PDA

View Full Version : Does a Higher Job Lvl effect stats as you lvl up

Orin654
Feb 14, 2007, 03:12 PM
As in, would a Lvl 10 fighunner gain more than a lvl 1 fighgunner when you lvl up?

Deja
Feb 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Edit: Even I'm confused at what I put, lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-02-14 18:31 ]</font>

Natrokos
Feb 14, 2007, 03:20 PM
Very simply a 70/10 Cast Fighgunner is a 70/10 Cast Fighgunner is a 70/10 Cast Fighgunner

No matter how you get there the end product is always the same.

Edit: I fixed an error I had made >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2007-02-14 12:41 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
i think he means, if he lvled in a match (like personal lvl, not job), if he would gain more stats as a lvl 10 Class then say a lvl 6 one

Turambar
Feb 14, 2007, 03:29 PM
No, stats gained from character lvs are independent from stats gain from job lvs.

Ether
Feb 14, 2007, 03:33 PM
If you started at 70/1, then leveled your job, you would get huge bonuses from the job level ups

If you started at 1/10, then leveled your main level, you would get larger bonuses at level-ups than a normal player would

They both end up exactly the same

AethirMordu
Feb 14, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-02-14 12:20, Natrokos wrote:
Very simply a 70/10 Cast Fighgunner is a 70/10 Cast Fighgunner is a 10/10 Cast Fighgunner

No matter how you get there the end product is always the same.

This is the first I've heard of a lv10 cast 10 fig having the same stats as a 70/10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Natrokos
Feb 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
oops fixed it....*Feels dumber then usual*

omegapirate2k
Feb 14, 2007, 03:42 PM
Yeah, your job level gives you a % increase per JOB level, not per regular level, so don't worry about it.

pso123hrf
Feb 14, 2007, 06:20 PM
Hrm...I have a level 10 force job level and level 5 ranger level.

Will that effect my evasion, TP, and/or MST? *Hopes*

:3

Randomness
Feb 14, 2007, 08:48 PM
As stated, character levels affect base stats. What you see is change in your actual stats, which is Base*% modifier.

pso123hrf
Feb 14, 2007, 09:39 PM
Ok, no need to waste my time on rasing job statz then 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

:3

DurakkenX
Feb 14, 2007, 09:57 PM
According to the last time I looked into this and talked to anyone that cares about this, which is the person who figured out all the percents we agreed pretty much that this is what happens

There is 1 set of stats that is hard coded. Not 1 per race or char like that. There is only 1 set. We will call this set base. Now, you ask well how come all the races and such are different? Because the whole system works on modifiers and not on hard coded stats. so the next step is Race Modifier followed by a Gender Modifier.

The Gender modifier is more of a function than just a simple math problem.

So basically the script goes something like this

(---example of pseudo script >.> ---)
onLoad(Base)

Race_Function {
If Race = H then
Base x Hmod = Cstat
if Race = N then
Base x Nmod = Cstat
if Race = C then
Base x Cmod = Cstat
if Race = B then
Base x Bmod = Cstat
}
Gender_Function {
if Gender = Male then
Cstat +/- Mmod = Cstat
else
Cstat +/- Fmod = Cstat
}

(--- End example ---)
The reason I'm not right exacts is cuz I don't feel like it, just give you the idea of what's going on...these numbers are still unknown anyways as noone cares about them but I bet is the reason why there are slight offsets in those player stat sheets

so... we now have what most call Base stats, but these stats are what they'd be if your char was lvl 0 with job class lvl 0. So the next part of this is how do you get stats per char. Basically each char lvl and class lvl has a basic % that defines what your stats will be, char level taking precedence. So let's just take one stat like say str and say it was set to 10 by all that other code...

(---pseudo code again woot ---)
Char Level Function {
if ChLV = 1 then
Cstr *1.1 = Cstr ------[basically 10 x 110% equals 11]
}

Class Level Function {
if ClLV = 1 then
Cstr * 1.2 = Cstr ------[basically 11 x 120% equals 13.2, but code drops the .2]
}

(---end example---)

So...in the end you have 13 STR. But let's apply this to your question...

Does class lvl effect gained stats? technically no because there are no gained stats, but rather they are simply modified...but lets go with the modifier...

let's say you have a lvl1 char with class lvl 1 and you lvl up to lvl 2, and since we already figured that lvl1 str is lvl 13 lets continue with that and not go through that again

Let's also assume that Character and Class lvl mods will simply go up 10% per lvl.

(Base x ChLV%) x ClLV = CStat
lvl1(10 x 1.1) x 1.2 = 13.2 (or 13)
lvl2(10 x 1.2) x 1.2 = 14.4 (or 14)
total gained str = 1

Now let's assume your characer it lvl 1 and you class lvl 10 and you lvl up to lvl 2... assuming the same about % once again

(Base x ChLV%) x ClLV = CStat
(10 x 1.1) x 2.1 = 23.1 (or 23)
(10 x 1.2) x 2.1 = 25.2 (or 25)
total gained str = 2

>.> hopefully this is understandable...

NPCMook
Feb 14, 2007, 10:00 PM
So if I were to level to 70, then level my type, I would have better stats than a 70/10 of the same class?

at least thats what your theory is explaining...

foamcup
Feb 14, 2007, 10:11 PM
Stats are based on race/class level, all 70/10 male newman guntechers will have the same stats, all 63/7 female beast fortefighters will have the same stats, etc., etc.

I had to explain this to a friend over the course of a week since he maintained that if he leveled up as a guntecher it would give him higher ATA as a fortecher. I laughed at him when he first said, then I laughed again when he finally realized that he was wrong. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DurakkenX
Feb 14, 2007, 10:11 PM
no...you are bad at math if you believe that...

regardless of which order you lvl your class or char you will always come up with...

(10 x 7.1) x 2.1 = 149.1 (or 149)

obviously i don't know the % increase but this is based on the assumptions of the previous post so no matter what you do you will always have the same stats when a char is this lvl and your class is a specific lvl. Since there is no increase...there is simply an illusion of that happening.

Eliash
Feb 14, 2007, 10:12 PM
Basically what is being said is that regardless of how you get to the max level and job level you will have the same stats as everyone else that is the same level and job level as you, and same race and gender.

Everything is set at a percent of a base stat. This is how certain stats are modified, there are percents for race, gender, level, and job. Two people at the same level, and job/job level will have the same stats assuming they are the same race and gender. All Male CAST Fighgunners will have the same stats when they are 70/10, likewize for other combinations.

So in short...It doesn't matter how you level, you will be just as unique as everyone else like you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DurakkenX
Feb 14, 2007, 10:49 PM
Good work Eliash >.> I couldn't have said it better...obviously lol.

Rashiid
Feb 14, 2007, 11:12 PM
yeah Eliash rapped it up....

w/o those big numbers and fancy X signs....