PDA

View Full Version : A few suggestions for someone new

Tw34ky
Feb 17, 2007, 03:12 AM
I picked up PSU just a few days ago because i was looking for a MMO online for my 360. From what i heard this was a better choise then FF11.

I made an online charachter and began the first act one mission and beat the dragon, got up to level five, ran through some other small missions by myself and am running out of ideas on what to do next.

I have read alot of messages here and people offer good suggestions as to where to level through 5-10, but they all sort of require parties, or i cant find them.

I tried to do the 2nd mission in the guardian base but couldnt beat that damn huge robot, any suggestions as to what level, or secrets to killing him?

Secondly, maybe it is because i am in just the beginning city but i have seen maybe 5 people running around, is PSU more based on solo play or does party missions serve as a large aspect to the game, and would i be bored/inhibited if i never partied up?

Another thing i was wondering about is mission points, what exactly do they do? i have gotten a few of them and it brings up the little box in the corner, and then it goes away and i never see anything about it again. any just general outline as to waht it is?

Thanks to everyone who will reply to me, since i beleive you will all laugh your ass off when you read such a n00b post.

P.S. If i wouldnt have found this site, and a community revolving around the game to help me out, i would have ditched the game by now. Thanks guys!

galaxy
Feb 17, 2007, 03:17 AM
you've probably only seen like 5 people running around because you have to switch to a more populated universe. you can do that by going to one of the orange diamond-shaped icons floating around the lobbies. the game automatically lumps you into one of the lobbies which is likely to not be very populated. the first few generally have a good number of people.

as for the other questions, i'll leave that to others to answer.

DurakkenX
Feb 17, 2007, 03:19 AM
Those other questions... they are all answered in the game...go to your room and do the tutorials they don't take long and teach you a lot...even better would be if youp layed the first 3 or 4 chapters of the story mode...

Elaniel
Feb 17, 2007, 03:23 AM
also... grab some peoples gamer card's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you ever see me running about, by all means say hi and I'll add ya and me and my friends can help you out a bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Carbinne
Feb 17, 2007, 05:01 AM
You can solo in this game, but depending on your class it can be made easier/harder depending on where you go. For example, certain types of robots resist damage from melee and ranged weapons but have vulnerabilities to certain status effects and most technics. Mostly good for gathering items.

The mission points level up your 'job' -- which can be Hunter, Ranger, or Force at the start. As you fill the bar up you raise a job level, which raises your stats a bit. Depending on how high your job levels are (you can switch freely between Hunter, Ranger and Force as long as you can pay the costs to do so) you can change to advanced classes that have access to more types of equipment and higher level skills. If you've played Final Fantasy Tactics then it's very much like the job system in that game.

Try and find a friendly, helpful person willing to put up with you (this can take awhile) and grill them with questions about the game. That's probably the best way to get information about a lot of things.