PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe in 'Feng Shui'?

Rashiid
Feb 16, 2007, 10:40 PM
personally, i think its BS, but, what to yall think?
cauz, if we can control the drop rate, thats just way too much power in forcing things out of the game, that should be based on luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-16 20:15 ]</font>

Shinzakura
Feb 16, 2007, 10:48 PM
I'm assuming the OP means Feng Shui

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui

Personally, I think trying to force anything out of the game's code through legitimate means (not hacking) is nothing more than a placebo effect. But at least if people are trying to do that, they're not giving the folks over at LameGuard more excuses to break the game.

Sekani
Feb 16, 2007, 10:58 PM
Apparently one of Magician's friends has "proven" it, though I remain skeptical. PSU players are a superstitious lot; I guess too many synth/grind failures can do that to you.

Anyway, that Sonic statue is 10*, so we'll see....

DonRoyale
Feb 16, 2007, 11:05 PM
It's "feng shui" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rashiid
Feb 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
well google gave me Fung Shwe, sorri lol

PALRAPPYS
Feb 16, 2007, 11:35 PM
I do...

At first, I didn't. I'll be honest, I thought it was crap. But now, after being in a run with a leader who had the Sonic statue in his red space in his room, we were finding rares like crazy. It seemed like my week's pay of rares we found! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yeah well there's my short story. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aixiao
Feb 16, 2007, 11:37 PM
With all due respect...what the hell are you talking about?

Rashiid
Feb 16, 2007, 11:43 PM
that the spots on ur room decor means sumthing

i mean, yeah i see how it could, but seriously, thats too much control over a game's function

PALRAPPYS
Feb 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-02-16 20:43, Rashiid wrote:

i mean, yeah i see how it could, but seriously, thats too much control over a game's function

But, what if, Sega wasn't being lazy for once! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Jibby
Feb 16, 2007, 11:57 PM
IT means that Sega is going to reduce your social status for every room decor you wasted money on, how do you feel?

Rashiid
Feb 17, 2007, 12:00 AM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewforum.php?f=21&topicdays=0&start=200

im looking for the official topic where the GM states its not tru also, but heres ppl reading it as well

hainsaw3
Feb 17, 2007, 12:16 AM
There has to be some reason behind the colored spaces, it doesn't make sense...

Jibby
Feb 17, 2007, 12:32 AM
On 2007-02-16 21:16, hainsaw3 wrote:
There has to be some reason behind the colored spaces, it doesn't make sense...

or maybe there's just a few too many people thinking a little too hard about a couple of colors in an otherwise dull room scheme.

Samaine
Feb 17, 2007, 12:47 AM
huh?

Lman90245
Feb 17, 2007, 12:49 AM
Someone just write to sega and confirm or deny this already... gees

Rashiid
Feb 17, 2007, 12:53 AM
they hav, and they stated it is not tru, but i alreay knoe ppl are gonna ask for proof, but i lost the forum where it was stated......

Lman90245
Feb 17, 2007, 01:01 AM
On 2007-02-16 21:47, Samaine wrote:
huh?

Well some people think that the colors in the decoration spots in your room, depending on the rarity of the statue you set in them increase the drop rate.

Which means in theory by placing a really rare statue in a certain area (Lets say the yellow spot in the back of the room is for meseta) would increase how often you see meseta drop on a mission if your the party leader...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2007-02-16 22:11 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Feb 17, 2007, 01:17 AM
Do you guys think Sega is really that clever to pull something like that off?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tahldon
Feb 17, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-02-16 22:17, Green_Archer3 wrote:

Sometimes I just have to ask...

Why?

DurakkenX
Feb 17, 2007, 01:45 AM
I'm not gonna say that I believe that this is correct. but rather there is a possibility that it could be true. We all know there are several factors that change frequently that alter drop rates and just because someone denies it doesn't mean that it's not true.

Coincidentally after reading the post i decided to just for fun place a HIVE deco in the red middle square...then I went and did a HIVE C run which gave me oddly enough 2 HIVE decos and a kubara wood, 1 in each block. This is odd as usually it takes 2 or 3 runs before 1 rare comes up. I'm not saying this is proof but it makes me tend to think that there may be something to it.

VanHalen
Feb 17, 2007, 02:05 AM
tanks for humans anyone?

Garnet_Moon
Feb 17, 2007, 02:23 AM
Please be aware that GMs cannot provide gameplay advice or tips. Questions of this nature not receive a response, please understand the limitations of the GM staff.

They will confirm an item being legit or not, but they won't say anything as far as game tips. If Feng Shui works, it works. Juan and the GM team won't say it does, but they are more than free to say it does not.

Jibby
Feb 17, 2007, 04:13 AM
Who the crap bothered to come up with a connection like this in the first place?! they're freaking colors! deal with it people! it's a videogame! it's programmed! nobody's changing anything to be all mysterious "My room does this for my missions" crap!

VanHalen
Feb 17, 2007, 04:17 AM
So what its something like this? The red squares represent fire putting red stuff there will increase your anger. so put blue stuff in those spaces to cool the flames lol. That sounds almost as much bullcrap as feng shui itself.

Jibby
Feb 17, 2007, 04:19 AM
you may as well take the damned decorations out on the field and beat stuff with them to see if it increases your chances or getting items.........

Esufer
Feb 17, 2007, 04:26 AM
On 2007-02-16 23:05, VanHalen wrote:
tanks for humans anyone?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha~

ShadowDragon28
Feb 17, 2007, 07:41 AM
i do numerous LL C rank runs, and with Luck 0, and a 6-7 star deco on both the center red square ,
then in every other run of LL i get at lest 4-5 rare items, several ray and ban photons and often two Kubara woods in every other run, find at least a teranite or stelnium in every-other finished mission.

When I removed my "refreshing jelly" from the red square and I then did like 15 LL runs.
I hardly to never got any Kubara woods, only got im-photons and el-photons, and never found any other red box rares of anykind. And I had a luck of 2.

When i have Luck 2 or 3 and "Refreshing Jelly" in the center red square and a luck of 2 or 3; it was then i've found Copernia, Olpad, and 2 Relic Edges in "Holy Grounds" C-rank after only a few runs.

I never find those items or even a kubara wood when my luck was 2 and i removed the "Refeshing Jelly" from the red square.

While the above is just from my experiences, and nowhere near "definitive";
IMO the placement of high-star value deco's on the red square does seem to boost rare item finding luck *SLIGHTLY* or *SOMEWHAT* (just not to really high amounts).

And I personally notice my red box rare find drop to virtually nothing on a luck 2 day when I removed "Refreshing Jelly" from the red square.

So due to my experiences, I think that it works; but it seems to me that it's only a *minor*/small boost to drop rates...

Sychosis
Feb 17, 2007, 08:42 AM
I find it funny that people are going to take an admin's words as fact, right after they promise us ultimate PAs, then when they fall through, remove any traces that they said anything of the sort.

lulz.

Rashiid
Feb 17, 2007, 10:22 AM
why do ppl think they lied? that makes absolutly NO sense.

aboviously sumthing went wrong in the transfering process.

idk how stupid teh reason is.

Sega wouldnt just say "lets tell them they're getting ults, then not do it! Brillient!"

no.

amtalx
Feb 17, 2007, 11:57 AM
i going to hold off on shelling out for room decos until there is something more definitive...

Sychosis
Feb 17, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-02-17 07:22, Rashiid wrote:
why do ppl think they lied? that makes absolutly NO sense.

aboviously sumthing went wrong in the transfering process.

idk how stupid teh reason is.

Sega wouldnt just say "lets tell them they're getting ults, then not do it! Brillient!"

no.

Because Sega of Japan told us EXACTLY what we would be getting. I'm not saying SoA did it intentionally, but if there was a lapse in communication, don't hide it from us.

McLaughlin
Feb 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-02-16 23:05, VanHalen wrote:
tanks for humans anyone?

Newmans get Summons.

EDIT: AND THE RELIC GUN?!!?!!??

I call for a nerf! This is totally unfair!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-17 09:49 ]</font>

ZX
Feb 17, 2007, 12:51 PM
The mod/GM Eggshen on the offical PSU forums made an announcement that it was a false rumor. I'm too lazy to find the thread and link it, someone else can do it.

Lman90245
Feb 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
Well in PSO they did have the section ID's which determined what you would see the most ect... not sure about the statue thing in this game though...

Jibby
Feb 17, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-02-17 10:17, Lman90245 wrote:
Well in PSO they did have the section ID's which determined what you would see the most ect... not sure about the statue thing in this game though...

The section ID in PSO, correct me if I'm wrong,but that was generated off of your NAME.
which, as it happens, isn't something you could buy, drop on the pioneer 2, and since you bought and dropped mechguns, you'd suddenly find more of them. IF anyone here actually says "Oh that happened to me actually" then I am going to go wartecher on you.

Lman90245
Feb 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-02-17 10:21, Jibby wrote:

On 2007-02-17 10:17, Lman90245 wrote:

The section ID in PSO, correct me if I'm wrong,but that was generated off of your NAME.
which, as it happens, isn't something you could buy, drop on the pioneer 2, and since you bought and dropped mechguns, you'd suddenly find more of them. IF anyone here actually says "Oh that happened to me actually" then I am going to go wartecher on you.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

Lman90245
Feb 17, 2007, 02:01 PM
Newmans get Summons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-17 09:49 ]</font>

off the subject but Numans get summons, WHAT? I've been away for awhile where is this info??

Rashiid
Feb 17, 2007, 08:23 PM
here:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=18741&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

theyre ya go, str8 from the main source, its BS.

ppl, its just random how rares drop, just the tyme u deciede to test it, u got drops.

increases luck; bwhaha

Randomness
Feb 17, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-02-17 11:01, Lman90245 wrote:

Newmans get Summons.

off the subject but Numans get summons, WHAT? I've been away for awhile where is this info??

Its another stupid rumor. That was his point.

Puppet_Papaya
Feb 17, 2007, 11:44 PM
Photon Whips are in the next update.

*cough*

Turambar
Feb 18, 2007, 02:11 AM
Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd how up in arms this is making those who don't believe in this particular rumor/idea? Really now, if someone wants to believe this to be a possibility, let him/her do so. The amount of times that a thread on this topic is being made is getting ridiculous.

Sephlock
Feb 18, 2007, 03:36 AM
http://wik.ed.uiuc.edu/index.php/Intermittent_reinforcement

NinjaSalad
Feb 18, 2007, 04:37 AM
I believe in a thing called love.

Dymalos
Feb 18, 2007, 05:24 AM
I don't necessarily believe in Feng Shui as it applies to our rooms in PSU. That being said, I did purchase all of the neat space ships they released in the Variety Shop a few updates ago. Those are all 7* so at the moment my room is all 7* room decorations.

Krans
Feb 18, 2007, 07:22 AM
Well according to my setup i attract idiots on S runs, and i magnetically attract Kubara Wood

Callous
Feb 18, 2007, 07:45 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that something is "up" with the elaborate setup of the differently coloured squares, but what it is I have no idea. It could well be one of those things Sega put in the game but never implements ... like Olga's DNA and such.

Sychosis
Feb 18, 2007, 07:50 AM
On 2007-02-17 23:11, Turambar wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd how up in arms this is making those who don't believe in this particular rumor/idea? Really now, if someone wants to believe this to be a possibility, let him/her do so. The amount of times that a thread on this topic is being made is getting ridiculous.

You're not alone. I wonder how confrontational these guy are about religion...

Increased drop chances or not, with enough play time I'll get what I want, doesn't bother me.

Kwan
Feb 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
Feng Shui is definititly for real in real life. You'll be surpised how much your life can change if you placed a certain object in a certain spot.... After all.... everything is energy..... But in a game... I don't know....

ShinMaruku
Feb 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
On 2007-02-16 22:17, Green_Archer3 wrote:

Sonic Team not Sega. Don't bismirch Sega with ST's shit. AM2 and them GG guys show that Sega still got it but ST must die.

Kelevra
Feb 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 20:43, Rashiid wrote:

But, what if, Sega wasn't being lazy for once!

...... HAHAHA HONESTLY...... :/