PDA

View Full Version : So I got it...

Furiden
Feb 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
Sucked it up, went out, and got PSU PC version today. xD I've heard quite a bit of good and bad things about the game, but I'm an old PSO fan, and I have to at least try this.

So, I don't really know hardly...well anything about PSU really, lol. So I'll be learning the ropes this whole weekend. If there are any other new players getting the game, or any experienced players who won't mind helping out a nooby for a bit, look me up, I should be under the name Furiden ingame. I'll be logging on shortly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Feb 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
all i can say is, good luck, Tadpole;

ur in for a hellaova ride!

Reginaldo
Feb 16, 2007, 07:49 PM
Well coincidentally enough I just started an alt. So if you want we can level up together while I explain anything you're confused about.

It'll be like guardian training school. >.>

Or like having a padwan. <.<

Zorafim
Feb 16, 2007, 07:50 PM
If you wish to learn the ropes before you play, try story mode. Offline is unbalanced to such a degree that you're basically going to be a melee no matter what (though I never tried force, come to think about it...), but at least you'll learn everything else. If going offline doesn't appeal to you, there's no harm in just taking the online tutorial and going from there. Same thing really... Expect differences from other Phantasy Star games (I'm under the impression that none of the previous PS creators even know that PSU is out).

-Rune-
Feb 16, 2007, 08:58 PM
I dun have anymore lowby chars, but once you get to around 20ish I can play wif my FO *Princess Sleena* or my Hume *Sian Bleu* both in their 20's

foamcup
Feb 16, 2007, 09:01 PM
When you get to somewhere around level 50-70, we can rock some missions. If you stick around that long.

jizaboz
Feb 16, 2007, 09:03 PM
Cool

Shinzakura
Feb 16, 2007, 10:01 PM
Don't forget to join up with the PSOW group gatherings on Uni 15. You'll meet a lot of pretty cool folks there.

Furiden
Feb 16, 2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys, for all the responses.

I'll definitely check out Universe 15, Shinzakura, to try to meet some people, thanks.

And Reginaldo, I'd definitely be game for a partner to level with. Just got on and did the tutorial, and the first mission myself, I think I"m level...4 or 5 now. O_o lol

Couple questions though. Just some noob things I haven't really figured out then, and I figure you experienced players could probably tell me what's up without even thinking.

I was wondering, is there a private message form of anytype in the game? Like a /whisper, or /tell so I can send messages to people, even if they're not in the same universe / zone as me? Basically is there anyway to talk to people long-distance in this game?

Also, since I've had quite a few nice people tell me to look them up ingame, is there any actual way of doing so? Like is there a command to check and see if a user is online or anything? Maybe a /search (name) or something?

These to things would help a lot, because then if I could look up people, and find out a way to talk to them, I can bug them with all my other noob questions, instead of typing out all the millions of them on these forums, lol.

Thanks again though guys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shinzakura
Feb 16, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-02-16 19:18, Furiden wrote:
I was wondering, is there a private message form of anytype in the game? Like a /whisper, or /tell so I can send messages to people, even if they're not in the same universe / zone as me? Basically is there anyway to talk to people long-distance in this game?

Also, since I've had quite a few nice people tell me to look them up ingame, is there any actual way of doing so? Like is there a command to check and see if a user is online or anything? Maybe a /search (name) or something?

Thanks again though guys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The only thing I can think of is Simple Mail, which works the same as it did in PSO.

If you need some reliable people to play with on Uni 15, feel free to look me up (my charas are Shizuka and Da Funk Phenomenon).

PMB960
Feb 17, 2007, 01:16 AM
You need to trade partner cards with people. Then you can see if they are online and send them messages. Basically just go to a PSOW meet and get everyones card.

Furiden
Feb 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
I guess giving cards in this game is a lot more casual than I thought. That's cool though, thanks.

Got my first group yesterday, it was pretty awesome. Me and these two other really nice people just trucked through some missions.

More noob questions though, for anybody who's not sick of seeing my name yet, lol.

1. What are good weapon sets to use for CAST Rangers? Right now all I have is a rifle which I upgraded from my starting one, and a pistol/saber combo. Are Rangers more proficient with any other kind of weapon combos than what I'm using?

2. How do I get Photon Arts I think they're called, for my rifle? Or can I even? I did the tutorial, and it gave me one for my sword, but I don't use the sword too much, I try to sit back and just use my rifle, seems like that's what Rangers should do, lol. So do I have to buy those, or does it come with level, or what?

3. Is crafting a big deal in this game? I'm picking up lots of little items, that aren't healing items are anything, just like random stuff...and I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I just sell it to a vendor, or keep it for later, or try to craft something, kind of lost right now when it comes to all that.

4. I could've sworn I read something about players being able to set up their own shops in this game. So like, other players can run by, and buy things from your shop. Is that true? I guess that'd be what I should do with all those random items, if they were crafting mats and people need them to make armor and weapons.

5. I also thought I read about there being a voice chat in this game, like in groups. How's that work?

*Edit* 6. Is there any way to play this game in full-screen mode, but make it so you can still alt+tab out of the window, to like open up the internet, or anything else? I was right in the middle of a mission the other day, and Norton came up with a popup, and it kicked me out of the whole game, so I've been playing windowed ever since. >.< This question isn't a big deal, it'd just be nice to play full screen and still be able to alt+tab. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

---

Well, guess that's enough for now, I'm sure I'll have more later. >.> Thanks again for everyone who's gave me advice and such, I really appreciate it. Hope to see you all ingame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Furiden on 2007-02-17 08:12 ]</font>

Genji
Feb 17, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-02-17 08:11, Furiden wrote:
2. How do I get Photon Arts I think they're called, for my rifle? Or can I even? I did the tutorial, and it gave me one for my sword, but I don't use the sword too much, I try to sit back and just use my rifle, seems like that's what Rangers should do, lol. So do I have to buy those, or does it come with level, or what?

You can buy Photon Arts at the weapon shop. The NPCs at the right counter in the Guardian's Colony will sell them to you.

4. I could've sworn I read something about players being able to set up their own shops in this game. So like, other players can run by, and buy things from your shop. Is that true? I guess that'd be what I should do with all those random items, if they were crafting mats and people need them to make armor and weapons.

To view player shops, go to your room and speak to the desk across from your bed. There should be a search feature where you can choose what kind of shop search you'd like to perform (random list, by item name, player name, or shop ad).

To set one up, you can purchase an Open Shop item at the room decoration store (opposite the item store in the Guardian's Colony, yellow house icon on the door) for 15,000 meseta. Go back to your room and speak to your Partner Machine and choose Redecorate. Select the Open Shop item and you'll be kicked out of your room. Re-enter and your shop will be set up. To put items up for sale, speak to your cash-register-looking panel and you can move items from storage to your shop.

To close your shop, purchase the Close Shop item. If you close shop, you'll have to spend another 15,000 meseta to open a shop up again.

5. I also thought I read about there being a voice chat in this game, like in groups. How's that work?

The Xbox 360 version has voice chat. In order to speak with other PC players, you'll need to use Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.

*Edit* 6. Is there any way to play this game in full-screen mode, but make it so you can still alt+tab out of the window, to like open up the internet, or anything else?

Unfortunately, no.

PMB960
Feb 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
To check which weapons you can use after opening the menu pick the first option then the last option on the next page. This has a list of all the available types in the game and which weapons they can use. Different also have different photon art (PA) level caps. As a Ranger you can only get your PAs to level 20. The advanced classes allow for higher rank weapons and PA levels. As for buying a shop do that right away. I charge the same price as people do on the 360. Basically I just sell everything at 50% of the NPC price.

Randomness
Feb 17, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-02-17 08:44, Genji wrote:
Edit* 6. Is there any way to play this game in full-screen mode, but make it so you can still alt+tab out of the window, to like open up the internet, or anything else?

Unfortunately, no.

[/quote]

You can however strech window mode til it covers almost the whole screen, which isn't quite the same, but its close.

Toguro
Feb 17, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-02-17 08:11, Furiden wrote:

1. What are good weapon sets to use for CAST Rangers? Right now all I have is a rifle which I upgraded from my starting one, and a pistol/saber combo. Are Rangers more proficient with any other kind of weapon combos than what I'm using?
It depends on what type of ranger you want to be. For myself I have 6 rifles each with the different bullet arts. Some rangers I've seen mix it up a little between rifle, shotgun, and twin handguns. One ranger I saw kept using a spear. >.>

Furiden
Feb 17, 2007, 07:18 PM
Lol, right now I have a rifle, and dual pistols, (both with freezing bullets, those seem to be the best to me so far) and a spear. (lol)

So far so good though guys. Met two very nice people I've been questing and doing missions with, have been learning a lot. Figured out a lot of things from replies to this post as well, so thanks a lot guys.

One little question, what kind of armor to Rangers want to go for? I finally got ahold of a good bit of money, (When I got a shop, and starting selling all my synth items...$$$) and went to buy some armor, and the headpieces / (other piece of armor I bought, I forget what. >.> ) had stats on them. Kind of wing'd it, and just went with what looked good, but I really didn't know what the stats did or anything. Anybody have any useful info about those?

I'm trying to be the most heavy ranged damage dealer I can, so I guess I'll try to get the stats to go with that. I'm thinking Fortegunner would be a good advanced class for me as well, not for sure on that though either.

Anyway, thanks again guys, I'm learning a lot, and this is getting funner by the hour. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Toguro
Feb 18, 2007, 10:06 AM
Well the thing with bullet arts is that it's best to use the opposing element of the mob you are fighitng (ie: use light bullets on dark-based mobs). I think the armor in GRM's shop is ideal for rangers since they give alot of evasion, but as with BAs you want armor that protects you against what you are fighting against (having dark% armor against said dark mobs). I think maybe 99% of the rangers in this game go fortegunner since fortegunner is S in most of the big guns in this game (rifles, shotguns, grenade launchers, laser cannons).

Raysa
Feb 18, 2007, 10:29 AM
Hey you can level with my buddy and me I'm lvl 17 Newman Force(4) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif!? Just look me up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm usually in Universe 2 by the Space place entrance were most people gather talking about crap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Furiden
Feb 19, 2007, 01:13 AM
Cool, just got level 17 myself.

Everything still feels really new, and I haven't gotten bored yet, so GG. I'm really enjoying the game so far.

Couple more noob questions though...

1. Are there or are there not guilds in this game? I've gotten mixed feed from players I've met in the game so far, and I'd like to know. If there are guilds, how do you make one, and what special options are available to guilds?

2. How do you make your little PM in your room transform? I've been around many shops, and I've seen many different looking Partner Machine's other people have. Mine's level 3 right now, a friend of mine's is level 15, and it still hasn't changed. We're wondering, how do we get a cooler looking PM?

3. I've seen decorations in people's rooms, of like De Regans head and such. How are those obtained? Does De Regan have a chance to like drop a decoration of his head or something? I've went to the room decoration shop, didn't see it available, heh. >.>

---

Nothing too important this time, just things I'm wondering about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I love you guys who keep providing me with answers btw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Making my early life in PSU a lot easier.

And just to let you know, the nice-ness keeps cycling through the PSU community as well. I've seen a couple noobs who knew less than me the today while I was playing, and I took the time to help them out, show them around, and give them a little money. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It's like that commercial, where the smiles spread throughout the entire world or something. >.>

Yeah...something like that.

Dhylec
Feb 19, 2007, 02:17 AM
1. Are there or are there not guilds in this game? I've gotten mixed feed from players I've met in the game so far, and I'd like to know. If there are guilds, how do you make one, and what special options are available to guilds?

2. How do you make your little PM in your room transform? I've been around many shops, and I've seen many different looking Partner Machine's other people have. Mine's level 3 right now, a friend of mine's is level 15, and it still hasn't changed. We're wondering, how do we get a cooler looking PM?

3. I've seen decorations in people's rooms, of like De Regans head and such. How are those obtained? Does De Regan have a chance to like drop a decoration of his head or something? I've went to the room decoration shop, didn't see it available, heh. >.>

1. There is no guilds in this game. You just get partner cards from friends & party up. No obligation, no tied down to anything.

2. Feed your PM with tiem to make it grow. Check the Gameplay forum's sticky for guides on how to raise them. We have quite a number of guides for them.

3. Boss decorartions are rare drops. You need the parts/materials, then buy the board to synth. Not an easy task to get one, but it's possible.

Pikadrew
Feb 19, 2007, 03:11 AM
On 2007-02-18 22:13, Furiden wrote:

PM's evolve at lvl 20, 50, and 80. Once it becomes lvl80 you get its partner card and you can have her as a member of your party.
http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/psu/
That site lets you plan out your PM.

3. Previous poster answered this question pretty well, but as an addendum, the boards for these decorations need to be bought from the synth store of the planet where they're from. For instance, the De Ragan board needs to be bought from Parum and the Onmagog board needs to be bought from Neudaiz.

I wouldn't worry about getting the boards too quickly though. The drops to make them are fairly rare.

Furiden
Feb 19, 2007, 07:12 PM
Right on, just got level 20 today, /cheer.

I've heard CAST Rangers at level 20 can get those SUV weapon skills, so I'm wondering how exactly that works, and which do you all think is the best? I looked on the site before posting, I saw one guide, but all it said was to buy some armor with a extra slot, and then buy and extra piece from the armor store, and then when you take a lot of damage you can use it.

Is it really that simple? Heheh, just want to know if that's really how it's done.

---

Also, those weapon upgrading shops, should I be using them? Right now like I said, I'm level 20, and I have 6 different rifles, all of which I use frequently. Should I take the time to upgrade all six of them?

---

*EDIT* I was just looking at gear available to me again, and I see most of the gear I wear is kind of like this...

Either +Tech or +Ment

Or +Def or +Eva

For a Ranger, I'm guessing +Eva would be better than +Def, since we're not getting hit a lot, but between +Tech or +Ment I'm not sure which is better, if anybody could clarify that'd be great.

---

Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Furiden on 2007-02-19 16:20 ]</font>