PDA

View Full Version : the 8 rare mags

NikoN
Feb 25, 2001, 10:06 PM
For all of you that are wondering. The 8 rare mags in PSO are:

Opa Opa, Pian, Sonichi, Chureru, Pureta, Pitori, SONIC, and NiGHTS

Cheech
Feb 25, 2001, 10:09 PM
Umm... no.. There IS a MechaChao mag. One on that list (either Sonic or NiGHTS) isn't one.

Oh, and which is the old man angel one? I want that. Hehe..

SilentMetronome
Feb 27, 2001, 03:16 AM
It's been said Sonic is a mag but Nights isn't... Even the Official "Perfect" Guide shows a pic of MechChao so he's one of the 8.

and Pian is the angel guy with the halo.

ragnarok
Feb 28, 2001, 12:06 AM
I want sonic !!

Cheech
Feb 28, 2001, 03:18 AM
Yes, I just reread that part of my PSO guide. But why is it that no one HAS the sonic mag? We have yet to see any picture of what it's suppost to look like. Hmm, it all sounds too good to be true.. Also, is there a Devil/Equip? I highly doubt it, but...

Star_Angel
Feb 28, 2001, 11:19 AM
I'm beginning to get sceptical about the whole sonic mag... No one has seen it, not even Japan players... I'm sure there would have been at least one spotting... I seriously doubt anything is That rare http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_mad.gif

logan
Feb 28, 2001, 12:10 PM
there is in fact a sonic mag ...i just finished playing with my jp friend and he told me he did see one and i tend to take his word seeing as how he has 4 level 100 characters and helped me find 2 orotiagitos!

UnclearHorizon
Mar 4, 2001, 02:06 PM
in my guide book it says there is even a "Sonic himself" rare mag!

Drake
Mar 4, 2001, 09:28 PM
Even the Perfect Guide doesn't actually have a *picture* of the Sonic MAG... so my guess is that the writers thought Sonichi = Sonic. It's a common enough mistake. ^^;

Sonkakarot
Mar 7, 2001, 12:06 AM
pian IS nights. it stands for nightopian, the people in the towns (those cute buggers)

BladeofDarkness
Mar 7, 2001, 01:24 AM
I thought Sonichi was Sonic doh!

BladeofDarkness
Mar 7, 2001, 01:27 AM
oh and there is a Sonic mag there was a trade going on for 1 the guy that got it said it looked like two sonics floating around on your shoulders but he had to go so i didn't have a chance to actually see them

NiGHTSKraft
Mar 8, 2001, 03:59 AM
I have a NiGHTopian MAG...Da best one...Screw Sonic, NiGHTS is da shit!!!

Burnside
Mar 10, 2001, 11:01 PM
Soniti is the name of the sonic mag..which I'd tell you, LOOKS NOTHING like sonic..blarg!
"so many cool pics..I want one other my post tooo!!"

Soliptic
Mar 11, 2001, 05:11 AM
Just to set the record straight, yes there is a Sonic Mag. However, like 50% of the good stuff i the game, the item to create it has yet to drop. Many super rare items in PSO can only be found in the online game, the item to make Soinc among those. Additionally many items have yet to appear because their appearance is time based. Certian items won't appear until you have more than 180hrs or gameplay, while others are trigered by the real world date on the servers. Also, some items are dropped at specific times by Sega, remember valentines day? Items will be dropped in the lobbies at certian times that cannot be found anywhere else. And finally, some items will use a combination of those factors, as well as the current beat time of the game. Some things have a higher probability of appearing at certian times. The Sonic and MechChao items are rare, because most people have not hit the right combination of factors to have them drop. They're also rare because anyone who has one hasn't yet tradeed it to a duper. Many so caled rare items are not common because of this. Sigh.

sol

Soliptic
Mar 11, 2001, 05:13 AM
Hmm, guess I should have proof read that last post first eh?

Joey
Mar 11, 2001, 05:49 AM
i have a soniti mag lv 200!
im happy.

Telior
Mar 11, 2001, 01:32 PM
umh... What if Sega hasn't "dropped" that sonic cell thing yet and they're waiting until there's absolutely no way to dupe or cheat... Cuz otherwise it'll just be boring and not worth it if alot of cheaters run around with it...
just a thought I had...

Jay13
Mar 12, 2001, 10:42 AM
Hello ppls! I am glad to say that I don't have the sonic mag, cause if i did i would be lying! I had gone to a sega gaem with the ppl in pink... and they said sonic would be coming out next month on wedsday(thats how they spelled wednesday) so, right now no sonic but i do have the RARE regular chao mag!

The_Saint
Mar 12, 2001, 07:53 PM
Hey there peoples. Just a quick note....after seeing several questions about the 8 MAGs i thought i should post this. The PSO JAZZ site has a MAG guide with screen shots of all the MAGS. This includes the 8 RARE MAGS. They are as follows:
Opa Opa Oma Chao Sonici Chao Churel
Pian Pitri Preta

the PSO JAZZ link is:
http://anzu.sakura.ne.jp/%7Ekuga/pso/

Go to MAG ENG

Cheers!

The_Saint
Mar 12, 2001, 08:01 PM
Just thought i should add this in.....
That means that if there is a SONIC MAG, he would be the NINTH RARE MAG.

Jester
Mar 13, 2001, 12:00 AM
I think that the thing we all need to keep in mind is that this game is dynamic, and it is the first real game of its class/caliber. If you read the "Perfect" guide it hints that there are inumerable rares. Who knows maybe to unlock the ultimate rare you have to play all 9 characters with all the section IDs. The fact is sega could have a big button that says release all online rares. Or maybe we have to download a sonic quest.

Is what I am trying to get at is even the Japan players don't know everything. I do think that there is a sonic mag, and a ton of awesome weapons, we just haven't reached the level sega wants to release them at. Until then it will all be rumors...

BabyJ

Jay13
Mar 13, 2001, 10:21 AM
I'm back w/ another post ppl! OK the reason y sega hasn't pushed the "BIG BUTTON" is because of all the cheating, once cheating is gone then we'll be seeing more and more rares. Untill then just do w/ what we got! peace yo!

Drat
Mar 20, 2001, 03:35 AM
i heard soniti is the sonic mag but is some kind of representation or abstract rendering.....

Maximum-Burst
Mar 26, 2001, 04:06 AM
Someone said there are actually 12 rare mags. It was in a release made by someone working for SOA. He told it to ign.com

Holy_Knight
Mar 26, 2001, 10:39 PM
Heres a simple, logical, and somewhat breif explanation. First of all, if SONIC team (emphasis on the sonic) created this game and decided to add a few sega characters as rare mags, there is a 95% chance they would include sonic. Second of all, the reason the official "perfect" (VERSUS BOOKS) guide dosen't have a picture is because when an official guide is made, the games programmers or whoever handles that kind of ---- asks them not to reveal certain things (ex. if you have the versus books guide, in the special 10-12 star weapon section they say that they werent allowed to reveal a small percentage of them (actually according to all of the items ive heard about in the rare weapons section of the site, the percent was more like 60+))
i hope this anwsers your question

Maximum-Burst
Mar 28, 2001, 07:21 AM
I agree with holy knight. I am looking thru the perfect guide now and they really do not tell a lot.

Agent_Reaver
Mar 31, 2001, 06:24 PM
Hey umm this is a bit off topic but How do u put ure pic in the message.. Sorry but i must know how to do this. Plz help me out!

POWER_of_SWEDEN
Apr 3, 2001, 06:26 AM
go to this site there will be pics on many good mags...
one problem is that you need to download a program so that you can reade the japanese text...
http://www.jeha.org/pso/mag/dic_e.html

if you have spare mag i can trade for it i have some good mags....

Jim2001
Apr 3, 2001, 04:39 PM
Aren't the rare mag's names supposed to be gold, like the rare weapons and armor? I have a soniti (casts invincibility instead of shifta/deband) and the name only appears in a kind of grayish color, like the elemental weapons (thunder breaker, heart gladius, etc.).

Drake
Apr 5, 2001, 01:44 AM
Uhm... grayish? Elemental weapons appear in bright green. ^^;; There might be something wrong with the colour setting on your television...

Edit: Aa, I forgot - the four Cell-evolved Mags (Soniti, Pitri, Preta, and Churel) actually do appear in... green or gray... or whatever it is. ^^; The ones that appear in gold are the Heart/Parts-evolved ones (Pian, Opa-Opa, Chao, and RoboChao).

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Drake on 2001-04-04 23:57 ]</font>

Sunblast
Apr 21, 2003, 05:32 AM
Oh, thanks for the site! You're a Saint! I've been looking for pictures! Now I can finally get a cool looking guy. Thanks again!

Garanz2
Apr 21, 2003, 06:52 AM
I think there are more than that. I saw someone with a mag that looked like a dreamcast...

foamcup
Apr 21, 2003, 09:28 AM
Wow, people still think there is a Sonic MAG? Wow.

Riffin
Apr 21, 2003, 09:50 AM
Yeah, there's a ton of mags that are rare from cell drops. Myself own a CHUCHU rare mag, that looks like those little buggers from CHUCHU rocket. I'm sure there are many mags and items no one has yet seen or had hands on. Just another reason to keep playing I think.

incognito32
Apr 21, 2003, 10:19 AM
On 2003-04-21 03:32, Sunblast posted a reply.

um, everybody?

On 2001-02-25 19:06, NikoN started the post.

On 2001-04-04 23:57, Drake edited the last post...

these were talking about version 1... a looong time ago. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

please read, then let the past lay dormant.