PDA

View Full Version : What is the PM bar on the second page for?

Foxix
Feb 11, 2007, 05:09 PM
On the second page of the PM's info there is a bar, what is it for exactly? Also I just made my first 440 and I noticed that she is very quiet compared to other pm's but the more I use her the more she talks. Does someone want to explain PM's to me please?

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
I think that bar is simply just to confuse you, unless it has anything to do with all the new models of PM's on the horizon.

Foxix
Feb 11, 2007, 05:19 PM
all i know is that bar was empty when i first made her, I took her out for one misssion and the bar is now filled up about 1/10 of the way

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-02-11 14:19, Foxix wrote:
all i know is that bar was empty when i first made her, I took her out for one misssion and the bar is now filled up about 1/10 of the way

Hmm... then I can only assume thats here xp bar, because bots level up after missions, mine isn't level 80 yet, so I don't know all this stuff for sure.

Golto
Feb 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
That is B(battle?) stat. Rasing this will make your pm have a little better ai and starting at around 4 they will switch to their secondary weapon more often. They also get more sayings the higher it gets. Just bring them with you on an quick mission and get an sranking to raise it the fastest.

EphekZ
Feb 11, 2007, 05:32 PM
that's their battle level, like golto said, doing missions levels it up, and difficulty doesnt matter, just the rank you get.

OdinTyler
Feb 15, 2007, 11:08 AM
I figured it had to do with synthing. But then I noticed that sometimes it goes up, sometimes it doesnt. I believe it has a chance of going up when you synth an item related to your synth rate. For example, a saber or sword, if your PM has a Striking preference. I cant say this is 100% accurate as Im trying to figure it out. I do know that on my Beast's 420, his PM has a B 19 rating & I have made quite a few sabers & claws on him. So honestly, I dont know. Still researching this...

l_Will_l
Feb 15, 2007, 05:04 PM
it only goes up when u do runs from what ive seen and looked up. mine is lvl 28 rite now and shes a 420. she heals herself anytime her health gets lower than the 2 in gh420 and shes talking alot more. shes also alot stronger and holds her own now. i remember when her bst was lvl 1 if i took her into a b match id have to watch her closely or she would die. now i take her on a runs. but yeah the way the get exp is like this. im getting this rite of of psupedia:

Battle Stat (B St.) or Combat Level (max. 100) - dictates a PM's efficiency in combat (presumably only AI and chat lines?) and is rumored to increase overall synthesis proficiency; the increments for its EXP bar increase upon Mission completion, depending only on the overall resultant rank.

S rank: about 25% (from 0% into a level, four S Ranks are not enough for one level. It's probably 24%.)
A rank: about 15%
B rank: about 10%
C rank: about 5%

now thats all i know for now. ive been looking into more to see if that b st has anything to do with the next evolution on pm's like if it needs to be a certain lvl or if it even gets reset when u decide to evolve her. but not much info out still on the newer ones. but for now all i know is when im doin c runs to get somewhere fast. shes with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lastat27
Feb 15, 2007, 10:51 PM
This "Battle Strength" expierience bar issue has be talked to death in previous posts dating back months ago. I'll talk about it and take a few quotes of mine.

The only way to fill the "B St" bar is by completeing missions with your PM. If you get an S Rank during a mission her B St bar will fill up about 24%. The fastest way to level this from 1-100 would be to do about 420 Linear Line C runs.

Quotes:

"I have a PM 440 (Shotgun + Twin Handguns). I evolved her as a pure 100 armor PM. When I first sent her into battle she was as stupid as a truffle, did 80x4 damage with her shotgun, 110x2 with her twin handguns, and healed herself with Resta for 250hp (but usually dies before she gets a chance to do so.)

Now that my PM has a lvl 100 "Combat Level" she has not changed in anyway. She still has the IQ of said truffle, no damage increase, no resta increase, and my synth percentages have not gone up on anything. Sorry, but its true.

Summary:
-B St (Combat Level) currently does nothing."

The above quote was before our PM's were upgraded. Our PM's did recieve an upgrade a few weeks ago which I talk about here:

"PM 440 Upgraded.

Old Damage
Twin Handguns: 110 x 2
Shotgun: 80 x 4
Resta: 250 Hp

New Damage
Twin Handguns: 240 x 2
Shotgun: 250 x 5 (PM 440 Now shoots 5 bullets instead of 4 with her Shotgun)
Resta: 400 Hp

I'll also point out that she decides to heal herself when she gets down to 50% hp now and heals herself completely full with 2-3 Restas."

During recent tests I used my friends PM 440 with a B St level of 6. And when compared to mine, she deals the same damage, heals for the same amount during Resta, says the same things, fights just as slow... his PM 440 is exactly the same in every way as my PM 440 with 100 B St. Thus, B St still currently does nothing.

Questions?

Krans
Feb 15, 2007, 11:01 PM
Well i've been spending a lot of time raising a 450 and it's about one feeding away (currently lv. 76) so i hope that it is worth it later and it does battle decently. If your PM dies it counts just as if any party member dies rght? Also maybe the stats affect how they act? like more strike makes them stronger idk just a theory

l_Will_l
Feb 15, 2007, 11:07 PM
i have noticed a change in what she says. u cant say they act the same cause thats not completly true. shes saything things when she gets status effects that she never said when she was a lvl 1 b st.

PMB960
Feb 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
ST ran an article saying that they haven't used B St. for anything yet. I am not sure if that changed with some of the updates since the article was out months ago.

Lastat27
Feb 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
Quote for Krans:

"-Your PM's "stike, ranged, tech, and armor" levels have NOTHING to do with anything combat related. Having 100 armor does not make your PM's armor stronger in battle. The four stats ONLY affect synthesis percents and what your PM will evolve into."

And to l_Will_l:

Due to the fact that "B St" has changed absoultely nothing thus far in the game, I'm naturally led to assume it hasn't changed speech patterns either.

I can remember my PM 440 saying: "Hot tamale coming through!" every single time she was burned as I leveld her. "Playin' Dirty" whenever she was hit by a mobs critical hit, and "They're cute, but I can take em'" to every small ugly mob in the game for as long as I can remember.

And to your quote "ive been looking into more to see if that b st has anything to do with the next evolution on pm's like if it needs to be a certain lvl or if it even gets reset when u decide to evolve her."

The Japanese players are currently having fun with their new PM evolutions. You can feed your PM an evolution device as long as they are in there Lolibot form (80+ production level). B St is not reset to 0 when you feed them an evolution device.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2007-02-15 20:45 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 15, 2007, 11:53 PM
My GH-440's shotgun crits for 400. On Vahras. x_X

huntlyon
Feb 16, 2007, 12:02 AM
awesome.. so those c rank speedruns for an s have been all for naught..

frickin sweet

-Rune-
Feb 16, 2007, 12:40 AM
My 450 is my guardian angel. I believe that B stat raises resistance as well because, when I first took her out on LL S runs she'd die to Megid faster than Romo's QB career, but now she take's Megid to the chest better than I do ;_; She heals any one that hits 50% or around half hp, so besides buffs she a great FO replacement for me on my treasure runs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifv night everyone.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 16, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-02-15 21:40, -Rune- wrote:
My 450 is my guardian angel. I believe that B stat raises resistance as well because, when I first took her out on LL S runs she'd die to Megid faster than Romo's QB career, but now she take's Megid to the chest better than I do ;_; She heals any one that hits 50% or around half hp, so besides buffs she a great FO replacement for me on my treasure runs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifv night everyone.

ha ha! I lol'd!

Vuman
Feb 16, 2007, 12:54 AM
2 Battle Stat levels = about 9-10 linear line C. As a Fortegunner my character takes about 4-6 minutes per mission for a grand total of one hour. That's about all I can muster before I go crazy.

magenta
Feb 16, 2007, 01:11 AM
dam

i been told that increasing battle level increases synthing succes rates

and that you need to level it up to certain level before you can evolve PM further.

Lastat27
Feb 16, 2007, 03:07 AM
To huntlyon:

"Combat Level" is bound to do something someday. So yeah, leveling it up hasn't done anything for you yet, but hopefully our PM's become as smart as Ethan from online Story Mission 1, or even as powerful / agressive as Bruce in Bruce's Dungeon.

To -Rune-:

Partner Machines are immune to Megid's instant death effect. If you mean that your PM is surviving more from the damage Megid actually deals then it's probably because of two reasons. Either your PM's stats have increased because you yourself have leveled up some (your PM is always 10 levels in experience higher then you are), or the recent upgrade to PM's increased MST or HP some.

and to Magenta:

I think you may have the different "levels" of PM's confused.

Experience levels. Your PM is always 10 Experience levels higher then you in battle. When you are level 70 your PM will be level 80. These levels increase your PM's combat stats such as HP, ATP, ATA, etc.

Combat Level (or Battle Strength "B St") currently does nothing, but this bar raises when you successfully complete a mission with your PM in your party.

Production Level is raised when you feed your PM items. This will, like you said, increase your synthing success rates, and will evolve your PM to different forms when you reach level 20, 50, and 80 Production Level.