PDA

View Full Version : What weapons would you say PSU is missing?

Ryogen
Feb 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'm trying to wonder why they didn't put a Rocket Launcher in this game. When I say Rocket Launcher I mean Halo/Lost Planet style rocket launchers. Shoot, hits target, explosion..big ones.

Sychosis
Feb 9, 2007, 11:15 AM
Slicers. The old school PS ones, not that PSO garbage.

Rizen
Feb 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
Whips. We are missing whips. Also missing Black la....nevermind. >.>

But seriously though, if we had photon whips, I would soooo get one. I'm a huge Castlevania fan so having one would be a dream for me. XD

MayLee
Feb 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
I want my Twinckle Star back. >.>

Ryogen
Feb 9, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:16, Rizen wrote:
Whips. We are missing whips. Also missing Black la....nevermind. >.>

But seriously though, if we had photon whips, I would soooo get one. I'm a huge Castlevania fan so having one would be a dream for me. XD

Sorry, it's black history month. Requesting whips.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rizen
Feb 9, 2007, 11:20 AM
Oh right right....good point...
I guess no Castlevania for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MayLee
I could do for some Photon ass whipin'.

>.>

The big robot has it why can't we? >=(

CrabRangoon
I'm just wondering if unique future weapons will simply be spin-offs of current weapons (i.e. if they did put out a rocket, it would just be a special G-launcher) or if they will actually come out with any future weapon catagories later in the game with more content releases. I figured if they did release Slicers (I cant believe they'd hold out without ever putting them in), they'd be thrown in the Card catagory, for lack of fitting anywhere else, but for all we know, they might (as they have the ability to) add more catagories down the road.
I cant say that there are any weapon-types that I think it's missing right now, but I really do hope they come out with some (hopefully rare/limited) PSO-appreciation type weapons, such as CHAIN SAWD, Lavis Cannon, etc... I mean, c'mon, if theyre going to tease with a Psycho Wand, then that surely merits more PSO weaps.

edit: did Photon Whips ever come out on PSO, or did it just continue as a rumor, as it had been for years in early stages of the game...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrabRangoon on 2007-02-09 08:22 ]</font>

Ryogen
Feb 9, 2007, 11:22 AM
I wish there was an unarmed catagory, then they can incorparate Shenmue II combos.

_Deliverance_
Feb 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
Flails. You could include whips in the same category. They need rocket launchers too though. Robot mobs in Desert Colossus mission have them, why not us?

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:39, _Deliverance_ wrote:
They need rocket launchers too though. Robot mobs in Desert Colossus mission have them, why not us?

Because it'd be uber cheap XD

XCOPY
Feb 9, 2007, 11:42 AM
I want bare-handed casting, but that's a bit off topic here...I just wanted to mention it.

They need to bring back or put in these things:
Prophets of Motav, Elysion, Sigh of a God, old style Sorceror's Cane(Gaozoran's rod is ugly), Toy Hammer, swords and sabers with real blades like Last Survivor, and that Demonic Fork.

I'd also like a ghostbuster style proton-pack gun thing....I'd want it to shoot a shakey lightning-bolt type of shot just like in the ghostbusters movie. I can never get enough of the Ghostbusters.

CyarVictor
Feb 9, 2007, 12:04 PM
Toy Hammer's coming back as an Ank type weapon, I think 11 star.

I want the good ol gibarta back so I can blast Ice spikes forward at my enemies, not some radial attack that they have now. Maybe just more of the weapons we all knew and loved on PSO

vfloresjr24
Feb 9, 2007, 12:24 PM
I want to see my katanas thats what is missing. Sure they got the agito replica sword and double saber agito. But I want the saber and twin saber versions. Oh and also that elussive photon whip.

Zorafim
Feb 9, 2007, 12:28 PM
Meleeing force weapons. Bow staffs, maces, the works. Scythes would be interesting, but not necesary. Maybe slicing poled weapons, like the partisans. None are really necesary, though, since PSU has a large enough melee repetory as it is.

Caliban_King
Feb 9, 2007, 12:30 PM
Whips could be pretty cool. Some foot blades like in Soul Calibur 3 would be nice.

ZeldaSerenade
Feb 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
On 2007-02-09 08:16, MayLee wrote:

Quoted for truth. Twinkle Star is the main weapon my Lv140 FOnewearl from PSOGC uses.

Barehanded casting owned, especially as a FOmarl.

Anyway, I think Twin Mechguns are missing from PSU's weapon list.

Ryogen
Feb 9, 2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, twin Mechguns are missing.

NDkEwL
Feb 9, 2007, 01:32 PM
Slicers are the base weapon that really should never be taken away. And, if we were going to go back to old school PSO weapons, I'd switch classes just to get my Chain Sawd, but that is too personal. We need Elysion, probably with a virus/poison, HP steal, or (going back to the real one back in PS3) auto-kill. Nei's weapons would be nice too...or even the names of the weapons before they became Nei's weapons. Like, Orakio's Sword or Meiu's Claw...or even, Siren's Cannon. Nice stuff

Tiyr
Feb 9, 2007, 01:37 PM
I agree on slicers. They were a staple of the PS games that was markedly different from other RPGs, and damn were they sweet.

I would be 10x happier to be a FighGunner if we got slicers instead of doublesabers.

AweOfShe
Feb 9, 2007, 01:53 PM
I would really like my Soul Eater and Demolition Comet back more than anything kthx -_-

RadHaz
Feb 9, 2007, 01:56 PM
I miss my Rainbow Baton.

Marik
Feb 9, 2007, 02:04 PM
I want Bazookas on my Fortegunner. Like the NUG 2000 or Gi Gue.

Phetty
Feb 9, 2007, 02:04 PM
Theres alot of weapons Id like to see added, mostly for hunters. Like hand axes and a Scythe. Id also like to see more gag weapons like a water balloon grenade launcher.

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 02:05 PM
The super nasty and crazy original Spread Needle!!! (Not being all too serious here)

You know the one that Keeels the monsters, and shoots so hard, sometimes you practically see the bullets flying back on Pioneer 2.

--------------------
On a different note:

I find it interesting for people to mention Photon Whips. I actually featured one in Tynselle Nbareh's Backstory, used by her father. It would be interesting to see them, though I can't really guess how they would be implemented. Would they simply have it as an animated saber, but have the same properties? Or would they get inventive with an unusual twist for melee? My first guess would be an animated Sabre, but also with a whip-centric animation for each of its Photon Arts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-09 11:12 ]</font>

9lotus
Feb 9, 2007, 02:34 PM
The game already has one-handed submachine guns, but a fixed-mount, belt-fed machine gun weapon would be great

a melee staff would be cool too, or a ball-and-chain weapon

zelda_king3
Feb 9, 2007, 02:53 PM
How about The Frying Pan and also The Game Magizine How bout An Wepeon class Of Books I miss The Books

Dark_Goru
Feb 9, 2007, 03:01 PM
Ive been telling people I play with in parties WE NEED Lazer Whips. The PA's on the would be sweet!!!

Greaus
Feb 9, 2007, 05:00 PM
I miss the old Heaven Punisher. Just cause it was the most rediculously over powered weapon ever!

Tahldon
Feb 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-02-09 12:01, Dark_Goru wrote:
Ive been telling people I play with in parties WE NEED Lazer Whips. The PA's on the would be sweet!!!

As I'm imaganing it, it's actually a pretty nice idea.

Photon Whips.

Serephim
Feb 9, 2007, 05:14 PM
Sorry, it's black history month. Requesting whips.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That wasnt funny, Fucking prick.

Q_Anon
Feb 9, 2007, 06:03 PM
I say slicers and whips just like everyone else and maybe slicerwhips.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Dunno how it'd work but it sounds cool. With the whipping and the swishing and good old fashioned slicer sound.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Feb 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
Nug2000 Bazooka yo!

Yasmikov shotgun! Not that shitty "shotgun" that shoots 3 bullets that do no dammage! We want the shotgun that you can see the red shotty bullets fly out of!

nooblet
Feb 9, 2007, 08:34 PM
lag is already bad enough, wouldnt it be even worest if 6 people bust out their whips and start frailing away?

Tagnut
Feb 9, 2007, 08:56 PM
I have to admit that the weapons in PSU aren't as quirky or entertaining as they were in PSO. My fave was the Heavens Punisher gun

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 9, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-02-09 11:53, zelda_king3 wrote:
How about The Frying Pan

it's in psu and so is the woke(whatever it's called)

I WANT MY

1.GUILD MILLAS
2.HEVENS PUNISHER
3.SNOW QUEEN
4.SPREED NEEDLE
This is all you need for a quick & easy solo

THE S RANKS ON PSU SUCK, only tight unique weapon is adahna cannon

NUFF SAID.

CloudYiMPULSE
Feb 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
To me... nothing... I just create whatever I need through CE

<Insert Sarcasm Here>

FIX THE HACKING!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CloudYiMPULSE on 2007-02-09 18:37 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Feb 9, 2007, 10:38 PM
Scythes. The most badass blades ever.
Maces. Pwnt.
Staffs. A weapon that could melee and cast at the same time.

Uh...I know I'm missing something, lol

CloudYiMPULSE
Feb 10, 2007, 01:22 AM
I wish Swords animation and attack worked like the original PSO. Miss that 3rd hit that had that little jump attack. And I like how it backed up the enemies a bit. Also liked the original PSO Spear/Halberd animation over the PSU one.

Yuicihi
Feb 10, 2007, 01:29 AM
Rat Flails.

Ermac
Feb 10, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-02-09 22:29, Yuicihi wrote:
Rat Flails.

that made keel over and die of laughter.

I personally think whips would rock but which jobs would have access to them?

egn56
Feb 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
i second the frying pan and the books.

Slicers, thats what is missing. I never even noticed they were gone until you guys brought it up. More force weapons, and maybe something like a two handed machine gun.

Jozon
Feb 10, 2007, 11:37 AM
I want my orotiagito!!!!!

Sekani
Feb 10, 2007, 01:27 PM
Bare-handed combat is all I care about.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 10, 2007, 01:31 PM
I want Twin Axes. Not for me personally, but that would be interesting to see. Or maybe a PA that creates a 2nd phantom Ank Barde and you dual-wield them for said PA? I just like dualies for some reason.

Or, if they want to impress me, give me Lou's SUV from story mode! >.>;

Shinzakura
Feb 10, 2007, 01:50 PM
I'd love to see more esoteric weapons, such as the nunchaku, tonfa, or escrima; chain weapons like the flail, morningstar, meteor hammer, or manriki gusari/kusari-fundo; or rope weapons such as whips, yo-yos and bolos. The best part of the latter would be that you could add new types of missions, such as "capture the rappy" or "stun but do not kill" everything in a particular mission.

Hand to hand combat, gunkata and weaponless tech casting would also rock, too.

_Deliverance_
Feb 10, 2007, 04:09 PM
GUN BLADES LOL

Jozon
Feb 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
or just give us rare knuckles that aren't huge or have photon on 'em and are just gloves

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 10, 2007, 05:02 PM
GUNLANCE.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 07:07 AM
Lavis Cannon, or Yamigarasu. That'll do me fine. =]

Kelevra
Feb 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
Weapons that dont glow with lasers and shit. I want oriatiagito, and zanba!!!

Norcel122
Feb 11, 2007, 10:15 AM
I'm just a little ticked off that how it seems like the line of guns in PSU is extremeley lacking compared to the melee style wepons in the game. It seems like every update they come out with more melee wepons and no guns. -_- It is kinda making me sad. No, it is making me sad. -_-

Thrash777
Feb 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis Lavis

ahem...

MayLee
Feb 11, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-02-09 09:37, ZeldaSerenade wrote:

On 2007-02-09 08:16, MayLee wrote:

Quoted for truth. Twinkle Star is the main weapon my Lv140 FOnewearl from PSOGC uses.

Barehanded casting owned, especially as a FOmarl.

Anyway, I think Twin Mechguns are missing from PSU's weapon list.

Oh how I missed my Twinckle star..How I lost it when my game was dissconnected..I will never forget that horrible day on PSO..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Gryffin
Feb 12, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-02-10 10:50, Shinzakura wrote:
I'd love to see more esoteric weapons, such as the nunchaku, tonfa, or escrima; chain weapons like the flail, morningstar, meteor hammer, or manriki gusari/kusari-fundo; or rope weapons such as whips, yo-yos and bolos. The best part of the latter would be that you could add new types of missions, such as "capture the rappy" or "stun but do not kill" everything in a particular mission.

Hand to hand combat, gunkata and weaponless tech casting would also rock, too.

Tonfa. Thanks for mentioning it, I haven't been on teh forumz much lately and I'm glad to see that someone else cares for the bestest weapon ever.

On a side note...anyone know where I can order metal tonfas? My oak ones are nice, but..I want more durable ones to flail wildy. Hehe

Tonfas in PSU pl0x

Neith
Feb 12, 2007, 09:36 AM
Sange & Yasha, or some more katanas (not swords with photon-lined blades)

Scythes, Nunchakus (photon ones? ;o ), Whips (there's enough bad blood in PSU already, may as well add whips in too)

They better not add a Sealed J-Sword. Really.

Katrina
Feb 12, 2007, 10:15 AM
If I had a choice, a zanpakuto tailored to be unique for each user

rvzero
Feb 13, 2007, 06:50 AM
Twin mechgun... D:

Chaingun/Vulcan/Minigun/Gattling Gun/Assault Cannon:
It'd be like the current machine gun exept it being the size of the Laser Cannon and had 10x the machineguns PP... also slightly more damage...

*dreams*
Now that would be freakin sweet........

Oh and Zanba!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rvzero on 2007-02-13 03:52 ]</font>