PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: changing Types Questions

soce
Feb 15, 2007, 09:51 AM
okay, i am a noob and I have some noob questions. what does changing from say hunter to ranger do? I want to give a few example questions and if someone could answer them I think it would really help my understanding of this.

lets say my character gains 10 levels for hunter and then i switch to ranger for 5 levels and then i switch back to a hunter. will i have better stats from the 5 levels of ranger even though i switched back to hunter? also, if i switch and get like 5 levels of force so I have to play with wands and stuff or can i still use melee weapons being that I am a beast.

Please don't flame me with "why would you want to do this" and stuff like that. i just want to understand how this works. i am confused if by picking up extra levels of ranger whether or not that would help my ACC when i moved back into hunter form.

Thanks

Sychosis
Feb 15, 2007, 09:54 AM
Every class' stats are independent of one another.

While you can melee as a force, you will be very limited in what you can use and you can only use skills as if they were level 1.

Captain_N
Feb 15, 2007, 10:02 AM
Of course you might want to check and see what expert class you want to be later on in the game. Sometimes you need to level certain "basic" job classes upto a certain level to obtain a specific expert class.

McLaughlin
Feb 15, 2007, 10:03 AM
If you switched back from Ranger to Hunter, you'd have the stats from the Hunter class, plus and stats you gained by leveling up. And before you ask, stats gained from character level-ups are not affected by the job you're playing as.

When you pick a job, you'll notice the chart underneath your selection. This lists the weapons that job can use. Forces are limited in their selection of melee weapons, and can only use melee Photon Arts that stay capped at level 1.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-15 07:10 ]</font>

soce
Feb 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks a lot guys. You have answered my question. I guess I don't understand why anyone would ever switch from Hunter to Force.... I see a number of posts about doing just this. Why on earth would anyone ever do that unless they felt that a force would be better and they are just too lazy to start over. I mean... if you start with a beast, being a ranger or force just seems 100% crazy. Am I right, no one would ever want to play FORCE if they are a beast.... right?

Tiyr
Feb 15, 2007, 10:26 AM
People occasionally do that sort of thing for a challenge. My two permanent teammates are a Beast ranger and a CAST force, mainly because they like trying to do things a bit differently.

But like they said above, certain advanced types require leveling multiple basic types, so changing may be necessary. Also, newmans and especially humans are not as pigeonholed, so you've got more room to play around.

soce
Feb 15, 2007, 10:31 AM
Okay, thanks for the info.

akratic
Feb 15, 2007, 10:36 AM
I leveled my Cast as a ranger and a force so that when advanced types came out (as they now are) I could try both fortegunner and guntecher. Being a Cast force was a fun change of pace - I just used a pistol and resta/reversered parties to support while I earned my mission points.