PDA

View Full Version : In reguards to the bullying 'picking on' PC/PS2 recieves. .

Almalexia
Feb 19, 2007, 08:43 AM
A mod can lock this right away to prevent a 'platform war' if they like but I'd like my words to remain.

›We did not ask to be hacked.
›We did not bring this on ourselves.
›We did not deserve this.
›We are not happy with the situation. Why are we being made fun of?
›We MISS those who have left us.

›We the majority don't wish for unreleased things floating everywhere.

›The 'haxeta' cannot be helped. It comes to us through our shops one way or another.
›We are also long time PSO players who want to be free of this mess without resorting to fleeing to a new platform.

It's great shame to me that 'comrades' bicker back and forth when we ALL share the same ideals and have ALL endured the same mess for 6 years. I'm pretty sick of defending my community against ANOTHER PSU community. Any flak you get from either one of us was surely PROVOKED by the hate thrown at us from your community. I'm just trying to figure out "why?". Were'nt we all -at one time- lvl1 players in January of 2001 and experiencing our first dreadful PKed incidents around March of that same year? So what we did? Some stayed with the DC til it's downfall, while others moved to V2. There was no 'platform/version' animosity going around. Same with the jump from V2 to PSOGC(unfortunatly, there was version hate when the private servers came out; lot of people did not wont to play with GC'ers..)and then to BB where some of the worst hacking EVER has occured.

So whats this now? Two communities on 2 platforms of the same game should not be butting heads.

Shigecki
Feb 19, 2007, 11:22 AM
Kinda funny that I don't even think about you guys on the PC/PS2 at all. None of the people that I play with think about you guys either. Maybe this is in you head. If you're having fun playing whatever you play, then who cares?

On 2007-02-19 05:43, Almalexia wrote:
Same with the jump from V2 to PSOGC(unfortunatly, there was version hate when the private servers came out; lot of people did not wont to play with GC'ers..)and then to BB where some of the worst hacking EVER has occured.

Funny you failed to mention the PSOX version. You know the redheaded step child of PSO. The version that was released shortly after GC version. Hello kettle, this is the pot, you're black. The XBox version was the one that not only endured the hate from the other versions, but even from ST. We didn't get a few of the updates, quests that every other version recieved over the lifespan of PSO. Hell the lobbies are still in Christmas theme, not from last Christmas, but from 2005. We lost TTF and a few other quests for about 2 months for crying out loud. As far as I'm concerned your crying is falling on deaf ears. I knew the PC/PS2 version was going to be hacked in some way or another. Everyone I play with did. Did you ask for it? No. Are we feeling sorry for you? Well that would mean that we thought about you. We just play the game and never really mention the other server.

Maybe you should have taken the BB sever as an example of hacking (I didn't play BB for more then 6 months, and didn't play with cheaters, I have no real point of reference on this). It was a PC game. All PC games eventually get hacked, therefore it might be safe to conclude PSU on the PC/PS2 was going to get hacked.

Almalexia
Feb 19, 2007, 05:04 PM
Ugh. Not worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-19 14:39 ]</font>

Tengoku
Feb 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
People love mocking those who are having problems. It's human nature. Ignore them and you'll have an easier life.

Or, you could wait 'till they have problems and mock them back. It's your boat, you pick the ocean.

-Rune-
Feb 19, 2007, 07:36 PM
Yea sounds like the war won't end anytime soon, even when the XB360 version gets hacked, someone will think of something new to pick about. Only because people love conflict... :/

Kinda funny that I don't even think about you guys on the PC/PS2 at all. None of the people that I play with think about you guys either. Maybe this is in you head. If you're having fun playing whatever you play, then who cares?

Um if you look at almost any thread, you'd see what they are referring to... ._.

Almalexia
Feb 19, 2007, 07:43 PM
^That statement made about the Halarod pissed me off. And that made me create this topic.

Soukosa
Feb 20, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-02-19 08:22, Shigecki wrote:
All PC games eventually get hacked, therefore it might be safe to conclude PSU on the PC/PS2 was going to get hacked.

Console games can get hacked just as well. If I remember correctly the XBox version of PSO was hacked more badly than the GC version at first. The GC version only getting hacked because AR and some idiot releasing a homemade program and listing how to use it with AR to mess around with things.

Also, not all PC games get hacked completely either. It's greatly dependent upon how secure things are on the server end of the game. Considering ST's track reocrd with that, it was rather expected for PSU to get hacked and it has already happened to the oh so perfect 360 version as well.

Garroway
Feb 20, 2007, 06:06 PM
I guess the problem I have with this topic is that it isn't like there isn't a bunch of 360 hatred floating around too. I think the real problem is that people like to bicker here. I do my fair share of it but it really doesn't mean anything, it wouldn't actualy stop me from playing with anybody here.

I'm sorry the PC/PS2 version got ruined for so many people. The PC/PS2 version certainly had a better roleplaying population and in the beginning I played that version more than the 360. I don't play the PC/PS2 version anymore because of the current degraded state. It isn't like I'm sitting on my 360 feeling superior and looking down on the PC/PS2 population. I miss my friends from the PC but the environment was spoiled for me and I dont intend on going back.

DikkyRay
Feb 21, 2007, 06:39 AM
You know, its funny.
I have been playing PC/PS2 for a looooooong time.
I have
1.) Never seen anyone "bully" It, The worst they do is complain
2.) We kinda did seeing as we Let a few hackers run amuck (not everyone, but i read afew topics going "me and broomop were playing and...."
3.) I Dont miss any of the players that left. Sure less ppl play now, but i have so many fun games going on now. Its such a good community that at lvl 47, i joined a 50+ frag farm game, and they were happy to have another joining them

Almalexia
Feb 21, 2007, 08:42 AM
God forbid we show a little humanity online huh? Missing those who left us = the FRIENDS we made WHO LEFT. I keep my 2 good friends card and visit thier rooms sometimes for sentimental value.

NO IT KEEPS ME GOING INSANE. FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH COME BACK>< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HUGE LOSS SHE IS TO ME. IT WAS LIKE ONLY YESTERDAY WHEN I refused to go to LAb S with her because I was scared of megid! Why did I do that! We met in NOVEMBER and we played together everyday, all day. Since the last day she was online(December26th..) a part of me is just dead in this game. And don't anyone tell me "oh well, that's just one person, get over it and it's just a game". SOMEBODY HERE has to know where I'm coming from! I might just die..die of HAPPINESS if her card icon lights up again. That's one thing I could never handle well..LOSING PEOPLE. GOOD PEOPLE.

/regains composure -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-21 05:52 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
Sigh...

All of our ill will is rightfully placed on the hackers, themselves. These irrationally upset children who seek to ruin a great game for all of us. They have always been the bane to Phanatics, ever since PSO's original release.

I can almost forgive those who hack the game for the challenge of hacking it. Those are people who aren't seeking to screw anyone up; merely an intellectual challenge. They don't usually spread what they do.

It's those who seek to drive us away from the game-- to kill it, when it is yet so young --that I hold a particular disdain for. Sonic Team meant to provide us with something we all wanted, a game to play; something new to tickle our imaginations. There are those who intend to tear that from us. What they have against Sega that could possibly make them want this, is totally beyond me. Maybe they got banned on PSO or something and now have a childish grudge. These people anger me, greatly.

Sychosis
Feb 23, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-02-19 05:43, Almalexia wrote:
Any flak you get from either one of us was surely PROVOKED by the hate thrown at us from your community.

I'm sorry, but if you want to see where the provocation began, try a few months before release. Back when "lol360" and "360 servers will be dead in a month" were commonly tossed about insults. Skipping ahead we saw "nobody plays 360" and "pc population is about 5-6 times the size of 360." Now today we see "it's going to be PSOX all over again," "I can't wait to see the 360 be ruined," "it's easier to cheat on 360, it just sux so much no one wants to cheat on it," "everyone on live is a retard" and other such BS.

There was PC BS from before launch, before the hacking, and during the hacking. "Your" community has been the root of the problems between the two. While I am terribly sorry that you yourself, whom may never save spoken ill of the 360 version, or 360 users in general, has to be subjected to the BS. "Your" community as a whole has most assuredly brought it upon themselves.

Feel free to let the "You are a 360 elitist bastard" fly. God knows I've seen them plenty of times before, even when sympathizing with PC/PS2 users. It's the very reason I satirically altered my profile.