PDA

View Full Version : Things I don't like about PSU..

Sunwind
Feb 10, 2007, 07:21 PM
I decided to write down in a txt file things I didn't like as I played, and after 2 days of playing the game ( only bought it a few days ago ) the list quickly filled up. But I continue to play, why? I dunno, it's fun, once you get past all the annoyances.

Here's what I have: http://pastebin.ca/349714

what annoys you about the game? / agree with mine or not, if so why? etc.

go!

DonRoyale
Feb 10, 2007, 07:22 PM
lolrants

NinjaSalad
Feb 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
Things I don't like about PSO-World:

PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT THE GAME

Sunwind
Feb 10, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-02-10 16:23, NinjaSalad wrote:

That's one of the things on my list http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Feb 10, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-02-10 16:23, NinjaSalad wrote:

Squall179
Feb 10, 2007, 10:11 PM
agreed, owever its nice to see that someone can still see the positives as well as the negatives, and made their decision weighing these combined.....I would assume fro mthe wording anyway.

Anyway, mine?

Just some minor aspects of gameplay, such as how bad I am at synthing. I tried, seriously but I just am no good at it, so I just dont anymore heh,no biggie. Also, how you have such small space to type in and the software keyboard beign a ttad dificult to use (I solved that with a USB keyboard heh, but sometimes I use that for my cmputer so I would kind of liek to be able to use that for the computer and still be able to talk with the cotnroller a bit ore easily, oh well easy to solve, buy t wo, not too expensive what I got)
the lack of solid blade weapons as far as I can see, but thats no biggie either. Non of these really have bothered me so far enough to stop.

What irks me is no biggie, so I just keep playing....OH, one thign thats a bit larger scale but easy to handle too

People who take it too seriously and call you noob for being a low level after having been on for months.
Dude...I play to have fun, not to be all Internet Serious Business when somone goes off at me for not beign a high level and that I should go for level cap immediately.

That even is no biggie either, cause I either ignore, reroute the subject to osmething else or be all like. "Well maybe your help might get me higher level" which usually works to get some help and cover fire in higher rank runs resulting in higher EXP gains and mroe MP gain. So either way Im good, and usually once the mision starts their quiet so I can do those kind of runs without the need for my keyboard.

Soukosa
Feb 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
A bunch of little annoyances in the game it seems. Could probably be done for just about any sort of game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rasputin
Feb 11, 2007, 02:43 AM
I 100% agree with your number 18. I don't know exactly when it changed, or why for that matter, but when I zero'd my PM, I had a fun time raising it again. I'm glad it's at 100, so I'll NEVER have to feed it again!

Almalexia
Feb 11, 2007, 10:12 AM
NITPICKING FOR THE WIN. OH HELL YEAR BABY. LETS FIND TRIVIAL STUFF TO BE BOTHERED ABOUT.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Feb 11, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-02-10 19:11, Squall179 wrote:
agreed, owever its nice to see that someone can still see the positives as well as the negatives, and made their decision weighing these combined.....I would assume fro mthe wording anyway.

Anyway, mine?

Just some minor aspects of gameplay, such as how bad I am at synthing. I tried, seriously but I just am no good at it, so I just dont anymore heh,no biggie. Also, how you have such small space to type in and the software keyboard beign a ttad dificult to use (I solved that with a USB keyboard heh, but sometimes I use that for my cmputer so I would kind of liek to be able to use that for the computer and still be able to talk with the cotnroller a bit ore easily, oh well easy to solve, buy t wo, not too expensive what I got)
the lack of solid blade weapons as far as I can see, but thats no biggie either. Non of these really have bothered me so far enough to stop.

How bad you are at synthing? Hey, all those synth successes and failures you may do are determined entirely by luck. By raising a PM to synth better, you only increase your chance of not failing. There's no way to guarantee a success, and there's no skill-based method to EARN a success, or have a good reason to blame yourself if you fail. Even worse, there's no way to beat your PM for failing. XD

Because it it determined far too often by factors beyond the player's control, I consider this to be more than a minor nitpick. (Aside from the lack of PM beating, that right there is just a little nitpick.)

What irks me is no biggie, so I just keep playing....OH, one thign thats a bit larger scale but easy to handle too

People who take it too seriously and call you noob for being a low level after having been on for months.Dude...I play to have fun, not to be all Internet Serious Business when somone goes off at me for not beign a high level and that I should go for level cap immediately.

That even is no biggie either, cause I either ignore, reroute the subject to osmething else or be all like. "Well maybe your help might get me higher level" which usually works to get some help and cover fire in higher rank runs resulting in higher EXP gains and mroe MP gain. So either way Im good, and usually once the mision starts their quiet so I can do those kind of runs without the need for my keyboard.

Well, you're gonna find that in pretty much any game that has levels. Sadly, this game does more to encourage careless play when your level is high enough. Still, it's amusing to see the "You're a noob for being low level" people crash and burn in battle. Not many games really offer this sort of satisfaction...

XCOPY
Feb 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
it's the Rant area of the forums, so might as well contribute appropriately....Annoying Crap Talking Points Memo:

*there's no Block warps in Extra. You either have to finish the mission every time or run all the way back to the beginning to get out. There's no "Abandon Mission" either. Sometimes I don't even feel like going all the way thru the mission, when some of them are annoyingly long.

*I just love how a monster takse a swipe at air about 300 yards away from where I was standing....and the game decides "yeah, you still got hit."

*the vehicle segments only happened in Story, and will never be implemented in any other way for any other mode of the game, not ever.

*I doubt we will ever get Ethan's new jacket, or any of the NPC clothes...which of course, happen to be better designed than most of the clothes the player gets to choose from.

*there is simply no choice in making money but opening a shop, and of course even that isn't a guarantee, as this depends on other people buying your shit. People just don't buy from my shop anymore, no matter what damn price I put on anything. I bet I could put up a Hive decoration now for 2 bucks and it will just sit there. Of course this is just a personal issue with my luck....(like how I had NO luck in finding rares in the entire time I played PSO. I had no choice but to depend on cheaters/dupers and learn how to dupe on my own to get the good stuff. The best thing I found on my own was a damn Chainsawd, that's it....this is why I will likely never try synthing anything in this game. It could be a 100% success rate and my synth would still fail, just because it's me. When things involve any sort of personal luck to determine the outcome, I'll just give up.)

-"Recently visited shops" is still broken....this will never change.

-there's just not enough "cool stuff". The main component of PSO's ridiculous amount of replay value was the treasure hunt aspect of the game. There was always some cool item to find....even cool rare monsters to find and kill. Here in PSU----notsomuch. I think the first quirky weapon that came out....that Bulb(*yawn*)...well that set the tone for what was to follow, imo....nothing exciting or interesting. Offline is an even more lopsided comparison. You can get to level 100 in around 26 to 30 hours or so, AND get some S-ranks.....and you're done. 30 hours didn't really mean shit in PSO. The typical player never truly felt "done" with the game. My main character on GC had about 447 hours on him, and I had 11 other characters, at least 2 or 3 also had over 100 hours. This will never happen on the new game.....partially because it also takes 500 years to raise one character in the first place. It just feels more like a chore than fun. The most I will play seriously online is 2 characters(1 is at 45, the other is at 21, and I haven't played that lv.21 guy in well over a month.)

-I also hate that we have to log out completely to go to a different character. This isn't cool at all since logging in is occasionally a problem at least on 360. Speaking of which, I've also given up all hope that "Retry" at the log-in screen will ever be fixed either....because this is the kind of disappointment Sega/ST is all about these days.

-The game is obviously held back by also being a last-gen game anyway. This was just due to the timing of things though....not entirely Sega/ST's fault I guess. I doubt 360 dev kits even existed when the development process began...and even then...it obviously makes more sense to develop primarily for the system that had the biggest user-base already. Still, it's frustrating to imagine what this game could've been if it was exclusively a Ps3/360(W?) thing. Perhaps we could've had customization that was worth a damn....or actual flowing hair, more clothes, bigger worlds/cities, etc. etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-02-11 12:02 ]</font>

Squall179
Feb 11, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-02-11 08:36, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
How bad you are at synthing? Hey, all those synth successes and failures you may do are determined entirely by luck. By raising a PM to synth better, you only increase your chance of not failing. There's no way to guarantee a success, and there's no skill-based method to EARN a success, or have a good reason to blame yourself if you fail. Even worse, there's no way to beat your PM for failing. XD

Because it it determined far too often by factors beyond the player's control, I consider this to be more than a minor nitpick. (Aside from the lack of PM beating, that right there is just a little nitpick.)

Pretty bad, though a mix of the system, and my lazyness....somethign Im not proud of...

My badness though, comes form a mix of that plus my lack of really knowing how to work with it all that well....mainly making shots in the dark I am. My fault there though as im too lazy to pull up a guide. When I get moved into my new place Ill have a computer by the TV though, so I can just look to the right to the scren or something, lol.