PDA

View Full Version : How do crafters do it?

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2007, 07:05 PM
I've been spending six hours farming elemental photons simply because I don't want to spend more than half my synthing costs on them. How is it that crafters can sell their melee weapons and decent prices when it should cost between 100-500k meseta just to buy the photons?

Sychosis
Feb 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
Farming, shopping around, mutual agreements with friends, etc.

LordJoe
Feb 10, 2007, 07:08 PM
they are losing money (not really because they just dupe it). (they are really trying to get high element % weapons because of their valuse) nobody has found out how to hack % yet. ....even though....photons can be duped too....so... i wonder why they still......hmmm. never mind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ugn, elemental photons should just be released in synth shops already. I just doesn't make sense that people can get away with selling such common items for such insane prices.

Oh well, better go back to farming so I can get my first batch of melee weapons done...

Sekani
Feb 10, 2007, 07:26 PM
Why don't you PC guys form some kind of co-op where you sell/trade elemental photons to each other at non-inflated prices?

Schubalts
Feb 10, 2007, 07:35 PM
Or, we can go farm photons. After remembering that elemental weapons are meant to be rare, of course.

RS
Feb 10, 2007, 07:48 PM
The short answer is farming.I also wish elemental photons would be available at the synth shops.

Mattardo
Feb 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
It's a choice: try and take a chance to make a high elemental weapon or sell the elemental photons and possibly buy the high elemental weapon. Of course, very rare to see good high elemental weapons for sale.

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2007, 08:23 PM
I don't even want high elemental percents. I just want pretty weapons. Is that so much to ask?

nooblet
Feb 10, 2007, 11:51 PM
I think a lot of people these days are synthing stuff for themselves to use and sell off the "junks". Theres really no reason to synth up stuff just to sell when its much easier to just sell the 5-10 photons.

Bluepheonix
Feb 10, 2007, 11:54 PM
Actually i go around player shops looking for weps that are sold under-priced or cheap and sell them higher, or i do alot of s ranks, i get quite a few 10-12* itmes that sell good

Mattardo
Feb 11, 2007, 12:00 AM
Ah. Capitalist pigs are still thriving. For a while, I was synthing elementals, selling the ones I didn't like, and later feeding them to oone of my PMS. Out of all that synthing, though, not much good came out of it.

Tiyr
Feb 11, 2007, 12:31 AM
I really don't get why people buy elemental photons unless they're duping something. You can do linear line C and come out with seven to ten Megi-photons, and the same goes for anywhere else with the right elemental photons. Raffon Relics / Agata Relics for Gra, Lab / Endrum for Zon, etc etc. It's not like they're hard to farm up in decent quanities if you try.

Oh, and if you don't sell all the ones you picked up for duped meseta.

MaximusLight
Feb 11, 2007, 01:47 AM
I just didn't sell weapons for a long time, they built up, mind you they are starting to get a little low

desolant11
Feb 11, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-02-10 16:08, LordJoe wrote:
they are losing money (not really because they just dupe it). (they are really trying to get high element % weapons because of their valuse) nobody has found out how to hack % yet. ....even though....photons can be duped too....so... i wonder why they still......hmmm. never mind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

fyi just because someone has a few stacks of photons doesn't mean they're duped. i'm legit and yet have many stacks of elemental photons. how do i get them? dupe? lol no. i've been running LL solo. it's the best place to farm elemental photons by far. you can easily get as many as you need by doing that. now if only i could find the crea double board. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bluepheonix
Feb 11, 2007, 02:06 AM
i get like 7 megi and 3 ray each hive run, if i'm lucky, the hive is a good place to get them

desolant11
Feb 11, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-02-10 21:31, Tiyr wrote:
I really don't get why people buy elemental photons unless they're duping something.

people would buy elemental photons if...
they have few to none left and they are crafting weapons or armors. hunter weapons need elemental photons as do armors.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 02:02 PM
LordJoe is wrong about one thing, there are a few hackers that know how to get whatever percent they want on the weapons, but they haven't old the majority of the hackers. At this point I'm sure most people prolly wonder why I know so much about it, and it's because I like to be informed of all the going-ons in any game I play. Often I know everything about a game before I even play it, and with PSU, I like to stay up to date.

That being said, if I need 1 more of an elemental photon, I may go buy it cause it's faster than doing a run. No one is selling high percent weapons, at most they trade and trade them. Therefore, everyone and their grandma is trying to synth high percent weapons.

THE JACKEL

Almalexia
Feb 11, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-02-10 20:51, nooblet wrote:
I think a lot of people these days are synthing stuff for themselves to use and sell off the "junks".

They've been doing that since release. It annoys the hell out of me. The only good high % weapons I have came from the NPCs >_<.

DurakkenX
Feb 11, 2007, 10:05 PM
Of course the entire American and European population can stop being retarded and sell at prices that don't scream how stupid they are. There is a very simple way to determine the value of items fairly... that being use math to figure out it's NPC price and then sell for 50-75% in most cases. There are certain cases where this isn't true, but for the most part this should be the standard, but no we have people that want to say they sell things cheap and then you go in their shop to find several weapons that should cost around 500-1000mst to be considered cheap and they are selling for 7000mst and at the store they are 2000mst. I mean seriously...how stupid are people.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-02-10 16:07, Sychosis wrote:
mutual agreements with friends

This is what I do with a few friends. I take useful ones for armors, I give them useful ones for weapons.

Reiichi
Feb 12, 2007, 02:18 PM
The higher the % the more you can sell it for. All it takes is one good weapon that you post in your shop for max meseta to bring in 99m that you can now spend on synthing tons of weapons. Typically the highest %s people keep for use or trade, but ones in the 26-38% range can still sell for quite a bit (multimillions). Low % weapons are typically dumped at a loss.

The crafter doesn't have to be a duper. You just appeal to the haxeta market with your nice % weapons and voila, enough funds for another hundred or two synths. Selling items for a loss does not mean you are a duper. Low % weapons are in low demand, so you sell for a loss. High % weapons are in demand, so you sell for a large profit.

Rinse, repeat. When you and everyone else is sitting on tens of millions of meseta then 10k or 50k photons doesn't seem as expensive anymore. You can synth a lot of 9* weapons with 10m if you just go by NPC prices. Each of those weapons requires 10 elemental photons, and farming hundreds of elemental photons at a time takes a long while.

Pure-chan
Feb 12, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-02-10 16:26, Sekani wrote:
Why don't you PC guys form some kind of co-op where you sell/trade elemental photons to each other at non-inflated prices?

A lot of us do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif