PDA

View Full Version : Nano transformers...

Pentence
Feb 12, 2007, 09:31 PM
I was pondering the implications of such technology today and thought "wow if this thing bends space and time what other tech is there in PSU?".Any thoughts i mean the nano transformer is pretty nifty but imagine the other possibilities.

DarkAeon
Feb 12, 2007, 09:40 PM
Exactly?...

edit: im sorry i don't mean to be rude but it's kind of out there, imaginative thinking i suppose, keep it up i guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkAeon on 2007-02-12 18:41 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2007, 01:27 PM
If youre really curious about the technical aspects of scifi, I suggest reading various books by Isaac Asimov. Hes only the Grand Master of scifi & has inspired various shows, including Star Trek.

Randomness
Feb 17, 2007, 01:36 PM
The logical extension of the device would be a wormhole generator...

And SUVs seem to do that anyways...

Although, I'd love to be able to carry the Gates of Denikaya around with me, and just seal away every enemy that popped up...

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
Actually, nano implies nanobots. Nanobots are small robots implanted under the skin. Yes, little machines actually existing inside you. Nanotechnology has been done in other scifi media & that is what it is. The little circle on Ethan's back is how he accesses turning his clothes on & off. Nanobots can be modified to activate through a button or through though processes (similar to the thinking caps of Robotech).

pineapple
Feb 17, 2007, 02:39 PM
heh, nano doesn't imply nanobots. Nano implies 10^-9, learn your SI prefixes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
The name implies that it makes things a billionth of their normal size. I don't think that's the explanation given in story mode though.

natewifi
Feb 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
nanotransformer's are those annoying, ugly, orange things on your back that don't match your clothe's?

radical_ryan
Feb 17, 2007, 04:32 PM
ive seen a beast doing NANO thingey on stoy mode so >:( to all beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: radical_ryan on 2007-02-17 13:34 ]</font>

radical_ryan
Feb 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
near 2 seeing 1 online but i killed the boss 2 fast

Garnet_Moon
Feb 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
I store all the delicious lolibots I kidnap in my NT.

Uh, I uh, I mean. I mean uh.... *backs away from the thread nice and slowly*

>.>;

Omega_Weltall
Feb 17, 2007, 06:03 PM
probley the same as in Xenosaga. If i remember from the glossary it formed a small wormhole and the weapon materializes from it. How else will KOS-MOS get that huge gun out of no were (SUV anyone?) I see PSU (and some of the older PS games) and Xenosaga haveing alot of similarities.

Spacepest
Feb 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-02-17 13:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:

>.>;

Now Nougami knows where he can stuff his PM when she's really bad. I'll bet you can't see sunlight in your NT backpack. XD

omegapirate2k
Feb 18, 2007, 02:17 AM
On 2007-02-17 13:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:

>.>;

Suffer!!

DurakkenX
Feb 18, 2007, 02:59 AM
v.v really this is a simple matter of linguistics

nano = molecular size (not sure on the exact number, but it's like a billionth of a meter)
trans = change
form = ummm form

What this implies is that the technology changes the molecular structure to a different form. Because it works in molecular space it can not shrink the size of an object...in fact it couldn't do that unless it was either on or below the atomic scale. Transformer implies that it changes the object...not calls it forth through a worm hole.

So what does it do? Basically it analyzes the structure of whatever you are wearing/holding, copies the exact molecular structure of the item and then breaks it down into it base forms and splits all the atoms into non-harmful elements. It is a VERY LARGE HDD with a VERY LARGE power supply. The flash you see is fusion and fision. It just happens at such a small scale that the char doesn't notice anything but the flash of light.

It prolly holds more than 100billion TB of information and is powered most likely by Photons which are more powerful in terms of energy than nucklear fision/fusion and cleaner and safer.

As far as other technology...well if you look at Casts and realize that they can withstand many many things without so much as a dent or ding on them and they can last for hundreds of years AND have very safe power sources.

Not to mention a planetary teleportation system of some sort and the ability to manipulate energy pretty freely. They are quite advanced >.> it makes you wonder why they have such shytty cities and homes.

Shinzakura
Feb 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out how the planets are able to occupy what appears to be the same orbit, all existing within the biozone of their particular star and have not yet managed to rip themselves or their parent star apart, as has already been displayed with whatever moons Moatoob used to have (prior to them impacting against Moatoob's Roche limit).

Maybe there's some sort of photon devices that keep the planets harmonized in the same orbit and keeps the planets combined gravity wells from tearing at the star, preventing the whole thing from going 'splode.

Pentence
Feb 18, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-02-17 10:38, OdinTyler wrote:
Actually, nano implies nanobots. Nanobots are small robots implanted under the skin. Yes, little machines actually existing inside you. Nanotechnology has been done in other scifi media & that is what it is. The little circle on Ethan's back is how he accesses turning his clothes on & off. Nanobots can be modified to activate through a button or through though processes (similar to the thinking caps of Robotech).

Well actualy nano implies small,also ya could waltz over to SEGAS offical PSU page and read EXACTLY what they are.It says that it is a device which bends space and according to all laws space and time are directly related.Thusly if you bend space you also bend time.

Now then as one person mentioned SUVs could be another form of this technology.But also i have a theory that the nano transformer can be used in a variety of ways.Read my History of Gurhal articale.I explain how it helps aid in the transforming process of a beast.

DurakkenX
Feb 18, 2007, 03:34 PM
Pantence... I read your three things... I gotta say you should change disclaimer that says that you try to stay away from opinion as much as possible as almost all of it IS opinion and the history of the races are incredibly wrong. The only one that i'd agree upon would be the monomate one as it's really the only thing that makes sense...

as for nanotransformers... the only thing you have that directly says anything about how it works is one small cut scene. If you know about physics you know that energy can cause bends in space...especially concentrated nucklear energy could definately bend space so what i said still stands. The only other way is that they have tech to create a ZPM that hold another universe practically and I really doubt that's the case as if it was they'd have near infinite energy and not need photons.

shinzakura... it's very simple really... they don't occupy the same orbits... Imagine if earth, venus, and mars mad oval orbits and they were in orbits that are take them around the sun at different angles. that's what is happening. Although this is a precarious orbit it is still possible and would create the triangle alignment....

Randomness
Feb 18, 2007, 03:42 PM
Actually, they can't have the same orbit, or they would ALWAYS be lined up for the Gates...

Pentence
Feb 18, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-02-18 12:34, DurakkenX wrote:
Pantence... I read your three things... I gotta say you should change disclaimer that says that you try to stay away from opinion as much as possible as almost all of it IS opinion and the history of the races are incredibly wrong. The only one that i'd agree upon would be the monomate one as it's really the only thing that makes sense...

as for nanotransformers... the only thing you have that directly says anything about how it works is one small cut scene. If you know about physics you know that energy can cause bends in space...especially concentrated nucklear energy could definately bend space so what i said still stands. The only other way is that they have tech to create a ZPM that hold another universe practically and I really doubt that's the case as if it was they'd have near infinite energy and not need photons.

Well sega says nought on Gurhal other than there was a millenia long war(as far as the history goes).Since sega states PSUs history is not related to the PS series just has tidbits that apear similar i atempted to fill in blanks(so im not sure how its wrong but if ya know sumtin i dont prey do tell).Much like each final fantasy has parts from previous ones but its more like parellel realitys.Also i based the nanotransformer ideas on what sega said on their site not just what we learn from the game.They have a whole section on photons and the nano transformer.

Also the casts evolution is based on real sciences and segas own words about photons.I didnt add it but i was going to also explain the way a photonic crystal structure is used.However I wanted to keep it short and to the point since it is only about the major developments that makes up modern casts.Lastly i have no idea what ya mean by it is "almost all of it IS opinion"i asume you mean it isnt based on anything(which is partialy true since sega says not-a on casts in PSU).That was all done in character(IC) as Pent it was him trying not to put in his opinions.Sega dosent tell how casts work hardly.As such again i just used science and their words to fill in the blanks.

imfanboy
Feb 18, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-02-18 10:31, Shinzakura wrote:
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out how the planets are able to occupy what appears to be the same orbit, all existing within the biozone of their particular star and have not yet managed to rip themselves or their parent star apart, as has already been displayed with whatever moons Moatoob used to have (prior to them impacting against Moatoob's Roche limit).

Maybe there's some sort of photon devices that keep the planets harmonized in the same orbit and keeps the planets combined gravity wells from tearing at the star, preventing the whole thing from going 'splode.

That made my head hurt too, until I thought that maybe they aren't actual planets at all, just large moons, in a subsystem something like Jupiter's subsystem around Sol...

Or the ancients did what they did because they thought it looked cool, and because they could.

Remember, magic appears like technology to the people who are learned in its ways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Take that, Clarke's Law.

Weakness
Feb 19, 2007, 12:15 AM
I would say reading this thread made me smarter...

But the sad reality is that it made me feel dumb as dirt, because I have little to no understanding of physics or astronomy... ironically I am good at billiards.

DurakkenX
Feb 19, 2007, 02:40 AM
On 2007-02-18 18:01, Pentence wrote:
Well sega says nought on Gurhal other than there was a millenia long war(as far as the history goes).Since sega states PSUs history is not related to the PS series just has tidbits that apear similar i atempted to fill in blanks(so im not sure how its wrong but if ya know sumtin i dont prey do tell).Much like each final fantasy has parts from previous ones but its more like parellel realitys.Also i based the nanotransformer ideas on what sega said on their site not just what we learn from the game.They have a whole section on photons and the nano transformer.

Also the casts evolution is based on real sciences and segas own words about photons.I didnt add it but i was going to also explain the way a photonic crystal structure is used.However I wanted to keep it short and to the point since it is only about the major developments that makes up modern casts.Lastly i have no idea what ya mean by it is "almost all of it IS opinion"i asume you mean it isnt based on anything(which is partialy true since sega says not-a on casts in PSU).That was all done in character(IC) as Pent it was him trying not to put in his opinions.Sega dosent tell how casts work hardly.As such again i just used science and their words to fill in the blanks.

It wasn't a millenia long war... this is how it transpired as far as i can tell

At some point over 600 years ago I'm betting probably around 1000 years ago humans created Newmans as a forced evolution. The plan was force all humans into newmans, but due to genetics having strange unforeseen effects increasing the mind decreased the physical body strength of them and thus there became a seperation rather than a change.

I imagine that newmans became a dominant force within science and religion because of this, but because of basic human prejudice newmans never got into politics. Also it can be assumed that the genetic alteration led to newmans being less aggressive and less likely to want to lead in a political manor OR that they just view politics as dumb and that spiritual leadership is better.

The next race to be created was Beasts. This has to be because if casts existed beasts would never have been needed. They were created as slave labor and place on the harsh planet of moatoob to mine. Moatoob is harsh because of weather, but not because of gravity. All three planets are equal in size.

Casts were the last race to be created some time around 700 years ago most likely. Nothing else about Casts can be assumed or known

About 600 years ago the beasts had an uprising on moatoob. This revolt was mostly to just win their freedom from being slaves. Nothing more. They simply wanted to be semi-equal and recognized as a labor force and not as slaves.

This revolt as far as we can tell triggered the other races to realize that they were being treated unequally and they all waged war on each other.

If i remember right...after a while there came an alliance between beasts and casts and humans and newmans. This is mostly because Beasts and Casts are both strong and treated as slave labor. They were pretty much on equal grounds and despite their differences understood each others' plight. Newmans having experience with humans much longer and because they were accepted pretty much as equal or at least an authority in spirituality.

about 100 years agout, most likely what happened was that the casts and newmans rationalized what was happening. The newmans began to speak with humans and try to make them understand casts and newmans. Casts also rationalized what was happening and discussed with the beasts and found that they really didn't want to fight, but be equal. Humans by this time had become use to newmans as religious and spiritual leaders and most likely listened to them. They also probably realized what the newmans said were true. So, a meating was set up, mainly led by Newmans and Casts, but with humans overseeing. Beasts sat on the outskirts trusting the casts. It was then agreed that each of the 3 races would get their own planet. This would work out best to keep tensions down and also it would save the environments from being ruined by several forms of expansion. Humans were given no planet, but mainly because they are adaptable and were spread across the 3 anyways.

The AMF was created from the Cast army mainly because Casts could always be called at a moments notice and can have longer vigils.

Guardians was created mainly as a human venture. While before humans were the trigger of the boiling point, they'd now act as the unification point with th guardians. They were already the overseers in a way so "guardians" made it so they could make sure the others were doing what they should.

There is no info on where the president comes from but i am assuming that they are expressly from the Guardians, mainly because of the guardian's role and the education they get.

Gurhal government pretty much goes

President is over everyone, BUT both the AMF and GUARDIANS have authority over the president under certain circumstances.

The AMF is the government of Parum. They are a military collective. Those casts that are proved to be good at what they do are given higher ranks. Most likely their governing body is a group of generals that decide upon various things.

The convention? of gurhal is government of Neudaiz. The maiden is the ultimate authority and is passed along much like a monarchy because the strongest Technic user usually comes from the same genetic line. There are also 3 "masters" which govern under the maiden and make most of the governing decisions.

Moatoob has no true government, but when a government is needed most likely it is a gathering of the heads of the families with the strongest taking lead over them.

The CoG and the Moatoob families have no authority over the President, but they are part of a 3 part planetary council.

The Guardians function as a force outside of the system and are given legal leeway to enact anyway that way want when in a mission. They also act as a guard to the president and a secondary military force.

A2K
Feb 19, 2007, 03:17 AM
You guys are making way too many assumptions here and your pieces are both riddled with inaccuracies that directly contradict the canon material.

It was stated in the game that nanotransformers function by bending space and time, whether it simply stores them outside our plane or shrinks them as well, I'm uncertain. In either case the name itself may be bit of a misnomer as a result. The SUV weapon system functions by using a long-range nanotransformation between the user and satellites positioned throughout the system. The Confinement Systems are a large-scale version of this technology.

The President of the Guardians is just that--the President of the Guardians. He has no real authority over any planetary government, nor the system's. He is, however, certainly a man of influence mainly because the Guardians is such a large and widespread organization. The Guardians is a private security company that deals with clients on a case-by-case basis for the most part. They have agreements with the planetary governments and are granted police authority when protecting their clients. The cases they deal with are of smaller scale than what the AMF tackles.

The Allied Military Force was created after the alliance and serves to protect the Gurhal System from larger threats such as dangerous rogue organizations and, of course, the SEED. It is funded by all three planetary governments and does NOT rule over Parum. While it is for the most part made up of Casts, there are divisions composed of other races, most often used for the infiltration and intelligence gathering.

Not much is actually stated about Parum's governmental structure, other than the planet's capital being located in Tarcus City and CASTs holding most of the key positions within it.

The Communion of Gurhal is led by the four Light Masters. The Maiden is a figurehead and symbol of the church, and certainly has influence of her own, but does not wield any political power herself nor does she concern herself with political matters.

Moatoob has no centralized government. The closest legal thing they have is regular meetings of the various trade organizations. The rogue families are probably closer in this regard to ruling over the planet; however, they are not officially recognized.

The Alliance Council building can be seen from Holtes City's Central Square. This is, I assume, where representatives from all three planets meet to discuss system-wide matters.

You make way too many assumptions about the circumstances of the war itself. All we know for certain is (1)that it lasted for 500 years and ended 100 years ago with the signing of the Tripartite Treaty, which gave every race except humans the right to rule a planet, and (2) the Beasts were fighting to free themselves of slavery by the humans.

There was an official timeline posted sometime ago that hasn't been translated yet that would probably clear things up further.

DurakkenX
Feb 19, 2007, 03:50 AM
i blame just waking up...

i was pretty sure they never mentioned president as just over guardians but rather that he was a guardian.

And they do make it sound like the government of parum is ran by the AMF

As far as the circumstance to the war and who was created first and all...well it's common sense that that is what happened and also there was something somewhere that did show that the newmans/humans and beasts/casts did ally together during the war.

But anyways the science of PSU makes absolutely no sense when you take it right from them in terms of real physics and most likely is either a translation error or their lack of knowing about physics. I'm betting a combination of both.

A2K
Feb 19, 2007, 04:34 AM
Obel Dallgun is the seventeenth President of the Guardians organization. Think about it for a moment: why would the President of the System, if such an office even exists, reside on Guardians Colony, which is owned by a private corporation? If such an individual were real, why does he not reside on Parum, near the Council building and facilities?

It's not really common sense as it is what makes sense to you. Not that the two are necessarily mutually exclusive but they are separate entities nevertheless.

Take for example, Beasts being created following the Casts. The game doesn't say anything either way about this, but you assume Casts came after because if they had them before, they would have put the Casts to work on Moatoob instead. But consider that Casts are precision machines--working in such extreme environments might make them prone to quite a bit of wear and tear then they may have originally been designed for.

The game makes several remarks about Beasts being distrustful of unfamiliar people, and especially of Casts, perhaps because they're artificial (although having a strong sense of fraternity to those they do know). This throws a bit of a wrench into the whole alliance theory as well.

But anyways the science of PSU makes absolutely no sense when you take it right from them in terms of real physics and most likely is either a translation error or their lack of knowing about physics. I'm betting a combination of both.

Well, it's science fiction. I imagine you're simply supposed to accept these things as laws in the context of the setting and nothing more. I'm fairly certain there aren't any mystical PSU-style photons permeating all of our existence now being bent and controlled by mental energy. What we call photons in our universe is simply light/energy to us.

Pentence
Feb 19, 2007, 03:06 PM
A2K ya got some great points.Also Durakken has some but primarily we have to remember not all of this will make perfect sense.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
Aw, I thought this was gonna be about changing your Silicas to Carbons to Resins to Polymers.....