PDA

View Full Version : Whilst canceling my License with 360 billing

nefarious
Feb 9, 2007, 11:33 AM
I learned two things;

Even Microsoft feels that Sega should handle billing and cancellations. I don't know if offering to handle that end of things was part of getting it onto the 360 or not, but I don't think Sony has to kiss up to Sony and handle their dirty work, just to get it on ps2. But the nice lady I talked to in billing, after speaking to ohsolovely outsourced Indian tech support... seemed rather annoyed with Sega for pushing the duty onto them.

And...

The lady I talked to, apparently, was completely unaware of, in fact had never heard of, the connection issues on 360. Big surprise. I doubt too many people what to chat up the person at billing when they call to cancel.

Why did I cancel? Well, after finally getting a new router, configuring everything, and still not getting online consistently, without interrupt requests... And finally tinkering more, and putting it into the DMZ, and finally being able to consistently connect (so far) without interrupt requests... I ... didn't feel like playing. I've PSU'd myself out. And unless someone tells me that leveling up is suddenly faster... and that they upped the EXP / MP / Meseta rewards for other missions, to be competitive with the more "popular"(read: efficient) runs... I really don't think I'll change my mind...

I hit about 39 by the time the first people hit 50... and I felt like I was living on PSU.

Either you guys have way more free time than me, or I've just got a short attention span, but after I spent an entire day working to get enough money for just one laser cannon, I knew something was off. PSU was supposed to be my super casual replacement to FFXI. And I quickly realized that endgame and respectable gear would carry a pricetag equal to the amount of time I'd already sunk into FFXI. I quit FFXI cause the time over fun/progress factor wasn't there. Only to realize that past the first 30 levels, the same holds true for PSU. At least that's the way it felt to me.

I'll hold out some hope that maybe 6 months from now PSU might have changed enough to be fun again... till then, farewell, unless I see something interesting next time I check back.

P.s. Now I see why "oldbies" beat on newbies so bad sometimes. Being in from the ground up is hard. Day1 is no walk in the park with an MMO. You see alot of good, but even more bad. I dare say the first 6 months to a year of an MMO's life, it's players are more like beta testers, that get to keep their characters.

P.p.s. Spare me the "Glad you're quitting" stuff. I'm not ripping on PSU, I'm just explaining some of my main reasons for leaving, and a few things I thought might be worth sharing from my phone call with 360 billing.

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
This is unfortunate, although I understand your gripes about connection problems XD

MayLee
Feb 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
So, in order for me to Cancel my 360 GL, I have to contact SEGA Team, not Microsoft?

SuperRygar
Feb 9, 2007, 11:43 AM
i can see how that would be a problem, the time:fun ratio. i personally love the fact that there's duped meseta on the ps2 side of the universe. i can sell some stuff and have enough to buy whatever i want. and i dont go crazy and buy S, or even A rank stuff. even tho im seeking out and using duped meseta, i still use it in a respectable manner. i still synth my own weapons, im level 41 and still using all B rank stuff. im quite happy with PSU atm, even tho the number of people playing is dwindling. i went on this morning and saw 1 star, it was on Uni15 >.<

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 11:44 AM
I understand completely. I actually hit that kind of feeling before. It really all depends on how much you really think levelling is of main importance.

I used to feel pressured to keep up with friends and all, but I came to a point that if you start to burn your candle at both ends, you'll burn out. The main way to simply have fun with the game is to let go. Play it the casual way you feel like it, and group mainly to group with friends and all. If none are there, simply go solo and/or try to find new friends to group, either here or whatever.

It also helps to find understanding people who also know how to play casual as well. Just avoid any elitists (which are still not too prominent) as elitists and people trying to grow in the game, are completely not compatible people.

It's never too much fun if all of your friends simply keep pressing on real fast and never look back. When they're all in a hurry, people start to feel like they're being left behind.

What sort of caused me to let go was my own personal rebellion from the rush to the top. I came on, one day, with no other intention but to have fun. I wasn't even looking for anything in particular, that day, knowing that even going solo you're always making progress.

Needless to say, the fun came back with a vengeance, and I simply came to the conclusion to "screw the whole rush to the top deal". I knew I didn't have the time to commit to simply keep up with the jonses, so why bother? Sometimes it's just super fun to casually lay back, beat some monsters down, either play your character, or just have fun good conversation all the while. No pressure, just fun gaming bliss.

Many of us are also playing alts just so we can have both a different playing experience, and also to have the fun of raising a low level character again.

I was in the same boat as you, when it comes to comparative levels, and I was around the same level when people first hit 50, so I was definitely there. This is a game where people can group with various levels and still make out pretty well. I know it seems people look for specific things, and that's true. Some of us with lesser hours have lower real-estate with which to split their time. Still. Have fun with what you do. Hope to see you come back.

One should never think that they HAVE to have their character up to a certain level and be this perfectly outfitted (within a certain time) to play. That's not what PSU is all about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-09 08:54 ]</font>