PDA

View Full Version : How to Defeat S Rank De Ragnus...Solo!...oh, and Moon X Boar

DarkSeph
Feb 10, 2007, 10:23 AM
Those moon x boards you had before the change...they are still rare.....me thinks they will actually be worth something eventually.....since once they are gone.....they are gone!

Anyways, I solo'd De Ragnus...took an hour to beat him, but had Laia and my GH410 pm with me and it gave 5000exp and had over 75000+ HP I calculated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif....it made me cry when I'd get so close and then would die http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

The good news is that you can dodge ALL of it's attacks.....I kid you not......and when it goes into the air go to any corner of the map and when it fires at you run against the wall to avoid it, then head back to the corner....why? well that WHOOSH thing it does will KILL YOU! And that is the only 100% sure way to avoid it...once it goes back on the ground don't be afraid to start hitting it with all you've got until it's firing up to fire at you...oh, and sorry Hunters.....but stay AWAY from that tail.....it will 1 hit kill ya too

Anyways.....I was pissed....had over 100 deaths overall...that level is Murder! High rank Jarbas with Sword, Shield, Cane, etc on it...Plus side is they gave 788exp I believe....Just catch em on fire.....catch most of the things on fire...my Foie was lvl 30 so that helped big time! The whole reason I solo'd this was to try and get those S Rank Love Rappys to get either a Love Bow board or the Love Letter or both....well....I know the right spawn patters due to that other post but I didn't get lucky.....and it takes wayyyyyy too much time/effort to even see if you get them on block 3....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif guess no love bow for me this year *sniff*

DarkSeph
Feb 10, 2007, 10:23 AM
Oh, and I didn't get squat from the boxes after defeating that dragon.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

GRRR......well at least I got a Neptuline from one of those BadA$$ Jarba's I was talking about....

DarkSeph
Feb 10, 2007, 10:24 AM
Oops, ALso.....I was lvl 56 Human Female Fortetecher Class lvl 4.......

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 10:44 AM
A triple post to start off your own topic?

Ever heard of an edit button?

McLaughlin
Feb 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
This is DarkSeph, Sychosis.

I'm sure anyone here could've told you that would've been a waste of time. And the tail doesn't kill me in one shot, and I'm a level 59 Fighgunner (3). Thanks for speaking for me though.

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 11:33 AM
I expect too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Anyway, 100 deaths? Or rather, 1/0/0 deaths (mirite?)?

Not worth it IMO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-10 08:34 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 10, 2007, 11:58 AM
None of his attacks are OHKO's, they just do a massive amount of damage (1200+ easily). I'm a Lv64 Beast fF, and I can survive his hits fairly easy now. When he rears onto his hind legs, get away from him, as that signifies he's about to stomp.

In most cases, the tail swipe shouldn't even hit you- if it does you're in the wrong place- ideally HU's should be nailing into the neck/head anyway, so when he does the giveaway head movement before the tail swipe, its easy to dodge.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to solo S rank Denes, it's a huge waste of time, especially if you had 100 deaths http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

People do overexaggerate things though, I remember someone saying 30+ deaths in Satellite of Darkness S was good. No, it's not- S-Ranking it with 1 death is better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-10 09:00 ]</font>

Parn
Feb 10, 2007, 12:07 PM
Not necessarily a huge waste of time. Some like the challenge! I spent almost an hour on De Ragan at level 6 going "plink plink plink" with newbie gear when the game was almost brand new. Fellow party members had fought valiantly but had bit the dust early in the fight and there wasn't going to be a mission reward, but I wanted to pull off the win anyways. It took forever, but I felt it was worth it.

Bragging rights and self-satisfaction, you know? Just as obtaining some extremely difficult to obtain weapon is an achievement for some, conquering a boss while handicapped is an achievement for others.

Golto
Feb 10, 2007, 12:07 PM
Only worth it if you got the bow board and/or the rare good unit from boss box.

akratic
Feb 10, 2007, 12:50 PM
Man, you guys are great at telling people how to have fun! (not Parn, who seems to get it).

Vhex
Feb 10, 2007, 01:07 PM
My Tip: Don't solo it. Have a group of friends to help you take it on. Try 2 or 3 friends with your PM and NPC.

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2007, 01:11 PM
Funny thing. This guy starts some of the most useful topics, yet he speaks with the least amount of training.

LoopBeatstalker
Feb 10, 2007, 01:15 PM
yeah...too bad you do not get 360 achievements for accomplishments like that

Garnet_Moon
Feb 10, 2007, 01:25 PM
I don't know if it was De Ragnus S or Magas Magahna S that hit me for 1,400 damage from a melee hit and it wasn't a crit, but it hurt. I just barely got 1,000 HP at 70 Newearl fT10! Rawr! D:<

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-02-10 09:50, akratic wrote:
Man, you guys are great at telling people how to have fun! (not Parn, who seems to get it).

Perhaps you didn't read, but he isn't having fun. The whole topic is about how difficult and time consuming it is to solo De Ragnus S.

Seph says it is too much time and effort, and we agreed.

DummieAcount
Feb 10, 2007, 01:49 PM
A critical ground pound does rediculous damage(1400+), and I've yet to see someone survive it.

Edit: Nevermind, it does around 1459 (always leaves me at 25 when im playing as an FF and im at full health.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DummieAcount on 2007-02-10 10:54 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Feb 10, 2007, 03:11 PM
i seen a lvl 70 beast ff 10 get one hitted by a critical stomp. thats over 2k damage

akratic
Feb 10, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-02-10 10:36, Sychosis wrote:

Perhaps you didn't read, but he isn't having fun. The whole topic is about how difficult and time consuming it is to solo De Ragnus S.

Way to miss my point. Gold star for you!

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-02-10 14:54, akratic wrote:

On 2007-02-10 10:36, Sychosis wrote:

Way to miss my point. Gold star for you!

Well I'm sorry if I misinterpreted. But if you would be so kind as to enlighten me...?

omegapirate2k
Feb 10, 2007, 06:16 PM
The think about those rare moonx's might be true DarkSeph, people eat those novelty items up.

ShinMaruku
Feb 10, 2007, 07:29 PM
You gfuys seem to make this Service Games' 'Nightmare" (A DMC boss)

CrabRangoon
Feb 10, 2007, 10:42 PM
One thing I dont understand: I ran through Dual Sentinel mission yesterday, and I only saw ONE Rappy Amure. Dont they always come in groups of four? Saw it in the final (as per usual) spawns before encountering the boss TP. It was on only one (not some on both) end of the split in the last room, as one end contains 3 boxes, the other has a healing circle and PP-box. Is this crazy? Did others spawn and I by SOME ridiculous chance missed them?