PDA

View Full Version : Is PC/PS2 PSU still overrun with hacking?

RedBoxHunter
Feb 17, 2007, 07:04 PM
I'm a long time PSO player and was interested in PSU when it was new. Now the reason I quit PSO and never took PSU past the free trial was hacking. In my opinion, NO game where you have to worry about your room decorations or rare items getting stolen or deleted is worth paying a monthly fee for.

I own PSU for PC. I have heard that the 360 version does not have problems with hacking, but I do not own a 360 nor do I intend to buy one. Now, I know PSO never got its hacking problems completely fixed, but I thought it was possible that maybe Sega did something right for once and is taking measures against it on PSU.

Are PC/PS2 players still in danger of hacking? If they are, then Sega has just proved to me that they really don't give a crap about their games or players anymore.

Retehi
Feb 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
No it's not overrun with hacking. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Duped meseta, and some s-ranks, sure, but at least you're not gonna get PK'd, or FSOD'd.

Dragwind
Feb 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
As of now, I would say things are getting better. This is coming from someone who has lost hope over the years with pso. Over at the official PSU boards it was just announced yesterday that on the 23rd ST will be wiping out all "illegal/irregular" items on the server. So this causes me to smile.

The hacking issue isnt really that bad right now imo. The widespread duped meseta sucks, yeah, but its not something that really ruins the experience imo.

+ if it ever gets really bad, you can always make some private groups with legit players here on psow =)

Randomness
Feb 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
Well, the only hacking thats really been going on is item/meseta hacks.

A while back, yes, there was something with rooms going on, but I haven't heard of that lately.

February
Feb 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it's not that bad anymore. Like they said, mostly just hacked Meseta and a few duped S ranks. Nothing like it was on PSO with FSOD.

RedBoxHunter
Feb 17, 2007, 07:39 PM
Well I'm glad to hear that there's no problem with stealing room decorations and resetting Partner Machinery anymore. I pay monthly for FFXI currently, but now I'm considering stretching my budget to play PSU as well.

-Rune-
Feb 17, 2007, 07:46 PM
PSU is a great game to play on the side of a main MMO, you don't have to get too serious without it being a fun time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shaidar
Feb 17, 2007, 08:13 PM
Things are getting better and balancing out IMO.

Randomness
Feb 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-02-17 17:13, Shaidar wrote:
Things are getting better and balancing out IMO.

Careful, dont jinx it!

Golto
Feb 17, 2007, 08:43 PM
There's still a good number of hacked sranks out there. They are just not being as overt by not having them equipped while in lobbies.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 17, 2007, 09:57 PM
The whiners are quitting.
Nubs are getting banned.
People are not spamming as much.
Im happy.
Yes the game is getting better.

VanHalen
Feb 18, 2007, 12:34 AM
umm what if people buy from your shop and since you cant tell the difference between haxeta and meseta does that mean that meseta will be deleted? *gets to spending right away*

PMB960
Feb 18, 2007, 02:10 AM
On 2007-02-17 16:10, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
Over at the official PSU boards it was just announced yesterday that on the 23rd ST will be wiping out all "illegal/irregular" items on the server.

Do you have a link to this? I know some people who would love to hear this. I knew it would happen sometime next week but hadn't heard anything about a specific date.

DraginHikari
Feb 18, 2007, 02:50 AM
That would be here: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=21356

Pengfishh
Feb 18, 2007, 03:58 AM
Tell ya honestly, I never saw any of anything other than the meseta going around. I'll go so far as to admit I bought 99 million meseta for two dollars when that was the going price. Only did it to make the game fun for me -- I have plenty of struggles with real money and trying to get a little escape from that by playing a game where I had money problems was, well, silly.

So there!

Mistle22
Feb 18, 2007, 05:07 AM
I play 360 version, but from what I have been reading, the PC/PS2 servers are becoming quite better. Finally SEGA pulled a finger out and started taking hacking more seriously.

drakkula
Feb 18, 2007, 05:27 AM
ive got a question......do u guys keep on selling stuff at high prices? i mean do people still pay a lot for cheap stuff?

Callous
Feb 18, 2007, 07:57 AM
I've been on since day one and I also haven't seen any sign of hacking outside of the meseta whatsoever.

Edit: And no, people don't seem to even want to pay reasonable prices for things anymore. I've had 9* weapons with about 15% elements at 200K sitting in my shop for weeks now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-02-18 04:59 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 18, 2007, 08:38 AM
Because 15% for 9* blows, a person is better off buying 8* for the same percentage. I know you made some with high percents like 20%+ and kept em for yourself lol, those would sell quick. Or atleast I would buy them. But yea the hacking has cooled down but we are so small that selling things is becoming impossible, same as buying *new* stuff.

Carbinne
Feb 18, 2007, 08:44 AM
People will pay for, what. Several million for Deljabaner supplies, around 10k at least a pop for elemental photons, and maybe around a million for Grinder B+10s. On occasion I make a little bit extra by selling Kubara guns for a million or so. Grinded Kubara weapons, especially ones taken to +10 I could see selling for a huge amount.

I once had a bunch of boards for Crea stuff that I didn't care about (CAST) so I threw em in for 3-5 million each and they sold. If you get something fancy like Crea Sword that's worth even more. I imagine if you get a Blackheart you can sell that for a jillion mesetas and be set for some time. I haven't seen very many Gigush Lines or their boards kicking around; perhaps I'll go back to raiding De Ragan's stash until I find another.

Callous
Feb 18, 2007, 08:59 AM
On 2007-02-18 05:38, Almalexia wrote:
Because 15% for 9* blows, a person is better off buying 8* for the same percentage.
That's not the point, though. The point is ..

A: With the rate of failures, 200K for a 9* and you're still losing money on synthing, fast. 200K is a very reasonable price considering the prize of materials, not to mention how long it takes to find 10 of the same photon element (that are not dark or light).

B: They used to go easily for 350K. Which is why I answered that no, people don't pay crazy prizes for cheap stuff anymore.

Finally, no, 15% for a 9* does in no way "blow". An 8* with no element costs 165K in the shop. I can tell you right now that I'll take the added 50 ATP (+/- a handful) and 15% element on top of that damage over an 8* any day of the week, and I'll be a lot more effective. That's for only 35K more.

200K is a GOOD price for a 9* with 15% element.

Neith
Feb 18, 2007, 09:00 AM
To be honest, it never was overrun with hacks, it wasn't as widespread as most people make out.

Edit: And if I saw a 9* melee weapon with 15% for 200k, I'd buy it. Unfortunately, I never do see them for that price, usually 400k+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-18 06:02 ]</font>

Callous
Feb 18, 2007, 09:08 AM
That's what I find crazy, too. In the last few weeks, people have become so obsessed with 20+ elements that a 9* with 20% will get ripped off the shelf at 800K in a matter of hours, while a 9* with 15% at 200K can sit there untouched for weeks. Objectively, in terms of pure damage and finances, it does not make sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-02-18 06:10 ]</font>

PMB960
Feb 18, 2007, 12:09 PM
I would buy it if I had that much but I only had 200K once since I sell stuff at 360 prices. I have never seen S rank weapons that were unavailable but I did see someone with 2 Halarods. I suppose though that with the amount of money people had it is possible to synth 2 but highly unlikely.

Almalexia
Feb 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-02-18 05:59, Callous wrote:

On 2007-02-18 05:38, Almalexia wrote:
Because 15% for 9* blows, a person is better off buying 8* for the same percentage.
That's not the point, though. The point is ..

A: With the rate of failures, 200K for a 9* and you're still losing money on synthing, fast. 200K is a very reasonable price considering the prize of materials, not to mention how long it takes to find 10 of the same photon element (that are not dark or light).

I see that this is a problem. Dark, thunder, light and fire are all I could find in weapons. Never ice or ground(not as rare as ice). IT is not hard to farm photons.

OK nevermind. I'll conciede. You made your point.

Kelevra
Feb 18, 2007, 02:30 PM
I am sure i have some hacked meseta i sold photons afterall so i deffinetly have some hacked meseta, but i also have a butload of a rank weps, so i dont really care :/

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
I've given up on buying elemental photons. I farm them now. I can probably get ten in an hour or so while leveling my NPC and myself (you'd be surprised how good the exp on C rank missions is).

Almalexia
Feb 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
Not until you need 124,000 per lvl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

AL1ST0R
Feb 18, 2007, 03:00 PM
we'll the psu hacking on pc and ps2 has calmed down alot but there still out there but very descret about there actions they mainly hack for themselfs now take it from me i know being an ex-hacker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DonRoyale
Feb 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
The hacked meseta, really, is only hurting us who care to pay attention to NPC prices when we stuff shit in our shops.

The hacked S-ranks are for those elitists who want to look badass. (And don't)

AL1ST0R
Feb 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
i dont think the messeta has been the problem i grown used to it but what bothers me is that everyone in the pc/ps2 ver has like 3 crea doubles 4 halrods it just stupid now it's not legitly made we all know that and those weapon has become very common to see s weapons was supposed to make you look elite,like when u see a s rank you would think to yourself wow that person busted his ass to get the {B} for that s rank now its like a trophy weapon "look at me i have 3 crea doubles" oh plz

and as for the photon problem sega just need to stop being assholes and put it in npc store like they did in offline mode that will def solve the over pricing in photons oops did u just rant ?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pure-chan
Feb 18, 2007, 04:09 PM
Overrun is a bit of an overstatement. Since October, I've seen one (maybe?) unreleased S rank weapon and one Crea Double (and the double was actually from the ^above poster). ...I guess it mainly depends on where you play and who you play with?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-02-18 13:11 ]</font>