Feb 9, 2007, 05:44 AM
so what the hell is new?

Syl
Feb 9, 2007, 05:48 AM
On 2007-02-09 02:44, Nathan Explosion declared:
NOTHIIIIING!!!

QFT (dethklok if you didn't catch that)

All we got was a new story mission...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-02-09 02:49 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Feb 9, 2007, 05:58 AM
On 2007-02-09 02:44, Nathan Explosion declared:
NOTHIIIIING!!!

on 2007-02-09 02:46, William Murderface exclaimed:

YOU MEAN I GET TO DESTROY HISTORY, WITH HISTORY!?

'chea, you can feel a Metalacolypse coming any day now...

Chris28
Feb 9, 2007, 06:45 AM
main website says there are new photon arts as well. check that?

Howard_Moon
Feb 9, 2007, 06:47 AM
On 2007-02-09 03:45, Sinow wrote:
main website says there are new photon arts as well. check that?

From the official site ..

New Online Story Mission

During the recent terrorist attack that was directed towards the GUARDIANS, word spreads about Dr. Tomrain’s kidnapping. After receiving information from a mole placed within Illuminus, the GUARDIANS have accelerated their plans to confront this dangerous group. Head out with Laia and Headmaster Nav to investigate the barren deserts and mines of Moatoob for the whereabouts of the Doctor. What exactly will they confront during this mission? They only way to find out is to play the fifth chapter in the continuing GUARDIANS saga, “Valley of Suspicion”.

New Photon Arts Delayed

Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, the 20 new photon arts that were posted in this space have been delayed until March 2nd. We here at Sega sincerely apologize about this issue and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Next Update: March 2nd

Our next update will be on March 2nd featuring one Free Mission, Two New Co-Op Missions similar to Bruce’s Dungeon, 20 new photon arts, and an Item Exchange mission.

Be sure to check out the Valentine’s Photo Day on February 14th. Our Game Masters will be on hand to take photos and give you a chance to get your digital self on our website!

Mistle22
Feb 9, 2007, 06:55 AM
Two New Co-Op Missions similar to Bruce’s Dungeon,

About time. I am really looking forward to a new challenge mission ^_^

Zorafim
Feb 9, 2007, 07:15 AM
They're making us wait two thirds of a month for what we were supposed to be getting this update and stuff that I'll never bother using? They're not even doing a big update to have us excited about the wait.

Nani-chan
Feb 9, 2007, 07:28 AM
We can now choose difficultly for online story missions; or is that old?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-02-09 04:28 ]</font>

Syl
Feb 9, 2007, 07:32 AM
Yep that was last week

McLaughlin
Feb 9, 2007, 07:34 AM
So, by "...On hand to take photos..." I'm assuming this is happening on PC/PS2. I have yet to see a GM on the 360. Unless there's nothing special about their character that denotes their status.

Yuicihi
Feb 9, 2007, 07:35 AM
Meh, I need to grind today...

LordJoe
Feb 9, 2007, 07:39 AM
thats fine they will be in soon enough (like if all we wouldnt be doing is griding like hell anyways new cap is 80) *yawns and goes back to bed*

Shoegaze
Feb 9, 2007, 08:05 AM
There isn't a single star full on any server this morning. The downward spiral of PSU on the PS2/PC continues unabaited. Wonder if they were even able to address the mulitple server crashes. Doubt it. These guys at ST couldn't organize a two car funeral.

Yuicihi
Feb 9, 2007, 08:06 AM
On 2007-02-09 05:05, Shoegaze wrote:
There isn't a single star full on any server this morning. The downward spiral of PSU on the PS2/PC continues unabaited. Wonder if they were even able to address the mulitple server crashes. Doubt it. These guys at ST couldn't organize a two car funeral.

Eh, Uni 1 always has 3-4 stars on 360.

PJ
Feb 9, 2007, 08:07 AM
People usually aren't ON in the morning.

I've noticed people on the PS2/PC servers have a LIFE. So anytime you'd IMAGINE the population to be low, it WILL be. You know, school/work, etc.

Neith
Feb 9, 2007, 08:18 AM
Unfortunately, Low Population is an understatement. The game is empty on a morning- not a good start, considering it's only been out here since October.

Sinue_v2
Feb 9, 2007, 08:21 AM
I've noticed people on the PS2/PC servers have a LIFE.

Yes, because everyone lives in your timezone and by your schedule. Some people live elsewhere in the world where it is still a decent time, and some people work 2nd/3rd shift. These people who once played PSU regularly (as well as many others) haven't been comming back or worse, have canceled their subscriptions.

PSU is dead/dying.

Weakness
Feb 9, 2007, 08:28 AM
On 2007-02-09 05:07, PJ wrote:
People usually aren't ON in the morning.

I've noticed people on the PS2/PC servers have a LIFE. So anytime you'd IMAGINE the population to be low, it WILL be. You know, school/work, etc.

I'm a night time player and the "populated universe" (universe 1, then 2, then whatever it is now) usually has at least one or two full stars. This morning not a full star on any servers (still none as of 7:30 AM CST), and I went to universe 1, 2, 3 and found about 20 total parties for the more popular missions (De Ragnus, the Neudaiz De Ragan, Agata Relics, Bruce's).

Lately I have noticed that the servers have been going way way down. Even last night, at 7 PM CST, Universe 4 had 2 full and an empty star. That is only 400-500 people on. If you count the other universes, that is maybe 750 people total. For prime time? That is pathetic.

I will look at it again tonight at prime time to see if it is up to at least a full server... but I honestly doubt it will happen.

Guess it is about time we can officially say R.I.P. to the PC/PS2 servers. Good job Sega of America, you fucked up yet another game.

-.-; Really wish I hadn't gotten that six month thing, because as soon as it expires in April I sure as hell am not staying.

Kuya
Feb 9, 2007, 08:30 AM
So enough about doom and gloom - anyone have any info on what the "Item Exchange mission" is? Any PSU JP players here to shed some light maybe? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BigSword
Feb 9, 2007, 08:35 AM
Jeez ... and I was looking forward to the new PAs too. But this just gives me a little more time to grab PA frags http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zSW1FT
Feb 9, 2007, 08:43 AM
I hate to sound morbid or gloomy but sega is engraving their own tombstone with "Fuck you US/EU" "Ps. Thx for trusting us to screw you again."

DjDragoon
Feb 9, 2007, 09:42 AM
I blame the hackers...

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
Looking at it from Sega's view, "Hey guys, the game hasn't been out a month and the US players are already complaining there isn't enough to do, and some are already quitting." Alright, we'll update more... "Hey guys they say we don't update often enough, and now there are hackers." Ok, we'll work on the hacking, and update every week... "hey guys, now they say the updates suck and the hackers are getting out of control." Well fine, screw them with the updates, we'll do it when we feel like it, let's try and handle the hackers. "Guys, more complainers, which means more hackers, and they update faster than we do." Screw these damn people, they just create problems, let's slowly kill them off and only keep JP and 360 servers.

THE JACKEL

Weakness
Feb 9, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-02-09 06:51, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Looking at it from Sega's view, "Hey guys, the game hasn't been out a month and the US players are already complaining there isn't enough to do, and some are already quitting." Alright, we'll update more... "Hey guys they say we don't update often enough, and now there are hackers." Ok, we'll work on the hacking, and update every week... "hey guys, now they say the updates suck and the hackers are getting out of control." Well fine, screw them with the updates, we'll do it when we feel like it, let's try and handle the hackers. "Guys, more complainers, which means more hackers, and they update faster than we do." Screw these damn people, they just create problems, let's slowly kill them off and only keep JP and 360 servers.

THE JACKEL

You realize the Japanese even bitched about lack of content, and pretty much everything the US did, when it came out right?

But as soon as the content started coming out in a more casual flow people calmed down, and things are okay now. The Japanese and 360 players don't have to deal with hacking/duping/meseta issues, so they went on and are somewhat happy now.

But by Sonic of America's complete incompetence about managing the US side, we just happened to bitch about it more.

You fail to realize something, we aren't to blame. This atrocity of a game rests solely on Sega's shoulders.

necman
Feb 9, 2007, 10:57 AM
yesterday there was almost 2 full servers on pc/ps2 but it kept crashing then there was less then a star almost 2 then it stayed at 2. I think they should lower the amount that can go on each server since there is no way in hell they can fill all 18 in a million years anyway.

And on the topic of updates I have not seen any thing updated that was not available in story or extra mode yet exept pa fragments which the discription is wrong. it says drop to attract enemies for a set period of time. you can not equip or drop it in any way.

Rizen
Feb 9, 2007, 11:01 AM
Just a quick question but is there a Gameguard update? I haven't been able to log in fully due to an error saying something about an ".erl". I might have been due to the server crashes...

necman
Feb 9, 2007, 11:05 AM
I hope there is no game guard update. They don't work worth a dam anyway and every time they update the thing I have to reconfigure my firewall for a half hour.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 9, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-02-09 07:27, Weakness wrote:
You fail to realize something, we aren't to blame. This atrocity of a game rests solely on Sega's shoulders.

It's so much easier to blame everything on someone else, but guess what, it is American players faults. They are the players that hack. If that's what you want to blame it on, to once again mean you did absolutely nothing, fine, but it's not completely Sega's fault.

THE JACKEL

Fearthewolf
Feb 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-02-09 09:33, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-02-09 07:27, Weakness wrote:

It's so much easier to blame everything on someone else, but guess what, it is American players faults. They are the players that hack. If that's what you want to blame it on, to once again mean you did absolutely nothing, fine, but it's not completely Sega's fault.

THE JACKEL

If I'm not mistaken, there are hackers EVERYWHERE. Also, I wonder how the hackers can do what they do and continue to do that...Oh, I know! It's the lack of security that enables this, and SEGA is in charge of the security. Let's be honest here, hackers and SEGA are at fault: the hackers for doing what they do, and SEGA for not providing good security. Blaming the American playerbase---or any playerbase for that matter---for a game company's poor design choices is silly. It may not be SEGA's fault entirely, but it is for the most part.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fearthewolf on 2007-02-09 09:47 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
there actually aren't hackers anywhere. It's really a handful that make items and distribute them, so non hackers have enough weapons and can give them away too, making you think they are a hacker, when they aren't.

THE JACKEL

Clone365
Feb 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
Yeay for updates^^

Bluepheonix
Feb 9, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well...the EU side of gaming allways get the short end of the stick....and yet im still confused no patches for the past 2 weeks, whats up with that? Do we only need patches for the layout (valentines theme etc.)
I havn't enconterd a server crash yet but theres not many people on, sega really needs to do somthing....i only just resubscibe and this is all happning, ima think abuot laving it i can't play at the time i want to.

But alass...i'll put up with it untill next week....

Shoegaze
Feb 9, 2007, 01:14 PM
Jackel - Sega is at fault here. Hackers are everywhere... you don't think that if they could hack the hell out of FFXI or WoW that they wouldn't? Of course they would, they get off on having an unfair advantage over the casual/average players. The only difference is that Blizzard and SE can actually provide a secure product, and successfully ward off unwanted hacks. It's something all online gaming companies must face as reality. In this area, ST has failed almost uniformally. We have a right to be dissatisfied about poor product security. It would be like buying a brand new car that is ripe with manufacturing defects, how would you feel about that? The company has a responsibility to address these issues, otherwise we've all just been ripped off.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 9, 2007, 02:20 PM
Meh, I could care less about the lack of stuff in this update, I've been gone for a month anyway.

A little of Off-topic, since the rant thread disappeared but I'll post my feelings here:
If there's anything to be disappointed aboot it's the slow, weak ass start of the next-gen consoles, where it's going to take a long long time for them to be worthwhile. To me There's nothing PSU can do to compared my bitterness towards the dissapointment of the next-gen console start, along with a long shitty wait for bettter games.

,I'm not bothered by the $10 fee, since that's pocket change to me. I could wait for newer games to lower in price and that can easily make up for the $10 fee,.*end*

Anywayz Back on topic, the update doesn't bother me, I could wait meesly few weeks for more stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-02-09 11:23 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Feb 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
It's a disappointment really that a bunch of hackers can dictate whether or not updates happen fully, or at all. My belief is that the instability of the PC/PS2 servers has cause the Xbox360 servers, which are quite stable, to miss out on the rest of an update we should all have recieved. so fuck the hackers for cucking up the servers and making us miss update(s).

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 02:30 PM
No real issues here, for me. I'll just happily wait for whatever comes in the next update, and keep busy with what I still have to do now.

Astarin
Feb 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
I'm somewhat amazed that people who get this angry at the game/content delays/hackers/whatever have managed to keep playing this long. I can't be the only person who actually enjoys the game for what it is. Myself, and the people I play with (friends from both RL and online), both have a lot of fun with the game, and are nowhere near bored with it yet. I played PSO for years. PSU is only just beginning.

Anyway, to get back on topic: does anyone know if the PM feeding glitch has been fixed? The one that drops you out of all the menus every... single... time... you feed it something.

Natrokos
Feb 9, 2007, 02:41 PM
We got 2 relatively large content updates in the last two weeks....I really don't see much to complain about personally.

This gives gives us more time to collect pa frags anyway.

Dark_Goru
Feb 9, 2007, 03:10 PM
if they are going to make us wait till march why not actually make it a decent update? WHERE ARE MY A GRINDER BOARDS!!!! if your not going to release more S weps release something to make my A's better!!!!

Errorrrr
Feb 9, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-02-09 10:14, Shoegaze wrote:
Jackel - Sega is at fault here. Hackers are everywhere... you don't think that if they could hack the hell out of FFXI or WoW that they wouldn't? Of course they would, they get off on having an unfair advantage over the casual/average players. The only difference is that Blizzard and SE can actually provide a secure product, and successfully ward off unwanted hacks. It's something all online gaming companies must face as reality. In this area, ST has failed almost uniformally. We have a right to be dissatisfied about poor product security. It would be like buying a brand new car that is ripe with manufacturing defects, how would you feel about that? The company has a responsibility to address these issues, otherwise we've all just been ripped off.

AAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA BS.... dude... when there are no hackers, there are RMTers rofl.... have you actually played those games?!?!?! if there are no hackers on PSU, it'd be RMTers heaven rofl... the japanese PC side of PSU doesn't have that much hackers since the japanese dont' really like to hack ... they have as much potential as the US/EU version of PSU to hack, so why are they still alive and well??

btw, if you dont' know what RMT is it stands for Real Money Trade, which means real money for virtual property. Go check FFXI and WoW, economy is all inflated because of RMT.

GreenArcher
Feb 9, 2007, 03:19 PM
When the Japanese figured out how to hack/dupe, it was patched within a few hours and the servers were rolled back.