PDA

View Full Version : What's the story of your char?

DurakkenX
Feb 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
#1 - Where did it's name come from?
#2 - Why did you choose the race/gender you did for that char?
#3 - Does your character have a story behind it? and what is it if yes?

#1 = Durakken: Durakken came from a modification of Drakken which is the original way of spelling Dragon and it was originally DragonSabre before DurakkenSeabure and then finally Durakken. That was originally my chat RP char which I've had for so long and created so many things around that it now has some things in the works around it >.>

Amoris Sanguin: I just thought this name was cool >.> It means Love Blood which can be taken several different ways, but mainly she's a dark char.

#2 = Durakken: While he looks more like a Newman in design physically, on PSO there was no way i was gonna make my cool char look like that, plus I like melee more so than magic in games and casts looked cool so i picked it...jump 5 years to PSU and I decided to keep the char as a Cast, but I also, like PSO have a human ver that represent myself.

Amoris: I wanted a female that could wield daggers in a cool fashion that could hit things hard..hence female cast.

#3 = Durakken: The background story I gave in PSO stands...basically he's an experiment by people where his mind is linked to a cast and is unseverable. If one is killed so is the other. Other than that really no story...

Amoris: Previously AMF, but became a Guardian because she likes the freedom over the strict rules.

Deja
Feb 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
Deja - Cast Fortetecher

Deja was the name of my high lvl HUcast on PSO (lvl 160ish)
Fortetecher? Cause I'm an idiot.

Zorafim
Feb 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
My character is named after the Leviathan of biblical theology. I first heard the name from Megaman Zero, then looked it up, and thought it would make a nice name for a character.
This was before I was into final fantasy, I swear.

I chose caseal because they're the only race with good looking clothing. Otherwise, I may have gone newearl for my numan fanboyism. Dispite her casealiness, my caseal was designed with the newearl look in mind.

I don't RP, so I have no story for her. Just another shy, sad eyed, blood thirsty killer.

Turambar
Feb 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
1. Luthien, as in Luthein Tinuveil, daughter of nightingale, princess of Doriath. The name is taken from Tolkien's Quenta Silmaril, also know as The Silmarilion. Her PM's name, Lorien, is the name of the garden of healing blessed by the Vala. It is also the inspiration for Galadriel's founding of Lothlorien in Middle Earth.

2. The gender was more or less a given. A male character by the name of Luthein would just be weird anyways. As for race, I like Casts, what can I say?

3. Name: Luthien Tinuviel
Class: Ranger (CAST)
Birthplace: Parum
Blood Type: None
PM: Lorien
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 117
Construction: Luthien was among the first mass constructed CASTs at the dawn of the race. Created by Hithlum Manufacturing, further data regarding her construction is unknown as all records have been lost or destroyed over the course time.

Age 1: As many CASTs created, Luthien was given a role of servitude to humans. The population of CASTs was yet still few, and no true feel of self-determination has yet spread across the species. Position of service was to be a harem-bot. Cause, and all other data regarding this period of time and servitude have been deeply repressed by Luthien. Data is currently quarantined though not deleted.

Age 23: The population of CASTs breaches 1 million. A racial identity appears amongst the CAST. Steady progression in technology, physical constructs as well as internal processors and emotion data are advanced and retrofitted into older CASTs to help them keep up with the newer models.

Age 54: War breaks out as tension between humans and CASTs, as well as the other two species reach a breaking point. Relations were far from friendly amongst the other 3 species however, and a 4-way war soon appears. Luthien enlists, and serves in the 121 Rifle Company of the 18th Infantry division, stationed at Holtes City, Parum.

Age 67: Is promoted to Captain, and given command of the 14th space fleet, part of the Parum defense force. This unit will, by the end of the war, come to take over 73% casualties. The death of this many still weighs heavily on Luthien's mind.

Age 113: The war ends. The new world of peace is an odd place for a decorated soldier that has served for over 50 years. Thus, she reaches out for the most familiar institution, and enlists in the newly created AMF, given rank of Commander.

Age 157: Is dismissed and given a position as an instructor at an AMF training facility as her lack of enthusiasm in a newly spreading wave of CAST supremacy becomes apparent.

Age 163: Is given an honorary discharge as her term of service ends. Joins the newly formed GUARDIANs. Receives an ADP-001, predecessor to the current PM. Proceeds to name it Mandos, the hallowed halls of the fallen.

Age 172: Becomes headmaster of the GUARDIAN Training School.

Age 185: Retires and hands the position to her protégé, Luciam Nav.

Age 213: With the SEED attack, Luthien returns to the GUARDIANs, and requests the position of Instructor, a position that is gladly given. Receives a retrofit of her physical construct and main processing units. However, personality, emotion, and hard drive data is untouched. Receives a GHX-005, which she proceeds to name Lorien, the garden of healing.

Ok, so I went abit over board........ And I know it clashes with the official time line, but *shurg*. I made that back story too long ago to bother changing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-02-19 09:04 ]</font>

Tahldon
Feb 19, 2007, 12:19 PM

I actually made it up. I was going through the phase where I got tired of hearing made up Japanese names and names like "Overkill", "Red Blade", and " ---- ZX". So I decided to make up a name no one else uses. Thus, Tahldon. However I've come to meet someone else with a similar name "Tahloryne" a Cast. I thought that was interesting.

Name took me all of 2 weeks to make up. I was into the whole Gundam wing thing. My favorite Gundam was the Tallgeese (at the time I thought was spelled Tahlgeese for some strange reason). So I "borrowed" the first part of that, and actually spelled it wrong yeilding "Tahl" and I just slapped the "Don" on the end of it. I didn't like it for the first week I used it everywhere, but eventually I grew to like it.

Hm.. Well I like elves.. alot.. >.> There's a story behind it, but that's a 9 year old story.

Like I said... That's a 9 year old story. Though.. I'll share this much. Tails started it all. ALL of it.

pso123hrf
Feb 19, 2007, 12:44 PM
I.
1. Kairi is from the KH series
2. Uhh, Kairi is a friggen girl in the game. She is a newman because her ears werent round
3. Play the entire KH series

II.
1. Sheena is from ToS
2. Yus, she is a gurl. She ALSO doesn't have round ears, but they are pointy ^.^
3. Play ToS

III.
1. Mithos is from ToS
2. I dont know what the fuck it is. She will be a newman cuse it is bad azz
3. Play ToS

^.^;;

DONTOSE
Feb 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
Long ago the human race decieded to create a new kind of race.Since they falied at making the newmans the supreme race they decieded to make a new kind of creation.A true supreme race they were going to call it the Alpha project.when they created Alpha they put all the DNA of all the Monsters Dragons etc. and even human DNA since they wanted Alpha to look human and still have supreme power.But when they finished making him some thing went wrong.As they were charging him with energy he woke up and went crazy.He broke out and killed every one in the lab.Afther that he want in to the citey and killed over 1,000 people.Soon afther everything in the citey was destroyed. When he was done killing he looked in to a peice of broken glass and seen him self for the first time.When he seen what he looked like he grew angry and his eyes turned red his claws grew sharper and a tatoo apeared on his arm.His power grew and grew his body turned shape and his skin turned color his hair grew even longer and it turned from silver to red.He turned in to a huge beast and thats how his race was called the BEAST RACE. to be continued......

I got tired of writing so ill come back to this post and write more later to tell how Alpha got the name DONTOSE!

part 2
------
Alphe was a beast that only new how to kill and destroy everthing in his path.He was a monster the humans could not stop him they used guns cannons bombs and even nukes he was truly unstopable.Alpha was so powerful that he could destroy every thing in front of him with one slash of his claws. He killed over 1,000,000 solders. Afther a year of trieing to stop Alpha the humans had an idear.Since they couldnt stop Alpha they decieded to capture him to trie and fixe him and see what went wrong.The humans created a devic that was able to contain him it was called a nanotranser it was a divec that holds in conpressed space. In order to capture him they had to put the nanotranser on a space ship and fly it to where Alpha Lived and the planet he has takin over was Moatoob he turned that planet in to a wastland he destroyed all the cities and all the people that lived there and took over as ruler of the planet. He turned all the monsters that lived there in to his slaves.Over the year he grew intelligent and even more powerful.to be continued......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DONTOSE on 2007-02-20 13:57 ]</font>

Melora
Feb 19, 2007, 01:15 PM
#1 - Melora was named after Melora Creager from the band Rasputina.
#2 - Female because I'm female and am fed up of being forced to play as males in other games. Fortetecher because I used to play Hunewearl on PSO and was always so gimped with weapons and spells. I preferred the spell element to the character and so I became a force.
#3 - No. Ha.

-Crokar-
Feb 19, 2007, 01:20 PM
1 crokar came from low budget film
2 was a human male in pso
3 no

and btw mithos is a guy

Kaloa
Feb 19, 2007, 02:01 PM
I have two main characters I play.

#1 - Marshmallow.

I chose the name "Marshmallow" because marshmallows are yummy. Plus, my character's kind of pale and chubby... Seemed pretty suiting. ^_^

I chose female because the name "Marshmallow" seems more girly than manly, and I chose to make her a newman fortetecher because I've never been a big fan of the healer/support type classes so I felt like it would be the biggest challenge for me.

As for back story, no. She doesn't have one. I don't role-play.

#2 - Morning Chimes.

I chose the name "Morning Chimes" because I think "Chimes" is a nice sounding word. I added the "Morning" part because I really wanted to make my character female and I thought "morning" would help make it sound a little more feminine. Plus, morning is my favourite time of day.

I went female cast guntecher. Female cast because female casts are adorable, and guntecher because after playing 2000+ hours of my fortetecher, I couldn't imagine life without resta.

Again, no back story.

Sychosis
Feb 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
#1 - babynames.com (Clarification: Rather I was searching for names to give me a Pinkal ID and after coming up with nothing that worked, and I liked, I decided to splice some names together and came out with Nyasia)
#2 - A remake of my PSO FOnewearl
#3 - Yes but, tl;dt (too long; didn't type)

EDIT: For clarification.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-19 11:24 ]</font>

Samaine
Feb 19, 2007, 02:14 PM
1. i stole it from my friend in FFXi lol
2. females have high evp tp!! woohoo
3. no not really besides that i took her name from one of my friends in ffxi haha.

Ethan-Waber
Feb 19, 2007, 02:19 PM
Extra Mode Characters -

1. Ethan Waber - Human(M) - Level 70
2. Ethan Waber - Beast(M) - Level 70
3. Ethan Waber - Newman(M) - Level 70
4. Sentrila Venquisili - Newoman(F) - Level 70

No stories... For Sentrila I just wanted a female Newman so I can use all my Female only weapons that I got from story mode... And I have like 3.

ShinMaruku
Feb 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
Dante: DMC Knuff said the man.

Idril Celebrindal- Half vanyahalf Noldorin elf in Sillmarllion the mother of Earendil. She's Arragron's ancestor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
She's a blonde Female newman becuase it's close to what Idril would be.
She'll be a fortetecher because I want her to be a Jena grey knock off.

Nariko=Hevaely Sword.
She's a beastess becuase it seemed it seemed right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Nariko is a female name so female was perfect.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 19, 2007, 02:33 PM
Shiro Ryuu, White Dragon in Japanese

He's a human, I originally made him a HUmar in PSO because at first, I wanted a male human who's main specialty was slashing, and here we are, a male human fortefighter in PSU. I just can't see him as either a CAST or a Beast, so I kept him as a human

He was born to an abusive family under the name Kenji Kajiwara, but ran away from home into the streets, where he was rejected by society for being an albino, being considered a "freak". He was lucky however when he ran into Great Sword Zoke who took him in as a student, renamed him Ryuushirou Miyama, and trained him in swordsmanship. However, this luck wasn't to last too long as he was taken by the Government to do some assasinations. Zoke was coerced into giving Shiro to them. Shiro was killing people at the age of 10, and people would all be afraid of his sword skills which were considered "demonic", and named him Shiro Ryuu, or the White Dragon. After a while, he began to see the lack of good in doing these assasinations, left the government, and became a Hunter for the HUnter's Guild, but he later left Ragol and went to Gurhal and became a Guardian. And the rest is history.

chibiLegolas
Feb 19, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-02-19 08:32, DurakkenX wrote:

#1 Kelemvorite is a title of devoted clerics of Kelemvor: A just Neutral God who precides over the dead from D&D. I loved his outlook on death (not being evil but a necessity for the cycle of life). And I've been playing an undead slaying cleric from his church for years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelemvor

#2 In PSO, FOmar since I've always like the play style of support character with some strength to hold his own. In PSU, I've chosen to be a Caseal GT. Again, for support roles, plus Caseals have this beautiful hat that looks priestly to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-02-19 12:23 ]</font>

MayLee
Feb 19, 2007, 03:25 PM
#1: I made it up years ago when creating a story.
#2 Because my PSO char with the same name was human..
#3 she does..but I really don't feel like going through the background..=

neovivi
Feb 19, 2007, 04:03 PM
1. Isaac, from Golden Sun (My best friend has a character named Ivan, also from Golden Sun).

2. He is a male Beast, mainly because Isaac is a guys name and I prefer melee combat, so it seemed the logical choice.

3. No real story, although I may make one up someday, as I have for some previous characters.

RadiantLegend
Feb 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
Legendaim: A cast created from the old battle records of demonslayer. His true powers remains unlocked. Having only but one goal in mind which is to supass the legendary demonslayer, legendaim begins his journey.

Jonty
Feb 19, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-02-19 08:32, DurakkenX wrote:

1: I just really, really like the name Isobel ^_^
2: It just seemed to suit. Woo.
3: Yes! But erm... Too long. This isn't a cop out =p

Esufer
Feb 19, 2007, 05:39 PM
1. It's Refuse backwards. And Refused are one of my favourite bands.
2. because I like to not look like a dog/elf/waber. kthx.
3. Yes. I'll post it one day.

Almalexia
Feb 19, 2007, 05:45 PM

Elathia is the name derived from a short story I was going to write that never happened. This name was used in FFXI for my white mage.

#2 is a given.

#3 - No story, except in my would-have-been short story she is the older sister of 4(Elathia, Melicia, Almalexia, and Natalia).

Pengfishh
Feb 19, 2007, 05:52 PM

1. My first character on GC PSO, a Hucaseal, had the name and I wasn't feeling too particularly original when I got PSU so Elsis stuck. Doesn't mean anything in particular. Rolls off the tongue nicely. A letter short of Elvis. I like it.

2. Cast girl is a winning combination, and I like the horns.

3. Story? Um. Yeah, played her for 350 hours or so since the first day of PSU and oh the wild stories. I'm not nerdy enough for a backstory and I started off at level 1 so I couldn't have been "TEH GREETEST SWORDMAN EVAR."

Zeota
Feb 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
#1 Origins of name?
I kinda thought up the name of Zeota back in 1996, only to find out years later that it's an extremely obscure female name.

#2 Reason for race/gender choice?
See below.

#3 Backstory? Yes indeed.

ZEOTA - Her father had been killed before she was born, and her mother died just hours after giving birth. It was then, that a mysterious cult leader had taken her in and given her the name ZEOTA, though it wasn't the one given to her by her late mother. Of the 12 children there, Zeota was the most lively of the bunch, even though she had no parents. She was extremely intelligent and had an insatiable thirst for knowledge that surpassed the others. She also had a very strong sense of justice, and believed that the cult's methods were far too extreme. Torture sessions ranging anywhere from heavy beatings to electric shocks had become an almost daily occurance for absurd things as being late for school or talking out of turn. Yet in spite of all this, her heart had brimmed with love and compassion.

During one instance, she had helped a friend of hers escape from a small cell that was used to hold someone before being tortured. Two cult members had arrived to detain the children. During the struggle, her friend had been shot to death. In a violent rage, Zeota had managed to incapacitate both guards. However she too would be knocked unconscious by the reinforcements. When she came to, she found herself strapped to a bed completely naked. In retribution for the jailbreak, Zeota's left eye was violently removed, thus the eye patch she wears to this very day.

Soon after this incident, she had managed to escape from the cult, and like so many others, joined the hunter's guild to make a better life for herself. During her stint at the hunter's academy, she trained very dilligently, as if possessed by some sort of demon. Dispite being one of the tallest newmen in her class, she was incredibly strong yet agile, and could take a good deal of abuse. Those years of torture had made her skin incredibly tough. In spite of her lack of an eye, her other senses had increased dramatically. Her mission was to become strong enough so that she may one day strike back at those that had done her wrong.

Zeota was a well-respected 200th level newman hunter on Pioneer 2. Soon after, she became involved in several relationships with a rotating cast of sycophants that wanted only to advance themselves. The last straw was with a human ranger that cheated on her three other women and bought them lavish gifts at Zeota's expense. Once she learned of this, Zeota was devastated. Soon, the sadness gave way to unbridled rage. She then gathered her former boy-toy and the three other women, locked them in a room, and single-handedly killed them, and sent their bodies out to space with the rest of the garbage. Because of her power and connections, she had any and all record of their existence erased from the Pioneer databases.

Soon after, Zeota realized that since newmans did not live as long as humans, she did not want to waste anymore time on Pioneer, and decided to travel the cosmos in her final years. The final stop on her travels was the Guhral solar system and the guardians colony. Soon after, the SEED invasion began, and the ship carrying Zeota was attacked. She managed to escape to the colony, albeit badly injured. She would die soon after rescued.

Soon after, she had awakened to find out that she was in a different body. The scientists there told her that after her death, they learned who she was after extracting data from the escape pod, which contained information about the ship and its passengers. Before her body could deteriorate any forther, they preserved her brain, and then wired it into the body of a cast.

After a bit of resistance, she has accepted her destiny to do battle yet again.

Atreus_Ryneth
Feb 19, 2007, 06:06 PM

1) Few things. Atreus is a name from Greek mythology, apparently meaning "fearless." Mythological story found here, http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/atreus.html, although not relevant at all to my character. Name originally inspired because I like the band "Atreyu", but didn't want to use THAT name and have people going "Hey you're that guy from Never Ending Story!" That would get annoying.

2) Balanced statistics I guess. Did not know really what I wanted to be at first.

3) As the storyline goes (became a GUARDIAN, etc.) and whatever I have been doing since the day I started playing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Specializing primarily in the saber, Atreus has been carrying out his assigned missions since the day he became a full-fledged GUARDIAN. Along the way he encountered many different faces, one of which named Gilliam. They formed a partnership in the midst of the growing SEED threat, eventually to form a fellowship of GUARDIANS which would be called the Knights of the Azure Sky.

Simple background: Born on Parum and brought to the colony at a very early age to avoid exposure to discrimination. Parents moved back to Parum at age 17 upon graduation to full-GUARDIAN. Been living in a box (GUARDIANs barracks...) since then.

majan
Feb 19, 2007, 06:13 PM
1-diablo 2 fans---what up?!?!yeah,Lister the Tormentor was a champion monster in the last wave of monsters before facing baal,the final boss of diablo 2.those monsters happened to be particularly bad-ass,and the name lister the tormentor seemed godly.in a twisted sort of way,obviously.read the backstory.

2-newmans because they kick ass wtih spells.male,read the backstory.

3-lister the tormentor was a mage,known as Messarosh(my character from PSO days,level 121 fonewm) in the days of ragol.upon defeating olga flow,though,a force in the air snapped,causing one of the megid attacks used in the Seabed plant to backfire,resulting in Messarosh being turned inside out,literally. He dissipated into the air,and all that was found was the legendary staff he created,the Psycho wand.
years later,a group of dark magic practicers were trudging through the seabed when the found,what had become by then a much-sought relic,the Psycho Wand.little did they know that Lister's spirit was still alive in the staff,and he coerced them into using ancient dark techniques to restore him to a body,Voldemort-style,for all you harry potter fans out there.eventually,the magic was finally executed precisely in order to not banish lister from even the spiritual realm.He returned to a physical body,in a much younger form of himself,abotu 20 years of age.he assumed the name Lister the Tormentor for the torture he inflicted on the mages who facilitated his rebirth for their misplacing of his Psycho wand.His quest continues to reclaim his legendary weapon with his confidant Hath Wrobo, of Moatoob.

this backstory is why every 20 levels or so I change his clothing to make him seem a bit older,just a cool little hting I thought Id play with,to prevent boredom of characters of the 8th degree.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Feb 19, 2007, 06:59 PM
Ululani
1: I decided that I wanted a tropical name. So I looked through a list of Hawaiian names, and finally narrowed it down to this one.

2: Phantasy Star is all about the Newman females.... I played a HUney in PSO, so newman female wartecher it must be in psu.

3: eh, like all my characters, I know her personality, but I don't have a back story for her or anything.

Mollie LeFaye
1: I just like the name Mollie for some reason. Same name as my old racaseal. The "LeFaye" last name comes from the "Pirate" persona that somehow got attached to her....

2: She is built after my old RAcaseal

3: At some point, she got the persona of a goofy pirate. She tries to act like a pirate, but she doesn't do a very good job, so no one takes her seriously.

fronebullare
Feb 19, 2007, 07:19 PM

#1- I made up his name like i do all my chars. I liked the "Mana" part so much i made two other chars that begin with mana: Manaleaya & Manamagnum. And they're all so catchy :3

#2-They are all cast too haha. Since i started playing phantasy star, cast have been my favorite race. I really like the accuracy stats and the look of the armor even more, hence the three cast on psu.

#3-Its not much of a story but Manakristo,Manaleaya, and Manamagnum were all successful subjects of an underground experiment of a cast-producing company called Mana Corp. Manakristo was a bounty hunter(Jonathan Kristoff) that was fatally injured in a mission but survived, Manaleaya was a normal civilian(Viviana Lealla) who was dying of a fatal disease, and Manamagnum(Ray Magnus) was a soldier that barely made it out alive of a battle. All three were thought dead,but secretly gave up their bodies to Mana Corp's successful experiments to turn humans into casts,thus,saving their lives. As a condition of the experiments, they now serve as elite assassins for Mana Corp's underground organization along with Silvryn Omahshi, the head of the experiment team.

NPCMook
Feb 19, 2007, 08:48 PM

#1 - Many many many years of switching the name... First came Arcane -> Arkane -> Zane -> Zain -> Xain -> Magastar -> Mag -> Mook

#2 - Been a Human since PSO, I don't see why I should stop now...

#3 - Basically when a friend told me what Mook meant, It just kinda stuck

P_C_A
Feb 19, 2007, 09:30 PM
#1: Guillermo - my grandpa's name.
Izumo Ako - My favorite character from an Anime/Manga.
A.M.E. Meauraphe - Was the name of one of my characters on FFXI (Amemeauraphe).

#2: Guillermo - Because I like CASTs and my grandpa is male.
Izumi Ako - Because she's a human in the Anime/Manga.
A.M.E. Meauraphe - Well, it seemed appropriate at the time. sounds... Android-ish.

#3: Still thinkin' on that...

EphekZ
Feb 19, 2007, 09:39 PM
Ephekz- derived from "Aphexx twin" took out the twin and changed the letters around.

I like the name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

No, other then that I>you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-02-19 18:40 ]</font>

Jibby
Feb 19, 2007, 10:55 PM
#1 Amadeus, after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, besides, it just sounds cool.
#2 I'm a spell caster at heart, I don't care as much for killing everything in sight so much as I do making sure that those who want to kill everything in sight don't die in the process.
#3 It's Mozart, pretty self explanitory as far as I'm concerned.

Axel3792
Feb 19, 2007, 11:19 PM
#1 Axel - I got this nickname in high school in German, so I stuck it to my online persona.
#2 Ax was originally a HUmar in PSO, and a Palladin/Knight or the like in other games. When I heard about the Beasts, the beat-em-up in me came out...
#3 FOR PSU - A member of The Sonic Team HQ and the Moon Hunter's Guild, Axel wanders from planet to planet with his friends, bass-guitar in hand, looking for adventures. He has friends in high and low places, which sometimes causes problems, and Ax also frequents pubs (not to drink, but to play music). It is rumored by some that he was in the AMF Special Forces, but this has yet to be confirmed.

Overall, he's a regular guy.

pineapple
Feb 19, 2007, 11:36 PM
1. Pine, Pineapple/Pine is what I normally go by. There's a weird story behind it that doesn't make sense because I was a ninth grader when I started using it.
2. Only one class was Newm on PSO, so it needs more love. Plus, Newman males are the sex.
3. The only real thing I've decided for him personality wise is that he's a Newman that hates Neudaiz. I'll avoid any clothing or decos from the planet. This is partially because I think most of the stuff is tacky, but I like the idea of a Neudaiz dissenter.

kazuma56
Feb 19, 2007, 11:53 PM
Iyatos - came from a weird encounter 3 years ago when I was working at a summer camp as a chef's assistant, I asked the kid if he wanted some toast and he said "Eat... yeah toast will be fine", cut that up abit and you get Iyatos (E-yeah-tose)... appearantly this is also some monster from yu-gi-oh according to someone I spoke to when playing FFXI.

Leafis - Leaf and fist merged into a name... usually describes my melee force character but didn't this time around as he is a beast.

Ciera - Sierra spelled differently.

Iyatos is a human because he's a representitave of me... you can't make a black cast character.

Ciera's a numan because that's how most of my female characters play out... they are either full magic or a mix between both.

Leafis is supposed to be my hybrid character....haven't gotten around to playing him much though.

I'll post my story(ies) later this week sometime....I don't RP at all but I do usually have some sort of backstory for my characters after playing them for awhile.

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2007, 12:48 AM

Ria Arlo (Newearl)

1: named for my PSO char.
2: same as PSO
3: A rookie hunter with little outstanding skill other than bull-headed determination and a short temper, she is also exceedingly short in stature, but is only sensitive of this fact when people mistake her for a little girl.

Tatsuki Utsunomiya (Marl)

1: The forename was taken from a char from Bleach, but aside from having the same hair color she's not based on her at all, I just like the name, the surname is that of a girl I had a crush on in school... ^_^'''
2: I needed a human char, so...
3: naught... she's got no story at present... ^_^'

Xerus Onturia (Cast)

1: The name is a reference to a story i was writing, Xerus Onturia was an AI controlled super-weapon that was used as a last ditch effort to turn the tide in the Pangaean war in my story Xylr Kyde, it malfunctioned and wrought ruin on both sides.]
2: needed a cast...
3: eheheheh... ^_^'''

Yulie Elsner (Beast/F [WTH doesn't it have a good abreviation? >_< curse PSU's lack of class abbreviation!])

1: sounded good
2: needed a beast...
3: er... ^_^'''

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-02-20 01:23 ]</font>

mrbigshot
Feb 20, 2007, 01:43 AM
1. mrbigshot.. started off as just using it because it was the nickname of chauncey billups of the detroit pistons, plus side of havnt seen it being used once.. i enjoy having "original" names
2. i chose male cast because thats what i used in phantasy star online
3. no story.

omegapirate2k
Feb 20, 2007, 02:57 AM
omegapirate2000: Male beast fighgunner
Story: Well, I'm ALWAYS omegapirate2000, and a male beast fighgunner fit my play style, and so you have omegapirate2000, a male beast fighgunner.

Jey
Feb 20, 2007, 04:08 AM
Hm, dorkypost time.

Artemis - Cretian goddess of fertility and harvest, Greek goddess of the moon and the hunt. In pre-Greek she was the goddess of all things female, in ancient Greek she was barely female (the whole chastity/man-hatred thing). Also, I read too many of R.A. Salvatore's books.

In my own stories, Artemis is a human male, with a wolf motif (go go moon references). The other races didn't really interest me for a main character so human he stayed.

Artemis was born and orphaned on Parum. Though various families, both human and cast, attempted to foster him, he was just too wild to stay put for long, kept running away.
Around age 10, he stowed away on a Linear Train which ended up attacked by a Rogue crew, who captured him and took him along with the cargo to the deserts of Moatoob. A young human boy among a crew entirely of beasts, he wasn't treated well, and was eventually sold to a lesser Rogue company.
This other smaller Rogue group treated him considerably more humanely, training him in combat and survival. He had a natural talent for firearms, especially rifles and crossbows, which the mainly-beast crew respected. Despite the subordinate nature of his coexistance there, they allowed him considerable freedom, even letting him retrieve supplies from cities. It was returning from one of these trips some six years later that he returned to the hideout to a broadband SOS, except that the hideout was a burning husk with no signs of surviving members.
The first otherwise to answer the SOS was none other than the Rogue band that kidnapped him from Parum in the first place, a more prominent band lead by a beast male named Axel. Distraught and unsure what to do, Artemis agreed to an oath of obedience for a year in exchange for shelter, growing disgusted with Axel's crew while researching what happened to his former band, all the while festering thoughts of revenge.
The beasts in Axel's crew rarely called him by name, calling him "Wolf Eyes" for his thick-rimmed, nearly pupiless irises, eyes more fitting of a beast than a human. Mostly, they just called him a dog. Axel, on the other hand, occasionally called him the "Desert Wolf", and a few years after (because the oath's duration became longer with disobedience, and the crew would often deliberately pick fights with him) gifted Artemis with a necklace tipped with wolf fangs, which Art still treasures more for the symbolism than the rarity of the beast it came from. Though he respected Axel, he has an ongoing dislike of beasts, giving them his trust only grudgingly.
Eventually, though, he was free from the oath, at about the same time of the Seed invasion. Leaving the deserts of Moatoob behind, he joined the Guardian ranks with mixed emotions. A completely different lifestyle, fighting for a higher purpose. But also because most of the comm transmission footprints left at his Rogue "family"'s burning hideout were mostly Guardian frequencies.

Aaand I can't believe I typed so much ._. Good night.

JeffHikari
Feb 20, 2007, 04:54 AM
1: Jeff Hikari was a name I made up for a Megaman Fanfic so many years ago.

2: Human Male - I was going to be a cast because of my backstory, but I stuck with Human because that's what I was in PSO.

3: Jeff is a supposed "True Android". For all intents and purposes, He's Human. His "Mother" Ritsuko created him by fusing a strange glowing crystal with a colony of Nanomachines.
Worked as a Hunter on Pioneer 2 until his encounter with Dark Falz. An accident with the transport sent to take him back sent him to the Gurhal system. Somewhere along the line the crystal containing his spirit was found by Misuzu Kurenai, a rookie Guardian.

Now My alt, Misuzu.

1: Misuzu is named after Hong Meiling from the Touhou Series. (If you read the Chinese characters used to spell her name in Japanese, you get Kurenai Misuzu [Scarlet Beautiful Bell])

2: Newman Female Ranger. Just felt like making one.

3: Misuzu's just a bumbling Gate Guard who happened to find an odd glowing crystal on a mission. When she picked it up, A voice spoke to her... "Hey, It's been forever since I've seen anyone! Take me with you, Please! I can't stand to sit in the dirt anymore!" Believeing that the crystal would grant her wishes, she brought the crystal home, where her friend was working with nanomachines. When placed near the nanites, Jeff's body was reconstructed! Well, Jeff never said he could grant wishes, but as gratitude he helps Misuzu out by becoming a guardian to earn extra money.

Traize
Feb 20, 2007, 05:16 AM
Traize - A horrible miss-spelling of Treize Khushrenada, nice chap from Gundam Wing After Colonies... I was new to the interwebs & barely a teenager, as such I thought I was cool. Though I was decidedly uncool, the name has stuck & its now my name for everything that doesn't need my real name...

Character - Well, I'm always a Ranger, even in games where you don't really have classes, I'm the guy at the back shooting stuff, PSO, PSU, Halo, all of it, snipe snipe snipe, as I figure it, it just makes sense, if everyones dead before they can reach you to do you damage, surely you win? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I was gonna go with a Cast because of the obvious Ranger advantages, but, & not to disparage anyone here, I thought that with the exception of Female Casts, the options for ones appearance were a bit limited. As such I just went ahead & made a human male that matched me pretty well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 05:33 AM
Sylvia
1. The name is nice... the end XD

lol, well I use the handle "Sylvanos" a lot, and seeing how Sylvia seems to be a female version of the name, I stuck with it.

2. Well I wanted a CAST, and seeing how I didn't have a female char at the time, I decided to make it female. At first I didn't know what go for, so I decided to go Guntecher, cause I liked the idea of being able to shoot things and cast techs (to my dismay, we only get lvl 10 techs). But after a long time of grinding, I decided to go FT (lol) for the main reaosn that I love bows and cards, and that is the only class that has S ranks in those fields. I got bored of it too, and I'm currently a figunner lol...

3. Eh no story atm...

Necrophagist
1. Well at the time I made this char, I couldnt think of a name, so I went with this since I was listening to the respective band. In case you didn't know, a necrophagist is one who eats dead things...

2. lol to be honest, he was created as a joke. Beasts seem to look evil enough, and I always loved the double sabers....

3. I used to tell the story all the time, but I forgot it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nevia
1. One of my more recent chars, Nevia is one of the names I came up with one boring day for my future daughter lolol.

2. She's newman cause I needed a newman FT. Simple as that

Sirin
1. To tell you the truth, I have no flipping clue as to how I came up with this name...

2. She's a human, I wanted a human. Seeing how i tend to side with force classes, I made her into a wartecher.

Sanjiro
Feb 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
#1-Sanjiro comes from my story, "Final Rage Oriss"
#2 Chose the race because of what he is.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
#3- The story of the beginning.

This occured a couple of years before the SEED attack. A little boy climbed abord a space shuddle and Guardians un aware of his present. The piolots was taking an illegal trip through the depts of the galaxy with a massive supply of fuel. As they travel they discover an abandoned planet. No one new of this planet, so they named it Salvantia XI. During the landing on the surface they experience a substance in the surface flowing with photonic dust particals. They sneezed a lot as blood run from they're noses. the Co. piolot discovers the child on the ship and informs the capt. They then notice that the kid was a beast from moatoob. Somehow the substance wasn't affecting him. A little light floats by and pause for a sec. Then the piolots ready thier weapons. The light absorbed their souls as the drop to the ground willing death. The light targets the kid... The light attacks but somehow the soil protected the kid. The planet had chosen to transferr it's life into the child...After time passed, the kid was a walking planet, a living life form. He floats in outer space in the middle of nowhere with an aura around him giving him oxygen. Two years later these SEEDs knocks the kid outta place...

After a while the Guardians are on a dispach mission to explore the HIVE. The trainee, Neoka Tanima discover a man laying there on the ground with these organic vessels wrapped all around him. This information got to the president and he made it forbidden to speak of this considering he was a child of they're great planet, moatoob. The man was to live with Neoka Tanima, for various reasons. He seemed to be normal as he slept there on her bed. Noeka stared into his eyes and they glowed. A light went inside of neoka and the man came to conscience.... "You are the new chosen to carry on the life of Salvantia XI, use it well to your advantage... But for now I have to go.... Take care fearless child..." Neoka freaked out for a while... Some months later news got around that neoka was weird. Neoka sooned discovered her powers... She used most of her life to revive time... She was on the mission in the HIVE inside that room and the man wasn't there.... Her final word were.... "we are now one, a bond together." Months passsed and Neoka didnt say a word and she had to retake the guardians exams and her inscructor was Liaia Martinez... Thus a new Journey began...

(^^ Expect uppdates... Now it mixes with the story mode online of Phanasy Star Universe.)

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2007, 10:35 AM
My story is easy to post, since it's all here. I'll just post the links.

The answer to number #1 and #2 is found here:

Though in short. The last name came first. I wanted to use a last name that hinted at an African naming convention. Some parts of it have a very unusual aspect of removing unnecessary vowels from the name. A place where a constanant is followed by another where the sound is whatever you can make of the two constanants pronounced together.

Nbareh, from the lips, kind of becomes Nebareh or Nabareh or Nubareh, but either way, the implied vowel is barely pronounced or given any stress to.

The first name was made due to the Birthdate I wanted to give her. Partially because of the quarter of the year the game was released, to America. Christmas season. So I wanted a Birthdate that was very close to christmas. The 21st was picked because it was 12 backwards. The 12th Month, being December.
I picked a christmas decoration for her to be named after and changed the name slightly to look like a proper female name. Tinsel (that nice strips of foil seen on trees) became Tynselle. The pronunciation is exactly the same.

Link for quick summary: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128625&forum=12&start=47

The answer to #3 and anything else is found here (the full backstory):

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=131966&forum=12&9

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-20 07:50 ]</font>

Raysa
Feb 20, 2007, 10:39 AM

#1 Raysa came from this stupid old MMO I used to play it meant King or something I don't know I quit 2 days after, but the name kinda stuck to me. I made a FOmar in PSO Xbox(regular) and since then every game I played I've been known as Raysa http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

#2 I choose Newman because it was a FOmar before and they kinda resemble each other.

#3 No story.

Other Chars

#1 Insanity - I choose this name because back then I started playing FPS's on Xbox Live and I wanted a cool name like the other FPS'ers. So I made Insanity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

#2 Beast- Just because I wanted to have each slot of 1 diffrent race.

#3 No story.

#1 Captain Blop - Back in the Xbox Live PSO I had a friend named Captain Blip and he was a funny guy playing music in the lobby and stuff. So one day I made a copy and named him Captain Blop! So we played around together it was cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

#2 Cast - the original Blip and Blop were RAcasts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

#3 No story

CyarVictor
Feb 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
#1 Minerva Steiner- name from a list that i have kept for person works.

#2 Newman because of the use of techs and evasion.

#3 A field medic who enjoys lighting her enemies.

#1 Cyar- name of my gamertag and originally a specialist from person works.

#2 Cast because it suits the whole, I'm a melee fighter wearing armor. Plus helps with the use of anks. low evasion so PAs are not interrupted and charges SUV.

#3 Combat meat shield for hire.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2007, 12:51 PM
Here's some of the details for Mufonna.

Mufonna Tigre was rather easy to come up with. She's a Beast so I went simple with naming conventions.

Tigre was simply taking Tiger and reversing the last two letters to something more almost Spanish sounding. Simply something thought of due to a feline feature about her.

Mufonna was a disney inspiration. I took Mufasa (lion King) and Donna (The Prima one) and merged them into the name.

Plus it sends chills down spines whenever it is mentioned.

"Mufonna!!! Ooooooooooo!!! Say it again!!"

Beast female I chose mostly to balance it out. In a way the nanoblast is different and I'm already familiar with Beast males. For a character, it seemed the easiest choice since I really wanted a very different kind of beast character than those typically portrayed. Very much like how Tynselle was to be an unusual person for what she is. I needed a character that was a near opposite for Tynselle. Tynselle who would dress up to perform, but is totally anti-cute or dainty. She's truly out to kick butt and look good doing it. Mufonna, on the other hand, is practically a doll. Mild and cute almost like a true lolita regardless of the fact that she towers over Nbareh and is more developed than Tynselle is. She would wear clothes Tynselle wouldn't dare wear unless forced to. (And even then, you might have a fight on your hands)

Yes she does. The backstory, at this time, is not revealed. I'll probably post about it later, but currently trying to keep a mystery behind the character.

What I can tell you:

Mufonna plays off Tynselle's "Tomboy and proud of it" character, by being nearly the opposite. A very formal and super mild-tempered beast, she's very apologetic and almost too nice to other people. She hides a dark side about her. A real heavy one. To those who've seen her on the field, it's like every part of her bent up beast rage is directed towards the SEED and SEED monsters. The severity of it almost causes a split-personality within her as she nearly completely blots out any memory of what she did while enraged. To her, it's as if she blanked out and regained consciousness after certain very charged fights. She's very shy as well, but is using the Guardians as a way to overcome it, among other things. She's a bit secretive about all of her reasons for joining the Guardians, but part of it is due to the way she's unsure of all her reasons. (Or better yet, unsure what she's doing is the proper solution and thus not a quantifiable reason) She's much smarter than she lets on, as her character tends to come across a bit dippy and unsure.

Here's a quick excerpt from her intro meeting at Clyez City:

Mufonna Tigre
Part 1 - So many Guardians:

Beast Guardian: (Taking out a portable tablet) Let me see here. Mufonna Tigre. Beast Hunter, may I guess?

Mufonna: (looking to her left) Yes.

Beast Guardian: Hmm. You have completed the training?

Mufonna: (still looking to her left)..................Yes.

Beast Guardian: I'm just getting your records straight. We don't want to thrust untrained Guardians into the fray, you know. We've got lots of work to do and jobs with different threat levels.

Mufonna: ...

The Beast Guardian stops and puts on a tamer gesture saying, "It's ok. I have to ask these questions......So. if I may ask, what brings you here to be a guardian?"

Mufonna: I want to help. My parents saw me fight the SEED when they invaded. I didn't know what else to do. I thought I might die.........but I didn't. They said I should be a Guardian, when I'm old enough.

Beast Guardian: Is that what you want to do?

Mufonna: Yes.

Beast Guardian: Good. Here's your card. Here's where you'll be staying:

Code:
Name: Mufonna Tigre
Guardian Room: CC-XX
Current Occupants: Tynselle Nbareh

Mufonna: (Reading her data card) Tynselle Nbareh? Is that right?

Beast Guardian: That's it. Apparently some starlet from a travelling band of performers.

Mufonna: Nbareh.....(looking deep in thought) I think I've heard that name before.

Young female voice: Hmm?

Beast Guardian: Heh. Well you'll remember it now. If you ask me, she's a strange character, that one. Always celebrating that Christmas event or something. I bet she still has the decorations up and it's coming towards spring now. I also hear that her place is a real zoo.

Tynselle: Circus.

Beast Guardian: Hey! Where did you come from?

Tynselle: I heard my name, so I thought I would check you guys out. So who's this girl?

Beast Guardian: Her name is Mufonna Tigre. She'll be sharing one of your quarters.

Tynselle looks as if to give a shrewd examination of Mufonna.

Tynselle: She looks pretty strong. Agile too. I could use---

Beast Guardian: This is no time for circus recruiting.

Tynselle: Me? Recruit? No. I was noticing that she seems to be some kind of hunter. I have some good weapons she might be able to use. I'll just put them in storage, for her. Not that I can use them.

Tynselle moves towards Mufonna, extending a hand upwards.

Tynselle: You certainly are a tall one! My names Tynselle, circus performer and Sharpshooter Extraordinaire of the Nbareh Six Square Circus, at your service!

Mufonna takes the hand and shakes it with an unusual softness, for a beast.

Mufonna (with a soft voice): Mufonna Tigre. Nice to meet you. I think I remember you. "Into the Wonderful" is that right?

Tynselle: You know it! And if you wanna know about guns, I'm your girl!

Beast Guardian: I hear she even sleeps with them.

Tynselle glares over to the Beast Guardian, who simply looks to the side, with a big grin on his face.

Mufonna: I am quite honored. I've just arrived and I'm already rooming with fame.

Tynselle: (with a wry grin) Heh heh!! Well now, Mufonna. Let me show you around the place.

Mufonna: Uhh.. Ok.

Beast Guardian: Well I'll just be leaving you two alone. Welcome to the Guardians, Ms. Tigre.

The Beast Guardian leaves towards the elevators. Tynselle appears to pick something off the ground. She seems to do a performance spin before thrusting two hands forward, handing some Meseta over to Mufonna.

Tynselle: Here ya go! Some meseta to get you started! Welcome to the Six Square Circus, Mufonna!

Mufonna: Eh?? But I thought this was Clyez City!

Caliban_King
Feb 20, 2007, 03:20 PM
Caliban King:#1- I saw Blade Trinity and was dissapointed by nearly everything but the name Hannibal King. Quite some time later, a Cradle of Filth song got me thinkin, who the hell is Caliban? Looked it up, put'm together. I'm always the King.

#2- I like being human, I really only ever play as a guy.

#3- Caliban King joined the Guardians because no one will play GOGOball with him.

Marbas: #1- My favorite demon from the Goetia http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articleview.asp?Post=295 , President Marbas. Not some cat eared fruit like alot of people seem to think demons are.

#2- Same as CK's #2, almost. He's a cast.

#3- Kickin' ass and chewin' plenty of gum.

EC_Subbie
Feb 20, 2007, 03:24 PM
Buzzer - Cobra member from the 80's show, G.I. Joe. He likes chainsaws. I originally started the game in "cobra clan", a group of people with Cobra themed names (although my actual character is very different looking from the one in the show)

Vera - Some random NPC name from FFXI. It works.

Buzz is a male cast, chose this for my fortegunner class's max potential. Vera is a female cast, chose this for fortefighter accuracy and so I didn't have to stare at male characters all the time.

Valius
Feb 20, 2007, 05:39 PM
1 - Cyke: Comes from CYan and Kain my two favorite FF characters. I added the E to "round out" the sound.
2 - I like robots, I don't care about techs, and um... I'm a guy.
3 - He doesn't have a story, per say but I could make one up I guess.

Weeaboolits
Feb 21, 2007, 01:25 AM
Super King
1: I wanted a funny name, although this one's got nothin' on "Bob The Obliterator" XD
2: I needed a cast, so I made a huge one, with a mustache!
3: Super King is a king (apparently), and he's super (one would assume), and mysterious (probably just delusional), he's actually supposed to be a Don Quijote type char...

Sanjiro
Feb 21, 2007, 10:10 AM
(New update to my story is here^^ U can check page 3 for the beginning)

So, after completing the guardians exam, neoka recieved her first mission. To get samples from the plants in the muziki trial on neudaiz. They manage to get all five samples that they needed, but a while after Martinez and neoka discovered a masked person on the ground who suffered memory lost. While gathering information they discovered the Vol Brothers setting traps and such and they lead neoka and liaia straight to Eathan Waber, the missing guardian and wanted. Neoka was given the order to take him out immediately... Neoka hesitated and puked... No one saw of this tho. After the mission, eathan ended up escaping. So neoka gets home away from envirement to discover that she was pregnant with a child... A day after she gathered information and found out this child was a newman... Then she remember the only person she had slept with in the past month was this newman on nuedaiz.... The father of Karen and the past Divine maiden. This was now a big problem... This was forbidden....

(I have an school assignment so i'll update when i get home, toodles^^ and enjoy!^^)

Cassee
Feb 21, 2007, 05:31 PM
Oh lovely, now I can explain a bit about the semi-arbitrary decision behind my two active characters. XD; (that's your cue to run away, people!)

First off is the cocky, Pick-Up-Group-addicted Fortegunner known only as 'JAIS'...

It was originally an acronym for what I've made into my so-called 'muse of technology', but in order for it to make sense in the context of PSU(where AI is abundant and nothing special), I had to take some liberties. The -real- source is explained in the next character's explanation. (oh, for those who're curious, it'd be pronounced like "Jace", and there is no relation to the character who actually -is- named Jace on PC/PS2 x.x)
I could BS up a story here, but it all boils down to me having a thing for androids. Add that with a tendency to play men in games like this, and there you go. >.>
There isn't -much- backstory as far as the process of creation is concerned, but there's a lot of material in all that time it would've taken him to get where he is now, which I'm currently working on, if only in a notebook when I have nothing better to be doing. Let's just say that he drew the really small straw when being assigned an instructor.

And now for the other one, the retired Guardian(and current storefront for the former), Janice Islandier!
#1: I'm not gonna lie: I just BSed this name up so I could get a first name with "Ja" and a last name with "Is", so I could attribute JAIS's name to being total narcissism on his creator's part. It's not that bad a name, though, right? ...Right?
#2: She was a Newman back when I was still messing around with Extra Mode. The character grew on me, so that's what she is now. XP (plus i really want a force of some kind and let's just say that JAIS is a walking Monomate when a Guntecher >.>)
#3: Again, nothing special as far as origins are concerned, except maybe that she was around -- and a Guardian -- during the SEED campaign, wherein she proved to be just as good a force as any other Newman. When said campaign was over, however, she opted to jump ship and make it on her own, depending on synthesis commissions to get by. When news of the new round of Guardian recruitment came about, she decided that she needed someone to "carry on her legacy". But she didn't just shack up with someone on a one-night stand, oh no! She had to snag a few special boards from an unprotected GRM server and try making someone to do her dirty work. Much to her surprise, everything synthed perfectly, and a certain motherly instinct kicked in once she had realized exactly what she'd done...

So, there you have it -- the synth-obsessed Newman woman and her illegitimate "son", both alive and kicking in this crazy, mixed-up Universe of ours. I hope you've enjoyed this moment of temporary insanity; I know I have! *promptly crawls under desk*

APEXi
Feb 21, 2007, 06:14 PM

1. apexi (male human/lv70/fG10) and Koni (female beast/lv51/FF4) are named after Apex'i and Koni - aftermarket car parts companies.. and then there's Binary.. a female cast fortegunner..
2. well, i made a human male first because thats what i was in PSO and a female beast because i was going to make a fortefighter but wanted a lil bit more ATA to reassure myself that my axes would hit more often... and then there's Binary...
3. backstory for all my characters is.. they hate people that suck at bruce

LadyMoon
Feb 21, 2007, 06:49 PM
Catharia- She is a female beast. I love cats and they kind of look like that, I had a character on FFonline that was a cat summoner. Her name was something I made up, it sounded really nice and it just grabbed ahold of me and was the right name.

Rhianna Moonchild- Another female beast, because I love the beast class and just had to make another beast. The name Rhianna was something I wanted to name my last child but it was a boy so it became a character name. Moonchild because the moon is so beautiful and child well she is little.

Miss Arianna- female human to make a fortetecher, my first char. on DC PSO was a Fomarl and I loved being a Fo. I did nto want a newman because I did not want to be tooo much of a liability, and I just don't care for the look of the newman race too much, some of it is ok, some I just do not care for.

LadyMoon

l_Will_l
Feb 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
Meh i dont really have a story or anything behind my char. When i got pso way back in the day i wanted my name as my char but i also wanted a yellowboze so i messed around with it and l_will_l made a yellowboze. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif since then ive ended up using it on my email as well cause its rememberable i guess. so when i made my char in psu i desided to just use it again

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
Sha`raun: i really, really dont know.....

MaximusLight
Feb 21, 2007, 09:39 PM
#1- MaximusLight is actually the exact name I used on my first MMORPG Runescape way back when. It came from trying to find a name no one else had and was orginal, so I settled on one that's similar to my e-mail (for whatever reason) and one that reflected my constant want to be a paladin in that rpg.

#2- Well I picked Human male because he is supposed to be a projection of myself, I'm actually fairly well-balanced in life so this just makes sense, also that said I don't think I going to play a female character as my main EVER. Infact I only have my female characters to balance out the roaster a little.

#3- There is a story, but you're all just going to have to wait on that one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

February
Feb 21, 2007, 09:46 PM
February's name comes from Tommy february6. I thought the name February would be cute so picked it.

Female, because why do I need a reason for her to be female? I like Newman's a lot for some reason, so I decided on that long before the game even came out.

Musa's name is from Winx Club. She's the fairy of Music, and totally is my favorite character.

Female Human, Basically I wanted a Human Fighgunner as well. Just for the different stats.

Anna's name comes from... well I dont think I have a reason. I just like the name Anna.
Cast because I needed to add a Cast to my collection http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I have yet to decide on her expert class. I may make her a Fighgunner too, just because it pisses people off that I have more than one. That gives me great pleasure for some reason.

Tita
Feb 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
Clobbersaurus likes ceramic cats, chocolate ice cream, and pillaging the weak when she's not knitting Grenade Launcher cozies for her Fortegunner robot girlfriend in her pirate vessel.

Clobbersaurus is a lesbian pirate beast from Moatoob. you can't say lesbian on PSU. this offends Clobbersaurus and her robot girlfriend. They decided to take out their anger on monsters and they've been happy ever since.

and HK119 has her own website: http://www.hk119.co.uk/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-02-21 19:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-02-21 19:34 ]</font>