PDA

View Full Version : PM questions

Fredrick
Feb 19, 2007, 05:32 PM
I just recently finished my GH 410, and I'm somewhat pleased and also somewhat disapointed. Although I'm happy with how powerful it is.... she seems to stand around too much.

So one question I have is will it attack more frequently as it lvs up? Or get improved A.I?

Also I noticed when there was a full room, her damage wasn't registering. Is that a common problem or no?

And my last question is about somthing I read on psupedia. It says she has a batnara wand in her inventory. Does that mean she has the ability to heal herself and / or others? And if so, what do you have to do for her to use it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-02-19 14:32 ]</font>

Eliash
Feb 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
The problem with damage not registering is probably due to lag. All NPCs can heal when they are low on health (there are a few exceptions that do it more often) however relying on your PM to heal and I will guarentee you will die.

The AI gets a bit better as she levels, at around 75 Battle Stats my PM always attacks when I get into melee range and doesn't die as much as when I first got her (or so it seems).

Almalexia
Feb 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
The 410 is programmed to be at your side. It will only attack if an enemy is in close proximity to you or it. It will never leave your side like the 420 and the 450.

VanHalen
Feb 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
i can answer your last question. when you PM begins to feel its health bar is low it will pull out a wand to heal itself.

Fredrick
Feb 19, 2007, 05:49 PM
^Does it have to get very low for that to happen? I waited untill she was well into the yellow and she was still just loafing around.

Also Almalexia, what I noticed was she will do one or two hits, and then wait several seconds before attacking again. And she also seems to change weapons for no good reason (even when you're just running around) which wastes a lot of time.

So I mean does it start fighting more efficiently as it lvs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-02-19 14:50 ]</font>

VanHalen
Feb 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
^ well i guess as she lvls she will use it more often but most of the time it is kinda random. sometimes you'll get lucky and it will heal other times.....not so much

Eliash
Feb 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
It's completely random...she could heal just after getting yellow, and sometimes never heal at all.

The weapon change is common for all NPCs.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 06:00 PM
Also, a tip I learned: You can get the 410 to "attack" by making her run into the enemies. Run through a group of Olgohmon and she will usually stop in front and start attacking one. If you stand far away from them and shoot them or cast techs, she will just stand by your side. You have to "make" her fight. She won't do it on her own.

You can do the same against Onmagoug....when he lands, if you walk from, say, his right side around his back to his left side, you'll notice your 410 will stop and attack him while she's still on the right side.

Basically, you just have to run her into things and she'll start attacking them. Then you can get to a safe place if necessary. She will run back to your side after a short period, but sometimes she's left me for a good minute at a time.

MayLee
Feb 19, 2007, 06:05 PM
I usually have to circle enemies for her to attack.

Fredrick
Feb 19, 2007, 06:07 PM
Is the 410 intended more for ranged fighters or no? Sometimes is almost seems like she's more for defense than offense.

Tengoku
Feb 19, 2007, 06:19 PM
I just put an enemy between her and me and she'll *usually* attack. As for the healing, I've only seen it once and that was when we were standing on a health regen platform. I know it's not polite to swear at your PM (or sane to swear at your computer) but it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Too bad she couldn't hear me...

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 06:26 PM
On 2007-02-19 15:07, Fredrick wrote:
Is the 410 intended more for ranged fighters or no? Sometimes is almost seems like she's more for defense than offense.

That is entirely true. The 410's description states that she stands near her owner. It's not bad for anyone, though. If you're a ranged fighter, she will only leave your side and attack if something comes near. If you fight up close, she will attack things because they are near you.

Just bring her into missions with you and you'll learn how to use her best. Don't count on her healing though. Mine is around level 45 and only heals for 120/cast.

R2D6battlebot
Feb 19, 2007, 06:48 PM
Whats the max level the Battle stat can get to? Man, all my PMs are still at LV1, i just didnt see their usefulness i guess.

JAFO22000
Feb 19, 2007, 06:50 PM
On 2007-02-19 15:48, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Whats the max level the Battle stat can get to? Man, all my PMs are still at LV1, i just didnt see their usefulness i guess.

They are better for soloing. Take your PM and an NPC...now there are three things for enemies to target instead of just you. Be sure to bring lots of Star Atomizers if you don't have/can't use Resta if you want an S rank, though.

Pengfishh
Feb 20, 2007, 01:11 AM
My 410 must be a genius then. She rarely, if ever, simply stands around and more recently is healing consistently. My little damage shadow, that's what she is. Probably helps that I'm usually super close to baddies with my little single daggers.

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-02-19 15:50, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-02-19 15:48, R2D6battlebot wrote:

They are better for soloing. Take your PM and an NPC...now there are three things for enemies to target instead of just you. Be sure to bring lots of Star Atomizers if you don't have/can't use Resta if you want an S rank, though.

Precisely what I use NPC's for, drawing fire... XD
I didn't like bringing my 450 though, it loves to ramegid the crap out of everything, I WANT EXP TOO! >_<

Lastat27
Feb 20, 2007, 03:34 AM
I'm not quite sure how the 410 operates but here's info I've gathered on my 440:

(Our PM's were upgraded with a patch a few weeks ago.)

Pre-patch
I have a PM 440 (Shotgun + Twin Handguns). I evolved her as a pure 100 Armor PM. When I first sent her into battle she was as stupid as a truffle, did 80 x 4 damage with her shotgun, 110 x 2 with her twin handguns, and healed herself with Resta for 250hp (but she usually died before she got a chance to do so.)

Now that my PM has a level 100 "Combat Level" she has not changed in anyway. She still has the IQ of said truffle, no damage increase, no resta increase, and her synth percentages have not gone up on anything. Sorry, but its true.

Post-patch
PM 440 Upgraded:

Old Damage
Twin Handguns: 110 x 2
Shotgun: 80 x 4
Resta: 250 Hp (Heals when HP is less than 10%)
Abilities: The ability to shoot when nothing is there.

New Damage
Twin Handguns: 240 x 2
Shotgun: 250 x 5 (PM 440 Now shoots 5 bullets instead of 4 with her Shotgun)
Resta: 400 Hp (Heals when HP is less than 50%)
Abilities: Can now circle-strafe around enemies.

Testing
During recent tests I watched my friends PM 440 with a B St level of 6. And when compared to mine, she dealt the same damage, healed for the same amount when using Resta, says the same things, fights just as slow... his PM 440 is exactly the same in every way as my PM 440 with 100 B St.

Summary
B St (Combat Level) currently does nothing. Leveling it up is bound to affect something someday, but at the moment, its just something to do to pass the time. Hopefully our PM's become as aggressive as Ethan from online Story Mission 1, or even as powerful as Bruce in Bruce's Dungeon when this statistic is implemented.

PM 440 Resta
She will only heal when the following conditions are met (from my experience):

1. She is below exactly 50% HP.
2. She is engaged in battle.
3. She is finished using her current weapon and is ready to switch.

After pulling out her wand she will begin casting resta to a maximum of three times. If however she is attacked during her first or second cast then she may not heal a third time. Each Resta heals 400 Hp.

This PM does not heal her owner when he's injured. She only looks out for herself. It's just a nice bonus that her resta is area of effect. There is no limit to the number of times she can cast resta in one map.

Attack Type
This PM's attack type is Calculating. However, out of every PM I've ever used (430, 440, 450) not one of them will go off and attack a mob on thier own. I honestly have no idea what different "Attack types" actually do, because all PM's play the same. Like what was said earlier, you have to basically run into a mob with your PM, or get mobs to swarm you, to get any of these PM's to engage.

Questions?

Weeaboolits
Feb 20, 2007, 03:39 AM
the 410 has the ability to run past you comicly as you kill the last enemy