2007, 07:11 PM
... the fuh?

VanHalen
Feb 10, 2007, 07:13 PM
OMG HE"S A TOTAL HACKER!!!!

KaFKa
Feb 10, 2007, 07:20 PM
no he isnt.

he's just down on his luck

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 10, 2007, 07:22 PM
He spent all his money on the PSHO's working the corners in front of the GRM shop, or wherever they do business.

And now can only window shop like a bum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-02-10 16:23 ]</font>

VanHalen
Feb 10, 2007, 07:31 PM
in front of GRM you say(more reasons why i like that store)

pionear
Feb 16, 2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the responses.