PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's official. Carriguine-Rucar is an unreleased item.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
Welp. It's official. The Carriguin-Rucar isn't out yet.

Hello <blanked my name>,

The Carriguine-Rucar is currently an unreleased item.

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

I emailed Sega yesterday, asking them about if this weapon was released or not. Why? Because I have one. I'm not going to lie.

However, I didn't hack it. Nor could I, given I'm on PS2.

I got it from a friend, whom got it from a friend. (He traded a Me / Quick to someone for it, I traded him a Grinna Bete S for it). Twas a 24% Lightning Elemental weapon, and I couldn't use it, given it required 520 base atp (I have 507).

After reading all the countless "Is the Carriguine-Rucar a legit drop?" threads, reviewing info on the PSUWikiJP (the one that says where it drops and what from on what difficulty), I began to doubt that it was legit. I asked the person I got it from, how his friend got it. He wouldn't tell me, and just said the guy recently 'quit playing'.

I kept it because I was confused. There was proof it was legit, and proof it wasn't. People had the base stats, the mats, the map that it dropped on, which 'rare map' it came from, what area, what level the enemies were....but no one had a screenshot of the board dropping. So I merely kept it with it (I couldn't use it anyways) to prevent it getting jacked from my PM. (I was room hacked a few weeks ago.)

Anyways, now that I'm 100% sure that it's an unreleased item, I'm going to get rid of it. That's what I was waiting for. As much as it breaks my heart, I have to do it. I've wanted this weapon for a very long time, but it's nothing to get banned over.

I made this topic for multiple reasons.

-To let people know it's officially 'Unreleased'.
-To let people know that not everyone that has one is a hacker.
-To shine some light on others who may have the same situation as I, being confused about the weapon.
and finally...

To ask you how I should go about destroying it.

Should I just drop it in a mission and abandon?
Should I put it on my fourth char and delete my her?
Any other things I could do? I plan to get rid of the Sonic and Dulk Falkis dolls that were put in my room when I got Room Hacked. (There's a topic on the official PSU.com boards about it.) I kept them because the GMs never told me what to do with them. (I figured they'd want me to hand them over so they could inspect their modified IDs or whatever people were talking about.)

I kept them in my storage until they gave me word, but they haven't yet. So, I plan to destroy them along with the Rucar (despite how much it hurts ;_;).

Also, I'm probably going to need a few witnesses when I get rid of them, for proof that I did. However, I don't know who to trust around here. I'd hate to drop all the items in a mission with a witness and have him/her run up and take them all and quit.

So, there it is. You know my situation, now I ask for your help, if you can offer any.

Thanks~

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 01:47 PM
Glad you're going to get rid of it, it could get YOU in trouble.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure how to edit a post yet, or if I can, but let me say that when I traded for the weapon, I thought it was legit and released at the time. Now I know it's not.

It was more of an "OMG It's out and he has it? TRADE ME!" kinda thing.

akratic
Feb 13, 2007, 01:50 PM
Are we supposed to cuddle you?

Your situation seems to be this: you took uber-rare, got freaked because of the impending (?) suspensions, and now you want us to help you out since, gosh, golly, who could'a thought getting an uber-rare might be something about which to be suspicious?

Man, oh man, getting caught cheating sure sucks, don't it.

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:48, Aixiao wrote:
I'm not sure how to edit a post yet, or if I can, but let me say that when I traded for the weapon, I thought it was legit and released at the time. Now I know it's not.

Edit button: It's the icon with a pencil on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-13 10:53 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 13, 2007, 01:53 PM
lol, he didn't cheat. Just take the items, drop them in a mission, and abandon it. Quick and easy.

THE JACKEL

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:50, akratic wrote:

Your situation seems to be this: you took uber-rare, got freaked because of the impending (?) suspensions, and now you want us to help you out since, gosh, golly, who could'a thought getting an uber-rare might be something about which to be suspicious?

I'm asking for help. Not asking for you to be a jerk to me. I've explained my situation, if you don't believe me, fine.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
I hope you don't get banned for this, even if you get rid of it Saga might track it down... they're like a trannical government trying to cover up the secret spy stuff right now... anyone even realated to these things seems to be dieing left right and center. *votes for a Saga that is reasponible and not covering up government secrets.*

But really they are mass banning everyone involved with these things in an attempt to cover it up, so I pray that it goes well for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-02-13 10:57 ]</font>

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:53, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
lol, he didn't cheat. Just take the items, drop them in a mission, and abandon it. Quick and easy.

THE JACKEL

I plan to. I want a witness with in integrity though. I'll possibly ask Ryuki since I know him, and I think he's well respected around here as the photographer.

McLaughlin
Feb 13, 2007, 02:03 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:48, Aixiao wrote:

On the right side of the | underneath your post, there's an icon that looks like a pencil on paper. That's the Edit button. The one with paper and a red arrow is the Quote button.

Tra
Feb 13, 2007, 02:10 PM
hmmmz... yet another former GFAQs member lol

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:10 PM
I see the icon now. Thanks. I expected a little text bubble to pop up when I highlighted over it.

I guess here's my plan then:

1) Grab Mitsunari Ryuki (If he'll help me)
2) Start a mission.
3) Drop items:
- 1x Carriguine-Rucar
- 2x Dulk Falkis Room Decor
- 4x Sonic Statue Room Decor
- 1x Maiden's Ship Room Decor
(The room decor are because I was Room Hacked for my shop ad, which said "Duping Is For Pussies". They stole half my decor and replaced it with those, and most likely reported me to get me banned. I'd made 2-3 reports to Sega, but got no word on what to do with the items. I'm taking Clumsyorchid's suggestion to destroy them, though.)

4) Have pictures taken / video captured.
5) Abandon mission.

Hopefully that'll take care of everything.

JAFO22000
Feb 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:50, akratic wrote:

To be fair, this item was a supposed "legit" item. And, he did ask ST and got his reply, so he's trying to be honest.

Why he needs a "witness" present when he gets rid of his items, I know not. He should've gotten rid of them already.

akratic
Feb 13, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:53, Aixiao wrote:
I'm asking for help. Not asking for you to be a jerk to me. I've explained my situation, if you don't believe me, fine.

I'm sorry you are perhaps gullible, willfully ignorant, or just painfully naive. If what you say is true, it sounds like you will at most get a one week suspension. It sucks, sure, but that's how lessons get learned. Compared to things that really matter, this is hardly something to get upset about.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:17, akratic wrote:

On 2007-02-13 10:53, Aixiao wrote:

I'm sorry you are perhaps gullible, willfully ignorant, or just painfully naive. If what you say is true, it sounds like you will at most get a one week suspension. It sucks, sure, but that's how lessons get learned. Compared to things that really matter, this is hardly something to get upset about.

Despite how rude you're being to me, I can't really disagree. I got the weapon a couple of weeks ago. Many others like myself thought this double saber was out. If you want proof, go read all the Rucar topics.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop insulting me, however. I've done nothing to you, and I'm trying to make up for my mistake.

As for the witness thing, I want it for proof.

Anyone can say they destroyed the items. Hell, I could easily just keep them and tell you I dropped them.

I'd want pictures or video.

akratic
Feb 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:16, JAFO22000 wrote:
To be fair, this item was a supposed "legit" item.

I think it was "supposed" legit by people who wanted to believe that the item they were getting for next to nothing wasn't a bullshit item.

Dude, the Parsitic Gene: Flow drops from Olga Flow on Ultimate when you use red weapons. So, here, take this legit Dark Flow.

akratic
Feb 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:21, Aixiao wrote:

Despite how rude you're being to me, I can't really disagree.

You know, fair enough. Sorry for being rude about it.

Not to take it out on you, but there have been ridiculous stories for as long as I remember of people getting "hacked" things under pretenses of innocence. Now that there is a threat of punishment, I can't help but let the schadenfreude seep in more than I should. Sorry if I lumped you in with people who do deserve it.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:26, akratic wrote:

Despite how rude you're being to me, I can't really disagree.

You know, fair enough. Sorry for being rude about it.

Not to take it out on you, but there have been ridiculous stories for as long as I remember of people getting "hacked" things under pretenses of innocence. Now that there is a threat of punishment, I can't help but let the schadenfreude seep in more than I should. Sorry if I lumped you in with people who do deserve it.

I understand. I was 'room hacked', however. Here's the topic to prove it.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=19306

With screenshots of the items put in my room.

But like I said, at the time, I thought the item was out. There was no controversy over it at all. My friend had it for like a week or two, then I got a Grinna Bete and traded it for his Rucar, which he got from someone.

I suppose it's my fault for not knowing the source of the item. His friend could of been a hacker, or could've gotten it from one.

I admit I was ignorant about the weapon. After all, it's a 10-star Double Saber. In one of the updates, it was said that we'd be getting items up to 10-stars. You really can't blame me for that part, but feel free if you like.

If I'm suspended for a week, I guess I deserve it. After all, I should've known better, I guess.

Btw, I'm not a 'he', but don't suddenly be nice to me because of it.

Anyways, I'll hopefully have Ryuki get some pictures of my drops and post them here. Well, if he helps me.

Golto
Feb 13, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well I guess the person who told me he saw this weapon's board dropped lied.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-02-13 10:44, Aixiao wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

We will be banning all accounts for users who are seen complaining about our service and how we are handling the current situation of Phantasy Star Universe. I have checked some of your posts, and you too will be banned. Please have a nice day and please remember to try the other great games by SEGA!

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hey guys look! I can post an official and 100% really true email reply from SEGA! My post counter is over 1 so it's automatically true! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah. I knew the item wasn't released because nobody has any claims of the board or synth material drops. Well, nobody with any credit anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-13 11:39 ]</font>

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:36, Golto wrote:
Well I guess the person who told me he saw this weapon's board dropped lied.

Probably. The only form of proof would be multiple screenshots from different people.

I wish Sega would release a S-Rank Weapons Release chart, letting you know exactly what is and isn't released yet.

akratic
Feb 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
Sorry about the room hack. Anyway, I think I just learned from PSO that things that are too good to be true are too good to be true.

Hope it works out for you. And I hope the people who are less innocent get banned and spanked.

BTW, I don't need an internet girlfriend, so don't worry about me being nice to you just because you don't have a dick.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:38, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

We will be banning all accounts for users who are seen complaining about our service and how we are handling the current situation of Phantasy Star Universe. I have checked some of your posts, and you too will be banned. Please have a nice day and please remember to try the other great games by SEGA!

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hey guys look! I can post an official and 100% really true email reply from SEGA! My post counter is over 1 so it's automatically true! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah. I knew the item wasn't released because nobody has any claims of the board or synth material drops. Well, nobody with any credit anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-13 11:39 ]</font>

I can screenshot the email for you, if you don't believe me. I'd like to edit out my name and address though.

akratic
Feb 13, 2007, 02:41 PM
See the difference between my rudeness and Garnet_Moons is that he is an asshole and I was just grouchy.

Jae
Feb 13, 2007, 02:45 PM
Your resolve to junk the unreleased items is commendable.

The whole bit about your friend trading a me/quick for a dime-a-dozen hack makes me a little sad inside though.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:40, Aixiao wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

I can screenshot the email for you, if you don't believe me. I'd like to edit out my name and address though.

You do realize how easy it is to manipulate HTML right? Even someone without any HTML knowledge can save the page for offline view, and edit the source so it reads what they want it to read.

On 2007-02-13 11:41, akratic wrote:
See the difference between my rudeness and Garnet_Moons is that he is an asshole and I was just grouchy.

I'm not an asshole. I just choose not to believe anything without a valid source to go by.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'll admit, I too was in possession of a hacked item. The infamous Sonic Doll. Thing is, I've had it for about a month, before finally getting rid of it. What I did, was gift-wrap it, and then pass it off to someone who was willing to take it.

What you should do, is sell it, and just get meseta back. Honestly, there's no point of keeping it if we're threatened to get banned. As much as I wanted to keep it, I didn't, and couldn't.

Aaron777
Feb 13, 2007, 02:52 PM
Quit bickering you guys...it doesn't accomplish anything and you certainly don't gain the respect of anyone at this forum. If you knew it wasn't legit earlier that's great! (no sarcasm) but don't be an ass about it. People don't like it when you hold something over their heads.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:52 PM
Fine.

I've blanked out my name, my email (it's my playsega email account, I'd rather it not get out.), and part of the hotmail url thingy because I'm not sure if someone can copy and paste it into their bar and get into my hotmail. o_O

I can post another screenshot of the bottom half, but it was me asking the question if it was released, explaining that I had the weapon and that I would destroy it if released

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/TokyoWarHeart/Email.jpg

I hope that's proof. Let me know if you need more.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 02:53 PM
Do what I did.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/cottontail777/PSU/halarod_dupe.jpg

You'll feel better.

EDIT: And no. That's nothing in the way of proof. Like I said, it's ridiculously easy to manipulate HTML documents. You got nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-13 11:56 ]</font>

Retehi
Feb 13, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:51, RyukiZero wrote:
I'll admit, I too was in possession of a hacked item. The infamous Sonic Doll. Thing is, I've had it for about a month, before finally getting rid of it. What I did, was gift-wrap it, and then pass it off to someone who was willing to take it.

LOL. That's messed up, but for some reason, I'm laughing.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:47, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

You do realize how easy it is to manipulate HTML right? Even someone without any HTML knowledge can save the page for offline view, and edit the source so it reads what they want it to read.

I'm not an asshole. I just choose not to believe anything without a valid source to go by.

This is the internet man, these guys aren't programers or hackers in anyways shape or form, they could manipulate the shot but it would take time and would be poorly done, therefore they are a valid scoure. Now please no more accuzations about hacking or changing posts or anything, it's against the forum rules for a reason, you know for the benifit of the doubt thing.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:56, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-02-13 11:51, RyukiZero wrote:

LOL. That's messed up, but for some reason, I'm laughing.

Well, I didn't say what it was. I just asked if anyone wanted a present that someone gave me, and said that I didn't know what it was. A small lie.

And I know the person didn't sell it either, so.. sucks to be him.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't know, but I'm sorry you don't believe me, Garnet.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:57, MaximusLight wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

This is the internet man, these guys aren't programers or hackers in anyways shape or form, they could manipulate the shot but it would take time and would be poorly done, therefore they are a valid scoure. Now please no more accuzations about hacking or changing posts or anything, it's against the forum rules for a reason, you know for the benifit of the doubt thing.

I'm not accusing him of anything. I'm simply stating it's impossible to go by what he has shown in the way of evidence. And no, it's not hard to edit HTML or text pictures... :

Para
Feb 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

I'm not accusing him of anything. I'm simply stating it's impossible to go by what he has shown in the way of evidence. And no, it's not hard to edit HTML or text pictures... :

Edit the HTML, change a few words... upload it onto your own server, change the url BAM fake page kthx.

Jae
Feb 13, 2007, 03:01 PM
Aixiao, you've got nothing to prove to anyone here. If the ban hammer didn't come down on the Japanese servers, half of the people here would be lining up in your room to take that Rucar off your hands.

Just do the deed and enjoy a clean inventory/conscience. If having someone take pics of said item destruction makes you happier than go for it.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 03:01 PM
Well, if you don't believe me still, Garnet, I'd like you to contact Sega under a general inquiry and ask them if the Carriguine-Rucar is a released item or not.

I edited the picture in paint to cross out my name and email address, given they're private. But I understand that I could've edited the picture and put in my own text. I understand your precautions, and given my lack of integrity on this forum, I can see why it's very hard for you to believe me.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-02-13 12:00, Para wrote:

On 2007-02-13 11:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Hello <blanked my name>,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Hello Casey,

Thank you,

Juan
SEGA Support

Edit the HTML, change a few words... upload it onto your own server, change the url BAM fake page kthx.

Or, or, edit it and drop it onto an open browser tab.

Ether
Feb 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
Fail for trusting Juan who probably has no idea what he's talking about

On 2007-02-04 15:56, Lyrise wrote:
I'll say this. Over on the JP version, it's out. HOWEVER, not many have been made because the drop rates on all the parts are heinously low.

On 2007-02-04 16:28, Lyrise wrote:
The only way to get the board is from a lv85+ Carriguine. So yes, it's in the first S-HIVE mission, and ONLY the first one, seeing as there are no Carriguines in the 2nd.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 03:06 PM
An open statement of telling someone that they CAN'T be truth is calling someone a lyier now drop it, lyier or not you can tell so you shouldn't be say things like:

Hey guys look! I can post an official and 100% really true email reply from SEGA! My post counter is over 1 so it's automatically true!

That's that's rude and potential flamebait

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-02-13 12:07 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-02-13 12:06, MaximusLight wrote:
An open statement of telling someone that they CAN'T be truth is calling someone a lyier now drop it, lyier or not you can tell so you shouldn't be say things like:

Hey guys look! I can post an official and 100% really true email reply from SEGA! My post counter is over 1 so it's automatically true!

That's that's rude and potential flamebait

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-02-13 12:07 ]</font>

You can be in agreement all you want. I'm just saying it's hard to believe it(the mail).

That's all.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
Either way, I'm getting rid of the weapon. It'll make me feel better, and the pics will be proof incase anything ever comes up.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 03:12 PM
You know now that I think about it's pretty good that Sega got back to you on this, most of the time they don't bother reasponding, it's good to see them take some action.

Yuicihi
Feb 13, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-02-13 11:10, Aixiao wrote:
I see the icon now. Thanks. I expected a little text bubble to pop up when I highlighted over it.

I guess here's my plan then:

1) Grab Mitsunari Ryuki (If he'll help me)
2) Start a mission.
3) Drop items:
- 1x Carriguine-Rucar
- 2x Dulk Falkis Room Decor
- 4x Sonic Statue Room Decor
- 1x Maiden's Ship Room Decor
(The room decor are because I was Room Hacked for my shop ad, which said "Duping Is For Pussies". They stole half my decor and replaced it with those, and most likely reported me to get me banned. I'd made 2-3 reports to Sega, but got no word on what to do with the items. I'm taking Clumsyorchid's suggestion to destroy them, though.)

4) Have pictures taken / video captured.
5) Abandon mission.

Hopefully that'll take care of everything.

Script Kiddies probably felt that you offended them, or somewhat.

Honestly, the maturity of the population (On both the 360 and PC/PS2 servers, apparently) is sadly quite low. You got the legit players, the Jerks, the actual hackers, and the Script Kiddies.

If the actual lack of content doesn't chase away players, then the players will.

Koro
Feb 13, 2007, 03:22 PM
Wow, all this person wanted to do was inform you that the weapon was not legit, and all i see are a bunch of half assed remarks. At least this person can admit to owning one, and is trying to find the correct means of discarding the weapon. Now that people know who you are you better get a witness imo. People you hate can easily frame you now. Next time it would be best for anyone to NOT state that they own a "hacked" item. Just give the facts.

And btw thank you for notifying the public about this. I, myself, always wanted to know if it was legit or not.

Ravennittes
Feb 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
The 360 has a good player base IF you know who to play with. Most people are ok, but then there's the 35% who are idiots/9 year olds/assholes

I'd say go ahead and destroy them. I play on the 360 and it is NOT an item. If it was I'd know about it. The bio part exists, but not the actual weapon. The only S rank weapons out are: Halarod, and Crea Double. Anything else does NOT exist as of yet.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-02-13 12:22, Koro wrote:
Wow, all this person wanted to do was inform you that the weapon was not legit, and all i see are a bunch of half assed remarks. At least this person can admit to owning one, and is trying to find the correct means of discarding the weapon. Now that people know who you are you better get a witness imo. People you hate can easily frame you now. Next time it would be best for anyone to NOT state that they own a "hacked" item. Just give the facts.

And btw thank you for notifying the public about this. I, myself, always wanted to know if it was legit or not.

I'm not surprised. It doesn't bother me how they act towards me. I rather expected it, infact, more.

Anyways, if you ever have a question about a weapon, just ask Sega. That's what I did. Why rely on other players when I can ask them directly? I informed them of my situation and sent the email, and got that reply back. Even though Garnet doesn't believe me, I'd like him to ask them him/herself.

Dhylec
Feb 13, 2007, 03:26 PM
It's OK to be skeptical, but let's not be obnoxious. I think it's sillier to get warnings, so be nice, people.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 03:28 PM
Uh... you know it's a bad idea to bug them about this, they are likely to come back to defend themselves now >_>;

Ledin
Feb 13, 2007, 03:41 PM
Despite how rude you're being to me, I can't really disagree. I got the weapon a couple of weeks ago. Many others like myself thought this double saber was out. If you want proof, go read all the Rucar topics.
You will notice that the only people who claimed the double saber was legit were folks who had one in their inventory. Duh.

It's common sense really: Even if the board had been legitimately released, how many of these do you think we'd have on the server only a couple of weeks after the HIVE was opened? You would still need two of the rare blade materials to get one crafted, without guaranteed success. I have yet to see a screenshot or reported find of the board or finished Carriguine-Rucar, even a single one, on either the Xbox or the Japanese servers. But I have personally witnessed at least a dozen players using this weapon on the PC/PS2 servers; no telling how many more there may be.

It's really not rocket science figuring that out, official word from SEGA or not.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 03:41 PM
And here are the pictures, taken by yours truly:

http://tinyurl.com/2ky3nn
http://tinyurl.com/3exyz4
http://tinyurl.com/35g6rf
http://tinyurl.com/2sp854
http://tinyurl.com/2opv6g
http://tinyurl.com/2m4dzd
http://tinyurl.com/3dtd68
http://tinyurl.com/2r763r
http://tinyurl.com/3btone
http://tinyurl.com/2qpjma
http://tinyurl.com/2px7u8

Garnet_Moon
Feb 13, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-02-13 12:28, MaximusLight wrote:
Uh... you know it's a bad idea to bug them about this, they are likely to come back to defend themselves now >_>;

Silly boy. When a Mod steps in the conversation in question is over. Always.

But then again, this is an off-topic post... >.<

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-02-13 12:41, Ledin wrote:

You will notice that the only people who claimed the double saber was legit were folks who had one in their inventory. Duh.

It's common sense really: Even if the board had been legitimately released, how many of these do you think we'd have on the server only a couple of weeks after the HIVE was opened? You would still need two of the rare blade materials to get one crafted, without guaranteed success. I have yet to see a screenshot or reported find of the board or finished Carriguine-Rucar, even a single one, on either the Xbox or the Japanese servers. But I have personally witnessed at least a dozen players using this weapon on the PC/PS2 servers; no telling how many more there may be.

It's really not rocket science figuring that out, official word from SEGA or not.

I posted pics. Didn't you see?

Ah, he meant on the 360/Japanese servers.

Nevermind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-02-13 12:47 ]</font>

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 03:49 PM
Thank you, Ryuki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Well, now I feel better. They're gone. (My other friend has video footage incase a dispute with Sega ever comes up / no one believes me.)It's a shame. I really wanted that weapon too. But, alas, I can't have it. Atleast not now. I replied to Sega's email and informed them of when/where I dropped the items.

So, to sum it up. I no longer have the weapon or decor. It's an unreleased item, as I was told by 'Juan' from Sega. Feel free to ask Sega if an item is released or not, and you should get a reply within 24 hours like I did.

Regardless of how people acted and treated me in this topic, I thank everyone for their support and or criticisms. I hope I did the right thing by destroying the items.If I do get suspended from the game for a week, I wont be mad. I guess I'd deserve it, and I'd gladly accept the punishment.

If I'm banned permanently for even having had the item or the decor, well...I dunno what I'd do. That's alot of time and effort put into the game.

Anyways, thanks for all your replies and/or concerns. Please view this as an example, and a step in the right direction that I hope you all may take, should you encounter the same situation.

Well, I'll see you guys around the boards! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

[Edit: I made the posts more readable. They were 2 sentences to a paragraph.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aixiao on 2007-02-13 12:51 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 03:51 PM
I hope I'm not banned. That would make all the people who don't want me to leave (or are counting the days until I do) to be upset.

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 04:03 PM
So it's done. You did what was right for yourself. IMO all of this was uneccessary but it's how you wanted it to be done.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
Well the video footage would make good proof.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
Would it not have been easier to feed them to you Partner Machinery? But I hope none of the participants get banned. And I believe your letter from ST, since they tend to be straight to the point and very "cold" about things. Ive written quite a few lengthy emails to the tech support to receive a response a few days later (if lucky) with about approximately 5 to 6 sentences long =/ Sometimes I only got an email sayint thanks for emailing them =|

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-02-13 13:11, MaximusLight wrote:
Well the video footage would make good proof.

We have enough proof, unless you're assuming that I photoshopped those in.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well I look at it like this: I'm no expert in editing thing online (videos and pictures) but manipulating a video would seem to be alot bigger challege than pictures, hence better proof if need be.

Retehi
Feb 13, 2007, 04:34 PM
I swear to god, these forums are like "PICS OR DIDNT HAPPEN!1", then the pics are there, now what? "VIDEO OR DIDNT HAPPN!"?

Kirip-san
Feb 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-02-13 13:34, Retehi wrote:
I swear to god, these forums are like "PICS OR DIDNT HAPPEN!1", then the pics are there, now what? "VIDEO OR DIDNT HAPPN!"?

Sometimes I wonder when everyone will make up their minds~nyo.

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
They never will...

I wonder how ST knows which rares are fake and which ones are not... for the released ones anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-02-13 13:41 ]</font>

Schubalts
Feb 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
Eh, why would you need pics anyway? It's not like anybody on PSOW could ban you from PSU, and ST could already know what items we have, anyway.

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 04:51 PM

Yes.

Ryuki should have vidoetapped his RL self logging into PSU and thus screenshotting those hacked rares to give proof that he did'nt photoshop that images.

Videos + video of him posting in thread + pics that happened + pics of his taskbar to give proof that photoshop wasn't open. And a video of his computer logs showing programs and apps last accessed and stuff.

All that or none of this shit happened, and the OP and him + that other player in the pic got some serious Mission Impossible ETHEN HUNT shit going on.

Btw, I'm being sarcastic.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-02-13 13:41, Schubalts wrote:
Eh, why would you need pics anyway? It's not like anybody on PSOW could ban you from PSU, and ST could already know what items we have, anyway.

Because I'm a generally honest person. I'd like to have proof that I did the deed, incase anything should ever arise.

foamcup
Feb 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-02-13 13:51, Almalexia wrote:

Yes.

Ryuki should have vidoetapped his RL self logging into PSU and thus screenshotting those hacked rares to give proof that he did'nt photoshop that images.

Videos + video of him posting in thread + pics that happened + pics of his taskbar to give proof that photoshop wasn't open. And a video of his computer logs showing programs and apps last accessed and stuff.

All that or none of this shit happened, and the OP and him + that other player in the pic got some serious Mission Impossible ETHEN HUNT shit going on.

That is hilarious, and you could take that very far, by having someone videotaping Ryuki videotaping himself logging onto PSU, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
Thank you Elathia XD

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-02-13 13:55, foamcup wrote:

On 2007-02-13 13:51, Almalexia wrote:

Yes.

That is hilarious, and you could take that very far, by having someone videotaping Ryuki videotaping himself logging onto PSU, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

xD that made me giggle and feel better.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 05:20 PM
Oki! Here we go. Pardon the quality, I'm not the one who took it. (I'm on PS2 and don't have a capture card for my pc.)

Enjoy, for those who care. =3

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/TokyoWarHeart/?action=view&current=Vidi2007-02-1312-13-23.flv

Soukosa
Feb 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-02-13 12:05, Ether wrote:

Exactly. A tech support person or even a GM will likely not know of these things, especially in a sub branch of the company. Only the devs would know and those outside of that would likely only know if the devs told them about it or someone higher made the decision to put them at the time of an update. Considering how little SoA knows of the updates they put on... yeah.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
Happy now? You can see me with all of my axe's glory in that video.

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-02-13 14:28, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-02-13 12:05, Ether wrote:

Exactly. A tech support person or even a GM will likely not know of these things, especially in a sub branch of the company. Only the devs would know and those outside of that would likely only know if the devs told them about it or someone higher made the decision to put them at the time of an update. Considering how little SoA knows of the updates they put on... yeah.

Not to diss anyone here, but I think it's better to rely on a tech support or a GM than other players.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 05:37 PM
To each their own. People complain too much, and honestly, as long as you're getting help in whatever way you were searching for, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Now shush. ALL of you.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 13, 2007, 05:44 PM
I don't understand why this was such a big deal to take screenies and a video of, it's just another person dumping items that aren't released yet.

THE JACKEL

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-02-13 14:44, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I don't understand why this was such a big deal to take screenies and a video of, it's just another person dumping items that aren't released yet.

THE JACKEL

Think outside the box. Anyone can easily say they had this, did this, etc, but pics/video proves. All we did was give proof, and you're complaining?

Aixiao
Feb 13, 2007, 05:52 PM

THE JACKEL

The Rucar is quite possibly the most controversial rare weapon because of the constant confusion as to if it's released or not. Those who have it say it's legit. Those who don't say it's not. You could easily get lost in the arguments, since there's proof it exists and proof it doesn't.

Also, it's just proof that I got rid of it, and maybe it'll help others to make the decision to get rid of theirs, if they have any.

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 05:56 PM
In before that video was edited comments.

foamcup
Feb 13, 2007, 05:58 PM
In before FKL or lock. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sychosis
Feb 13, 2007, 06:16 PM
For all these claims of it being legit, I find it hard to believe no one has a single screeny showing they picked a board up in a mission.

Hotashi
Feb 13, 2007, 06:16 PM
Well that was a good flame war.

Nice job on the dumpin'.

Zael
Feb 13, 2007, 06:18 PM
lol, the denial in here's pretty damn ridiculous

If you were working in Tech Support and had no idea how to answer the mail, what would you do? Make a half-assed guess or ask one of the higher-ups that actually know about this stuff?

And yes, I bet there isn't even ONE picture on the internet of a US player finding the [B] Carriguine-Rucar. Show me one and I'll eat my words.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-02-13 14:45, RyukiZero wrote:

THE JACKEL

Think outside the box. Anyone can easily say they had this, did this, etc, but pics/video proves. All we did was give proof, and you're complaining?

I don't see a need to prove that one dumped a hacked item. Seriously, who cares that you dumped it, we just care whether the item is legit or not.

THE JACKEL

Golto
Feb 13, 2007, 07:23 PM
Not everyone is on pc so they can't take pics.

Sychosis
Feb 13, 2007, 07:27 PM
Not everyone is on PS2 so they can take pics.

Jae
Feb 13, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-02-13 15:16, Sychosis wrote:
For all these claims of it being legit, I find it hard to believe no one has a single screeny showing they picked a board up in a mission.

Seriously. If I ever stumbled upon something that rare, I would report the drop mob and location at the very least. I'd have screenshots and witnesses of the acquisition and would borrow an anonymous friend's PM to synth it.

After all, I wouldn't want people to room hack me and shit on my parade by purging the board from my own PM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dhylec
Feb 13, 2007, 08:06 PM
Alright guys, I think the purpose of this thread is completed by the 2nd page, (my 2nd page). So let's stick a fork in it & call it done. Let's save our energy for the real Carriguine. We gonna need that. ;]