PDA

View Full Version : This or that.

Tw34ky
Feb 19, 2007, 02:13 AM
I have recently changed from ranger to hunter, and picked up a longsword and a photon art for it and have been running the hell out of some dungeons with it. The only problem is that the sword is getting to slow, and i am getting killed by exploding machinery, should i switch back to ranger and use range, or just try and stick it out?

LordJoe
Feb 19, 2007, 02:15 AM
become a Fighunner and be both !!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Carbinne
Feb 19, 2007, 02:22 AM
Don't fight robots as a hunter. Unless you like pain.

hainsaw3
Feb 19, 2007, 03:35 AM
I don't like pain... but I fight them anyway...

...maybe I'm just stubborn.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 19, 2007, 03:39 AM
Go ahead and do Desert Goliath as a hunter, it's not too bad. You'll only use 100's of mates, that's all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-02-19 00:40 ]</font>

Arigan
Feb 19, 2007, 03:52 AM
. . . . use something other than a sword. . . . .

like daggers, spears, twin sabers, whatever

Gamemako
Feb 19, 2007, 06:13 AM
Use rising strike to push them against a wall. Killing them while they are on the ground from an attack, in the air, or with a special attack type (launch, blow away, wipe out) will prevent them from exploding at all.

//EDIT: Clarified "on the ground."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-02-19 03:14 ]</font>

imfanboy
Feb 19, 2007, 06:40 AM
Or, uh... don't play in areas with splodybots.

Or get yourself a lightning element % armor for Endrum robots - there's a C rank and a B rank one available in the GRM store. If you're playing in Grove of Fanatics, there should be earth element % armors available in the Tenora shop - I know there's a B rank one, not sure if there's a C rank one.

It'll cut down the damage you take IMMENSELY, believe you me. I remember one time I was mucking about in Grove of Fanatics S and forgot that I'd swapped from my earth armor to my light armor for the boss - with the earth armor, I was taking 50 damage from S-rank explodybots, withOUT it I was taking 250-300.

In C rank, I don't even take damage from exploding bots. That's how important % is to armor. Always try to wear armor that's the same element as the monsters you're fighting.

pso123hrf
Feb 19, 2007, 11:04 AM
Hrm...that, or this?

Iunno...I say FIGHgunner because I am sexy, and you could use twin gunnz

>:3

Magician
Feb 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
Yup, robots are a hunter's worst enemy.

I'd use a quicker striking weapon than the sword for sure.

I personally use a ground spear, best speed-power combo against the machines imo.

VanHalen
Feb 19, 2007, 11:12 AM
Arent higher rank swords faster?

Magician
Feb 19, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-02-19 08:12, VanHalen wrote:
Arent higher rank swords faster?

A little, but not fast enough to outrun the explosion of a four-legged bot. Just about any other weapon (sans the axe) should be good enough for hit'n'runs against robots. Though you may need something quick for the saber wielding bots on Parum's Train Rescue, I have to spam Dus Robado just to make it through them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif