PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Mass bannings announced for illegal items + Updated

Garnet_Moon
Feb 12, 2007, 02:30 PM
PSOW Home Page News:
The Japanese PC/PS2 servers for Phantasy Star Universe were brought down for urgent maintenance earlier this morning to address a number of security issues. During this maintenance, extra measures were put in place to help strengthen the game's protection against cheats and cheat tools. Although the exact details aren't yet known, the changes included client-side patching and updates to the GameGuard software.

In additon, it was announced that any irregular (illegal) items would be wiped from the system and that there would be mass bannings of accounts involved with such items.

The update brings hopeful news to the PC/PS2 community, where the effects of online exploits have been visible for some time. Is this the long-overdue boost to security that players have been waiting for? Perhaps, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Feel free to head on over to the Phantasy Star Universe Forum to share you thoughts and speculations. Thanks to Itsuki-chan for the story!

On 2007-02-12 11:41, Itsuki-chan wrote:
A few things to note:
- It only took a couple days for the japanese server to be taken down and updated.
- The bannings weren't all bannings. Many of them were temporary suspensions, explained by Lyrise:

[13:38] <@Lyrise> basically the game plan is this
[13:39] <@Lyrise> if you get caught cheating
[13:39] <@Lyrise> you're suspended
[13:39] <@Lyrise> during that suspension, they're going to audit your acocunt.
[13:39] <@Lyrise> if nothing else is wrong, you're off the hook
[13:39] <@Lyrise> if something is wrong
[13:40] <@Lyrise> you get handed the ban stick.

- And all 11* and 12* and 10* that don't drop were removed. I think anything with irregularities were removed. But many of the hacked weapons are synth hacked. Like... they hack the synth board, and then make the weapon using that. So the resulting weapon is completely clean.

EDIT: And gg updates are universal. So US server gets them the minute JP does. But this kind of client patch always makes it to the US server within an update or two.

On 2007-02-12 11:54, Lyrise wrote:
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=236

That is the original source of all this wonderful information. The fun part is that according to the other boards, anything that doesn't drop currently, all have their stats slightly modified, as to pick off those who think they can get away with hacking the synth boards (Someone had mentioned a hacked 2 headed Ragnus was different than the real thing).

In any case, or rather, this occurance, anyone caught with unreleased weapons got temp suspensions. This was the warning shot that ensures fair treatment for all, even those unknowingly caught in the mess. And as Itsuki has explained, that is the process they're going to follow.

On 2007-02-12 11:57, Lyrise wrote:
Repeat offenses no matter how minor result in the same penalty as a major offense - permanent banning (Not account deletion, they need your account intact to keep your serial key BLOCKED)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-12 12:02 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 02:31 PM
-Snapshots.-

Photographer, AND Reporter!

<3

Sychosis
Feb 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
Thank God. I just hope it isn't too little, or too late.

Jae
Feb 12, 2007, 02:38 PM
Too little, too late IMO. Many of us have already taken initiative and moved on. But hey at least they're doing something... on the JP servers anyway.

Akaimizu
Feb 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
I remember when an announcement, like this, was made for Warcraft 3. It definitely brought some people back. Not that I'm comparing relative sizes between the two; but this news definitely helps.

Garnet_Moon
On 2007-02-12 11:38, Jae wrote:
Too little, too late IMO. Many of us have already taken initiative and moved on. But hey at least they're doing something... on the JP servers anyway.

I'm sure we'll get it soon. An update like this, on the JP side, when they supposedly don't have much, yet we are plagued with it? I'm sure it's a test run for when it comes to the North American side.

I'm glad my account renews later today now. ^_^

Golto
Lets hope they do the same to the NA server soon.

MegaBUD
Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
Its too late... and its only for JP server... cause sega dont care about NA-EU server

Rashiid
Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
perhaps this will bring peace among the 360 and PC/Ps2 users on here.....

Itsuki
Feb 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
A few things to note:
- It only took a couple days for the japanese server to be taken down and updated.
- The bannings weren't all bannings. Many of them were temporary suspensions, explained by Lyrise:

[13:38] <@Lyrise> basically the game plan is this
[13:39] <@Lyrise> if you get caught cheating
[13:39] <@Lyrise> you're suspended
[13:39] <@Lyrise> during that suspension, they're going to audit your acocunt.
[13:39] <@Lyrise> if nothing else is wrong, you're off the hook
[13:39] <@Lyrise> if something is wrong
[13:40] <@Lyrise> you get handed the ban stick.

- And all 11* and 12* and 10* that don't drop were removed. I think anything with irregularities were removed. But many of the hacked weapons are synth hacked. Like... they hack the synth board, and then make the weapon using that. So the resulting weapon is completely clean.

EDIT: And gg updates are universal. So US server gets them the minute JP does. But this kind of client patch always makes it to the US server within an update or two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-02-12 11:43 ]</font>

Akaimizu
I'm sure the bigger reason is that they've been observing the Japanese servers for longer, so they can be more accurate about their bannings and all. Blizzard had to take some good time, and be careful, when they did it, so I can imagine these guys are doing the same.

Sychosis
So many downers...

Garnet_Moon
Feb 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-02-12 11:41, Sychosis wrote:
So many downers...

I know! They don't understand that we share the same updates(of all types) the JP side gets. Even if it's a month or so down the line.

We will get this same update, eventually. Just, have faith, people! Tell SEGA you want this brought over to our side ASAP! I am!

Even if it's a suspension it'll be great. Eventually these clowns will stop doing it out of frustration.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-12 11:45 ]</font>

EJ
Feb 12, 2007, 02:43 PM
usually when it's for security it comes to us in the next maintence so if they did that I would expect to see it this thursday maybe.

MegaBUD
Feb 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
On 2007-02-12 11:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-02-12 11:41, Sychosis wrote:
So many downers...

I know! They don't understand that we share the same updates(of all types) the JP side gets. Even if it's a month or so down the line.

We will get this same update, eventually. Just, have faith, people! Tell SEGA you want this brought over to our side ASAP! I am!

i keep playing/pay for this game only because i steal so many sega game...

Kimil
Feb 12, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-02-12 11:38, Jae wrote:

W/e, Let the quitters quit. Fucking Pansies

JAFO22000
Feb 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
This is great news! I would definitely assume that they are going to bring this over to the NA servers. It seems that they are taking a huge stand against this problem. I hope that it works and they are able to re-stablize the PC/PS2 side.

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
Inform any innocent people! Don't get them banned!

February
Feb 12, 2007, 02:48 PM
I'm interested to see what this brings. Obviously it can lead to a lot less cheating, but will members who left end up coming back if this works out? It'd be nice to have at least a slightly larger community again.

Golto
Feb 12, 2007, 02:48 PM
When it comes to missions/items etc we are over 2 months behind JPN. With the 'techinical difficulties' increase this to 10-11 weeks behind. But we do get the bigfix type of updates sooner thank good.

Aaron777
Feb 12, 2007, 02:50 PM
this is great news! finally....hackers will finally be handed the all-mighty ban cannon the way they deserve. I only wish I could see the looks on thier faces...

Lyrise
Feb 12, 2007, 02:54 PM

That is the original source of all this wonderful information. The fun part is that according to the other boards, anything that doesn't drop currently, all have their stats slightly modified, as to pick off those who think they can get away with hacking the synth boards (Someone had mentioned a hacked 2 headed Ragnus was different than the real thing).

In any case, or rather, this occurance, anyone caught with unreleased weapons got temp suspensions. This was the warning shot that ensures fair treatment for all, even those unknowingly caught in the mess. And as Itsuki has explained, that is the process they're going to follow.

Para
Feb 12, 2007, 02:55 PM
I definitely want to see what edrama this will bring lol. Sadly, there's a chance that hackers will fight back against sega for having poor security but atleast if SEGA figures out how to detect the dupes + illegal weapons, hopefully there will be frequent sweeps for these items to keep the server clean.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 12, 2007, 02:55 PM

Any word on repeated offenses with such items? One freebie, then what happens?

MegaBUD
Feb 12, 2007, 02:56 PM
Mmmm if they ban the hacker... all universe will be empty... omg! uni2 with only 4*

Lyrise
Feb 12, 2007, 02:57 PM
Repeat offenses no matter how minor result in the same penalty as a major offense - permanent banning (Not account deletion, they need your account intact to keep your serial key BLOCKED)

Garnet_Moon
Feb 12, 2007, 02:59 PM

Good to hear! This is wonderful news for our population. It could keep people around, and it could bring people back. It could also not change anybody's mind who has either quit, going to quit, or whatever. I feel better now though, so i'm gonna keep renewing.

Itsuki
Feb 12, 2007, 03:00 PM
The fun part is that according to the other boards, anything that doesn't drop currently, all have their stats slightly modified, as to pick off those who think they can get away with hacking the synth boards (Someone had mentioned a hacked 2 headed Ragnus was different than the real thing).

Thats interesting to note. I hadn't noticed too much of a difference with the new stats. But I know how the stats are handled. Certain of the weapon stats are independent of the actual weapon. Some of these invisible to the player. A good example is the fact that max PP is completely independent of the weapon. So a weapon hacked before the item is implemented might continue to have different stats than after it was implemented.

But I don't know if this still holds true for weapons hacked after the item was implemented. And I really wonder if weapons can still be hacked at all.

Pure-chan
Feb 12, 2007, 03:02 PM

...Am I the only one who finds the prospect of this hawt? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 03:02 PM
I like how.. I'm a part of a community that cares.

<3

Para
Feb 12, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:02, RyukiZero wrote:
I like how.. I'm a part of a community that cares.

<3

Omg me too! Share the love yo! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 03:10 PM
Nukei hacks.

No one randomly gives me two nice presents at my photo meets >.>

Itsuki
Feb 12, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:08, Nukei wrote:
For JP? =o I thought not many people over there did "hacking."

Not many people do. And those that did, tended to stay very quiet about it. But around last thursday/friday, very obviously hacked items started appearing in shops. 11*, 12*, shops with tons of 10*s, etc.

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:12, Nukei wrote:
You were supposed to give them to the people at the meet o.o Didn't you? xD

There weren't any contests being held. I said that >.>

magenta
Feb 12, 2007, 03:19 PM
damit dam sega.. my fetish with looking into peoples inventories and catching them out will come to an end... curse you sega.

Lyrise
Feb 12, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:08, Nukei wrote:
For JP? =o I thought not many people over there did "hacking."

But yeah, once the economy or w/e becomes normal, Har/Quick will be able to be bought in shops >:o

It wasn't widespread, and was really low-profile. Though ironically, I did find a shop selling Psycho wand, Love Inferno and Kohibumiteri. At least the shop ad was nice enough to state that those indeed were cheated.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 03:22 PM

I'm confused. SO, if a weapon is gained in this manner it's not going to be wiped? Or does it just mean if say, a Crea Doubles was gained this way it won't be wiped because it can be dropped. I really have no idea what this means!??!?!

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-02-12 12:24 ]</font>

foamcup
Feb 12, 2007, 03:23 PM
It's a little late, but it's a step in the right direction! If I can get this mess with my account being expired even though I paid straightened out, I'll stick around for a while.

DurakkenX
Feb 12, 2007, 03:24 PM
Personally I'd like them to briefly set a realtively low mst cap and wipe out most of the extra mst floating around... too bad anyone that earned it legitimately would be hurt by it. Of course one could see that as long as more mst isn't introduced the flow will normalize as people are buying scapes with it and if they do it at a regular rate enough it'll take out plenty in a few months hopefully.

magenta
Feb 12, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:22, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

I'm confused. SO, if a weapon is gained in this manner it's not going to be wiped? I really have no idea what this means!??!?!

THE JACKEL

unreleased weapons will have their stats modified, so when someone hacks the board and creates the weapon there will be differnces they can look for and slap the suspension on offender

GreenArcher
Feb 12, 2007, 03:25 PM
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Sounds like very good news. Will Sega follow through with their plans? Find out on the next episode of Phantasy Star Universe

....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

foamcup
Feb 12, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:25, Green_Archer3 wrote:
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Sounds like very good news. Will Sega follow through with their plans? Find out on the next episode of Phantasy Star Universe

....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

LAWL

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:25, magenta wrote:

I'm confused. SO, if a weapon is gained in this manner it's not going to be wiped? I really have no idea what this means!??!?!

THE JACKEL

unreleased weapons will have their stats modified, so when someone hacks the board and creates the weapon there will be differnces they can look for and slap the suspension on offender

alright, so current ones out there will be different from the ones that get released, and so then cut out of the server, and any produced in the future will be that different. But what about hacked Crea Doubles and Halarods through this manner?

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-02-12 12:29 ]</font>

Itsuki
Feb 12, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:25, magenta wrote:

THE JACKEL

Explained in a bit more detail:

If the item, when it was hacked, was unreleased. They can tell, and it can be whiped. Even if it is now released.

If the item, when it was hacked, was released already. Then they can't always tell. And some may get through fine.

Ether
Feb 12, 2007, 03:31 PM
More preferential treatment for the JP servers. English players have been cheating since December and Sega barely does anything, but the JP players start cheating, and the game gets patched within a week? I doubt Juan has enough time to perform audits on every single US PC account

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
alright, so if I gained a crea doubles through someone else and don't know how it originated, I wouldn't get banned for it if it's hacked because it is a released weapon. So basically, you'll get banned for having unreleased weapons and that's it?

THE JACKEL

Aaron777
Feb 12, 2007, 03:39 PM
No, if yiou recieved a crea doubles from someone else and it was hacked you will more than likely be banned. And would you really want to chance it anyhow? If it's released already there is a smaller chance of you being caught but not by much. if you really don't know where an item came from then don't keep it.

JAFO22000
Feb 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:31, Ether wrote:
More preferential treatment for the JP servers. English players have been cheating since December and Sega barely does anything, but the JP players start cheating, and the game gets patched within a week? I doubt Juan has enough time to perform audits on every single US PC account

Um....it takes time to figure out what the problem is, then come up with a plan to fix it. Then of course they have to write code (I would assume) to rectify the situation and then test it to ensure it doesn't affect other aspects of gameplay.

This takes longer than a week, so I don't think that they just started working on fixing this problem last Tuesday.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
that's kinda dumb. I go to a shop looking for crimson lines, and I see a halarod up for 50mil. So I buy it. Now I could get banned for that? Well it's only a temp ban so whatever. I think it's worth the risk, I have plenty of other games to play if I get temp banned for that.

THE JACKEL

Itsuki
Feb 12, 2007, 03:45 PM
I dunno, judging by how the US server handles things, I wouldn't say THE JACKEL is really in much danger. The US server doesn't have the resouces to do as extensive of something. More than likely it will just be a broad wipe and you'll just get to sign on and see if your items still exist. And only bans for unreleased stuff. We don't even know if the US server will take the same update as the JP server did yet. I think time will tell.

I don't think many people realize quite how fresh this is. Servers came back up at 5:30am EST.

Golto
Feb 12, 2007, 03:50 PM
I do find it strange that they do fix things on JPN server only when it becomes widespread on US server. Resetting to reuse uses on synth boards, clothing glitching ,and now hacked items.

Itsuki
Feb 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
the synth board thing was originally worse than it was on the US and was "fixed" before the US server even went up. It just takes time for some of this stuff to be fixed.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 03:51 PM
ok well, I hope I'm not in danger of that, but like I said, whatever. It is only temporary, and I have other things to do if it happens in the meantime. Who knows, afterwards, maybe I'll come back to a bunch of new things and I'll have a lot more to do lol... I'm not very worried though, all I have is a Crea Doubles I made, and a Halarod I bought from a store. So if anything screws me over, it's the Halarod.

THE JACKEL

Golto
Feb 12, 2007, 03:56 PM
Not the 'reset to cancel the finished fail snyth to get the use back trick' That wasn't fixed for awhile. The reset trick to keep on trying to get success was fixed though.

Shaidar
Feb 12, 2007, 04:10 PM
This is good news. Good news make me happy. ^_____^

Really, great to hear some action is being taken at last.

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 04:13 PM

How might a Serial Key block work over here if there's no CD Key to be found?

And as a side note; You guys thought your population was low before, but imagine how many people are hanging onto hacked stuff XD. That's like, a quarter of your population.

Kudos to Sega for doing something other than forcing their customers to take it up the rear.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
I just thought about this, and hackers could seriously screw people over. If they ban for anything hacked, I know hackers can make room decos. They could go around putting up hacked decos all over the place... everyone fill your deco slots lol

(shhh let me add to the madness!)

THE JACKEL

kazuma56
Feb 12, 2007, 04:17 PM
aside from meseta I don't think many people were walking around with 11-12 star weapons... at least, not in the many uni 2 games I was in, unless people "hacked" in A ranks for some odd reason.

Reginaldo
Feb 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-02-12 13:02, Nukei wrote:

On 2007-02-12 12:39, Aaron777 wrote:
No, if yiou recieved a crea doubles from someone else and it was hacked you will more than likely be banned.

How will they know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's what I want to know. Unless there is some kinda of unique encrypted information in EVERY weapon which I highly doubt then no Crea Doubles will get deleted. They all have the same exact stats.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 04:21 PM
kazuma, to my knowledge, most people after the first run of bannings that had those weapons, did not use them publically. They may have had them on their character, but just weren't using them.

THE JACKEL

Shaidar
Feb 12, 2007, 04:22 PM
I bet all weapons have unique item IDs or something. Not like I've bothered checking up on it though, so it's just a guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-02-12 13:23 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Feb 12, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-02-12 13:20, Reginaldo wrote:

On 2007-02-12 13:02, Nukei wrote:

On 2007-02-12 12:39, Aaron777 wrote:
No, if yiou recieved a crea doubles from someone else and it was hacked you will more than likely be banned.

How will they know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's what I want to know. Unless there is some kinda of unique encrypted information in EVERY weapon which I highly doubt then no Crea Doubles will get deleted. They all have the same exact stats.

Actually the hacked verison apparantly have different stats from the real McCoy from what it sounds like. I've also heard that the hacked one are uneffected by stat changes in the servers setup if they change stats on a particular S-rank or two can't confirm though

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 04:27 PM
see, but what happens is they change the boards, and then a weapon coems out, a perfectly "legit" item. If the S rank was already released, it's exactly the same. If it wasn't, they're changing the stats, then releasing the item. This leads me to believe that any weapon that is obtainable, and is hacked, will stick around. Luckily, this is about... 3 weapons right? So really it's not that big of a deal.

THE JACKEL

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
I know someone who has a hacked item, and I hope he gets banned.

Mainly because, he flaunted it, and then me and some others witnessed it, he took it out of his palette.

Can you guess what it is?

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 04:37 PM
Except, if you actually read the topic, it states that ALL 10*, 11* and 12* weapons will be wiped. Any weapons which were hacked while the item was unreleased will be removed as well, as it's a simple task to to pick them out. It's the ones that were hacked AFTER they were released that will be causing problems.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 04:37 PM
you could be nice to him, and tell him to drop the weapon ASAP so he doesn't get banned.

THE JACKEL

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-02-12 13:37, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
you could be nice to him, and tell him to drop the weapon ASAP so he doesn't get banned.

THE JACKEL

Why be nice to a person who hacked the item himself?

-Ryuki-
Feb 12, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-02-12 13:45, Nukei wrote:
Because "hackers" are people to. They feel, they love, they breath, they die, they cry.

The item was Ank Butti.

But they try to manipulate the game.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-02-12 13:37, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Except, if you actually read the topic, it states that ALL 10*, 11* and 12* weapons will be wiped. Any weapons which were hacked while the item was unreleased will be removed as well, as it's a simple task to to pick them out. It's the ones that were hacked AFTER they were released that will be causing problems.

correct, like halarods and crea doubles hacked after they were released. I just think there will end up being a bunch of those, and that's about it. It's not that bag a deal of 2 S ranks are widespread. There are a ton of others unreleased yet.

THE JACKEL

Yuicihi
Feb 12, 2007, 04:51 PM
Problem is, the server wipe is a 'quick fix'.
Hacking, at least in the PC/PS2 servers, will always be there. Future weapons are always able to be obtained by hacking in PSU.

Almalexia
Feb 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yea so there is a possibilty I wasted 60$ for the jp version. Oh what the hell, I own ALL three versions anyway.

I do HOPE this brings people back to PC/PS2 community, or atleast intice some new ones to join.

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-02-12 13:49, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-02-12 13:37, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

correct, like halarods and crea doubles hacked after they were released. I just think there will end up being a bunch of those, and that's about it. It's not that bag a deal of 2 S ranks are widespread. There are a ton of others unreleased yet.

THE JACKEL

Ah, I thought you were talking about several of the unreleased weapons staying on the server.

I misunderstood, and I apologize.

pso123hrf
Feb 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
Wtf if they suspend you, and your account is activated, then they are wasting your play time and getting an extra money in their pockets...

:3

akratic
Feb 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:45, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I dunno, judging by how the US server handles things,.... The US server doesn't have the resouces to do as extensive of something.Why doesn't it?

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-02-12 14:14, pso123hrf wrote:
Wtf if they suspend you, and your account is activated, then they are wasting your play time and getting an extra money in their pockets...

:3

Indeed. They should refund the money of the hackers they are suspending. They've done nothing wrong.

EDIT: </sarcasmn>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-12 14:25 ]</font>

desolant11
Feb 12, 2007, 05:37 PM
well i'm not fighting with 360 people today. but i just wanted to say... i knew it. too late or not the smart quitters will come back while they still only have a few hours played on other systems or games. it was a shame to leave all your efforts behind last week but fear not. you're still well within the time period to continue your accounts.

Parn
Feb 12, 2007, 05:46 PM
On 2007-02-12 12:31, Ether wrote:
I usually am pretty positive about things, but I can't help but share this sentiment. The US PC/PS2 servers have been messed with for the last month and a half, and nothing happened to fix it. The moment the JP hackers get a little too big for their britches, suddenly there's emergency server maintenance and a fix to address the problem? Why the hell hasn't there ever been any emergency maintenance for the US servers?

The timing is just way too convenient. When I bought PSU, I was coming in expecting some semblence of fair treatment, but it seems nothing has changed. I overlooked the segregated servers. I overlooked the increasing gap between our updates and theirs. Now there's this situation, which is positive and all, but is only coming about because it affects the Japanese. It wasn't a concern until now. We're getting their table scraps.

I'm really going to have to think about whether I'm going to continue playing at this point. I'm not sure I want to continue supporting a company that treats a portion of their customers like unwanted step-children, especially after having spent ridiculous amounts of money on their products. I've bought damn near every version of this game and PSO, import and domestic, and I love these games, but I think I'm a little tired of this racist crap.

Jae
Feb 12, 2007, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's racist. It's more likely incompetence and/or laziness on Sega of America's part. You see Sega of Japan and Sega of America are two different entities.

What appears to be happening is that SoJ notices that people are being unruly on their servers and they do something about it pronto. SoJ releases a patch and SoA says, "Oh hey Juan a patch is out, let's apply it to our servers too! Sweet we're all fixed up again. Thanks SoJ, we couldn't code our way of a paper bag without you!"

Your assessment of "table scraps" seems to be spot on. Then again I could be way off on this one. /shrug

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2007-02-12 14:56 ]</font>

Vergil_Sparda
Feb 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
Sega got pwnt by Parn >_>. Nevertheless this update is alot better than nothing at all, even though Parn has a good point I'm happy Sega is atleast TRYING to stop the hackers <_<.

Maybe now they'll do something about our unstable economy. Well.....one can hope can't they?

Almalexia
Feb 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's racist. It's more likely incompetence and/or laziness on Sega of America's part. You see Sega of Japan and Sega of America are two different entities.

What appears to be happening is that SoJ notices that people are being unruly on their servers and they do something about it pronto. SoJ releases a patch and SoA says, "Oh hey Juan a patch is out, let's apply it to our servers too! Sweet we're all fixed up again. Thanks SoJ, we couldn't code our way of a paper bag without you!"

Your assessment of "table scraps" seems to be spot on. Then again I could be way off on this one. /shrug

I'm afraid not. SoJ has authority over SoA. All major gaming developers in Japan have authority over thier regional branches. If SoA wants to fix things, it must through SoJ first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-12 14:58 ]</font>

Jae
Feb 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
Well that's just a bag of ass. What exactly does SoA do then?

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 05:59 PM
uhm... nothing? lol

THE JACKEL

Parn
Feb 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
They localize games. Regardless of their position, Sonic Team knew of our situation here, Sega of America or not. There's no possible way they wouldn't have known.

This really, really makes me sad. I love this game so much, but I do not love being treated as a second-rate customer, especially when the US playerbase represents half of their online subscribers (counting 360 and PS2/PC together).

*sigh*

DikkyRay
Feb 12, 2007, 06:03 PM
I dont understand why people get so upset over what SoA is doing, and when people get antsy over the jp getting stuff that we dont.
Lets face it people, theyare both doing their best. You are forgetting that server maintenence is not easy business. YOU may think it is a walk i the park, but you arent doing it yourself.
Think about it this way, A player hacks items, and distributes the code to do so among others, so SoA tries to find a patch to solve it. But by the time they do so, another code is found, so SoA has to go and try and fix that patch. Its a continueous thing. Hopefully We will get the same thing soon

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
It can't be as difficult as you make it out to be if they can get wind of the problem and remedy the situation within 5 days.

SoJ has control over all of its subsidiaries. No matter what SoA wants to do, SoJ must approve it. At this point it seems that unless it affects their Japanese customers they really don't care, which is crushing to people who truly enjoy the game. I can only liken this to picking teams for a soccer game. SoJ holds the Japanese above all else, and would sooner ignore their larger markets to make sure they get thier friends. Then the gym teacher forces them to pick the athletically challeneged kid, and they do so very tactlessly.

"Well, I guess since we're doing it anyway, you can go ahead and apply this update to your servers too."

More and more, Sega looks like my old step father. His kids first, then my mom, then his car, and then me.

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-02-12 15:07, Aaron777 wrote:
reimburse hackers? You have got to be kidding...Give me a break. They don't deserve a dime and should be brought up on some sort of charges. Who the hell are you speaking for? Hackers are scum and I hope they all get wiped out from this.

You know, I edited the </sarcasm> tag in for a reason.

Aaron777
Feb 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
oops! my bad...didn't see that man. My apologies!

Jae
Feb 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-02-12 15:03, DikkyRay wrote:
I dont understand why people get so upset over what SoA is doing, and when people get antsy over the jp getting stuff that we dont.
Lets face it people, theyare both doing their best. You are forgetting that server maintenence is not easy business. YOU may think it is a walk i the park, but you arent doing it yourself.
Think about it this way, A player hacks items, and distributes the code to do so among others, so SoA tries to find a patch to solve it. But by the time they do so, another code is found, so SoA has to go and try and fix that patch. Its a continueous thing. Hopefully We will get the same thing soon

Eh. Sega has had 6-7 years of practice dealing with these amateur hackers and still can't get it right. You would expect some level of service considering the initial price of the game, monthly fee and whatever revenue Sega still generates. Still using ye olde GameGuard rootkit after the debacle that was PSOBB? Come on.

I've been vastly impressed with WoW, Guild Wars, and hell even City of Heroes as far as dev response goes. Cheats are not widespread and are usually squashed quickly when they arise. I don't know what makes PSU that much more difficult to patch than these games, but the lackluster policing we get in PSU seems inexcusable unless Sega is just 5 guys in a garage with a couple Pentium 3 PCs set up as a servers.

But to each his own. I play mostly WoW these days, but I'm stuck with an active sub until my 6-months is up. So the state of the game still matters to me. Somewhat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Feb 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
I don't know what makes PSU that much more difficult to patch than these games, but the lackluster policing we get in PSU seems inexcusable unless Sega is just 5 guys in a garage with a couple Pentium 3 PCs set up as a servers.

It's still not really excusable in that case, either, as Sega would still be at fault for improperly staffing and not providing the proper equipment.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 12, 2007, 06:50 PM
lol i just noticed this thread. 3 months late ftw. :|

isahn80
Feb 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
When would they actually be searching for these items? During maintenance? Well, since I highly doubt the U.S. servers will ever get "emergency maintenance;" that means you could predict when these searches would be taking place and then go and ditch them in a run or something and then re-create them after it's over. If someone knows what they're doing they can have a full batch of 32 S-ranks created in under half an hour.

Or can they search for them at any time? I'm just curious because I want to know if they're serious about doing something effective for a change. People on the JP server that had these S-ranks were caught with their pants down because of the emergency maintenance, so naturally that was effective. But will they really go that far here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-02-12 16:01 ]</font>

Soukosa
Feb 12, 2007, 07:09 PM
That's assuming they haven't fixed the exploit. Remember, the JP servers got alot more than just a GG update and all unreleased weapons cleaned out.

Alot of you also seem to be rather ignorant as to what JP players are capable of doing. I know from experience with other games that the Japanese tend to be much more skilled and likely to find exploits in games like this than that of Western players. The games being much more popular over there only makes it all that much worse too. I'm sure people have been hacking weapons into existance long before it was figured out on the EN servers but since they're tied to the serial number system they'd be much less likely to show it off due to what would happen if banned. Pretty sure ST/SoJ was aware of it as well but probably decided to wait upon taking care of it til they were ready to fix it. To fix some of the exploits the game has isn't something you can do over night, it can take awhile. ST isn't some massive developer, they can only have so many people working on the game while keeping the game up to date to satisfy the ever picky emo freaks that happen to play their creation.

isahn80
Feb 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-02-12 16:09, Sounomi wrote:
ST isn't some massive developer, they can only have so many people working on the game while keeping the game up to date to satisfy the ever picky emo freaks that happen to play their creation.

LMFAO

But what you say is true, I forgot client-side updates were mentioned earlier in the thread. Perhaps they will permanantly fix the exploit, but I suppose only time will tell.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 12, 2007, 07:49 PM
All of a suden we're the enemies? I don't know, i think this is all good news great news, but more and more i feel as if, well what Parn and what others are saying is some what true, the Neglect is setting in.

I'm not sure, as we keep speaking out opinions and concerns ST is getting the message little and little. Ugh i don't know. It's all so silly and confusing now.

One hand i have faith that ST cares, they ARE doing something. I mean we ARE getting updates and this new safety update would be real good for us right?

Other hand, why not sooner? Why not now? Will we wait two months for this update? (doesn't GG update world-wide?)

Why don't we get the customer support that other RPGs get?

Once again I say: Are we wrong for wanting changes? Are we wrong for complaining?

Parn
Feb 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand account cancelled. Was a fun run, guys. Amusingly enough, the Xbox Live representative was talking with me in between all the usual formalities, and he said he didn't like PSU, liked PSO on Dreamcast more, and we talked about the old Phantasy Star games for a short while. I still like PSU, but... meh, you heard me ramble already. Kind of a sad day, heh...

I may return if US customers are treated better... going to stick around and keep my eyes peeled. Have fun, all!

BLACKR0SE
Feb 12, 2007, 08:08 PM
is parn liek special or something

Sychosis
Feb 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Retehi
Feb 12, 2007, 08:10 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:07, Parn wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaand account cancelled. Was a fun run, guys. Amusingly enough, the Xbox Live representative was talking with me in between all the usual formalities, and he said he didn't like PSU, liked PSO on Dreamcast more, and we talked about the old Phantasy Star games for a short while. I still like PSU, but... meh, you heard me ramble already. Kind of a sad day, heh...

I may return if US customers are treated better... going to stick around and keep my eyes peeled. Have fun, all!

Pretty much the same thing I did, 'cept I'm on the PC version.

Gryffin
Feb 12, 2007, 08:14 PM
Alas, what a tangled world has been created betwixt the evils of hacking and neglect, poo I say, poo towards the hackers, and may Sega give us this update so we can live peacefully with our legitimate items.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Im sad to see the legit people dropping...It makes me upset that Sega won't give us immediate attention when we need it most. Its kind of like when your baking a cake, the oven catches on fire and instead of putting it out, you walk over to your neighbors house and use their oven.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-02-12 17:16 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Feb 12, 2007, 08:16 PM

So you and Parn cancelled your Xbox 360 accounts, your PC/PS2 accounts, or both?

Parn
Feb 12, 2007, 08:24 PM
Both have basically been cancelled. I'm not paying $10/month anymore for Japanese server maintenance, is the gist of it. Heh...

Retehi
Feb 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:16, SolomonGrundy wrote:

So you and Parn cancelled your Xbox 360 accounts, your PC/PS2 accounts, or both?

Dunno about Parn, I just worded myself bad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just hearing about this sorta sealed the deal on me canceling my account. Not about updates, or hackers, just the fact the way the PC/PS2 servers are treated as second rate commoners.

Nor do I have the time to really play anymore. But oh well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Feb 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:24, Parn wrote:
Both have basically been cancelled. I'm not paying $10/month anymore for Japanese server maintenance, is the gist of it. Heh...

Gib rarz?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Parn
Feb 12, 2007, 08:31 PM
If you want some 3 star items, sure! My account's valid until the 3rd of March. I can pay you back the 10K you gave me to get churched up, which I appreciate a lot, BTW.

Eliash
Feb 12, 2007, 08:33 PM
I predict that a 'Parn' Partner Card will increase in value shortly...

Sychosis
3 stars?! Hot damn!

But with my still wearing 4 star armor I shouldn't be talking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You don't have to pay me back though, it was a gift http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SolomonGrundy
On 2007-02-12 17:31, Parn wrote:
If you want some 3 star items, sure! My account's valid until the 3rd of March. I can pay you back the 10K you gave me to get churched up, which I appreciate a lot, BTW.

yeah, with your luck, the patch that comes out the 2nd will make you want to keep playing

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 12, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:27, Retehi wrote:
Just hearing about this sorta sealed the deal on me canceling my account. Not about updates, or hackers, just the fact the way the PC/PS2 servers are treated as second rate commoners.

basically anything ST does is bad. They're doing something to get rid of hackers, albeit with the Japan servers first, which have A LOT MORE PLAYERS, and it's a bad thing. Idk about you guys, but if I'm Sega and I have a lot of players, I want to keep them around, rather than trying to clean up another community hoping it brings people in. I've come to the conclusion that people will hate every decision Sega makes, it's almost like Sega was the president of the US, everything he does is bad, no matter who is in charge.

THE JACKEL

Retehi
Feb 12, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:35, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-02-12 17:27, Retehi wrote:

basically anything ST does is bad. They're doing something to get rid of hackers, albeit with the Japan servers first, which have A LOT MORE PLAYERS, and it's a bad thing. Idk about you guys, but if I'm Sega and I have a lot of players, I want to keep them around, rather than trying to clean up another community hoping it brings people in. I've come to the conclusion that people will hate every decision Sega makes, it's almost like Sega was the president of the US, everything he does is bad, no matter who is in charge.

THE JACKEL

Actually, I was supporting them every way, in every decision they made, up until now. It just goes to show we're 3nd tier players. Please don't go trying to make me sound like every other whino here, mmmk?

Parn
Feb 12, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:35, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Idk about you guys, but if I'm Sega and I have a lot of players, I want to keep them around, rather than trying to clean up another community hoping it brings people in.
That logic is flawed, though. If they had been trying to clean up the problems on the US servers to begin with, then the S rank hacking would have been fixed BEFORE it started taking place on the JP servers. And that's why I'm angry with them.

By the way, with the PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 servers combined, there are just as many Japanese customers as there are the rest of the world. I don't think it's too much to ask to be given equal treatment, heh...

It's true, you can't please everyone. But you certainly aren't going to please US players if they're paying MORE in monthly fees than the Japanese, yet get LESS service.

At this point, this is really getting depressing, so I'm going to let the issue drop. Game on everyone, and have fun.

BigSword
Feb 12, 2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah. Looking forward to a cleaner game personally.

kazuma56
Feb 12, 2007, 11:23 PM
hurray for supposed increased security... i'd rather get this then nothing like PSOBB and the incarnations before it.

McLaughlin
Feb 12, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-02-12 17:33, Sychosis wrote:
3 stars?! Hot damn!

But with my still wearing 4 star armor I shouldn't be talking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You don't have to pay me back though, it was a gift http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I synthed him a half decent Twin Buster and an alright Busterline.

Gonna be worth a lot once I get him to sign them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aixiao
Feb 12, 2007, 11:41 PM
I'm hopeful for this 'update'. However, Parn has made me see some points I'd never thought of. Now I see the situation in a whole new light.

Siertes
Feb 12, 2007, 11:50 PM
Not exactly sure how to take this news. Parn made some good points, but I'm still not sure on the whole thing. Of course I canceled my account days ago, but perhaps it gives me some hope for renewal.

foamcup
Feb 13, 2007, 12:03 AM
On 2007-02-12 17:33, Eliash wrote:

I've got his card on PC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

VanHalen
Feb 13, 2007, 12:04 AM
On 2007-02-12 21:03, foamcup wrote:

On 2007-02-12 17:33, Eliash wrote:

I've got his card on PC. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

PMB960
Feb 13, 2007, 01:44 AM
This is probably why the update was held off for 3 weeks. Sega is probably waiting to see the effects of this update to see how effective it is then when all the bugs are worked out we will get it. Exactly like how they fixed all the other bugs in this game. If Sega really does crack down on hackers I look forward to a bigger population for the US PC/PS2 servers although I will continue to play even if people don't join.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 01:56 AM
Good point. Could be a 3-week break to sort out the guilty.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 03:01 AM
Parn's just mad because I'm not on the 360 server with him.

That's all.

<3

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
This info is hot, so this is called a bump to page one for a new crowd of peopl eon their off day today to read it. :3

berryshadow
Feb 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
sega wont ban those hackers in US sevser.
they only will delete those weps from the game.

Dhylec
Feb 13, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:12, berryshadow wrote:

Maybe you read through the posts too quickly, but one of them saying there will be so.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=135173&forum=20&start=25&50#26

berryshadow
Feb 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:16, Dhylec wrote:

Maybe you read through the posts too quickly, but one of them saying there will be so.

think about it,80%+ PSU player atleast has 1 or 2 unlegit weps in thier bank or pocket. If sega ban those ppl for hacking,then the game will have only 20% or less ppl left. regardless of sega banning or not, sega will lose more ppl in the process.

Itoshi
Feb 13, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-02-13 15:30, berryshadow wrote:

On 2007-02-13 10:16, Dhylec wrote:

think about it,80%+ PSU player atleast has 1 or 2 unlegit weps in thier bank or pocket. If sega ban those ppl for hacking,then the game will have only 20% or less ppl left. regardless of sega banning or not, sega will lose more ppl in the process.

You didn't read it again >.>

They're only taking away unreleased items. I don't think 80% of the population has a unreleased item in their pocket and/ or bank. The only people that will get banned are the ones that have the illegal items, which would either be hackers, users that are abusing exploits or a idiot that is to ignorant to coprehend that its hacked and do some research on it to find out.

Para
Feb 13, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-02-13 00:01, RyukiZero wrote:

That's all.

<3

Nah Parn wanted to erase any possibility of rejoining you in the PSU excistance which is why he quit.

Dhylec
Feb 13, 2007, 07:00 PM
Hm, you sound pessimistic. While I'm not Sega, I don't know the real number of players who have hacked items, but the initial bans are mere suspensions. Once the auditing is done, the real perma-bans should be in.

Those who aren't hackers would supposedly spared. So yes, there might be a short time when many players (good or bad) might not be able to play. But once lifted, I see legit, non-hacking players players returning. That's a good thing.

_Deliverance_
Feb 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
Sah-Weeeeeet! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Axle-Gear
Feb 13, 2007, 08:29 PM
It shouldnt of been allowed to get to this position in the first place...

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 09:23 PM
On 2007-02-13 15:38, Para wrote:

On 2007-02-13 00:01, RyukiZero wrote:

That's all.

<3

Nah Parn wanted to erase any possibility of rejoining you in the PSU excistance which is why he quit.

Pssst. As much of a joke that was, I didn't find it funny.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 13, 2007, 09:26 PM
81% of players have unlegit or hacked items? Hmm... 8 out of ten people?

I would honestly like to test out that theory. I think that's abit high non?

Kimil
Feb 13, 2007, 09:36 PM
81%? Not likely

Squall179
Feb 13, 2007, 09:52 PM
What does this do about money, because I suspect the money from a loan I got from a buddy online.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 10:21 PM
I'm a legit player. I didn't like it one bit when I had that Sonic Deco, especially the fact that it randomly appeared in my room.

Hacked meseta? When someone handed me 20 million, I was surprised at first, and then stored it. When I came to realize it was fake, I felt dirty. Disgusted. You know what I did? Made a game, dropped it all, and left.

I came out, telling people that, and I was called stupid. =)

PMB960
Feb 13, 2007, 10:43 PM
Eh my friend did the same thing when someone gave him 10 mil. I would do the samething too. Honestly though I haven't seen anyone with an S-rank weapon.

Rashiid
Feb 13, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-02-13 19:21, RyukiZero wrote:
I'm a legit player. I didn't like it one bit when I had that Sonic Deco, especially the fact that it randomly appeared in my room.

Hacked meseta? When someone handed me 20 million, I was surprised at first, and then stored it. When I came to realize it was fake, I felt dirty. Disgusted. You know what I did? Made a game, dropped it all, and left.

I came out, telling people that, and I was called stupid. =)

glad to see some good ppl in this game!
(...man that was stupid......)

jk-ing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Parn
Feb 13, 2007, 11:12 PM
So I've been talking to Shimarisu on Live through some messaging, and she cleared up a lot of things. The gist of it is that I was premature in thinking Sonic Team was being racist with the patching issue, and that they really are that slow with patching their own game, heh. Therefore, my subscription will be renewed, and I'm not leaving after all.

Phew.

foamcup
Feb 14, 2007, 12:05 AM
On 2007-02-13 20:12, Parn wrote:
So I've been talking to Shimarisu on Live through some messaging, and she cleared up a lot of things. The gist of it is that I was premature in thinking Sonic Team was being racist with the patching issue, and that they really are that slow with patching their own game, heh. Therefore, my subscription will be renewed, and I'm not leaving after all.

Phew.

WOW! Shimarisu stopped bitching about PSU long enough to have a conversation?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Seriously, what a -----.

--
Mod edit: no need to call names or invoke flames here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-14 08:01 ]</font>

kazuma56
Feb 14, 2007, 12:06 AM
The only reason I'm holding on to this "dirty" money is to keep myself afloat... it will dissolve itself within my PM feeding and me buying items form NPC stores... I haven't bought anything with that money that effected the economy (from playershops,random trades etc) and used it purely for my characters sakes... i'll run out as i've spent alot in pm feeding already. I believe I had enough for a sharp twins before dirty money came into my hands... so thats about 80kish of fake ****.

lol, I don't get the Shimarisu hate thats he/she has spread along these boards... but I don't see why one can be resented so much over opinionated statements (always the case in online forums).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2007-02-13 21:08 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 14, 2007, 12:31 AM
Wow. Shimarisu.. I haven't heard that name in forever. >.>;

Sinue_v2
Feb 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
One of the few reasons on the Xbox side of why I'm sticking the PS2/PC servers for the time being.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 14, 2007, 01:03 AM
You people kill me!!!!! the japanese were/are the main hackers of this game !!!!!!Most hacker here get the info from them lmao.

Sychosis
Feb 14, 2007, 01:10 AM
<3 Shim

Sekani
Feb 14, 2007, 01:31 AM
<3 Shim +2

ShadowDragon28
Feb 14, 2007, 05:21 AM
Awesome. I'm glad that it seem ST is going to crackdown on things. I hope the US servers get the same crackdown.

Dumbwits should *not* be selling for 999Mil or giving away duped "Uber-Rares" like they were cheap candy and/or paper clips. It's just lame. Just like the duped meseta crap is LAME.

Super expensive items in player shops is the *main* thing that really ticks me off.

I mean WHY the frak do many players think they can justify selling a A-rank weapon or armor with low % or no % for 100-900 Million? or for 9999999999? Now that is stupid.

btw
<3 Shim

I love her hyper, screaming psycho-like posts and rants. She's like the Sam Kinneson(sp?) of PSU.
Her posts make me laugh (in a good way! i.e. I'm not laughing "at her") http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

To bad she's not on the PC/PS2 servers, I wouldn't mind going on some missions with her.

Alas I don't have an XBox 360 and have no interest in ever getting the console. Ah well, to each her or his own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-02-14 02:35 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 14, 2007, 05:30 AM
She's like the Sam Kinneson(sp?) of PSU.

Kinison was funny and entertianing. Shim wasn't. She was just loud and argumentative.

Senpai
Feb 14, 2007, 05:30 AM
are you the same shadow i play with??

yes i know this is way off topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Senpai on 2007-02-14 02:30 ]</font>

zSW1FT
Feb 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
Sometimes I wish I had the XBOX360 version just to play with some of you guys from PSOW, especially Shim/Parn/DJ Sky. I guess I can still play with Garnet on PC

PMB960
Feb 14, 2007, 10:31 AM
I think most of the people from PSOW still play on the PC version although somehave quit. At the last meet there were 50+ people there. Also most people from Europe couldn't make it since it was about 3am there. So I think the majority of PSOW people are still on the PC.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 15, 2007, 04:44 AM
Yes Sen, I know you. lol.

And IMO I found Shimarisu funny and entertaining in her own way.

ein1983
Feb 15, 2007, 06:09 AM
What happens if say for example someone gives you an item and it turns out to be a hack, you get banned for being a receiver even if you didn't know!!

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 15, 2007, 06:34 AM
that's why it'll only be a temp ban

THE JACKEL

ein1983
Feb 15, 2007, 06:40 AM
Why get banned at all? I can understand if a person was caught making it but just for owning it. I could possible understand if I had say 20 of them but for 1 or 2 thats a bit rash just wipe the weapon!

The only item I have been given is a Crea Doubles by a friend but I was there when he found the board.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 15, 2007, 07:06 AM
then what're you worried about? It's because they can't tell who made the weapons, and just because i have... 6 crea doubles, doesn't make me a hacker. I've traded lot's of good stuff just to get a crea doubles of every element. It's not rash if it's just a temp ban. It's basically sending the signal, if you're not sure where it came from don't accept it. And like I've said before, I doubt they'll do anything to people with weapons that are already released, IE crea doubles and halarods. It's only people in possesion of the other S ranks that may have a problem.

THE JACKEL

zSW1FT
Feb 15, 2007, 08:11 AM
Aren't the doublesabers that drop from S Hive Boss legal now too? Whatever Rucars?