PDA

View Full Version : Someone please enlighten my ill-informed friend that...

pokefiend
Feb 16, 2007, 10:27 PM
the Sonic figure has nothing to do with the owners luck.

Just b/c his party got a couple of 10* items in his most recent Mizuriki Defense S, he suddenly thinks the new Sonic figure is giving him better luck in picking up items.

I can't take argueing with him anymore! he's even tainted the minds of some of mine and his friends with this baseless ****. I think I'm gonna throw up, it's just that bad.

zandra117
Feb 16, 2007, 10:33 PM
It doesnt improve luck (luck only increases drop frequency not rarity) but according to the widely followed feng shui theory the star rating of decorations displayed in certain places in your room will increase the average rarity of the items that drop.

The colored squares on the floor of your room are the key to the feng shui code.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-02-16 19:34 ]</font>

pokefiend
Feb 16, 2007, 10:35 PM
I heard from many people that was all BS. has it ever worked for you?

zandra117
Feb 16, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-02-16 19:35, pokefiend wrote:
I heard from many people that was all BS. has it ever worked for you?

yes, although some people get the method all wrong and expect too much so it doesnt noticeably work for them.

throttlekitty
Feb 16, 2007, 10:43 PM
and some people search the forums!

Zorafim
Feb 16, 2007, 10:46 PM
I heard that there were secret pipe boots in Super Metroid. Nobody did the code right, so it has to be true.

Shinzakura
Feb 16, 2007, 10:51 PM
Tell him if he makes it to Protranser as a Newman and he has the Psycho Wand as well as the Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy and Nights statues, once he reaches level 100 he can summon them to attack his enemies. Bonus points if you can get him to believe that having 5 Burning Rangers posters allows him the special quest to get the firefighting laser cannon that converts enemy attacks into meseta drops.

Sinue_v2
Feb 17, 2007, 03:03 AM
It's only slightly less silly than "Beat Time Theory", and probably none the truer either.

Elaniel
Feb 17, 2007, 03:26 AM
someone was talking yesterday about it does boost something else as well.. Maybe it does do something... who knows...

DurakkenX
Feb 17, 2007, 03:30 AM
What needs to be done won't be done so there is no point in arguing about it.

You would have to take a relative large number of runs done in a single day in a particluar place, without changing any of your set up. Nothing at all. and have your room completely empty. You would then record every drop for say anywhere for 100-1000 runs of that single place and then you'd go back and do it again with putting the decoration in the way you think it is...You then would have do the same number of runs and record every drop.

Then after you got all that done...you'd have to convince say about 100-1000 other people to do the same thing.

THEN after you got all the data and you compare the 2 lists, averageing all the runs out you would then compare the two different runs and see....

Then if it's proven true you'd have people having different opinion about what's best and why and how it all works and they'd all have to do massive research on each decoration and placement to even see if they are even somewhat correct.

if it's proven false...well it will live for ever as a rumor with people trying to prove it...or ST will eventually implement it and say it was there all along.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 17, 2007, 09:29 AM
or, I suppose you could email Sega and ask, like the guy did about the Carriguine Rucar being a released weapon....

THE JACKEL

ZX
Feb 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
The mod Eggshen on the offical PSU forums made an announcement that it was a false rumor. I'm too lazy to find the thread and link it, someone else can do it.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 17, 2007, 12:59 PM
On 2007-02-17 09:47, ZX wrote:
The mod Eggshen on the offical PSU forums made an announcement that it was a false rumor. I'm too lazy to find the thread and link it, someone else can do it.

He has no idea what he's talking about. The Mods/GM's say alot of untrue things.

DurakkenX
Feb 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
Mods and GM have as much knowledge of game mechanics as anyone else unless they are privy to special information which in most cases they do not. GMs pretty much just have a special command menu set up that allows them to do what a normal player can't. They also have a bunch of messages they have to wade through and sort. Other than that they are just ordinary players so to ask a GM about a game mechanic is really just dumb.

Shinzakura
Feb 17, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-02-17 10:11, DurakkenX wrote:
Mods and GM have as much knowledge of game mechanics as anyone else unless they are privy to special information which in most cases they do not. GMs pretty much just have a special command menu set up that allows them to do what a normal player can't. They also have a bunch of messages they have to wade through and sort. Other than that they are just ordinary players so to ask a GM about a game mechanic is really just dumb.

Aside from the above, if for some reason it is programmed into the game, it's likely meant as an easter egg and the GMs likely wouldn't know about it.

ZX
Feb 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
Wow, ok if you guys say so, have fun.

10th Rule:

10. "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self. People who for whatever reason don't want to see the truth can be acutely hostile to it and shrill in their denunciation of it. They frequently turn their venomous antagonism on whoever dares to point out that truth. To those seeking the truth, it's a matter of simple, rational, self interest to always keep reality in view. Truth is rooted in reality, after all, not the imagaination."

DurakkenX
Feb 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
ZX it is impossible for the most part for anyone or even a company to know everything within a game because not only do programmers sometimes just for fun put in little things, sometimes various functions interact with each other and create an unknown effect. Games that are always changing are more succeptable to this because the code is always changing.

2ndly I did not say it was right or wrong, but rather that it is unprovable really whether it is or not and if you could prove it you would have have no way to create a comprehensive guide due to all the random effects.

More over, because of the facts that i have said and what shinzakura said it is not us who is "turning aside from truth" but you. Further more to not have an open mind dooms one to stagnation and eventual extinction and not to allow for all ideas in something like this is to keep a closed mind.

ALSO...that's obviously not a quote from any reputable thinker as most if not all great thinkers are rooted in using the mind and in doing such the imagination. Most deny reality at all and so do most scientists so yeah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-02-17 12:08 ]</font>

ZX
Feb 17, 2007, 05:11 PM
1. While what you say may be partially true due to glitches and things of that nature, a company knows all intended aspects of its own game. To say that Sega wouldn't know of such a mechanic in their own game is stupid.

2. I agree, and since it is currently improvable, the most logical and rational answer would be to assume it false until it can be proven true.

3. It's one thing to have an open mind, but your mind needs to be anchored to reality. The people who are simply taking this as a belief with no proof, and then ignoring anyone who points out that it is most likely false and has no solid evidence are the ones who are "turning aside from the truth." For me to believe something out of blind faith with no proof, when current evidence supports that such a thing is false is "turning aside from the truth."

4. Scientists denying reality? Are you daft? It's one thing to touch your imagination to inspire creation but that doesn't mean a denial of reality. Anyone with half a brain can understand that. You cannot just deny reality, to do so is to claim that it doesn't exist. Black isn't White just because you wish it to be. All great thinkers, while highly imaginative, had their thinking rooted in reality. When the Wright brothers invented the plane, they used imagination in the contexts of reality. They didn’t just deny reality and say, “Because I want to fly I can”, and jump off a cliff. They used their rational minds to construct a way in the bounds of reality to accomplish what they dreamed in their imaginations.

To believe that a great thinker simply denies reality is a complete contradiction. Allow me to give you another quote, since you enjoy contradictions.

9th Rule:

9. "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole. To believe in a contradiction is to abdicate your belief in the existence of the world around you and the nature of the things in it, to instead embrace any random impulse that strikes your fancy, to imagine something is real simply because you wish it were. A thing is what it is, it is itself. There can be no contradictions. In reality, contradictions cannot exist. To believe in them you must abandon the most important thing you possess: your rational mind. The wager for such a bargain is your life. In such an exchange, you always lose what you have at stake."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZX on 2007-02-17 14:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZX on 2007-02-17 15:06 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 17, 2007, 06:01 PM
HAY GAIZ I HERD BEATS TIEM GIBS U BTR DOOPZ NE1 CONFIRM???

Dre_o
Feb 17, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-02-17 15:01, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
HAY GAIZ I HERD BEATS TIEM GIBS U BTR DOOPZ NE1 CONFIRM???

shazam.

But anyways, stop whining and go play or something, geeze, you kids act like you programmed the game sheesh....

st45st
Feb 18, 2007, 01:18 AM
This is part of your room deceration that works , get a average 10 or more rares each run , sometimes it makes up to 29 rares in run . Thats most i seen with this room setup.

We did test with same Lv characters,jobs,class, and zero luck. Did five runs each , average was almost 25%-50% better then with no deceration and different decerations . Is this enough proof no not . but those like to test enjoy .

This for for mizaruka s in neaduaze set up for your room .

Omnigouge statue in (red square) there three different 7 stars beetle decerations that can be found there. put one them on yellow square , the other two on green square. next for the blue squares get one refreshing jelly on it , the rest blue squares can use any item from neaduize , but no more then one of each , on the blue squares. rember look at were the item come from is says from neaduize then it will work the stars on them seem not really matter to much .

What i mean by no more then one of the same items is , like 2 refreshing jellys will cancle the effect out . there some
deceration that seem to be neutral like the valentine item and stuff.

This will still not prove it to some people. Yes need more data to really prove it. And more test on this setup to get it perfect.

Krans
Feb 18, 2007, 07:21 AM
Well i don't believe the room dec setup theory and some guy was saying he put his sonic in the "spot" and he was getting drops all day, and i was like psh that stuff don't work...

Then naturally we find 6 fricken rares in the first room.

SO i shutup, but the drops were average after that and i still dont completely buy it

Reginaldo
Feb 18, 2007, 11:17 AM
"st45st" just screams credibility with his 7 total posts.

Krans
Feb 18, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-02-18 08:17, Reginaldo wrote:
"st45st" just screams credibility with his 7 total posts.

LOL

AL1ST0R
Feb 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-02-16 19:51, Shinzakura wrote:
Tell him if he makes it to Protranser as a Newman and he has the Psycho Wand as well as the Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy and Nights statues, once he reaches level 100 he can summon them to attack his enemies. Bonus points if you can get him to believe that having 5 Burning Rangers posters allows him the special quest to get the firefighting laser cannon that converts enemy attacks into meseta drops.

lmfao oh man that was really funny *wipes tear from eye* you should make that your sig lmfao