PDA

View Full Version : Simple Comparison..

Midicronica
Feb 18, 2007, 06:20 PM
My friend and I are were having a discussion about ForteFighters and the race that uses it. I'm aware that Beast is clearly the best option for ForteFighter, but I believe that a Cast FF can't possibly be too much weaker than a Beast FF. My friend believes otherwise.

So, I'd like to ask a simple question. Really don't want to make this complicated. Just a question of raw stats and power.

How much lower is the Cast's ATP when maxed at 70 and FF 10 when compared to a Beast's?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-02-18 15:22 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
I don't know the exact stats.

Beast fF will beat Cast fF in terms of ATP by a considerable margin, since Beast gets the racial bonus (Cast is still the second highest fF in terms of fF). However, Cast fF will beat Beast fF in terms of ATA by a considerable margin. It really depends on which stat you value more.

Ethan-Waber
Feb 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
Beats are better than CASTs at everything except the classes that are gun-oriented... You can't use SUV's in close quater's but that FF boost of your attack power sure as hell makes the beast Nanoblast kick everythings ass...

I am not sure if it is the same for offline, since there are no advanced classes, but from what I can tell from my common sense, CASTs are only good with guns, and therefore classes that have to do with guns. And since that IS the case for them, beasts are better forefighters... I have myself a beast on Offline mode and I do 1500+ dammage at level 56 with my invincibilty tattoo, and on my CAST, who is level 60-something I do only 850 - 900 with my Grom Buster and only 1000 - 1200 with my sturm buster, so I think Beasts are by far better FF.

I think I strayed off topic and made no sense though, so ignore that last paragraph =]

Midicronica
Feb 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
Excuse me, guys, I should have been a bit more clear on what I wanted to know. I said I didn't want to complicate it, but it seems that my question did it anyway.

Question I really want to know is..

What is Cast ATP when lvl capped and FF 10?

Weakness
Feb 18, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-02-18 15:37, Ethan-Waber wrote:
Beats are better than CASTs at everything except the classes that are gun-oriented... You can't use SUV's in close quater's but that FF boost of your attack power sure as hell makes the beast Nanoblast kick everythings ass...

I am not sure if it is the same for offline, since there are no advanced classes, but from what I can tell from my common sense, CASTs are only good with guns, and therefore classes that have to do with guns. And since that IS the case for them, beasts are better forefighters... I have myself a beast on Offline mode and I do 1500+ dammage at level 56 with my invincibilty tattoo, and on my CAST, who is level 60-something I do only 850 - 900 with my Grom Buster and only 1000 - 1200 with my sturm buster, so I think Beasts are by far better FF.

I think I strayed off topic and made no sense though, so ignore that last paragraph =]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*wipes tears away form his eyes*

*looks again*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! !

Yes, all of you CASTs out there should only be ForteGunners!

-.-;

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 18, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-02-18 15:37, Ethan-Waber wrote:

lol, offline.

Sturm and Meteo Busters are both very good at close range.

Ethan-Waber
Feb 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-02-18 15:45, Weakness wrote:

I agree, that is all they are made for and are useful for. If you want to not be a gunner, than be a Beast or Human.

Weakness
Feb 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-02-18 15:49, Ethan-Waber wrote:

On 2007-02-18 15:45, Weakness wrote:

I agree, that is all they are made for and are useful for. If you want to not be a gunner, than be a Beast or Human.

If you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic.

Races really mean jack in this game... just pick which you think is the prettiest.

Jonty
Feb 18, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yay for pretty! ^_^

Ethan-Waber
Feb 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
Pretty if good... The best thing about offline mode is that you already get all the clothes and stuff so we don't have to wait =]

I only wish I played the PC version so I could take pictures of everything I have, since I have most S ranks... I suppose I could take pictures with my digi cam and upload them, but the quality would be poor as hell...

I think I will do that then... I have the day off tommorow since it is Presidents day and my work is nice, so I will do it then! YAY! Check the high star weapons and armour and there will be pictures on most.

Retehi
Feb 18, 2007, 07:03 PM
Thing is, no one really cares about offline mode.

Weakness
Feb 18, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-02-18 16:03, Retehi wrote:
Thing is, no one really cares about offline mode.

QFT.

WrathOfMegid
Feb 18, 2007, 09:25 PM
Anybody got a lvl 70 beast FF 10? Stats?
Anybody got a lvl 70 CAST FF 10? Stats?
The OP needs stats, but unfortunately I am in no position to give any. Anybody out there who can?
Much obliged.

Sekani
Feb 18, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-02-18 18:25, WrathOfMegid wrote:
Anybody got a lvl 70 beast FF 10? Stats?
Anybody got a lvl 70 CAST FF 10? Stats?
The OP needs stats, but unfortunately I am in no position to give any. Anybody out there who can?
Much obliged.

Those who can, I'm interested in where they get their information.

Ether
Feb 18, 2007, 10:07 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9207/ff7010ak8.jpg
Fortefigher 70/10 stats

From JP Wiki (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/A5CDA5C3A5C8A5EFA1BCA5AFA5E2A1BCA5C92FC0EFC6AEA5BF A5A4A5D72FA5B9A5C6A1BCA5BFA5B9.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

Xeph0n
Feb 19, 2007, 01:41 AM
ive got a F CAST fortefighter 10 lvl70

base stats are in line with the stats on the jp wiki page. In general casts are weaker than beasts at ff, although we have better accuracy and defense.
In my opinion this would make up for the power and hp differences, if defense counted for squat. Has anyone else in this game noticed that defense doesnt seem to do you much good? I have a total of 371 defense with all my equips and i still take damage comparble to a lvl 50+ fighgunner with crappy armour. Ridiculous

SolomonGrundy
Feb 19, 2007, 01:53 AM
On 2007-02-18 22:41, Xeph0n wrote:
ive got a F CAST fortefighter 10 lvl70

base stats are in line with the stats on the jp wiki page. In general casts are weaker than beasts at ff, although we have better accuracy and defense.
In my opinion this would make up for the power and hp differences, if defense counted for squat. Has anyone else in this game noticed that defense doesnt seem to do you much good? I have a total of 371 defense with all my equips and i still take damage comparble to a lvl 50+ fighgunner with crappy armour. Ridiculous

DFP works a little different this go round. I am a RaCast, and HUcast player from PSO, and it definitely got to the point where most things, even on ultimate did not really hit for significant damage.

this is less the case in PSU.

However, I also note, that when I eat a deband item, my damage does WAY down. this is because deband now affects armor too.

I'd say, casts are excellent Fortefighters: the SUV weapons help them fill out ranged damage when soloing areas where 1/2 damage from Flying is prevalent.

Toguro
Feb 19, 2007, 10:41 AM
Your damage taken also depends on the elemental percentage of your armor (ie: fighting a fire-based mob wearing ice element armor >.>).