PDA

View Full Version : Im new, words of wisdom for a PSU newbie?

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 02:23 PM
Any words of wisdom for a PSU newbie?

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-16 14:34 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Feb 16, 2007, 02:24 PM
no

...haha jk

find somebody who knows what they're doing online and get them to show you around? have you played offline yet? have you read the manual?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-16 11:26 ]</font>

Captain-Rio
Feb 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
Save your money is all i know.

Zorafim
Feb 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
Hm, nothing really to say... Have fun, I guess. It's not that difficult a game to figure out.

Oh, Play the tutorial. That may help you a bit. Also, offline mode almost doesn't suck, so give it a try.

SuperRygar
Feb 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-02-16 11:25, Captain-Rio wrote:
Save your money is all i know.

ONLY on XBOX

if your on PS2/PC money is extremely easy to come by

Itchee
Feb 16, 2007, 02:37 PM
What version are you playing on? While alot of people might be able to answer random questions pertaining to the game, you'd be best to find someone to play with in whatever version of the game youre on. If you happen to be on 360, gimme a shout......id be happy to get you up to speed.

GamerTag = ItcheeASS

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 03:03 PM
Ok.. I'll be perfectly honest. I don't even own the game yet... but i've been saving up to buy an xbox360 and PSU. I should have it pretty soon but i wont be able to get online for a while. Dang internet problems...

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah, I should probably mention that I've never played online before. I've been playing PSO for a llong time but never could get online.

Itchee
Feb 16, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well....Welcome to PSU! (even if it is a little premature)
Once you get online gimme a shout....there a quite a few of us from PSO-W who are on all tha time...

Captain-Rio
Feb 16, 2007, 03:08 PM
If you have the 360 version i'll help you on some missions. BTW what race are you going to be?

Mattardo
Feb 16, 2007, 03:08 PM
Buy a PS2 and a keyboard. It will save you the agony of listening to people use their microphones as American Idol tryout props. No, seriously. Voice chat shouldn't be a part of this game. You should at least have the ability to read and write to converse with others in this game.

Itchee
Feb 16, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-02-16 12:08, Mattardo wrote:
Buy a PS2 and a keyboard. It will save you the agony of listening to people use their microphones as American Idol tryout props. No, seriously. Voice chat shouldn't be a part of this game. You should at least have the ability to read and write to converse with others in this game.

Anyway.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dont listen to that. Everyone is perfectly capable of using a USB keyboard with tha 360 version if thats what you want to do. See, tha thing is, we have more options on the 360...i.e. we get mics and such. Saying dont get the 360 version cuz of the mic is tha lamest reason not to get one. If the person two posts up gets crappy parties with retards who cant speak....well T.S. Noone is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to use a mic.....Tho it sometimes seems like some of the PC/PS2 players would like you to think so...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-02-16 12:15 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 16, 2007, 03:14 PM
Hi! You are actually getting in at a good time. The demo was just re-released for the 360 version which means that there should be an influx new players. My advice would be to play in Pick up groups and find some people who are like-minded (i.e. are willing to play as much as you/want to accomplish the same things as you/ are generally nice to play with, etc.) and level yourself up with them!

Also, don't listen to Mr. Tardo up there. Most people don't abuse their microphone privleges. And if they do, you can always turn your mic off and converse using a USB keyboard. Best of both worlds. But voice chat makes things go faster and better, IMO.

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 03:53 PM
Im prolly gonna create a human character. I'm not really sure yet. And my bro has a ps2 but i really dont like it. I wanna xbox 360. I played a demo for Tony Hawk 8 and bout peed myself when i saw the graphics... way too realistic... But anyways i should be online in about a month i hope.

JAFO22000
Feb 16, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-02-16 12:53, melton100 wrote:
I played a demo for Tony Hawk 8 and bout peed myself when i saw the graphics... way too realistic... But anyways i should be online in about a month i hope.

I hope you're not buying this game for the graphics....remember, this was built for the PS2, and the graphics reflect that.

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 04:00 PM
No im buying PSU because i really liked PSO and i'll be able to play online and from what i've heard this is an awesome game. PSO was my favorite Gamecube game and i have high hopes for this one. Gah i want this game now... im so impatient.

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 05:01 PM
Can anyone tell me what's up with the "beast" characters?

Itchee
Feb 16, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-02-16 14:01, melton100 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what's up with the "beast" characters?

Theyre...well, Beastial!

No, seriously...Beasts make up the backbone of the melee force in PSU. They excel at it. They also can obtain Nanoblast tattoos at LVL.20 which turns them into hairy, ass-kicking killing machines for a few seconds...

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hmm... i dont guess anyone could go in depth about hte job system in PSU(force, hunter, ranger) for me?

Itchee
Feb 16, 2007, 05:23 PM
Well...
The main 3 classes are as follows....Force = Magician, Hunter = Melee Fighter, Ranger = Ranged Fighter. There are also advanced classes you can obtain by leveling up those 3 classes...
Fighgunner = Melee / Ranged Fighter (Hunter LV5 & Ranger LVL 3)
Fortefighter = Advanced Melee Fighter (Hunter LVL10)
Fortetecher = Advanced Magician (Force LVL10)
Fortegunner = Advanced Ranged Fighter (Ranger LVL10)
Wartecher = Melee/Magic User Combo (Hunter LVL3 & Force LVL5)
Guntecher = Ranger/Magic User Combo (Ranger LVL5 & Force LVL3)
Protranser = Trap Expert (Hunter, Ranger, Force LVL5)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-02-16 14:26 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 16, 2007, 05:37 PM
Basically, you get the same basic jobs as PSO, but can switch between for a fee.

Both job and character have seperate levels, character determines base stats, then job gives modifiers.

For expert classes, you have pures, hybrids, and Protranser, which is something of a hunter-ranger hybrid, but has some lower stats and excels at traps.

melton100
Feb 16, 2007, 05:55 PM
Wow.. sounds complicated