PDA

View Full Version : Curious about dropping of a special item

DurakkenX
Feb 13, 2007, 08:40 AM
Is it possible that the dropping of a special item or certaint ones are based upon the spawn & active time of a mob. In other words if I kill something in 1 second after it spawns will it always give me a certain item.

The reason I am wondering this is because when I couldn't kill SEED-Vance quickly I'd get nothing, but now I get a "[B]Twin Handgun" every time.

If this is so it would mean that some MOBs would take priority over others...or if you could figure out the exact times you could pretty much control your drops.

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-13 06:42 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
No, I think it's just every enemy has a small chance of dropping something, you could conceivably get their drop EVERY time you kill them, but the chance of that is incredibly small.

DurakkenX
Feb 13, 2007, 08:50 AM
yes, but getting the same drop from the same MOB 30+ times in a row when your able to kill it in a single hit, when before it'd take 30+ seconds and you'd get nothing every time. That's a bit suspicious to me.

Also I've noticed that late night/early morning I tend to get more "rare" drops. I've had several time where I'd get upwards of 6 rares a run with no luck at all during that time. I don't want to start a new myth like those persistent PSO ones as it could just be coincidence, but if it's not I'd hate to think what that means...ie Sega made it either rares drop during certain times more or they made it so they get evenly distributed throughout the servers which means the more people on the less chance each person will get a rare. I would hope ST would not put in such an inane code, but hey they've done weirder things

omegapirate2k
Feb 13, 2007, 08:52 AM
I'm more willing to bet on it being completely based on chance.

ayrista
Feb 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
I have to admit, i had thought about it. In the beginning, the c rank missions. I dont remember any weapons ever dropping. Now, when im doing a C rank mission just to run thru to another area and im 1 hit killing everything, 4 or 5 weapons will drop. It made me wonder if the speed you kill someting affects the drop rate. I do seriously doubt it.

Last night, with no luck, i had a full team of lvl 70 chars doing S rank lab. We were killing everything alot quicker then usual, and a red dropped in every room it seemed. including 10* = 11* items.

In psobb the drops were already determined when you entered the area. Not that they would do the same thing for psu... I dont think i believe it affects it, but I havent been able to help thinking about it.

SuperRygar
Feb 13, 2007, 09:32 AM
is PSO the items that dropped were determined by the time, or beats. its not such a stretch to think that it is the same in PSU! someone needs to do endless testing...

ayrista
Feb 13, 2007, 09:36 AM
On 2007-02-13 06:32, SuperRygar wrote:
is PSO the items that dropped were determined by the time, or beats. its not such a stretch to think that it is the same in PSU! someone needs to do endless testing...

where did you hear that?

DurakkenX
Feb 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
that is both right and wrong... while there was/is a theory about it it was never successfully proven as 100% accurate. That's not to say it's not right...just that no one ever proved either way conclusively as with enough people trying for something at specific time eventually they will get it at that specific time and that will falsify the data.

omegapirate2k
Feb 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
Somebody ask Juan!

Neith
Feb 13, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-02-13 06:32, SuperRygar wrote:

No, that's wrong.

Beat-time was to help players arrange meetings, look it up on Wikipedia.

PSO rare drops were based on chance (e.g 1/205)- the only thing beat time changed in-game was whether Divine Punishment worked, and how powerful the Morning Glory was. I know there was a few more items it influenced on JP BB too.

On-topic, SEED-Vances drop [B] Twin Handgun a LOT. It's a really, really common drop. Keep killing them, and eventually one won't drop it. It's just that it happens to be a very easy drop (probably about 1/5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif )

SuperRygar
Feb 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
...if you believe something enough, it is the truth

Rashiid
Feb 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
i say just play and not force rares and drops out of 'supposive' luck

bad enough ppl hav studied the map spawns, can calculate the increase on a grind, and the exact amount of damage u do for each % on a weapons element....

DurakkenX
Feb 13, 2007, 04:01 PM
you should look at some FF3/6 guides some time. If you want to see some insane calculations and such there is no better spot to look than that game as it has one of the most devoted fan bases AND it's been disected and retranslated several times over the last 10+ years