PDA

View Full Version : newbie advice

Nidramag
Feb 10, 2007, 01:12 AM
I'm gettin PSU, advice? anything? can someone tell me how classes work? I heard something about picking two classes. I'm pc and can't get online, but I heard of offline Xtra mode. any tips ever?

SabZero
Feb 10, 2007, 04:33 AM
First of all, play through the story mode, it will give you the background to understand what's even going on in the universe.

By then you will understand alot about the game. Extra mode is just the free missions you unlock in story mode. It's ok to see how your character might look though.

Errorrrr
Feb 10, 2007, 04:48 AM
play online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif the $10 is worth it.

Blade_1
Feb 10, 2007, 06:07 AM
When you say you can't get online does it mean you can't afford the Hunters License Fee? Not that I have ever touched offline, I'm almost certain you need a constant online Internet connection to play even offline.

Edit: Damn typos again >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blade_1 on 2007-02-10 03:08 ]</font>

Tatha-kitten
Feb 10, 2007, 06:59 AM
you need an internet connection to play offline mode aswell, as the gameguard needs to connect to the net to update, otherwise it won't allow the game to open.

DoubleK93
Feb 10, 2007, 07:31 AM
And if you still want to play extra mode you have to beat chapter 4 to unlock it and if you want all the good free m issions you should probably beat the game like I did on PS2 before I went oline with both the PS2 and the CPU!

Nidramag
Feb 10, 2007, 01:26 PM
a) I already have the freakin internet

b) no one answered most of my questions

c) I have the money, but my father never buys anything on the internet, paranoid all the spyware is apparentley after him. I have enough money, just NO way to pay it!

SuperRygar
Feb 10, 2007, 02:28 PM
i give my 10$ to my friend who registered for me

the offline extra mode is boring. this game was meant to be played online :/ and i went right into offline mode, no story telling for me. i couldnt put that many hours into an 'online game' just to have all the cool items stuck offline. that's just dumb

and the classes are different in offline mode. online you have hybrid classes, the reason you would pick one is so you can use both, for example, hunter weapons and skills and force wands and spells. also your stats change depending on your class, which is added(or subtracted) on to your base stats

and my best tip would be, dont listen to what negative things people have to say about the state of the game until you heard the positive. some people are just disgruntled bitches that just want to bring you down with them...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-10 11:34 ]</font>

Blade_1
Feb 11, 2007, 05:22 AM
When you create a post include as much detail as you can as this will increase the chances of someone being able to help you. It would have been best to include the detail contained in part C at the start as although I'm almost God-Like I cannot yet read minds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Depending on what country you are in, I know some stores sell pre-paid credit cards which can then be used on PSU. It may be worth looking or creating a new topic based on that idea. Good luck.

DoubleK93
Feb 11, 2007, 08:31 AM
Well, I would have to say that no you cannot pick two classes at a time. How the classes work... do u want to know about online or offline? and Xtra mode is practically like online but no other people is on there. Plus you have all the spells, weapons (including S Ranks) and you can have your character up to level 100!

DoubleK93
Feb 11, 2007, 08:32 AM
I Personally play Xtra mode when my bro and my dad are playing online. I think it is fun at some points but I would have to agree with everyone else that this game is the best online!