PDA

View Full Version : X-BOX 360: SOL w/XBL?

CrabRangoon
Feb 15, 2007, 11:56 PM
So my lease is up at the end of this month, and it is probable that I may not continue living with my current room mate. Only catch is, I played PSU on his console, on his LIVE account this whole time. I'm 99% sure that if we part ways, and I get my own 360 and LIVE account, that there is absolutely NO WAY for me to transfer my PSU character information from one account to another.. Before I take this for truth, can anybody confirm this for me? At the worst, I'd create my own, and transfer all my money and equipment to the new characters, and eat it. But, more likely than not, I'll just buy over his LIVE account and take over future funding of it, so he can get started on a new LIVE account of his own :fingers crossed:
Is there any hope?
(in before "why teh fawk dont you have your own 360/LIVE account? duh")

Sekani
Feb 16, 2007, 12:18 AM
Short answer: you're screwed.

MayLee has firsthand experience with this situation, you should ask her about it.

Akaimizu
Feb 16, 2007, 06:19 AM
Yeah. That's pretty much the case if you play a character, on someone else's account, for any online game, like this.

foamcup
Feb 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-02-16 03:19, Akaimizu wrote:
Yeah. That's pretty much the case if you play a character, on someone else's account, for any online game, like this.

So many unneccesary commas. The unnatural pauses makes it sound like William Shatner talking. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sychosis
Feb 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
Shatner > You.
And now
Akaimizu > You.

foamcup
Feb 16, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-02-16 09:08, Sychosis wrote:
Shatner > You.
And now
Akaimizu > You.

Yes, yes he is.

xjustsumloser
Feb 16, 2007, 01:21 PM
yea i cant stress enough to people to make an xbox live silver account on other peoples 360's if they plan on using it for gaming. Since everything is tied to it. And since PSU doesn't require u to have a gold account you could have kept all your stuff.

Itchee
Feb 16, 2007, 02:09 PM
You'd still be able to transfer all your stuff...provided you get both 360s and logon with both characters. At the very least, I would attempt to do that. Sucks that you gotta re-make your character....would suck even worse if you had to completely start over from scratch.

MayLee
Feb 16, 2007, 02:10 PM
You're screwed buddy. Let's partner up sometime. -_-

Akaimizu
Feb 16, 2007, 04:37 PM
Shatner, you say?

Just wait until you hear me talk through the song of Shaft!!

And then I'm going to start introducing myself with a handshake gesture, and the word, "Akaimizu".

But first, I need to put on a Policeman's uniform and jump on the hoods of vehicles driven by suspects.

Natrokos
Feb 16, 2007, 04:45 PM
My friend had her profile corrupted when downloaded some demo from the marketplace and can't even get on PSU now....It's kind of annoying having your data locked into a profile.

MayLee
Feb 16, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-02-16 13:45, Natrokos wrote:
My friend had her profile corrupted when downloaded some demo from the marketplace and can't even get on PSU now....It's kind of annoying having your data locked into a profile.

Ouch..

Pengfishh
Feb 16, 2007, 09:51 PM
Well hey! Now there's an edge up for PS2 PSU. Our characters are locked to our accounts that are locked to our credit cards. I can play anywhere!!