PDA

View Full Version : Well, I hate half the PAs I have on me.

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 03:06 PM
It's odd. I get access to all but one melee weapon, and I cannot find a palette of PAs that I like. I was hoping some of you could recommend some PAs that I may like, based on the PAs that I like and dislike.

PAs that I've tried and liked include all the spear and twin dagger PAs and the first single dagger PA.

PAs that I've tried and disliked are every claw PA (both single and dual), both sword PAs, and the falcon punch PA.

I like PAs that are easy to use, flinch heavily, and have decent damage over time. I normally like them to hit at least two enemies, though I could probably deal with one. What PAs could you recommend for a fortefighter to use?

Rizen
Feb 13, 2007, 03:08 PM
I suggest the Axe's Anga Redda (sp?). Its one of my favorite PAs on my Protranser. Even with lower ATP than a Fortefighter, it still does great amount of damage and it flinches are great. I can imagine it on a Fortefighter...

Natrokos
Feb 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
You'd probably enjoy the saber/twin saber pa the first one at least....I love the twin saber pa it is strong it definately makes larger enemies flinch and can hit multiple enemies.

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
From what little I've seen of the first saber PA, I don't think I'd enjoy using it. The first twin saber PA doesn't really seem enjoyable either. I'd probably use the second ones if they're recommended, though.

And the axe PA does sound pretty good, I may give that one a try.

Ravennittes
Feb 13, 2007, 03:28 PM
I have an idea, try starting a force character and see if you like that better. You're bound to find a PA you like somewhere. Otherwise all you are doing is complaining ^.^ .

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 03:32 PM
At the moment, I'm rather set on being a hunter. Spell casting really isn't my thing. Getting out a spear and Dus Daggasing things to death is just inexplicable bliss.

Natrokos
Feb 13, 2007, 04:05 PM
You can read all about Assault crush but judging by what you said you liked I really don't think you'll enjoy it.

The PAs that you said you loved are some of the best in the game I am simply adding some other powerful ones to the list^^

DoubleZero
Feb 13, 2007, 04:05 PM
The second Twin Saber PA (Assault Crush) is pretty lackluster as it builds up.
At 1, It's just two downward slashes. Ho-hum.
By 11, it's looking better, but still single target. Two slashes down, then two slashes up. Looks pretty classy.
By 21, it's finally useful. Hits multiple enemies as you charge forward, knocking things up into the air.

However, since the first attacks are not only weak, they're single-target. It's also a pain to level up, and by the end of the PA, you have what amounts to a faster version of Bogga "Falcon Punch" Zubba.

If you still have knuckles, Bogga Danga's fun. Three punches, then a backhand and sweep, followed by a cartwheel into the ever-popular Stage Dive.

Aaron777
Feb 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
yeah, Anga redda is what's t's all about.

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 04:13 PM
Due to my already having a pair of knuckles, I did indeed buy bogga danga to try it out. I must say that I'm enjoying it. Due to your recommendation, I may stick with it for a while. With the axe PA (the axe of which I'm attempting to make right now), this makes a full palette including all the other PAs I said I liked.

On 2007-02-13 13:05, Natrokos wrote:
The PAs that you said you loved are some of the best in the game I am simply adding some other powerful ones to the list^^

Oh, I didn't know I was so shallow... Funny thing is that those are the first weapons and PAs I picked up, due to looks.

Astarin
Feb 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
If you like Sabers, try Gravity Strike (the second PA). Doesn't cause knockdown, but has more hits in a wider radius.

Caliban_King
Feb 13, 2007, 04:48 PM
I love Gravity Strike! I can hit quite a few enemies with it, and knock'em all back to finish'm off with the Python. I can't remember the dagger PA names, but I love the cheap one for single and the expensive one for double(jus got that one to 21 recently, lots of fun).

I'm a Fighunner so, maybe it's a little different.

RadiantLegend
Feb 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
How far did you lv the single claw PA? Did you get it to 11?

Also you might have to give some of those PAs you dont like some more play time (not including twin claws).

Tornado break and Robado are great for swarming enemies.
Spinning Break is an alternative to Dus daggas. Not as strong but can hit Air-born enemies.
Rising Crush a bit slow but send things flying
Assult crush a pain to lv but fast, good damage and crowd control.
Single claw eats PP like no other but also fast damage.

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 05:12 PM
Tornado break I used offline. I didn't like its damage over time, and it seems less useful than Dus Robado or Renkai.

Spinning break I got up to 18, and I couldn't stand its looks any more. Beyond its silliness, I don't like how it lunges forward, often making me miss my enemy. Being able to knock down birds is kind of fun, though.

Rising crush I never used, but it seems really useful when surrounded or when fighting big enemies. The reason why I don't use it is due to my dislike of swords, plus its damage over time doesn't seem really high.

Assult crush both looks good and I keep on hearing that it has high damage over time. But there's something about only hitting one enemy that doesn't bode well towards me. And again, I don't like sabers.

Single claw seems like its damage over time is huge, but I don't like how it moves. Beyond that, it looks silly. I got it to around lv13, I think, only because I synthed a 50% claw to prepare for the final PAs and wanted an excuse to use it.

Thank you for your suggestions, though.

Tiyr
Feb 13, 2007, 05:35 PM
If you don't like sabers you don't like sabers, however, the nice thing about BOTH twin PAs is that they have the highest damage multipliers in the game. Rising crush also tosses small enemies and staggers large ones at every step. It's nice for incapacitating Polavohras or Kog Nadds while your team lays into them. On the crap end, they dry up quickly. Oh, and one point for assault crush--the single target / high damage thing is actually pretty useful for one-hitbox enemies like Dilnazens or Bill de Vears.

Tornado break I actually use more the Renkai these days (even as a FG) for three reasons--wider radius, more targets, causes a flinch on every swing. I use both Tornado and Dus Robado, and while Robado's nicer the thing about Tornado is that it costs much less. I save Robado for tougher fights and use tornado on weaker mobs. Spinning break I really only use for larger creatures.

Bogga Danga starts out pretty ho-hum but is very nice at 21. Plus, the very high knuckle ATA is handy for BUGs and Mizuras.

Single claws, have to agree. I used it for a while, didn't see it doing anything I couldn't do with daggers or sabers. And they dry up on PP very quickly.

Can't speak on twin claws...they're the only melee weapons I don't have the PAs for.

But really, it sounds like you've found the ones you like already. I use a little bit of everything, but I'm kind of a completist. If you don't like Bogga Zubba, you're not likely to enjoy the second dagger PA, and if you're ruling out sabers and twins, there simply aren't enough melee PAs available to fill you up.

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 05:40 PM
You need to get your mind off of how it "looks" and focus on how it can be used.

Spinning Break: Fast/no delay compared to Tornado. It gets you a short distance quick.

Tornado Break: Windup/mid delay; Sends everything flying. The ultimate crowd control, aka FORCE SAVER. Trouble is getting to the third swing, BUT the first two swings stuns the monsters just a tab, to give you some breathing room.

Rising Strike: This, either after lvl11 or before is good for one thing. Getting monsters the HELL up out of your face, or anyone elses. I use this for that purpose. There is no desire to take it lvl30 unless you want the accuracy. Either way, attack from behind for that 100% accuracy insurance.

Buton Shoren-Zan: The best knockdown PA in the game hands down; You don't wait long for this, it's right that at the end of the first combo string. The second just adds a few kicks, plus a knockback. You can manipulate Buton Shoren-zan's movement and sometimes knockdown 2 enemies. This is tricky and requires practice. I use this PA ALL the time in HIVE and it helps ALOT.

>>It will knockdown the majority of monsters. Those that can't be knocked down, will be stunned briefly. Unfortunatly, it will make Vil de Vears do that spin attack.

Rising Crush: Modified version of Rising Strike, only difference here is, you have 1 more hit added that does a knockback. The PA works like this; Knockup > Knockup > Knockback.

>>I use this primarly on worms, and Olgohmons. But not the knockback.

Anga Redda: Magnificant. You wont bother with Anga Suckdrega no more once you get this baby to lvl11. Hits hard and fast, tiny windup. No special use for this, just kick ass with it!

Single Claw PA: This has knockup. This is what you want PA's to do in the first place. Keep enemies from trying to go on OMGOWNAGETRAINCHUUCHUU. After lvl11 it can do knockback, but before it does that, it drills in mean damage. I'd say roughly 1,000dmg on the proper enemy.

Double Claw PA #2, because #1 sucks pre lvl11: Hmm not much to say here. It makes me feel like Bruce Lee, and then it's real use becomes available when I hit the buttong a second time. It does knockup and you go up with them still attacking. That's why I use it. I'm knockxxx freak, cause it works out for the team. knockbacks though, are a no no.

>> *poke* you want this for the knockup though. Be strategic.

Dus Daggas is just a boss killer.

Those the PA's I stick with as a fortefighter and the uses I've made for them. I've abandoned Renkai Buyou-zan(long before the nerf) but it's a suicide PA. You'r doing all that spinning and it's getting your butt kicked. Gravity Strike is like dus daggas. A damage magnet. Bonga Danga is excellent for 1 to 11, but it sucks after that.

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
I think I've got my palette now. The second axe PA, both Dus Robado and daggas, the second twin dagger PA, the first dagger PA, and the first fist PA. I'll probably pick up on sabers if I start leveling fighgunner, but I think I'm satisfied until the final PAs come out. Thank you for your time.

-Ryuki-
Feb 13, 2007, 05:44 PM
To each their on Elathia. I go for looks, too.

Almalexia
Feb 13, 2007, 05:52 PM
There is nothing wrong with going for looks. But let's not forget that most of the PA's out there "look" good but suck bad and leave you wide open for some mean real deal MEGGIDO FLAMEAGE A-TRAIN 55 CHUU CHUU(too much soda today).

And those were suggestions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-13 14:53 ]</font>

Zorafim
Feb 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
I don't go totally for looks, but I won't stand for having my character doing flips in the air. If I went totally for looks, I'd have a pair of twin claws on me. Sadly, those are so horrid not even their badassery can save them.

omegapirate2k
Feb 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
Assault crush is too underrated in my opinion, I love the thing, it's just a pain to level up. Here's some advice from me, fill your pallette with your normal twin sabers then 5 1 star yohmei sabers and just keep using them all to the limit and recharging them, since most of them are C weapons they cost next to nothing to refill, just keep using it until you've hit level 21. I'm only at level 14 (Only tried the full palette thing for a few levels, unfortunately, due to the fact that I'm trying to level other PA's as well) and the damage is actually quite impressive.