PDA

View Full Version : PSU: st-t-t-t-t-tutter...

Shinzakura
Feb 13, 2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry if this one's been brought up before, but after the latest GG patch, my system seems to be on a stuttering trip while playing PSU. Not that I don't appreciate the game freezing up long enough for me to take, oh, say, 40 or so snapshots of the same frame, but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

BurningRage
Feb 13, 2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem while playing PSU on PC after the new patch.

Retehi
Feb 13, 2007, 10:50 PM
My game stuttered quite a few times, when I did a random LL run this afternoon.

Glad it just isn't me, thought it was my new video card acting funny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kirip-san
Feb 13, 2007, 10:51 PM
Whew, so it wasn't the PC~nyo.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 13, 2007, 10:51 PM
it stuttered for me too during a HIVE A mission, twice

THE JACKEL

Genji
Feb 13, 2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same problem as well.

Holo
Feb 13, 2007, 10:54 PM
OK then its just not me...... I dont mind as long as hacks go away.....which i doubt they ever will.

Syl
Feb 13, 2007, 10:55 PM
Haha looks like PS2 wins this round >.>

BurningRage
Feb 13, 2007, 10:55 PM
Looks like I'll be going back to PS2 shortly, as when I was going through Endrum Remnants, my game stuttered at least 4-5 times.

Sekani
Feb 13, 2007, 10:58 PM
Just curious: did this happen the last time they patched Gameguard? If so, did the problem go away when they did the unpopular rollback?

VanHalen
Feb 13, 2007, 11:06 PM
mine didnt stutter once

Retehi
Feb 13, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-02-13 19:55, WatchThemFeed wrote:

*shakes fist*

CrabRangoon
Feb 13, 2007, 11:21 PM
I've experienced it too, I just thought it was lag, but this was on 360, not PS2/PC... this was over the weekend, as I haven't played this week.

Para
Feb 13, 2007, 11:42 PM
I notice random 2 second freezes on my PSU client now... uncommon but still.

APEXi
Feb 14, 2007, 12:35 AM
yup, getting the stutters too/// f_ckin gameguard

Aaron777
Feb 14, 2007, 01:20 AM
yeah same for me as well...

PMB960
Feb 14, 2007, 01:48 AM
On 2007-02-13 20:42, Para wrote:
I notice random 2 second freezes on my PSU client now... uncommon but still.

Yeah it happens maybe 1 or 2 times in an hour for a couple seconds but thats it for me.

DeadlyForce
Feb 14, 2007, 06:43 AM
so am i, now i know im not the only one.

drakkula
Feb 14, 2007, 07:50 AM
my game and laptop was freezing everytime i joined a team or started an offline mission on the story mode. I deleted the GG folder and downloaded it again, then rebooted my laptop and everything seems to be better now. why dont u guys try it as well?

Ryna
Feb 14, 2007, 07:57 AM
My game is freezing for a few seconds every-so-often. It isn't too bad when I'm playing solo, but it is annoying in a team game.

Dhylec
Feb 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
I just started PC version recently, the brief pauses made me thinking it was my PC. So I guess it's not me alone.

SabZero
Feb 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
Getting it too, the client freezes (picture stops, like a freezxe frame), and the music does a repeating loop on the current few notes (dadi-dadi-dadi like). Other people confirmed they saw my char just stop doing anything.

Not like a lag spike, that's when you can move, mobs move and attack, but no damage shows up yet, becauee the server ain't responding (no blue arrow in the top right corner...

That said, definately a problem on client side, definately only after the latest GG update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Para
Feb 14, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-02-14 04:57, Ryna wrote:
My game is freezing for a few seconds every-so-often. It isn't too bad when I'm playing solo, but it is annoying in a team game.

You know... all the times I get freezes... they happen when I try to type something in lobby (Doesnt mean I freeze up everytime I type in lobby... it just means that every occurance of freezing happened when I was trying to type something in lobby).

Ryna
Feb 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-02-14 07:59, Para wrote:

On 2007-02-14 04:57, Ryna wrote:

You know... all the times I get freezes... they happen when I try to type something in lobby (Doesnt mean I freeze up everytime I type in lobby... it just means that every occurance of freezing happened when I was trying to type something in lobby).

It happened a couple of times while I was trying to cast buff spells in a Mizuraki S run. By the time the game unfroze, everyone was out of range for the spells.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 14, 2007, 11:35 AM
Ok. Sucks that there is slowdown because of the new GG patch. But isn't that what everyone was in a brouhaha for? That ST do something about its security? So now that they have... I get a sense it isn't even acknowledged as an attempt but more of a failure for ST. Maybe I don't know how bad these slowdowns are, but Ive dealt with slowdowns ever since NES, so I guess I have a higher tolerance. By no means do I mean I enjoy them, I just don't seem too bothered by them.

foamcup
Feb 14, 2007, 12:44 PM
On 2007-02-14 08:35, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Ok. Sucks that there is slowdown because of the new GG patch. But isn't that what everyone was in a brouhaha for? That ST do something about its security? So now that they have... I get a sense it isn't even acknowledged as an attempt but more of a failure for ST. Maybe I don't know how bad these slowdowns are, but Ive dealt with slowdowns ever since NES, so I guess I have a higher tolerance. By no means do I mean I enjoy them, I just don't seem too bothered by them.

This isn't slowdown, this is the game coming to a dead stop. I've been getting it for a while now, and it's even worse after the new GG update. I thought my video card was failing, but it runs Half-Life 2 fine, so I figured it was just the poor coding job on PSU, now I see it's something more. On a side note, I have not been able to connect today at all, I get into the game and it immediately kicks me with error 52: Check your network hardware. FU Sega, it worked fine last night and nothing has changed since then, so WTF is wrong with your game now?

Palefire
Feb 14, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-02-14 08:35, Scejntjynahl wrote:

It's not so much that as, "Why is ST trying to save a few bucks by using GG (a notoriously faulty programme that does very little to keep out hackers and has to be rolled back when they find out they've broken something and thereby opening the door for hackers all over again) when they really should bite the proverbial bullet and pony up a little extra for an anti-hacking programme such as Punkbuster? (Which does an excellent job of stopping hackers but without compromising gameplay) While ST can't do a blessed thing regarding GG's ineptitude, it displays a lapse of judgment on their part by using GG in the first place.

It's a very ugly flaw in an otherwise ideal game.

Deus-Irae
Feb 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
yeah im getting the lockup too. started yesterday after the update and was happening to everyone i played with.

im also getting it when i actually try to log in right before, or exactly when i get to the character select screen.

the update obviously screwed soemthing up. any word about this on the official boards?

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2007, 12:54 PM
Understood. This issue has plagued quite a few game companies, nowadays. It's a trend I tell you. So many want to use some sort of guard or protection, but often enough a litte lack of research, on the part of the game company, and people get up and arms about a product. Lest us not forget the evils of the StarForce(TM).

While good protection is few and far between, one has to be very cognizant of what works, and what is said to cause more problems than solutions. It'll be hard to say, what will really work in the future, but hopefully a good solution is found.

Palefire
Feb 14, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-02-14 09:54, Akaimizu wrote:
Lest us not forget the evils of the StarForce(TM).

Ugh. As much of a PitA as GG can be, it pales in comparison to StarForce. At least GG doesn't frell your system.

foamcup
Feb 14, 2007, 01:47 PM
Deleting the GG folder cleared my error 52 right up, and I only locked up once during two LL runs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Tengoku
Feb 14, 2007, 03:16 PM
I get about 1 every hour or so and it lasts about 5 seconds. Oddly enough, I thought it was my system as I have just recently deleted a whole mess o' folders (80 gigs worth) and thought I might have boned something up. Quite the mystery as it was a bunch of old picture and data folders. So then I thought, "video card" and was depressed, but determined to play through no matter what! No mere video card death was going to stop me!

Good info to have. Especially glad that it isn't my video card and I'm not going to have to figure out how to play this as a text game.

On 2007-02-13 20:12, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-02-13 19:55, WatchThemFeed wrote:

*shakes fist*

Indeed. I second that fist shaking. Then again, every dog has his day and today, it's PS2's day. Good doggy...

pso123hrf
Feb 14, 2007, 09:44 PM
PS2...f t w
That MUMBO jumbo never happens to me

:3