PDA

View Full Version : alt servers?

queenofpso
Feb 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
I heard some people talking about going on "other servers" when the US one was down for maintenence. How does one do this? Does it require purchasing a game made from/for that country? Like JP and EU versions of the game for those networks? Someone else was talking about private servers. I'm confused...

Neith
Feb 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
Private servers in all likeliness. Basically, servers which aren't run by Sega. As far as I'm aware, they're illegal, and you're not allowed to ask how to access them here.

Deja
Feb 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
Which is sad because it is probably more stable, more maintenance, and has more things unlocked on it (the server I mean). At least the "illegal" server I jumped on in PSO had better stability, more people, and even homemade quests.

Neith
Feb 17, 2007, 01:31 PM
I actually do agree with you, from what I've seen, but still can't talk about them really here.

Dragwind
Feb 17, 2007, 02:33 PM
Those servers you heard about were'nt private servers. It was a glitch that happened during room maintenance and some people went to the universe/room warp cube and saw a different server to choose, so they clicked on it. They ended up getting stuck on the 360 servers while on ps2/pc. lol.

foamcup
Feb 17, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-02-17 11:33, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
Those servers you heard about were'nt private servers. It was a glitch that happened during room maintenance and some people went to the universe/room warp cube and saw a different server to choose, so they clicked on it. They ended up getting stuck on the 360 servers while on ps2/pc. lol.

And apparently they could not get back, so they had to start new characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 17, 2007, 06:24 PM
And seeing as that topic died without any factual proof, it was, in all likelyhood, bullspit. People don't just "accidently" connect to Xbox Live (which is where Sega situates its servers). Especially without a Gamertag.

What you heard of was probably the result of several uneducated people jabbering about things they have no idea about, or people who were talking about the private server for the Gamecube. All the servers go down for maintenance at the same time, so going to a different region won't solve the problem.

You ought to be asleep when the servers go down anyway, so I don;'t see where the problem is coming from. Even if there was one, your character is stored with Sega, so you'd be starting over for, what? 3 hours of maintenance?