PDA

View Full Version : Picture Tacken With an Official GM?!

LordJoe
Feb 11, 2007, 01:29 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Wow i want to see this.

I wonder how they will handle the spam of complaints everyone will be yelling. also i wonder if anyone who has hacked items will go near them. what if you get banned lol. well....either way...I think this will be very interesting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

While the next content update maybe three weeks away, players can look forward to a special Valentine's Day Event. On February 14th, official Sega Game Masters will be seen roaming around the Guardian Colony on Universes 1 through 4. Players will have the chance to have their picture taken by a Game Master next to a lobby decoration. If the picture is good enough, it will be featured on the official site!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordJoe on 2007-02-10 22:32 ]</font>

Gigorman
Feb 11, 2007, 02:10 AM
I will be attending the Protest Rally...

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 02:58 AM
Unless Rieko Kodama or Tohru Yoshida are two of the GM's, I could give a crap about getting my picture taken with them. Juan is not a celebrity, and the GM's are certainly no "Heros" of PSU.

*Edit: Though on second thought, I may go just to watch (and laugh) at the debacle as it unfolds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-02-11 00:04 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 03:00 AM
I don't think GMs have the power to outright ban you on the spot.

February
Feb 11, 2007, 03:05 AM
On 2007-02-10 23:58, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Unless Rieko Kodama or Tohru Yoshida are two of the GM's, I could give a crap about getting my picture taken with them. Juan is not a celebrity, and the GM's are certainly no "Heros" of PSU.

*Edit: Though on second thought, I may go just to watch (and laugh) at the debacle as it unfolds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-02-11 00:04 ]</font>

lol, same. I remember last time GMs showed up. It was chaos. I hope it happens again.

A2K
Feb 11, 2007, 03:09 AM

I think you're a bit confused. The word "by" is not the same as the word "with."

desolant11
Feb 11, 2007, 03:21 AM
gawd..i really want to goto this. is it wrong to call in sick to work for the psu GM event?

also i wonder if they'll be answering questions on ingame issues from players.. probably not huh?

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 03:23 AM
The word "by" is not the same as the word "with."

Ah, I see. So rather than mingling with the unwashed masses by chatting with us and taking pictures "with us", they will simply be standing around snaping random screenshots of the crowd we might just happen be in. Gotcha.

Tahldon
Feb 11, 2007, 03:23 AM
So you guys can't wait to see the GMs and totally cause a hellion riot at the event?

What'll that help?

I don't really see anything being accomplished from trying to harrass GMs. Won't make anything better.

And all this rally nonsense.. C'mon. Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this sounds unbelievably silly.

What's done is done, stuff happens. Might as well enjoy the event and stop acting rowdy.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 03:25 AM
On 2007-02-10 23:10, Gigorman wrote:

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 03:32 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:25, Garnet_Moon wrote:

When the chairs start flying, you'll get me some choice screenies, right?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 03:35 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:32, Sychosis wrote:

If I don't, somebody else will. I just barely caught Ryuki and Ryoki and their yaoi relationship. And they did it alot at the swimsuit meet. >.>

I will do my best to keep my finger poised above the [Prt Scrn] button! ^-^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-11 00:35 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 11, 2007, 03:37 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:

If I don't, somebody else will. I just barely caught Ryuki and Ryoki and their yaoi relationship. And they did it alot at the swimsuit meet. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-11 00:35 ]</font>

I'm not a fan of yaoi, and nowhere am I near of that sexuality Garnet XD

A2K
Feb 11, 2007, 03:40 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:23, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Ah, I see. So rather than mingling with the unwashed masses by chatting with us and taking pictures "with us", they will simply be standing around snaping random screenshots of the crowd we might just happen be in. Gotcha.

Not at all. They'll be taking pictures of players (I'd imagine "couples" would be preferred) next to the Valentine's Day decorations. It's all right there in the original post.

As long as it's been brought up, this "protest rally" nonsense seems ridiculous to me. If you were truly dissatisfied with a service you were paying for, wouldn't the logical choice be to stop paying? Vote with your dollars, et cetera.

As Tahldon said, harassing the GMs isn't going to accomplish anything. Why not enjoy the event?

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 03:40 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:37, RyukiZero wrote:

I'm not a fan of yaoi, and nowhere am I near of that sexuality Garnet XD

You're the uke and Ryo is the seme! :3

-Ryuki-
Feb 11, 2007, 03:54 AM
Actually, I do seem to be more uke if anything, but.. I'm still straight =P

Gigorman
Feb 11, 2007, 03:56 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:40, A2K wrote:

Not at all. They'll be taking pictures of players (I'd imagine "couples" would be preferred) next to the Valentine's Day decorations. It's all right there in the original post.

As long as it's been brought up, this "protest rally" nonsense seems ridiculous to me. If you were truly dissatisfied with a service you were paying for, wouldn't the logical choice be to stop paying? Vote with your dollars, et cetera.

As Tahldon said, harassing the GMs isn't going to accomplish anything. Why not enjoy the event?

If we quit, and they react, we would join again and effectively have either continued to pay or have paid more, based on a thread about such an occurrence. Ktzz. Organizing a protest should fuel a desired reaction. Ktzz. If the protesters are unsatisfied, the only option would be the ultimate price for the online game. Ktzz. Everyone would permanently cancel their accounts, ktzz. Except the die-hard players that perfer to bend over for Sonic Team, ktzz...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigorman on 2007-02-11 00:58 ]</font>

Tahldon
Feb 11, 2007, 04:32 AM
Gigorman noone is "bending over" for anyone here.

Things happen and some people understand that. This big rally issue to me is a big festival where there's all whine and no cheese.

It's really -too- simple. If you like the game, then play the game and accept whatever comes with it. If you don't like it then don't play it.

It's not like anyone's twisting arms and putting a guns to players' heads forcing them to play. It's your money and if you choose to invest time and money into a product then it's all on you.

When the going gets rough you either pack up and pull out or keep trudging through the difficulties.

Harrassing the GMs will be really silly. They're just Game Moderators. That's kinda like being a Forum Moderator. They don't handle server issues or do any programming for updates, they're (more or less) like the police of the game. They're just there to maintain order of sorts.

It's alright though.. You'll all learn someday that throwing fits only works for kids 8 years and under.

desolant11
Feb 11, 2007, 04:50 AM
On 2007-02-11 00:40, A2K wrote:

true that would be ugly with people screaming for help to the GMs spamming about hackers and whatever else is wrong. just ugly. you know the urge to simply ask what will be done about some thing will be very strong for some people not to give in. i wonder if they will entertain any questions like that.

Kimil
Feb 11, 2007, 05:01 AM
We Have GMs? O_O Sine when?

Weakness
Feb 11, 2007, 06:02 AM
Alas, I will be in Kansas and unable to play on Valentine's Day. Would someone oh so kindly take pictures/record the mayhem that is soon to ensue?

I am hoping it shall be the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre of Chicago once again~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Off with their heads, the GM's shall pay for the crimes of the corruption they work for.

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 06:03 AM
true that would be ugly with people screaming for help to the GMs spamming about hackers and whatever else is wrong. just ugly.

I'm sure they are dreadding this day. If I was them, I would be doing some heavy, heavy, f'kn drinking in the days leading up to (and durring) the event.

mananas
Feb 11, 2007, 08:20 AM
HAHAHA
I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be absolutely hilarious.

Dragwind
Feb 11, 2007, 08:31 AM
I cant wait to see this. Im dying to hear the excuses the GM's will feed us when everyones complaining.

I wouldnt be surprised if they dont even say a word to anyone and remained mute from the moment they log in.

Parn
Feb 11, 2007, 09:42 AM
I just barely caught Ryuki and Ryoki and their yaoi relationship.
I knew it! Ryuki kept acting like he wasn't into that kind of thing when I was around! Liar! Squinty, lying, deceitful coward! I showed you affection at the hot springs and you rejected it Ryuki, filling my head with lies! I am a very sad uke right now!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I must plot my revenge, now. My PC subscription doesn't end until March! *shakes fist*

Shinzakura
Feb 11, 2007, 10:12 AM
To me, it sounds like there's two camps here: the ones who want to enjoy the event, and the ones who want to demonstrate against it in the hope that it will make a change.

Personally? I'm with the former group. I think protesting this would be a bad decision. For starters, have any of the protesting group considered the fact that should this turn ugly Sega might view this as a reason NOT to have GM-sponsored events again? There are precedents for that, and who will ultimately be to blame for bad player behavior? Not Sega.

Secondly, as so many people have mentioned before, yes the game is broken, but that does not mean that harrassing GMs is going to get the problem fixed. They are likely just college interns who are just doing their jobs and aren't part of the localization staff. Why? Because the localization staff is probably busy doing - guess what? Localization. You are far better off writing a business mail (that's snail mail, folks - no one pays attention to email), or as someone said earlier, vote with your dollars and go elsewhere.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it if only to see what's in the club, what they've got planned and so forth and so on. But it would be by far a poor showing if it got ugly. Would you be willing to crash a wedding just to make a point about where they're holding the reception?

-Ryuki-
Feb 11, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-02-11 06:42, Parn wrote:

I just barely caught Ryuki and Ryoki and their yaoi relationship.
I knew it! Ryuki kept acting like he wasn't into that kind of thing when I was around! Liar! Squinty, lying, deceitful coward! I showed you affection at the hot springs and you rejected it Ryuki, filling my head with lies! I am a very sad uke right now!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I must plot my revenge, now. My PC subscription doesn't end until March! *shakes fist*

I miss you Parn! T-T

Gigorman
Feb 11, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-02-11 01:32, Tahldon wrote:

If you like the game, then play the game and accept whatever comes with it. If you don't like it then don't play it.

That sounds precisely like bending over, ktzz. You've failed to realize that money is involved, ktzz. Unfortunately, you have also used the same defense as the ones on the official forum. Ktzz. Therefore, I doubt you will understand this and will no longer respond to you, ktzz...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigorman on 2007-02-11 08:19 ]</font>

Tahldon
Feb 11, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-02-11 08:18, Gigorman wrote:

On 2007-02-11 01:32, Tahldon wrote:

If you like the game, then play the game and accept whatever comes with it. If you don't like it then don't play it.

That sounds precisely like bending over, ktzz. You've failed to realize that money is involved, ktzz. Unfortunately, you have also used the same defense as the ones on the official forum. Ktzz. Therefore, I doubt you will understand this and will no longer respond to you, ktzz...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigorman on 2007-02-11 08:19 ]</font>

Hm.. So it's come down to ignoring me huh. You ever thought that people may tell you the same thing because it's a good solution?

"If you're sick drink plenty of fluids, take meds, and get lots of rest" You'd do that if you were sick right? Doesn't it help?

Like I said, some of you just want to be rowdy. You might as well go out and assault a police officer for enforcing the laws passed in Congress. Cause of course, they're part of the team that's involved with laws.

Why not listen to Shinzakura? He agrees.

Mayhem..Heavy drinking.. GMs better be prepared...

People nowadays.. I'm with Sekani on this one. Some of you are just acting ridiculously silly and won't listen to reason or try to act professional towards the whole ordeal. Just want to grab pitchforks and shovels and go into town swinging.

I wash my hands of this. Go to the event and be silly, see exactly what kind of consequences come out of it.

And don't ever complain again that GMs don't come around, because after this aweful display they most likely won't.

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
o me, it sounds like there's two camps here: the ones who want to enjoy the event, and the ones who want to demonstrate against it in the hope that it will make a change.

Three camps;

1. The regular players

2. The "demonstratros/complainers"

3. Hecklers. I'm not there for the event, or to complain about the game. I'm just there to heckle and laugh at the jackasses in both the other two camps.

Seira7
Feb 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
Aw man, I really don't want to use my cast to get in on the event. My beast is so much cuter but she has no cool clothes -_- I just created her yesterday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Maybe I will splurge on a swimsuit though. This event sounds fun, I hope they open up the club too!
And as far as protesting goes, we should be ENCOURAGING GM events to happen people! We finally get an event and people want to protest?? =(
I want this one to go well and have many more in the future as well. Nyah~

Thrash777
Feb 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
...and I believe this is on both servers, which will be nice...

UnknownFox
Feb 11, 2007, 12:24 PM
Do you think they will open the club cuz i really wana see the inside of it. and Yes i want to be able to enjoy these whenever they come around but from the sounds of it to many people worried about something stupid insted of having fun are gona screw it up for everyone that actually plays the game for whats in it already rather then play to complain that we have nothing. Open your eyes and see how much there is in the game sofar and be happy with that till we get more. its not as if the game has 2 missions and 4 weapons there is plenty to do and find so DO IT or quit playing all together simple as that

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 12:47 PM
I think a protest wouldn't be such a bad idea, if there was some real direction and planning.

As it stands, this "rally" seems like little more than a glorified whine-fest, conceived in a fit of anger. I mean, what exactly do you plan to accomplish at this rally? How will you go about doing it? How devoted to the cause are you really?

From what I've read, all you guys plan to do is air grievances to people who have no ability to change anything. On top of that you plan on doing it while a peaceful, good intentioned GM event is going on. You're like the anti-war protesters who protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers, tasteless and ill intentioned. As has been said many times before, are you willing to quit over it? Paying the people you plan to protest against, just so you can tell them you will be quiting instead of actually quitting seems like the ultimate "bending over" to me.

That said, I do think you guys are getting shafted. Having to choose between quitting a game you love due to poor security, or continuing on and enduring that poor security sounds terrible.

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
I'm just curious to see if the 360 actually has any GMs in the first place. I've yet to see one, and if I don't see one at this "event" (assuming it happens on the 360 at all. Not many GMs, or even players, have the ability to screen cap) then I'm going to assume we don't, and then proceed to spam the Sega boards with topics like "WHY NO GMS SEGA!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!"

"!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!"

UnknownFox
Feb 11, 2007, 02:13 PM
if this does happen on the 360 ill take pics and some vids of everything that happens and of the club if that thing opens up

Shadow_Wing
Feb 11, 2007, 04:33 PM
The GM protest is a meaningless display of wrongly directed anger to SoA. To me I've already made up my decision with PSU, and that is to quit once all my good buds move onto other Online games, we're waiting on SSBB atm lol. With a lousy service, especially compared to that of the JP side, I will not really stand for this inactivity on SoA's part.

So far SoA has proved to be a dummy cooperation of SoJ, with no real power to deal with any of the PC/PS2's problems, something that I feel will always will be.

I for one have already moved on, and will enjoy this game till more options become more available for my tight knit group of online friends.

Simply put, enjoy the game as is and if you feel like you're being cheated quit. I've yet to see any action to be done, and the only changes I've seen are on SoJ's part.

WrathOfMegid
Feb 11, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-02-11 08:18, Gigorman wrote:

And how much money are we talking about, kids? $300/month? No? $150? Still no? Surely at least $50?
Less than $10? Crap, the way you sound Girgoman, I thought surely the monthly tab easily surpassed that of the Blackened Tilapia I had at Red Lobster last night. Damn, I've spent $10 in far more frighteningly useless ways, and I don't even have a job yet. Don't worry, a good 5 hours of burger flipping will easily earn that and more back to your bank account. And, hey! you don't have to worry about cancelation fees, either! Whoo-ee! That'll cause a riot by itself right there. Say it with me now: Git-r-done!

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 05:23 PM
Heh, I have a friend who's applying to be a GM for SoA, because he wants to get paid to play PSU.
He has a decent chance of getting the job, too because of his past history in IT support.

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 07:38 PM
And how much money are we talking about, kids? $300/month? No? $150? Still no? Surely at least $50? Less than $10? Crap, the way you sound Girgoman, I thought surely the monthly tab easily surpassed that of the Blackened Tilapia I had at Red Lobster last night.

Yeah, it's only $10... and most working class people can wipe their ass with that money and never even realise it. That's not the point though. The point is they're paying for a service that they're not getting, or at least - not getting to their satisfaction. The dollar amount doesn't matter, because it's the value you get for that $10 which is making people upset. Sega isn't keeping up on their responsibilties and is letting the game go to shit.

I don't care if you're Donald F'in Trump. If you aren't getting your $10 worth, then you're not getting your $10 worth, and you're completely justified in complaining about the fee or canceling your account reguardless of your gross income.

necman
Feb 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-02-11 09:47, Sychosis wrote:
As it stands, this "rally" seems like little more than a glorified whine-fest

So should I bring the cheese?

LordJoe
Feb 11, 2007, 08:41 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif yes bring lots of cheeses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Can we throw virtual pies at GMs? ^O^

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-02-11 09:47, Sychosis wrote:
I think a protest wouldn't be such a bad idea, if there was some real direction and planning.

As it stands, this "rally" seems like little more than a glorified whine-fest, conceived in a fit of anger. I mean, what exactly do you plan to accomplish at this rally? How will you go about doing it? How devoted to the cause are you really?

From what I've read, all you guys plan to do is air grievances to people who have no ability to change anything. On top of that you plan on doing it while a peaceful, good intentioned GM event is going on. You're like the anti-war protesters who protest at the funerals of fallen soldiers, tasteless and ill intentioned. As has been said many times before, are you willing to quit over it? Paying the people you plan to protest against, just so you can tell them you will be quiting instead of actually quitting seems like the ultimate "bending over" to me.

That said, I do think you guys are getting shafted. Having to choose between quitting a game you love due to poor security, or continuing on and enduring that poor security sounds terrible.

Who cares? I have nothing else planned so I may as well show up and giggle to myself as the carnage ensues.

Hell, i'll even post a log of the entire thing in convenient .txt format in a new thread here if I can remember to do so! Let everybody see what happened.

It'll just take a while to edit out all the ID's of the people in the log, bc i'm not asking them all for individual permission to post theirs with the convo. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-11 17:47 ]</font>

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 08:55 PM
Uh...hecklers need not apply? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-02-11 17:55, Sychosis wrote:
Uh...hecklers need not apply? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

iunno what a hecklers is, but i'm just gonna leave the ID's in. Who cares. Anybody who wants to see them can come to the meeting. That's entirely too much work.

~_~

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 09:01 PM
Hecklers you know uh...someone who is there to try and make fun of people.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:01, Sychosis wrote:
Hecklers you know uh...someone who is there to try and make fun of people.

Oh. Well, I won't make fun of people. They will do it themselves. I'll just be making the log visible to everybody. ID's and all. XD

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 09:07 PM
Ever watch that Muppet Show? Remember those two old guys who used to sit in the balcony and mock the people on stage?

That's a heckler.

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:07, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Ever watch that Muppet Show? Remember those two old guys who used to sit in the balcony and mock the people on stage?

That's a heckler.

^ Yeah, what he said!

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 09:10 PM
Ahhh, ok. Gotcha! But yeah, I won't be doing that. I'll just be a body for the most part. I'll let THEM make fools of themselves. I won't work them into saying anything foolish. Trust me, they will do it themselves.

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
Exactly, they will do it themselves. Which is why I'll just stand around and mock them while laughing. I don't have to goad them into anything. Much like I do at the PSOworld meetups.

necman
Feb 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-02-11 18:10, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Ahhh, ok. Gotcha! But yeah, I won't be doing that. I'll just be a body for the most part. I'll let THEM make fools of themselves. I won't work them into saying anything foolish. Trust me, they will do it themselves.

What uni are you going to be on? I would not want to miss out on the fun. I'll be the cast that looks like a lunch box. A lot of people should already hate me and just being there should be enough to stir things up.

zSW1FT
Feb 14, 2007, 12:06 PM
I'll be on. I need to grab some PSOW'ers cards anyways. I'll be on my sexy beast FG [ z ]. I'm sure you'll want to flock to me and shower with attention.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 14, 2007, 12:43 PM
Then you all get to whine bitch about everything to these GM's. Then when they dont show up anymore youll whine and bitch about the lack of GM's. Fun stuff, not -_-

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Juan is not a celebrity

I dunno, Sinue. You can refer to him by his first name alone, and though neither of us personally know him, I know exactly who you're talking about. That's gotta count for somethin'. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Garnet_Moon
Feb 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
On 2007-02-14 08:42, necman wrote:

On 2007-02-11 18:10, Garnet_Moon wrote:

What uni are you going to be on? I would not want to miss out on the fun. I'll be the cast that looks like a lunch box. A lot of people should already hate me and just being there should be enough to stir things up.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=20559

And Nahl, the rally isn't near the GM event.