PDA

View Full Version : PSU Disc 2?

bakawaltz
Feb 18, 2007, 08:26 PM
I read somewhere that there will be a PSU Disc 2 for an addition or something like that and I'd like to know if:
1. This requires disc 1?
2. Only and addition to the current offline game.
3. Will come with "Disc 1".
4. If I should wait for it or just buy PSU now.
It also said it would be coming out in the spring..
(And also, PSU offline is free correct?) I'd probably play it offline and pay for online service when I have more time.

Syl
Feb 18, 2007, 08:30 PM
woah, well it's probably just a rumor atm, but spring would be like retarded. Not everything is even released in the game yet. You should just get it cause you'd probably end up waiting a whole year for the expansion, if there even will be one.

Retehi
Feb 18, 2007, 08:30 PM
You're jumping way ahead of everyone else, because no one here has any info for said "Disc 2", if such a thing is even being planned.

Jonty
Feb 18, 2007, 08:33 PM
Where did you hear about this?
As far as i know, there is no expansion planned or existing...

ulyoth
Feb 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
Is this what you mean? http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1591

Sekani
Feb 18, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-02-18 17:40, ulyoth wrote:
Is this what you mean? http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1591

That news story is incorrect.

The poster is a teaser for Episode 2 of Story Mode, which we already have online, NOT any sort of expansion disc.

MaximumBurst
Feb 18, 2007, 09:38 PM
Actually, I think it's an expansion so that people who are offline-only can play the online story mode.

Drake_24
Feb 18, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-02-18 18:38, MaximumBurst wrote:
Actually, I think it's an expansion so that people who are offline-only can play the online story mode.

ya what he said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif allthough i think u should just pay for online then waste ur money on that

Sekani
Feb 18, 2007, 09:44 PM
Sure. You guys keep on dreaming.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 18, 2007, 10:05 PM
lolk.

desolant11
Feb 18, 2007, 10:57 PM
hmm i remember hearing that there will be an expansion pack for this game. and since that is the way sonic team has always worked this game when dealing with a new idea, i believe it.

pineapple
Feb 18, 2007, 11:31 PM
The game is fairly popular in japan, no? I hope that's enough to warrant an expansion.
It was about 1/2 year between v1 and v2; The wait between episodes II, III, and IV were probably longer. I think there's a chance for an expansion.

omegapirate2k
Feb 19, 2007, 12:52 AM
What are you talking about, I have a friend who works at Sega of Japan and SHE said that it's coming next week, it has all the newman summons and elemental dragons for humans!!!

XD

foamcup
Feb 19, 2007, 12:59 AM
On 2007-02-18 21:52, omegapirate2k wrote:
What are you talking about, I have a friend who works at Sega of Japan and SHE said that it's coming next week, it has all the newman summons and elemental dragons for humans!!!

XD

Nah, it's a newman nanoblast where they turn into giant Musk Cats and cast that spell Eternal Darkness from Final Fantasy 9, and the Ark comes down and kills every monster and every player on every universe.

FOwned!

omegapirate2k
Feb 19, 2007, 01:02 AM
On 2007-02-18 21:59, foamcup wrote:

XD

Nah, it's a newman nanoblast where they turn into giant Musk Cats and cast that spell Eternal Darkness from Final Fantasy 9, and the Ark comes down and kills every monster and every player on every universe.

FOwned!

Along with the relic gun, of course.

desolant11
Feb 19, 2007, 01:09 AM
oh gawd. i tell ya, someone asks a worth while question finally and because he's new, you got jerks trying to take him down in ways he doesnt even understand most likely. i notice this trend alot in this forum, a practice that should be frowned upon.

to answer this question with my best questimation, no. you will not need disk one to convert to any expansion ...probably.

yes, you should go ahead and get disk one now so that you will have a mature character by the time the expansion does come out...maybe.

*kubara humor lol. now thats funny.

DizzyDi
Feb 19, 2007, 01:14 AM
On 2007-02-18 22:09, desolant11 wrote:
oh gawd. i tell ya, someone asks a worth while question finally and because he's new, you got jerks trying to take him down in ways he doesnt even understand most likely. i notice this trend alot in this forum, a practice that should be frowned upon.

to answer this question with my best questimation, no. you will not need disk one to convert to any expansion ...probably.

yes, you should go ahead and get disk one now so that you will have a mature character by the time the expansion does come out...maybe.

Don't listen to this guy.
Don't hold your breath for an expansion disc. Its only a rumor and nothing has been confirmed.

desolant11
Feb 19, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-02-18 22:14, DizzyDi wrote:

Don't hold your breath for an expansion disc. Its only a rumor and nothing has been confirmed.

yeah dont listen to my opinion because i have under 500 posts and don't know what i'm talking about. thanks for proving my point.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 19, 2007, 02:42 AM
IF story missions were to be released for offline play, it'd probably be something similar to what happened in Episodes I&II Plus. Only the missions were added for offline, no new content beyond that.

Callous
Feb 19, 2007, 03:12 AM
The official Sega site faq says there is an expansion planned. That may never happen, and with how abysmal PSU is doing in the West, seems very unlikely to happen outside of Japan, but it's certainly grounds enough to say that there might be an expansion.

If you want to play PSU, though, you most definitely should not wait. You could well be waiting forever.

Kimil
Feb 19, 2007, 03:24 AM
On 2007-02-19 00:12, Callous wrote:
The official Sega site faq says there is an expansion planned. That may never happen, and with how abysmal PSU is doing in the West, seems very unlikely to happen outside of Japan, but it's certainly grounds enough to say that there might be an expansion.

If you want to play PSU, though, you most definitely should not wait. You could well be waiting forever.

Abysmal? lol

Riiiiiiight

Jasam
Feb 19, 2007, 08:04 AM
The original expansion rumour turned out to be the name of the online story mode.
Any further rumours I am not up to date on

bakawaltz
Feb 19, 2007, 08:47 AM
actually, psu would not be my first pso game. only problem (more so a dilemma) for me is a credit card.. [the place i found something talking about this was at a forum. it was just a random comment i came about.] it did say it was an offline addition. would u not need it if u had played online or do u still need it if u also want to be offline story?

Callous
Feb 19, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-02-19 00:24, Kimil wrote:
Abysmal? lol

Riiiiiiight
PS2/PC mainly: From a business standpoint, when you are a company that has made 18 servers available and not even 1 is ever full, then yes, abysmal is the word you're looking for.

But hey, keep fooling yourself if it floats your boat.

Drake_24
Feb 19, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-02-18 22:02, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-02-18 21:59, foamcup wrote:

XD

FOwned!

Along with the relic gun, of course.

XD lol only if it were true, we newmans are pretty much the sh** race all we get are crea weps which i cant use because im a fortetecher =(

Coxy
Feb 19, 2007, 10:03 AM
I remember when this forum used to be helpful and not full of damned idiots.

If an expansion does come out (which I'm inclined to believe it will) then it is more than likely going to work in exactly the same way as PSO v1 & v2 do now.

DizzyDi
Feb 19, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-02-18 23:02, desolant11 wrote:

On 2007-02-18 22:14, DizzyDi wrote:

yeah dont listen to my opinion because i have under 500 posts and don't know what i'm talking about. thanks for proving my point.

No prob. You can always up your post count real fast by doing some word association. ;]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
On 2007-02-19 05:47, bakawaltz wrote:
actually, psu would not be my first pso game. only problem (more so a dilemma) for me is a credit card.. [the place i found something talking about this was at a forum. it was just a random comment i came about.] it did say it was an offline addition. would u not need it if u had played online or do u still need it if u also want to be offline story?

You don't need to pay to play offline.
How can you even pay them without going online to do so? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Offline mode is free in this PS online game. They made it so there is the offline story mode and an extra mode that mimics some of what the online mode offers.

Debit/Prepaid Credit cards are an option as well.

Such as creating a checking account - with parental consent if you're a youth or whatever, then asking for a debit checking ATM card with a major credit card company's logo and support on it.

With that you can pay for online play with your checking account ATM card that has the Mastercard/Visa logo, works the same way, no bills to pay- funds taken out of your account.

Prepaid credit cards have extra surcharges that can pileup. Someone wrote up a FAQ about it in this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=120039&forum=20

Waiting longer to go online can be beneficial since more things will be unlocked in due time, even if the community numbers may be smaller. So no rush.