PDA

View Full Version : Lol, What secret does Sega have against the hackers?!

Kimil
Feb 13, 2007, 12:27 AM
Hello Michael,

We are currently aware of some of the issues that have been happening
within the PSU universe. Unfortunately, I do not think you are going to
get the answer that you are looking for. We tend only to make
announcements once a sweep has been completed. Now, we have been banning
cheaters and others who are choosing to exploit the service, but that is
not all. Unfortunately I can not comment on the precautions that we are
currently undertaking with this title to prevent cheating other than we
are actively looking into this issue and you should see some more action
within the coming weeks.

Thanks,

Juan
SEGA Support

So.... What do you think Sega has up it's sleeve? lol

VanHalen
Feb 13, 2007, 12:28 AM
that new gameguard update that just happened?

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 12:31 AM
I'm curious as well.

Errorrrr
Feb 13, 2007, 12:51 AM
^ ditto http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif i want to know!! we demand the truth sega!

Mistle22
Feb 13, 2007, 01:11 AM
I hope their plan involves fire, and lots of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mistle22 on 2007-02-12 22:15 ]</font>

PMB960
Feb 13, 2007, 01:27 AM
Maybe they will start deleting duped weapon. Or maybe they are planing a roll back.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
Too late for a rollback.

If it was done during the first week or so, it'd be fine. Even the first month.

Now, if there was a rollback, more than 50% of the population would quit and play a different game. To be honest, I would too.

VanHalen
Feb 13, 2007, 01:31 AM
they will give everyone a photon eraser and shoot the people who have hacked S-rank weapons

vfloresjr24
Feb 13, 2007, 01:31 AM
We must have faith in Juan. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 01:36 AM
Sega has no secret. They just knew the OP was gonna post the response here so they decided to lie to get rumors and speculation going.

Damn you Sega. Damn you to hell.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AC9breaker
Feb 13, 2007, 02:27 AM
The answer is simple, PVP!

Axel3792
Feb 13, 2007, 02:38 AM
Heh, Juan. He's the one that replied to me... and said nothing helpful.

ShinMaruku
Feb 13, 2007, 02:42 AM
They have no secret. After that last game they put out you think they have a secret?!

Sinue_v2
Feb 13, 2007, 04:03 AM
For those who don't understand Seganese - let me translate. I'm not a licenced Seganese translator - but have been immersed in the culture for several years. This may not be exact to the synonymn - but you'll get the point.

Hello Michael,

Hello *Cut & Paste what I think is the guy's name*.

We are currently aware of some of the issues that have been happening
within the PSU universe.

Goddamnit... another complainer, just STFU already....

Unfortunately, I do not think you are going to
get the answer that you are looking for. We tend only to make
announcements once a sweep has been completed.

We're not going to do anything, but by making you think we are going to do some top-secret zen bullshit to clear the servers of cheaters we can hopefully get you to stop writing.

Now, we have been banning cheaters and others who are choosing to exploit the service,

We arbitrarily ban any account shown to us through those report form thingies.... the process should be automated by the end of the week.

but that is not all.

We also made it to the top 1,000 on the BeJeweled 2 Leaderboards. Sweet.

Unfortunately I can not comment on the precautions that we are
currently undertaking with this title to prevent cheating

Because there are none... Bwahahaha...

other than we are actively looking into this issue

Getting shitfaced on Mad Dog 20/20 while watching re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie.

and you should see some more action within the coming weeks.

You need to go get laid.

Thanks,

Go to hell.

Juan
SEGA Support

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 04:11 AM
People complain too much.

CloudYiMPULSE
Feb 13, 2007, 04:11 AM
All I know is after the 2nd GameGuard Patch, I am lagging like hell.

DurakkenX
Feb 13, 2007, 05:41 AM
You know...I they told you everything they were doing #1 you wouldn't understand it in most cases and #2 what would be the point of putting something there and then telling the people you put it there...it's the hidden defenses that are usually the best.

SuperRygar
Feb 13, 2007, 07:19 AM
haha if the president was like, we have a secret mission to beat terrorists....here is it, we'l broadcast it on national television. we have guys on the inside , insert all full names here, and they are going to rise to the ranks and take down the taliban from the inside...but dont tell them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif it'l be our little secret

....seriously, demanding the truth? you cant handle the truth

Howard_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 07:33 AM
On 2007-02-13 01:11, RyukiZero wrote:

What he said

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 13, 2007, 07:56 AM
this is not a political thread, let's please not make it that way. We're a group of online video game players, I doubt any of us truly knows anything about what's happening in the government, nor studies it enough to really know, so let's refrain from talking about it.

Either way the point he was making was valid. You don't tell everyone your secrets, because that just gives the opposing side your tactics. I don't tell them how many troops/what troops/where we are when I am going to attack.

THE JACKEL

SuperRygar
Feb 13, 2007, 08:01 AM
heh, i didnt want to make it political. but i cant help see the parallels between the hax war and irax war. this happens with everything, its human nature. without taking doing a rollback(taking away some civil liberties) the entire population cant regain normality...but maybe its too late, hmm?

Ryna
Feb 13, 2007, 09:24 AM
On 2007-02-12 21:27, Kimil wrote:
So.... What do you think Sega has up it's sleeve? lol

It is official Sega policy not to comment on the specifics of any cheating behavior or anti-cheating efforts that maybe currently in progress. Thus, Juan gave you the only answer he was allowed to give you.

Caliban_King
Feb 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
I think Seganese is very similar any other MMOnese. All MMO's have their trouble.

Para
Feb 13, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-02-13 01:11, RyukiZero wrote:

Seconded.

Plus Ryna's right... SEGA is not obliged to give you a proper answer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-02-13 11:02 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Feb 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
You think Sega would really go and tell you what they will do to prevent hacking? Thats like Bush going:
"My fellow Americans, tomorrow i am going to blow up all of Iraq"
What will happen? He will of course do it, but by then everyone will move to Kuwait

isahn80
Feb 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
Sinue's post was one of the funniest thing I've ever seen.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-02-13 04:56, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
this is not a political thread, let's please not make it that way. We're a group of online video game players, I doubt any of us truly knows anything about what's happening in the government, nor studies it enough to really know, so let's refrain from talking about it.

Either way the point he was making was valid. You don't tell everyone your secrets, because that just gives the opposing side your tactics. I don't tell them how many troops/what troops/where we are when I am going to attack.

THE JACKEL

I'm in university, I think I'm well enough educated when I keep up with issues http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But even if we were to discuss such things for off topic...

Anyway, you're right they aren't going to reveal their plans it just doesn't make sense.

MayLee
Feb 13, 2007, 03:57 PM
A powerful foot to shove up with asses of hacker, I hope?

Kelevra
Feb 13, 2007, 04:00 PM
I talked to John, probably juans american cousin, and he was very helpful

Kimil
Feb 13, 2007, 11:34 PM
LOL, Juan is an english name No?//

wlsn22
Feb 14, 2007, 12:12 AM
you know what now that you bring his up where the H3LL are the gms we never see them online or anything and tomorrow they could just ask some random player to take pics so ya why do you really care if they have s weps so what just care about them blowing up the freaking server the guys that just do the weps no one should give a crap about

PMB960
Feb 14, 2007, 01:55 AM
Maybe the GMs will be checking people equipment during the event or have some other wau of determining whether people are hacking or not. They could also be checking the amount of money people carry with them at the event.

zSW1FT
Feb 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
Gee, I'm sure glad Juan is on top of the situation.

I can sleep with a wonderful sense of security now that our favorite Juan has a "secret weapon."

Bobkitty
Feb 14, 2007, 09:03 AM
heh.. here's what SEGA does.. When people were complaining about haxeta and they realised this was a problem, they 'unlock' some S-rank's and gave them to some players, this was done to make people OK with the haxeta and mad about the S-rank weaponary.. Then when this problem was growing too large with no real fix, they started crashing servers, so you'd all be fine with S-rank weapons.

My theory is that SEGA replaces each growing problem with another, to make you think something like this "why do you really care if they have s weps so what just care about them blowing up the freaking server the guys that just do the weps no one should give a crap about ". When in fact everyone should give a crap about them and the haxeta too.

February
Feb 14, 2007, 09:06 AM
I seriously hope that's a joke and you dont really believe that. Some of the hackers that hacked these weapons are members of this board. An You can find the method HOW they did it out there in internets land.

Bobkitty
Feb 14, 2007, 09:17 AM
*cough* joke + sarcasm = over head ;P

February
Feb 14, 2007, 09:30 AM
I wa really hoping it was. But with the way some people have been reacting to the hackers around here and in the game, It actually sounds like something You'd hear someone accuse Sega of. It's pretty sad when you can't tell obvious jokes from serious(ly dumb) complaints.

Bobkitty
Feb 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-02-14 06:30, heavenly6 wrote:
I wa really hoping it was. But with the way some people have been reacting to the hackers around here and in the game, It actually sounds like something You'd hear someone accuse Sega of. It's pretty sad when you can't tell obvious jokes from serious(ly dumb) complaints.

LOL that's too true. I've actually been hearing truthful accusations way more far-fetched than my own sarcastic post.. I never even really thought about that when posting and should probably keep that in mind in the future. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif