PDA

View Full Version : Next Update: March 2nd

Zorafim
Feb 16, 2007, 02:07 AM
On 2007-02-16 1:30, the PSU staff wrote:
Maintenance will begin in half an hour.

So, um, they will not add in the final PAs until the 2nd, but they go ahead and have maintenance on who knows what because it's expected.

Huh?

-Ryuki-
Feb 16, 2007, 02:10 AM
No new content will be in this one.

..But maybe they'll fix some glitches, like the random screen-freezing one.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 16, 2007, 02:14 AM
Address any issues the servers may be having lately.

Maintenance and Updates are two different things. Sure, they can go together, but they both don't always have to be there.

Ether
Feb 16, 2007, 02:16 AM
I hope they fix game guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuard freezing every few minutes

-Ryuki-
Feb 16, 2007, 02:16 AM
I wasn't expecting any updates XD

If there's "maintenance" going on, I'd EXPECT something to be fixed. Otherwise, there shouldn't be server disconnects on Thursday nights.

SpikeOtacon
Feb 16, 2007, 02:18 AM
It's just some time for the servers to cool their jets so they don't become liquid silicone wafers

desolant11
Feb 16, 2007, 02:19 AM
they are probably going to take down the v-day theme.

Krans
Feb 16, 2007, 02:20 AM
great they say mar 2nd, and do it now, i could have came on earlier bleh oh wells anyone know how long?

VanHalen
Feb 16, 2007, 02:21 AM
maybe get rid of the hacked s-ranks(one can hope)

-Ryuki-
Feb 16, 2007, 02:21 AM
It shouldn't take long, honestly. If it does, that's heinous.

SpikeOtacon
Feb 16, 2007, 02:24 AM
On 2007-02-15 23:21, RyukiZero wrote:
It shouldn't take long, honestly. If it does, that's heinous.

Yeah, wasn't last week's update maintenence done in an hour and a half or something?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpikeOtacon on 2007-02-15 23:25 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 16, 2007, 02:25 AM
If there's "maintenance" going on, I'd EXPECT something to be fixed. Otherwise, there shouldn't be server disconnects on Thursday nights.

Assuming there are things getting done, then I don't mind weekly maintience. After all, the point is to "maintain" the servers - so even if it's just routine preventative maintinence which is totally invisable to us, I'm glad it's being done - rather than taking the reactionary pose of only doing maintence after a problem occurs.

The only thing I would like for them to change about it is the fact that they probably don't have to take down all the servers. They could easily take down 8 uni's at a time and maintain them while allowing us play on the other 8. This way we could play uninterrupted - sort of like how we all used to jump ship from the NA to the EU, to the JP servers when they used to do maintinence on PSO.

-Ryuki-
Feb 16, 2007, 02:29 AM
On 2007-02-15 23:25, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Assuming there are things getting done, then I don't mind weekly maintience. After all, the point is to "maintain" the servers - so even if it's just routine preventative maintinence which is totally invisable to us, I'm glad it's being done - rather than taking the reactionary pose of only doing maintence after a problem occurs.

The only thing I would like for them to change about it is the fact that they probably don't have to take down all the servers. They could easily take down 8 uni's at a time and maintain them while allowing us play on the other 8. This way we could play uninterrupted - sort of like how we all used to jump ship from the NA to the EU, to the JP servers when they used to do maintinence on PSO.

I like that "take down 8 uni's at a time" idea.

Now if only Sega would listen. -Cough.-

Nani-chan
Feb 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
Do females get the "furry" outifts on march 2nd? I want tails, and to make yiff jokes.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 16, 2007, 02:32 AM
I'll miss the V-day lobby decos and hunting for Rappy Amure's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I can't wait for the next thingy with special rappies!

I did manage to get 7 of the cute, elusive bastards. So that was 2 Rappy Feathers and 5 BT lovers, kept 1 of them; sold 2 and about to sale my last 2 spare BT Lovers.

Raking in much needed cash for PM food and those pricey synth mats I need so i can synth some A-ranks weps (cause many ppl charge Massive Damage amounts of meseta for frakking Junelines, etc!) *sigh*

SpikeOtacon
Feb 16, 2007, 02:32 AM
On 2007-02-15 23:29, RyukiZero wrote:

Now if only Sega would listen. -Cough.-

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Man, if Sega listened to it's customers...

Garnet_Moon
Feb 16, 2007, 02:34 AM
On 2007-02-15 23:16, Ether wrote:
I hope they fix game guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuard freezing every few minutes

Yes. It wouldn't be a problem if it was just PSU, but even when i'm watching a video on Media Player and GG decides to freeze for a few moments, my entire PC joins it in frozen hell

:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-15 23:34 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Feb 16, 2007, 02:44 AM
This is kind of odd, but the site only says there is maintenence going on for Xbox 360 servers, and that PC and PS2 are up.

desolant11
Feb 16, 2007, 02:45 AM
On 2007-02-15 23:32, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I'll miss the V-day lobby decos and hunting for Rappy Amure's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I can't wait for the next thingy with special rappies!

I did manage to get 7 of the cute, elusive bastards. So that was 2 Rappy Feathers and 5 BT lovers, kept 1 of them; sold 2 and about to sale my last 2 spare BT Lovers.

Raking in much needed cash for PM food and those pricey synth mats I need so i can synth some A-ranks weps (cause many ppl charge Massive Damage amounts of meseta for frakking Junelines, etc!) *sigh*

yeah i'll have to see if i can get a BTL on the cheap before people realize whats up.

i believe the next lobby event is white day. could be wrong about that. i don't think there is special rappies for white day. could be wrong about that too.

Sinue_v2
Feb 16, 2007, 02:46 AM
PS2/PC servers are up currently. No obvious changes that I see. (Valentines is still underway)

Zorafim
Feb 16, 2007, 02:48 AM
Oh, I hope there aren't any more rappies. I still don't have my Skill PP save.