PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP: 2/22 Update - It's here.....

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 12:38 PM
There's going to be a a lot of mixed emotions about this one... (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=242)

For the next 28 days from Feb 22 to March 22, PSU will be running NetCash Cup: Ultimate Attack event. Their special event page has been updated, and can be found here (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/fire2007/index.html).

For this event, 5 missions will be released at the moment, and only levels A-C are available for them. As more objectives assigned are complete, new prizes and possibly new missions are unlocked.

On Parum:

Flaming Sea of Meadows: Start point - Holtes Flyer Base Towards Special Base

Garden of Blooming Fire Flowers: Start point - Special base heading towards lakeside.
Special note: You MUST have 3 people at the very least to clear this one.

On Moatoob:

Flaming Valley of Fantasies: Start point - Dagora City Flyer Base towards Galenigare Mine

On Neudaiz:

Flickering Heat Haze Island: Start point - Ohtoku City Flyer Base Towards Agata Islands

Voluptuous Flame Blossom: Start point - Egam Sanctuary heading into Agata Relics.

Pay Attention here, for this is where the mixed emotions may kick in.

For the duration of Ultimate Attack, ALL normal Free missions that inhabit the same areas as the purification zones are DISABLED. Rather than list out what's gone for the 28 days, I'll list out what's still there.

On Parum:

Undersea Labs
Endrum Base
Denes Relics

On Neudaiz:

Mizuraki Preserve (both areas)
Winged Beast under Moonlight

On Moatoob:

Everything BUT the Valley (This includes both valley maps; underground stream still available)

Additionally, 2 GM Events will also take place for the duration of the event. Fiery Screenshot Report, and Absolute BOYS of Flame.  More details on those events to be released.

That's all for this week! (And totally makes up for no updates last week XD)

BLACKR0SE
Feb 19, 2007, 12:40 PM
That's cool but the mission disabling kinda sucks for some people.

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Like I said before, mixed emotions for some. But from a story perspective, because this is a story based event, it makes complete sense to complete Quarantine those areas.

Rizen
Feb 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Cool, this will be interesting to see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

As for the missions being disabled, oh well! Plenty more to go around it!

BLACKR0SE
Feb 19, 2007, 12:44 PM
Lol a month of that.So do you get a photon eraser and stuff?

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
You will be provided with Erasers at the start, and they will be taken away at the end. Goggles will be provided if you don't have them, but you're stuck with those no matter what.

Eliash
Feb 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
I wonder if we are going to get this...

Kamica
Feb 19, 2007, 01:10 PM
The removed content is an interesting decision, though one that I wouldn't have doubted. PSU works differently than PSO and I had been thinking (before this annoucement) that this event would be unsucessful unless they did something extraordinary to make people play the missions. Looks like my guess was correct, but I did not guess that it would have came in this form.

Interestingly enough, the only two S2 missions that will be available after this update will be S2 Labs and S2 Caves. Will we see the re-emergence of the once insanely populer S2 Labs or will netcash cup be worth it in such a way that the mission will remain dead? We will soon find out.

Bruce's Dungeon has proved that drops are not restricted to what commonly drops in the same ranking
as other missions. This means that there is a good possibility that some of the missions could drop S rank rares or even S2 rares. I doubt that Sonic Team would remove S rank hunting for a full month. Even if you are not able to hunt any from the start of the event, this doesn't mean you won't be able to by the end of it. One possible reward for this event could be the unlocking of S and S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-02-19 10:12 ]</font>

Dhylec
Feb 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hm, sounds fun. I do many different missions & never stick in 1 place to farm or grind. The locked missions can be a bit restrictive, but I have no problem if the prizes are nice. ;]

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-02-19 09:55, Eliash wrote:
I wonder if we are going to get this...

If they do, they are going to have to change some of the names....Absolute Boys of Flame will not go over well here!

Tengoku
Feb 19, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-02-19 10:17, JAFO22000 wrote:
If they do, they are going to have to change some of the names....Absolute Boys of Flame will not go over well here!
Why not?

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-02-19 10:10, Kamica wrote:
The removed content is an interesting decision, though one that I wouldn't have doubted. PSU works differently than PSO and I had been thinking (before this annoucement) that this event would be unsucessful unless they did something extraordinary to make people play the missions. Looks like my guess was correct, but I did not guess that it would have came in this form.

Interestingly enough, the only two S2 missions that will be available after this update will be S2 Labs and S2 Caves. Will we see the re-emergence of the once insanely populer S2 Labs or will netcash cup be worth it in such a way that the mission will remain dead? We will soon find out.

Bruce's Dungeon has proved that drops are not restricted to what commonly drops in the same ranking
as other missions. This means that there is a good possibility that some of the missions could drop S rank rares or even S2 rares. I doubt that Sonic Team would remove S rank hunting for a full month. Even if you are not able to hunt any from the start of the event, this doesn't mean you won't be able to by the end of it. One possible reward for this event could be the unlocking of S and S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2007-02-19 10:12 ]</font>

You have to remember this though, anytime one of these events occur, you can bet tat they are insanely popular, given past records of maximum attack. Additionally, there's most likely prizes for individual participation, as well as real life prizes, which most players WILL shoot for.

As for the comment on the Absolute BOYS of Flame, the reason why the name probably won't go so well, is mainly for political corectness (I think?).

Tengoku
Feb 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-02-19 10:34, Lyrise wrote:
As for the comment on the Absolute BOYS of Flame, the reason why the name probably won't go so well, is mainly for political corectness (I think?).
I think it's neat name. Depending on the scenario, it could be the perfect name. We'll have to see what it's about. /shrug

ayrista
Feb 19, 2007, 02:01 PM
Lets hope they find a sponser for the US. I'd love to play another max attack type game. I hope that psobb never getting ma3 isnt a sign for PSU

DurakkenX
Feb 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
It's amazing us paying isn't enough of a sponsor...i thought that's what we were paying for... does this happen in other MMORPGs or whatever that I'm not aware of?

-Ryuki-
Feb 19, 2007, 02:27 PM
Rizen, you and I party up, and take those missions down.

The photographer wants some pics! >:E

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-02-19 11:07, DurakkenX wrote:
It's amazing us paying isn't enough of a sponsor...i thought that's what we were paying for... does this happen in other MMORPGs or whatever that I'm not aware of?

What other MMORPG would fork over Real life items as prizes? Not some stuff that could be considered promotional like key-chains or toys, or even a free trip to some other place where *gasp* you had to play the game again in some competition; but stuff like TVs, iPods, digital video cameras, memory sticks and the like? (Granted they were draws that happened when the requirement was unlocked, but the scope was open to anyone who completed 1 run.)

Add that to the fact that it was open to the participants, and NOT just the winners (as in other MMORPG competitions, in which case you would have to show levels of skill, which can't always be the case for casual players).

Of course, I'm only talking about the Japanese servers here. I honestly don't think the US would be the same; anyone who remembers the AOL and Yahoo! cups can testify to it's general lameness.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 03:15 PM
Wait, I thought all the prizes were in-game stuff (real hand gun, 3 * luck for a week, 50% of clothes, etc.).

Why would you need a sponser for this. I mean, I can see why a company may want to sponser it (advertising) in Japan, but not here. Then again, is a sponser REALLY needed to have this event on the NA servers?

Are the JP players on 360 going to get the same contest, and if so, wouldn't it have to be opened to the rest of the 360 players?

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 03:18 PM
Those prizes are just a part of what's really there. Anybody that's experienced even ONE of these events on the Japanese servers will also know that there's real TANGIBLE stuff up for grabs too.

Edit: That said and in correlation with my last post, its very possible you won't need a sponsor for it...but don't expect the same level of quality in your rewards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-02-19 12:29 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 03:34 PM
10-4. I can see why there would be a sponser for real prizes, but if they were just in game, then it wouldn't be necessary to have one.

Thanks!

Mikaga
Feb 19, 2007, 04:09 PM
Hehe, is it wrong of me to not want this to make it to the English servers?

I can't play 25 hours a day, and I know other people can. So I'd have no chance of getting the Burning Rangers poster and seeing someone else with one would make me wanna quit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: Oh, is this not a competitive thing? If not, then "thank gods". It really would suck for casual players (or, y'know, the 99% of the playerbase that couldn't play 24/7) if it was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikaga on 2007-02-19 13:19 ]</font>

Lyrise
Feb 19, 2007, 04:43 PM
There are prizes for competitive play, but there are prizes that don't require competitive levels of play. Most of the freebies you get fall under casual play.

Starzman
Feb 19, 2007, 06:32 PM
Will it ever come to the US/EU Servers ... I somehow doubt it!... ;-(

Kimil
Feb 20, 2007, 02:02 AM
BTW

is there any news of when the NA/EU servers are getting this?

Lastat27
Feb 20, 2007, 02:37 AM
A Burning Rangers poster? I always wondered where our clan name "Burning Rangers" came from. Guess I know what well be hunting for over the next month >.>

omegapirate2k
Feb 20, 2007, 02:53 AM
Wow, this is a big move by ST, I'm almost shocked.

ALMOST.

I can't wait till we get it over here!

Jools
Feb 20, 2007, 03:52 AM
Last week's Famitsu's inside cover had a one page advert of the event. Looks like the real handgun will be a netcafe exclusive prize as an image of it was next to a passage that stated there'd be just such an exclusive.

-Jools

Alisha
Feb 20, 2007, 05:24 AM
this is retarded and i hope it never comes to US servers. SEED infection missions = massive fail.

you better HOPE these are not timed. because thats one of the things that lead to them being asstastic offline.

lastly why the fuck are the moatoob ones fire? they should be ice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-02-20 02:25 ]</font>

[USER EARNED A VERBAL WARNING FOR THIS POST.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-20 14:59 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Feb 20, 2007, 05:54 AM
*takes a swig of Positive-Aid* It would be very fun and kick ass if some version of the Special Event was on the US servers. I would *love* having 3-star luck for a week....

I must level more... must prepare just in case. ^_^;

pokefiend
Feb 20, 2007, 03:49 PM
I can't wait for this event to hit the western shores! It all sounds so exciting! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

WrathOfMegid
Feb 20, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-02-20 02:24, Alisha wrote:
this is retarded and i hope it never comes to US servers. SEED infection missions = massive fail.

you better HOPE these are not timed. because thats one of the things that lead to them being asstastic offline.

lastly why the fuck are the moatoob ones fire? they should be ice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-02-20 02:25 ]</font>

Massive fail? Asstastic? My good sir, I believe you have some misconceptions. Indeed, these runs are not so fun offline, but online would be massively different.

1. Instead of only one member of a party going after the SEED root-pod things(forgot the name), everyone would, greatly decreasing the time of purifying each area.
2. This event requires TONS of coordination, and may actually promote the formation of guilds within the game meant for this very type of mission.

That's all I can think of, and I'm sure these won't be as "asstastic" as one might think.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
Ugh, I hated seed missions. I spent half the time just killing the pods. I really do hope that these will be different online, though I feel that a tutorial will be needed for newcomers.

Ash1ey
Feb 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
I love the seed contamination missions, in fact, there my favorite parts offline. I cant wait.

Soukosa
Feb 20, 2007, 05:27 PM
I hope they don't bring this the EN servers. I don't want to get stuck on just a couple of maps merely because of SEED invasion stuff that I will likely barely even do, if at all. Only way I'd be okay with it is if they could only do this on certain univserses, which I rather doubt.

Schubalts
Feb 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-02-20 14:27, Sounomi wrote:
I hope they don't bring this the EN servers. I don't want to get stuck on just a couple of maps merely because of SEED invasion stuff that I will likely barely even do, if at all. Only way I'd be okay with it is if they could only do this on certain univserses, which I rather doubt.

Same here. I'd rather not be forced into participating in some competition, AND be lamely restricted on the "non-competition related" stuff I can do.

A2K
Feb 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
It's possible some missions will simply take place in the fiery setting with fire-skinned monsters and not involve fire-type SEED bloom purification at all. I am annoyed by the lack of S level missions, though. Being temporary, though, perhaps the mission completion rewards will be a bit higher than the missions they replace.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 20, 2007, 11:36 PM
yeah.. so i guess "no one" wants to try to win the 1 week of 3 Star luck?, or a Garment Aura?, or the Real Hand weapons?

I hope the US servers *DO* get some form of the Ultimate Attack event. With an actual team I think the missions will be challenging and fun. Some races barely get 3 star luck.... for even 1 day in a month...

Something a little "different" to shake things up is *good*, becuase redundant runs of the same missions hundreds of times gets not-fun after awhile.

Umberger
Feb 20, 2007, 11:41 PM
I can see a mass demand of ice weapons and Fortetechers with Dambarta 21+ in the near future.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 20, 2007, 11:51 PM
I specialize in making and using ice weps. he he he.

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 12:13 AM
well i hope we get this even though theres not enough people playing to break the high prize kill numbers. famitsu its for JP and net cash is for US ? no? the prizes look sweet and i want the blow up 410 in my room now please.

Deja_Vu
Feb 21, 2007, 12:25 AM
This event sounds totally --- just like all the other ones, I hope this never makes it here. Taking away half our missions for a month so we're basically forced to try this garbage? Man this is getting lame.

Mod edit: User received a verbal warning for this post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-20 22:08 ]</font>

Trillion
Feb 21, 2007, 12:36 AM
man i hope we get this it sounds like a real blast and if nothing else its someplace new to go

shame its all fire type names of missions witch does point to lots of ppl in sori senba armor's dieing a lot but that just means fire this time and with a bit of luck a diffrent element next time

max attack events have been a part of Phantasy Star Online games since it's second year so the tradition has been going for 5 years now and there is normaly 2-5 each year, more in the early years and not so many the past few but since this is a new level of Phantasy Star and we are not even into march yet, there might be many more like this to come if it all goes well with the first 1 on the JP survers

Tycho
Feb 21, 2007, 03:09 AM
Read about the update. I laughed. XP

Kimil
Feb 21, 2007, 03:18 AM
Ok, Ppl who hate the idea: Shut up, we've heard it once, no need to heard it again

And I'm suprised, there is a great contriversy over this.
-Complainers:
Quit your Bitching, YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED THIS YET WITH NON-NPC

I wanna try this... Better synth some good Ie weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-21 00:20 ]</font>

isahn80
Feb 21, 2007, 03:28 AM
This would be an intresting diversion if nothing else, something PSU desperately needs.

Let's see if it makes it over here.

Alisha
Feb 21, 2007, 07:20 AM
On 2007-02-21 00:18, Kimil wrote:
Ok, Ppl who hate the idea: Shut up, we've heard it once, no need to heard it again

And I'm suprised, there is a great contriversy over this.
-Complainers:
Quit your Bitching, YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED THIS YET WITH NON-NPC

I wanna try this... Better synth some good Ie weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-21 00:20 ]</font>

the problem has nothing to do with npc's its finding the invisible spots with the googles. and if the invisible spots end up having random spawn locations then just LOL. go play offline and you will understand(theres a seed mission in chapter 2 try s-ranking it and you will see why its a bitch). another problem offline at least is that all the seed missions with flowers in them have lower monster counts so thgey arent worth playing.