PDA

View Full Version : Player Vs Player Haters

natewifi
Feb 15, 2007, 10:58 PM
Why do the people who do'nt like PvP have to ruin it for everyone else who does? There's nothing to lose on behalf of the people who dont want PvP, and a plus on peole who do want PvP. It's not fair that people that do want PvP have to deal with people who bitch about it when they dont even have to play it! Just dont play i as simple as that, you dont have to down the whole idea of PvP and try to prevent it from happening.

Half the people I played with so far I asked if they wanted to see PvP be released, most of the peopl sed yes. I dont get it, this isnt PSO where PvP is blocky and boring. So what do you people who absolutely despise PvP have against it? It seems selfish of people who dont like PvP, feel that they have to brush off this great idea, thats bound to bring peole back and be fun...YOU JUST CANT BE A SORE LOSER!!!

p.s.My grammar is terrible, I know.

Sekani
Feb 15, 2007, 11:01 PM
PvP in PSU is stupid. True story.

Krans
Feb 15, 2007, 11:03 PM
I'm not big on PvP but i don't hate it either. My question to you would be, why do you care if people like it or not? like you said they dont have to play it, you dont have to argue with them, same concept

McLaughlin
Feb 15, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-02-15 20:01, Sekani wrote:

It's true.

Sychosis
Feb 15, 2007, 11:05 PM

I saw it in a newspaper.

natewifi
Feb 15, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-02-15 20:03, Krans wrote:
I'm not big on PvP but i don't hate it either. My question to you would be, why do you care if people like it or not? like you said they dont have to play it, you dont have to argue with them, same concept

It matters, because of all the negative comments could have effect upon the creation of P v P aka the above comment, theres nothing to lose so why do you have to say something thats not going help?

natewifi
Feb 15, 2007, 11:09 PM
All this stuff you guys are saying is not helping anything one bit, your not even answering the questions I asked professionally. It doesnt make sence to me if its a waist of time to you, why do you waist time posting comments about it if you hate it, thats just being totally selfish.

Lastat27
Feb 15, 2007, 11:10 PM
Things we want done:

1. Get rid of hacking, or slow it down so much its not noticeable.

2. Stop all the servers from crashing daily.

3. Give us a Gameguard update that doesn't prevent us from logging in.

4. Give us a Gameguard update that doesn't pound us with massive lag spikes every 5 minutes.

5. New employee's at Sega who will actually talk to the community and tell us what the heck is going on when something retarded happens.

10. More content updates.

1336. Sweep the floors at Gawik's Pub.

1337. Add Player versus Player combat.

Krans
Feb 15, 2007, 11:10 PM
Only reason i can think of is people would rather have Sega spend time on other updates rather then adding in a whole new mode for PvP, again im playing devils advocate i don't really care if they add it or not, nor am i complaining about it being added. I'm just trying to give you some perspective, with that said it's much more irritating trying to explain to people why picking up monomates on S runs with set in order is dumb

DonRoyale
Feb 15, 2007, 11:14 PM

Yeah. From what I heard, I hear there's this super-special-secret forum in PSO World...I heard it's called Rants:Dead Horse Society...I wonder what it's for? Hmm...

EDIT: Note that this post is not directed at Sekani. =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2007-02-15 20:15 ]</font>

xRei
Feb 15, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-02-15 20:10, Lastat27 wrote:
Things we want done:

1336. Sweep the floors at Gawik's Pub.

1337. Add Player versus Player combat.

I love how the PvP entry is "1337"...

Anyways, I thought that was funny, but in my opinion PvP might not be all that fun if you're up against a high lvl ranger who just strafs backwards with a high powered rifle or a gernade launcher... (well, i see that as being annoying cause I'm a fortefighter)

natewifi
Feb 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
You have common sence to know "hey maybe I should leave and find someone who is evenly matched." Of course theres other stuff to worry about, but you guys arent noticing that its totally not fair that you guys think its okay to get w/e updates after everything is put together (which should be in like the next two updates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) and others dont get what they want. This is a popular site and could somehow effect the updates (its possible).

Krans
Feb 15, 2007, 11:34 PM
true it is possible, but then again is Sega guys come here maybe they will see this thread, notice your love for PvP and add it in the next update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Krans
Feb 15, 2007, 11:35 PM
Even better, if they read the negative comments, it might motivate them to make the PvP mode better

Sekani
Feb 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
I don't care how much you want PvP, it's still stupid.

I don't want it added to the game because it's stupid. The classes are not balanced for PvP, so I'll have to see more stupid threads from stupid people whining about stupid freeze and stupid forces and stupid status effects and stupid "nerf them!" whining. Stupid.

I don't want it added to the game for other people besides me because those other people will be stupid, and then I'll have to play this game with stupid people (as in even more stupid than usual).

Phantasy Star Universe is NOT a player versus player game. If you can't accept that, you're stupid.

Now stop being stupid and stop asking for stupid PvP.

Retehi
Feb 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
Sega of Japan is the one that handles the additions/updates, whatever. Sega of America reading an internet forum for addition ideas? lol

ShadowDragon28
Feb 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
The game mechanics of character classes are geared more for team-based co-op, and *some* solo'ing. PvP is not really conducive to the systems PSU has currently.

Personally i'm no fan of PvP as far to many immature jerks like to abuse the feature in MMO's.

After the spamming chat-bubble chaos the erupted during SoA's V-Day photo taking event, it pretty much proved that 90% of PSU player can't act civil or respectable manner enough to play PvP with any modecum of *honor* or civility. IMO.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
PSU is not a PvP game, seriously think about it, wouldn't work well at all.

THE JACKEL

natewifi
Feb 15, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-02-15 20:37, Sekani wrote:

I don't want it added to the game because it's stupid. The classes are not balanced for PvP, so I'll have to see more stupid threads from stupid people whining about stupid freeze and stupid forces and stupid status effects and stupid "nerf them!" whining. Stupid.

I don't want it added to the game for other people besides me because those other people will be stupid, and then I'll have to play this game with stupid people (as in even more stupid than usual).

Phantasy Star Universe is NOT a player versus player game. If you can't accept that, you're stupid.

This is a constructive criticism topic gtfo @sshole, and its not always about what you want grow-up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-15 21:02 ]</font>

natewifi
Feb 16, 2007, 12:02 AM
You guys are boring plain and simple, the way some of you are reacting is way out of line. Just forget the whole thing, all you guys wanna do is flame out of selfishness, its improper. I never said anything towards you, for you to call me stupid. Jesus Christ what does it take to have all intelligent, nice people? Some of you guys are just being jerks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-15 21:05 ]</font>

huntlyon
Feb 16, 2007, 12:07 AM
let the forces turn PVP into a one sided killing affair like in PSO... exploiting elements even worse...

think of a 70/10 fT with a 9 star wand, Har/quick, alternating foie, diga, and damubarta.. then realize no one else has a chance in hell after they burn through their mates

Sekani
Feb 16, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-02-15 19:58, natewifi wrote:
So what do you people who absolutely despise PvP have against it?

You asked, don't get all pissy because you didn't like the answer. That's just stupid.

Tengoku
Feb 16, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-02-15 20:57, natewifi wrote:
This is a constructive criticism topic gtfo @sshole, and its not always about what you want grow-up.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-15 21:02 ]</font>
Oddly enough, posting on a public forum will bring comments that you don't like. Obviously, you would prefer if the topic was about what you like, based on your statements. It's a discussion, and not a one-sided chant.

Here's the problem with implementing PvP into an enviroment that didn't have PvP originally. PvP that is both fair and fun requires balanced classes so that competing against other players is not one sided. PSU doesn't have balanced classes as the classes are meant to work together and not against each other. PvP only really works if PvP is part of the design from the beginning, and by that I mean character/ class design. Any design changes after the fact will bring about the dreaded "nerfbat o' doom (tm)" and will really have people complaining as their PA's suddenly are doing, at a minimum, 1/2 of their current damage so they don't kill other players instantly in PvP. Strangely, I have a feeling that, somehow, protransers would become the strongest class and the community would erupt with cries of protest. The Protransers, however, would merely smile smugly and continue protransing or whatever it is they do. They're a quiet lot with lots of pride. And traps. Lots of traps.

As to a question you asked in your OP, people complain about PvP because it adds levels of competitiveness, one-upmanship, and elitism to a game. There's enough elitism to be had on these boards as well as in the game that the social effects brought on by implementation of PvP would really make for some unhealthy attitudes.

Also, if you think the hackers are bad now, wait until the ability to kill another player is coded in and prepare for the bodies to be piled up in the various field bases and even in your own room. Unlikely? Perhaps, but realize hackers are there to ruin the game for you and this would be the best thing that could ever happen to them. PM bombing would be passe and I'm sure we'd be seeing PK room-killing contests on youtube the very next day.

But by all means, please continue to try and get PvP coded into the game. However, if all you're doing is complaining about how people not liking PvP ruins your day, consider this your one post to that effect. Anything after this is whining and certainly won't be given any constructive answers... unless you like flames.

VanHalen
Feb 16, 2007, 12:54 AM
i believe PvP in PSU would actually be fun and not feel like some turn-based thing that PSO's was(that was a big disappoint meant for me lol) but if you see how you fight these humanoid shaped characters like the vol brothers, rouges, endrum androids, radical religous groups (communion of guhral) doesnt that seem more like how it would be. and be honest fighting those humanoid shaped enemies is fun.

i dont care about the whole "broken class" thing as someone said before in this topic this game is more team based so even if someone was not that good at fighting another class their teammates can help out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-02-15 21:56 ]</font>

Kent
Feb 16, 2007, 02:29 AM
Some people don't want PvP, because PvP mainly attracts one type of person: The self-righteous, harassing, and abusive elitist. The kind of person that nobody wants anything to do with.

If PvP were an option in PSU (which, realistically speaking, it probably never will, unless there is an expansion pack), then yes, it would attract a lot more people. Conversely, it would attract a lot of people with whom the more mature players don't want to associate themselves, and in effect, would lead to mass-harassment (thus the term "carebears" - used to harass people who don't want to fight others).

Bottom line: Highly competative gameplay disrupts otherwise mostly-peaceful settings, because peoples' egos get in the way, and harass others that don't want to fight them, beat them, or get beaten by them. Not everyone is like that, that enjoys PvP, of course, by a vast, vast majority actually are this immature. This is why people don't like PvP - in addition to liking to work with someone more than working against someone.

geewj
Feb 16, 2007, 03:10 AM
On 2007-02-15 20:06, natewifi wrote:

On 2007-02-15 20:03, Krans wrote:

It matters, because of all the negative comments could have effect upon the creation of P v P aka the above comment, theres nothing to lose so why do you have to say something thats not going help?

It's not a topping on a sandwich. The down side is it takes development and focus away from other aspects of the game. So if you don't want to like PvP then you better speak up when it comes up, otherwise they'll spend more time on that and less time on whatever it is you did want.

DonRoyale
Feb 16, 2007, 07:33 AM

A fucking men.

Almalexia
Feb 16, 2007, 09:12 AM
I have no desire to beat someone's ass with my character.

Neith
Feb 16, 2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah, get with PvP. [/sarcasm]

PSU is not a PvP game. The classes are unbalanced, even for PvE, if PvP was introduced, there'd have to be another PA/stat rebalance.

To be blunt, if you want PvP, go play something else. PSU isn't that kind of game. Hell, even PSO wasn't, and that had a Battle Mode.

Probably the reason you can't be a HUnewearl- they'd own too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

CupOfCoffee
Feb 16, 2007, 10:34 AM
Much like bad movies and bad music, bad video games attract bad crowds. PVP in PSU simply wouldn't be balanced enough to work well, as basically everyone except natewifi agrees. A PVP system as retarded as the one PSU would sport, should it ever get one, would almost certainly bring in only the most emotionally crippled and assholish of PVP fans.

If you want PVP, why not play a game that's already implemented it successfully?

PJ
Feb 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
The only thing I see wrong with adding a PvP, outside the mindset that comes with it, is the lack of a blocking function. I really don't get AT ALL how the classes would be unbalanced for PvP...

What's that? Forces have Diga? I can sidestep out of the way? Oh, hell, I didn't think that'd work. Then you get UP to the force, and forces are just SO well known for their excellent defense...

I wouldn't be that afraid of rangers as a Hunter either, although if there were a balancing issue, it'd just be to make SEs work less in PvP.

The fighting system (Minus the lack of a blocking button) I think would be GREAT for PvP. But, then again, the mindset... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Scejntjynahl
Feb 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-02-15 21:28, Tengoku wrote:
Strangely, I have a feeling that, somehow, protransers would become the strongest class and the community would erupt with cries of protest. The Protransers, however, would merely smile smugly and continue protransing or whatever it is they do. They're a quiet lot with lots of pride. And traps. Lots of traps.

Just because this brought a smile to me.

On topic:

If they did have PvP it better be like PSO where you "choose" to go into that field. If its on any field like WoW or L2... forget it. >=(

Sinue_v2
Feb 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
I would love to have PvP implimented in PSU.

Just as long as noone else but me were allowed to attack and kill other players.

As an aside, an option to 'turn on friendly fire" would be great too. PSU isn't exactly Streets of Rage - but I can still see myself in a group just randomly beating the crap out of each other while the monsters stand around saying... "wtf is wrong with these people?"

PJ
Feb 16, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-02-16 10:41, Sinue_v2 wrote:
As an aside, an option to 'turn on friendly fire" would be great too. PSU isn't exactly Streets of Rage - but I can still see myself in a group just randomly beating the crap out of each other while the monsters stand around saying... "wtf is wrong with these people?"

The first thing I've had to agree with in this whole thread. OWNAGE.

Garroway
Feb 16, 2007, 01:49 PM

You're stupid and yet it doesn't seem to ruin my gaming expierence because I just don't play with you.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 16, 2007, 04:44 PM
Here's the deal:

People who want PvP want it primarily so they can be competitive with eachother (with the exception of the few assoles who want it so they can go PK just to ruin someone's run).

People who don't want PvP don't want to be running through a mission, have some idiot join and stab them in the back, so they can run off spamming Cut-in chats reading, "lol, i killd u!" That would be irritating.

PvP, implemented similarly to that in PSO would be reasonable, I think. It would allow the PvPers to PvP all they want, while not requiring PvE'rs to participate.

Sinue_v2
Feb 16, 2007, 06:57 PM
People who want PvP want it primarily so they can be competitive with eachother (with the exception of the few assoles who want it so they can go PK just to ruin someone's run).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

To tell the truth, I'm probably too much of a softy to actually kill people and be an ass like that. But I would definately love to annoy people by randomly giving them a few choice cracks to the back of the head with my knuckles.

Kent
Feb 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-02-16 10:49, Garroway wrote:

You're stupid

Best.

Comeback.

Ever.

Uncle_bob
Feb 17, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-02-15 21:02, natewifi wrote:
You guys are boring plain and simple, the way some of you are reacting is way out of line. Just forget the whole thing, all you guys wanna do is flame out of selfishness, its improper. I never said anything towards you, for you to call me stupid. Jesus Christ what does it take to have all intelligent, nice people? Some of you guys are just being jerks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-15 21:05 ]</font>

"and its not always about what you want grow-up."

Thread over.

Solstis
Feb 17, 2007, 02:46 AM
Anyone else think that PA spamming would be astoundingly annoying in PVP? Actually, though, it would be really funny to get thrown into the air by rising strike.

Tengoku
Feb 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
I think team-based PvP would work far better for PSU than 1-on-1 Pvp. Probably be more fun as well. Capture the flag anyone?

I'd prefer that SEGA not take away from whatever it is that they're developing and put it into PvP though. I want more clothes!