PDA

View Full Version : PSU. should i come back?

Slickk
Feb 15, 2007, 12:42 AM
i can get another credit card to jump start my account again. but should i come back? why? shouldn't i come back? why? is it worth my 10/month?

-Ryuki-
Feb 15, 2007, 12:44 AM
It's not a matter of "should" you come back, but rather, "do you want to"?

I say, you shouldn't come back because if you're serious about your kickboxing gig, you shouldn't be investing in an MMO. That's my two meseta.

VanHalen
Feb 15, 2007, 12:47 AM
why not? well if you do wait until the next update and the problem with hackers is(i think) beginning to go away due to that new gameguard patch

Slickk
Feb 15, 2007, 12:50 AM
i haven't been training for awhile. i just need something to keep me busy at home while i'm away from work, gym, or training

-Ryuki-
Feb 15, 2007, 01:09 AM
If you like the game, that reason enough should decide whether or not you want to stay.

If you dislike the game, that reason should also decide for you.

Palefire
Feb 15, 2007, 01:13 AM
RyukiZero has a very good point when he wrote that, "...if you're serious about your kickboxing gig, you shouldn't be investing in an MMO." However, I'd add that you shouldn't invest the amount of time needed to play a typical MMO. Most of them are not designed with entertainment in mind, but rather, a way to kill a lot of free time.

You see, I'm a comic artist, so most of my time is spent storyboarding from the script my husband writes with him and our assistant, drawing the pages, digitally-inking them, and supervising the work of our assistant. Needless to say, I don't have the time necessary for WoW or FFXI. For me, PSU is really the only game I can play on that kind of casual level. (I entertained the idea of either returning to CoH or even trying out Guild Wars, but those are also too time-intensive)

So in the end, it really depends on how committed you are to whatever goals you have and how you want to spend whatever free time you have. If the game takes up more free time than you're willing to spend, then no, it isn't worth it. However, if you'd like to play some kind of game but are more committed to your offline goals, then I'm afraid that this is the only game you have available. But if you're not enjoying the game at least on some level, then why continue to play?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Palefire on 2007-02-14 22:18 ]</font>

Holo
Feb 15, 2007, 01:41 AM
no, you shouldn't.

DurakkenX
Feb 15, 2007, 01:50 AM
It' really a matter of time management and fun. If you can't manage your time and keep your priorities straight then no, but remember You should always have fun in whatever you do no matter what and you should play as hard as you work otherwise you are just wasting your life.

Shadow_Wing
Feb 15, 2007, 01:50 AM
Well it depends, as Ryuki said if you like it then yes you should.

But as Pale pointed out a lot of MMOs out there are time sinks and do take a lot of the time in your life, I however made that statement false with my casual play (but I won't say they aren't addicting cause they are).

I personally would say no, it's so far gone that comming back in this stage of the game seems rather... idiotic to me but you're not me ^_^;.

Kimil
Feb 15, 2007, 02:18 AM
On 2007-02-14 22:41, Holo wrote:
no, you shouldn't.

Yes, You should

Syl
Feb 15, 2007, 02:22 AM
Well look at it this way, lots of updates coming our way, never know what may happen...

and hiya Chiyo!!!

Kimil
Feb 15, 2007, 02:30 AM
O_O Syl?!? Hey! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Lol, I wont be on mucht his weekend, I have to get some Highschool creds doing Com-hours >.<

Slickk
Feb 15, 2007, 02:37 AM
well i just update my account and whenever i log on i still keep getting error no. 065 your guardians license has expired. lol how long do i wait?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slickk on 2007-02-14 23:38 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 15, 2007, 02:58 AM
Next period, I suppose. Not entirely sure.

Slickk
Feb 15, 2007, 02:59 AM
dude it's taking way too fucking long

Mattardo
Feb 15, 2007, 06:27 AM
If you need other people's opinions to tell you what to do, then you have a serious problem with self-assertion and you're spending too much time under your sensei's guidance. He has obviously given you a mentality of obedience and honor and the respect of others.without tempering that state of mind with an ability to act decisively using your own decisions. This is fine, but there is a point in your life where you have to make decisions by yourself. You must rise above the formulaic kata that is defining your life, and strike in the moment without resorting to prelearned patterns and stances. Take that Kickboxing out of the sport realm and turn it into a true martial art that guides your whole entire life. Perhaps then you won't be asking people on a forum whether you should eat at Wendy's today, or go shopping on Friday or spend time playing Phantasy Star Universe. And by the way, advertising that you're a black belt in a sport art and then stating that you knock people out, is only leading to a practioner of a true combat art killing you. Survivors don't give away their hand like that. They don't brag. They let the other person brag, then they are are 5 steps ahead of the bragger. Your sensei needs to beat some humility into you.

Flamingo99
Feb 15, 2007, 07:09 AM
On 2007-02-15 03:27, Mattardo wrote:
If you need other people's opinions to tell you what to do, then you have a serious problem with self-assertion and you're spending too much time under your sensei's guidance.

chill out. It's as if you never asked for someone's advice on something.

DurakkenX
Feb 15, 2007, 07:57 AM
The greatest minds in history all say and have asked for advice...so i gotta wonder how low on the totem someone who says don't ask for advice is >.>

zSW1FT
Feb 15, 2007, 08:21 AM
Well ...I disagree with the humility thing. He isn't "advertising" his martial art or anything. Are YOU going to go to his house and pick a fight with him, or ever meet him? I think its safe to say he is just wondering moreso "do I have time to play this and have fun, and not see degression and some other facet of his life?" I play PSU casually and am a practitioner of Bagua myself so I am going to say yes, it is possible.