PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Ultimate Attack

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 12:52 AM
I really wish this Maximum Attack was coming to the NA version, but oh well.

Can we get some discussion going about this? Any and all details would be apperciated!

Well all this is nice and all but everyone is missing the point, I want information on the actual event for a future reference not a dicussions on whether or not it's fun or not, or if it's coming to NA, these things will come in time. For now just information please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-02-14 16:10 ]</font>

Turambar
Feb 14, 2007, 01:17 AM
What is the "This" that you are referring to?

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 01:32 AM
Maximum Attack of course I'll edit

EspioKaos
Feb 14, 2007, 01:58 AM
Ultimate Attack may very well make its way to the NA/EU servers in some form or another. Despite not being a big fan of the offline purification missions, I think that with actual human players as opposed to NPCs, they would go a lot more smoothly, and might actually be fun. I can see how deligating various tasks like scanning for blewmes, using the Photon Eraser on revealed blewmes, holding off enemy resistence, etc. to different people in the party would make things go faster. Offline, almost everything always seemed to fall on your shoulders, though I can think of a few instances when one or two of the NPCs in my party would actually go after a blewme with the Eraser of their own will.

Rashiid
Feb 14, 2007, 07:37 AM
On 2007-02-13 22:17, Turambar wrote:

ditto; neber heard of this

i thought he mean like 'whats the highest attack uve done' thinggy

Natrokos
Feb 14, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-02-13 22:58, EspioKaos wrote:
Ultimate Attack may very well make its way to the NA/EU servers in some form or another. Despite not being a big fan of the offline purification missions, I think that with actual human players as opposed to NPCs, they would go a lot more smoothly, and might actually be fun. I can see how deligating various tasks like scanning for blewmes, using the Photon Eraser on revealed blewmes, holding off enemy resistence, etc. to different people in the party would make things go faster. Offline, almost everything always seemed to fall on your shoulders, though I can think of a few instances when one or two of the NPCs in my party would actually go after a blewme with the Eraser of their own will.

I agree this would be a blast with other people.

Syl
Feb 14, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-02-14 04:37, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-02-13 22:17, Turambar wrote:

ditto; neber heard of this

i thought he mean like 'whats the highest attack uve done' thinggy

If you've played offline story mode, then maybe you can remember doing those Fire SEED missions where you had to bust out your goggles and look for those orbs and then use the laser (photon eraser) to neutralize them. This is what they are reffering to.

This will add more diversity to the current missions, I just hope the rewards are good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: 200th post!!! god some people on here have like x5 more posts than me and I've been here since '05 >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-02-14 10:50 ]</font>

Niered
Feb 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
Gahdammit I know I said I would never post here but I just gotta set something straight.

Treat this thing like an update people! Just because we dont have it yet, doesnt mean we wont. Its like the announcement on the crackdown of hackers. Were a couple months behind, it takes time to localize these things, geesh. Ill be the first to say that SEGA does favor there JP player base, but then again, wouldnt you if it was 10 times as large as your NA one? And besides, like I said, all sources to point to IT WILL get here eventually.

As for the actual missions, i think these things will be sick awesome. They were pretty boring in offline, but in online i can see it getting pretty dam frantic, what with people having to protect the purifiers while they do theyre job, i see these as being really fun.

chibiLegolas
Feb 14, 2007, 02:28 PM
I welcome missions like these just cause it's out of the norm. Time to mix things up folks!

Remember wacky missions on PSO where you get shrunk and are limited in what you can do? Fun times.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And yes, these events eventually comes over here in NA. (Look at all the other Famitsu/Max attack events from Jap.PSO that made it over). They've already done the coding work to make the missions. They just don't advertise the awards like they do in Japan for them. And sometimes, the rewards are changed up, no?
(pics taken, posted best times on official site, etc.)

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2007, 02:32 PM
Watch out. Maximum Attack sounds like a definite trip to the Japanese Anime way of thinking, when it comes to power. Which means, this could be shortly followed by something like Ultra Attack, and then several seasons later, "Perfect Attack." However, by Gundam(TM) standards, "Perfect Attack" is never Perfect, so expect an improved version shortly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Scejntjynahl
Feb 14, 2007, 02:42 PM
But some of these qualities can be found in current quest already. Even in Bruce's quest. Anywhere where there are "traps" in you can use your goggles you acquire in the online story mode chapter one. You put them on, target the trap, make trap visible, switch to handgun and shoot it. But apparently no one wants to wait for this so they just run through the traps and get hit >.>;;

foamcup
Feb 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
ONE OF THE PRIZES IS A WEEK OF LEVEL 3 LUCK!

Bring this to NA/EU prz!

Rashiid
Feb 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-02-14 10:49, WatchThemFeed wrote:

If you've played offline story mode, then maybe you can remember doing those Fire SEED missions where you had to bust out your goggles and look for those orbs and then use the laser (photon eraser) to neutralize them. This is what they are reffering to.

This will add more diversity to the current missions, I just hope the rewards are good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: 200th post!!! god some people on here have like x5 more posts than me and I've been here since '05 >.>

0Oo00O0o00 that thing....it was called that??

i just thought it was the Photon Eraser lol

Akaimizu
Feb 14, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-02-14 11:44, foamcup wrote:
ONE OF THE PRIZES IS A WEEK OF LEVEL 3 LUCK!

Bring this to NA/EU prz!

Ahh. But why wait for an update? If you become a Female Newman, chances are you'll get that for free!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-14 11:46 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 04:52 PM
Well all this is nice and all but everyone is missing the point, I want information on the actual event for a future reference not a dicussions on whether or not it's fun or not, or if it's coming to NA, these things will come in time. For now just information please.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hmm my only question is, if and when we get our Maxium attack will it be sponsered by Netcash?

This is another reason why i wish JP/NA/EU played on the same server, we could all share it, it would be awesome, and tje JP players seem really really good at this interesting missions that aren't battle focus.

I want, a garment Aura, so....bad.. ugh!

Ryna
Feb 14, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-02-14 13:52, MaximusLight wrote:
For now just information please.

The problem is that we don't know any other information beyond what has been announced. We'll just have to wait for additional info.

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 05:15 PM
Nothing at all? Not even info on some of the prizes we have no records for? Dang... maybe we can turn this into a coverage thread of it then.

By the way what's a garment Aura?

EspioKaos
Feb 14, 2007, 06:37 PM
Like Ryna said, the only info we know on this event is what's been put up on the front page news article. It says on the official page for this event that more details will be coming soon, so that's all we're waiting on.

By the way, Ryna, would you be able to edit that article? The event is actually called "Ultimate Attack," not "Maximum Attack."

Lyrise
Feb 14, 2007, 06:38 PM
As usual, the US would need to meet a certain pre-requisite before Ultimate attack will ever be released. That being having an actual sponsor for the event; because quite honestly, I've never seen SoA release one of these events on their own, when an element of competition is involved.

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 07:09 PM
That's why I didn't think it would come here.

Ryna
Feb 14, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-02-14 15:37, EspioKaos wrote:
By the way, Ryna, would you be able to edit that article? The event is actually called "Ultimate Attack," not "Maximum Attack."

I updated the news article to say "Ultimate Attack."

As Lyrise said, the biggest problem is the lack of a corporate sponsor. Based on the in-game item list, it looks like EGM (EGM Magazine Wand) was supposed to be one at some point, but we'll have to wait and see if that one turns out.

NPCMook
Feb 14, 2007, 07:22 PM
I remember just before BB beta ended there was an AOL MAXIMUM ATTACK, or was it yahoo?

Scejntjynahl
Feb 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
I think it was yahoo.

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 07:30 PM
You know if there were enough people on PSU there might be a sponsor but lets face it, this game just isn't that popular, I have yet to meet one person in real life that even knows about this game (that didn't intro duce it to me because you don't count http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Scejntjynahl
Feb 14, 2007, 07:32 PM
Boils down to lack of any form of a decent advertizement.

Ryna
Feb 14, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-02-14 16:22, NPCMook wrote:
I remember just before BB beta ended there was an AOL MAXIMUM ATTACK, or was it yahoo?

The AOL Cup was held during the BB Beta. A little bit after it ended, the Yahoo! Cup was held.

Long Live the Yahoo! Mag.

Retehi
Feb 14, 2007, 07:33 PM
"Wow that was fast! You must be using AOL!"

EspioKaos
Feb 19, 2007, 10:46 AM
Some new info has surfaced on the upcoming Ultimate Attack. First of all, this even will be running from February 22 until March 22. Just like with PSO's Maximum Attack events, a cumulative score ("purification points") will be kept for all players across all servers based on the completion of these missions. As I mentioned before, certain prizes and events will be unlocked based on the total of these points. Also, it seems that the normal quests you'd find at the the mission counters on Parum, Neudaiz and Moatoob will not be playable during this event.

Two GM events will be held during Ultimate Attack. One is called "BOYS of Fire" and the other is "Firey Screenshot Report." I'll have actual details on these once more info is released.

Oh, yeah. As we who played offline mode know, you can't have a flame SEED purification mission without a Photon Eraser. These will be distributed to mission participants at the beginning of each mission but will be collected at the end. Likewise, goggles will be passed out to all participants who haven't already gotten them from the online story mode. (These will remain in your inventory, however.)