PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Is the Haxetta really a big deal?

Kimil
Feb 20, 2007, 02:35 AM
I hear 360 ppl and ps2/pc quitters continuously bitching about the hacking on PS2/PC servers... And how it's ruined the PSU expirience.

What the big deal?
-We now all have more Photon Arts because we can spare the money
-we can play around with classes like Protranser without worrying about the Trap Costs,
-We can Attempt to make high end-grinded weps because of disposible income
-Pure PM are quick to make now
-Room Decorations
-We all can have 10 scapes, little annoyances from deaths
-Bettter equipement because we can now all synth lots
-CLOTHES, we can get any clothes we want because we can afford it

There are no harmful hacks like PKing... The PM-bombing was a glitch not a hack so the 360 servers had it too. Illegal Weapons are actually being dealt with now too.

Too Much mesetta? Quit Your Bitching, things could be worse.... like being strapted for cash on the 360 Servers and having to do soooo many runs to get a 7* wep or clothes, or maybe a photon art

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-19 23:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-19 23:38 ]</font>

Retehi
Feb 20, 2007, 02:36 AM
Is the Haxetta really a big deal?

No.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2007, 02:46 AM
It's impossible to trade via player shops now. A rare unit won't be worth any amount of meseta, so it has to be traded to be effective to a class that doesn't need it. That's one thing, at least...

A2K
Feb 20, 2007, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't say it was a big deal, myself, although it shouldn't have happened in the first place. In short, it unbalances the game for precisely the reasons you mentioned. Missions that are supposed to be difficult simply aren't anymore because of how much easier it is to acquire high-level equipment. Rarer items are supposed to be rarer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-19 23:57 ]</font>

Lastat27
Feb 20, 2007, 02:49 AM
Having unlimited access to everything an NPC sells is nice and all. But I would still prefer 360 servers. Due to all this hacked meseta, our player shops are pretty useless now during end game. Occasionally I find myself photon shopping (even though 90% of shops are locked), but other then that it's a complete waste of time.

Kimil
Feb 20, 2007, 03:10 AM
Well, yes those are great reasons for the messetta problem being, just that, a problem.

Well, one question:
Y can't Sega just reduce ppl's messetta? They can clear all the s rank weapons... so a messetta wipe? like...

Character level = X
f(x) = .05x^3.5 + 250x

level / defaulted messeta
1 / 250
10 / 2650
20 / 6800
30 / 15000
40 / 30500
50 / 60000
60 / 100000
70 / 150000

A2K
Feb 20, 2007, 03:15 AM
As the cliche goes, the damage has been done: people have already bought high-level things with their money. That said, I suppose it couldn't hurt anyway, especially for items that are legitimately released following the wipe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-20 00:15 ]</font>

foamcup
Feb 20, 2007, 03:17 AM
It's not a big deal, but it's messing up the endgame somewhat, but meh? I'm pretty sure a FT on the 360 or JP PC/PS2 servers would shit a brick if they saw my equipment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Seriously though, I'll post it up for comparison. I honestly want to know what kinda gear I'd be using if the economy wasn't borked.

3 Ageha-kikami
1 Mira-kikami
3 Ulteri
3 Majimra
2 Lidra
3 Granarod
1 Mayrod

And a couple of +5 Rayharods for buff/debuff. I notice newmam males have level 2 luck today, so I'll see how far I can grind them.

Jools
Feb 20, 2007, 03:21 AM
Of course, it depends on what you want. The hacked version is considerably easier than the other versions. For some thats good, for others thats bad. If you're the kinda guy that goes straight to gamefaqs for cheats after buying a game, I'd imagine you're in heaven.

-Jools

Kimil
Feb 20, 2007, 03:47 AM
Well, I don't mind it being easy, not at all.... I remember Questing and Questing for 2000 Messetta to make a Bow... just have it fail in th synth 3 times.

THough.... there is much less incentive to play... Until Rares are out to quest for, like drop-only (no synth board) Equipment. That would give reason to play eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-20 00:54 ]</font>

Jools
Feb 20, 2007, 04:17 AM
On 2007-02-20 00:47, Kimil wrote:
Well, I don't mind it being easy, not at all.... I remember Questing and Questing for 2000 Messetta to make a Bow... just have it fail in th synth 3 times.

THough.... there is much less incentive to play... Until Rares are out to quest for, like drop-only (no synth board) Equipment. That would give reason to play eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-20 00:54 ]</font>

Well thats just it really, if you want compelling reasons to play the game everyday, you're playing the wrong version. If you just want to occasionally dip into a very easy version of the game, English PC/PS2 is the way to go.

-Jools

Callous
Feb 20, 2007, 06:50 AM
It's a big deal in that it actually made the game slightly tolerable to play for a while.

I think I might have quit ages ago if not for the haxeta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-02-20 03:51 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Feb 20, 2007, 07:31 AM
you know, some people out there dont actually buy their equipment from player shops with hacked meseta. i have 2 million dollars and i spend it on synth material and boards from NPC shops. i only use weapons i've created myself. i have hacked meseta, and i have a great time everyday playing this game. i dont find it easy or broken at all. the haxesta makes the game even, if your willing to show a little restraint. just cuz u ruined ur own experience with what you were given doesnt mean its a big problem :/

Yuicihi
Feb 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
It's basically the cause of inflation, which is what most people complain about.

Ethan-Waber
Feb 20, 2007, 08:01 AM
I agree with you fully... People are just babies for some reason.... Oh no I can't do things easier! Oh no! Go to 360 and make an average of 5k on an S rank run and then tell me you dislike haxeta. Rich on 360 is 100k, on PC/PC2 is is more like 50 mil. As you said..."Quit your bitchin'"

AeraLure
Feb 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
Of course its a big deal. Its the primary reason for so many leaving the PS2/PC version. Pretty much gone is any reason for NPC and player shops, meseta rewards from missions and any part of the economics of the game. You either cheat, sell to cheaters and use their meseta, or suffer in an environment trying to play more or less legit since you cannot buy anything from player shops. Its a crappy game environment to do away with the economy in that fashion, get all the max items one wants as soon as they are released and just run around missions until you get bored of them. Part of the fun of the game was actually working within the economy.

ShinMaruku
Feb 20, 2007, 09:00 AM
ST hardly had any sense so it's all good regardless. XD

Eliash
Feb 20, 2007, 09:07 AM
I'm on the xbox so I cannot say if it is really a big deal.

Personally though, should hacked meseta be introduced to the 360 servers I wouldn't like it. It allows everyone to get the uber equipment that otherwise would be rare. So now almost everyone is expected to have a set of 44-50% pallet of weapons. It will also take away from the achievement factor of getting said items. I play towards a goal of making my character stronger each day, what's the point when nearly everything can be handed to me?

This is just my personal view on the issue.

SuperRygar
Feb 20, 2007, 09:14 AM
Eliash said:...So now almost everyone is expected to have a set of 44-50% pallet of weapons....

im level 45, and i just got my first A rank weapon within the last week. i synthed it myself. its all about personal attitude, its your own for fault for buying an S rank weapon instead of just playing the game as you normally would

that's just a fact

(im not talking about you personally http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-20 06:22 ]</font>

Eliash
Feb 20, 2007, 09:27 AM
True...true...

However, it still does deminish to some degree the uniqueness of attaining a rare synth (rare from the fact that you would otherwize not have the money to keep on trying). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I hate being unique just like everyone else!

Neith
Feb 20, 2007, 09:31 AM
Nah, it's not as 'OMFG GAMEKILLING' as people make it out to be.

Players are at fault for charging insane prices, with or without inflation. While inflation will have encouraged more people to overprice, outside of playershops there's no problems really.

Think about it- most items in playershops you can buy/synth/hunt easily enough, its only things like A-Rank Units, Black Heart and Crea Doubles that are really difficult. And well, if you can't be bothered hunting those, you might wanna question why you play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SuperRygar
Feb 20, 2007, 09:32 AM
haha yeah, you have a very true point as well

but i mean, even in pso, eventually, EVERYBODY had the same stuff. that took years tho

i dont pay attention to other peoples weapon when im battling http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif keep your eyes on baddies

Almalexia
Feb 20, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-02-20 06:07, Eliash wrote:
I'm on the xbox so I cannot say if it is really a big deal.

Personally though, should hacked meseta be introduced to the 360 servers I wouldn't like it. It allows everyone to get the uber equipment that otherwise would be rare. So now almost everyone is expected to have a set of 44-50% pallet of weapons.

No, our players don't behave like that thankfully.

Even before I got a chunk of this 'hexata' from selling goldenia's.. I had about 50% of my aresenal bought with "hard-to-get" money. So even if hexata never appears, alteast I would have still got ALL my uber equipment. It is not hard to make money(pre-hexata), people can be lazy that's all.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 10:05 AM
i get alot of money through my shop, and if i didn't then i wouldn't be playing PSU anymore. i know alot of people that played PSU and quit because they spend hours saving up money to synth something and it fails. it happened to me too, and i didn't play for months and went back to PSO. to spend all that time on sything that item with 86% success to only have it fail on 3 star luck. i felt like i wasted my LIFE!!! because of this inflation i was able to play again without having that fear of wasting my time. of course i can buy everything i want, but this game should realy be how you play with others not who has the best weapons. people can run around with all of the best weapons but can be dumb as a rock. for me that's what kills this game. bottomline, its not my fault for knowing how to generate a steady cash-flow. so in the mean time im gonna be hunting s-ranks and raising my protransor, while some people cry over not having money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EDOJIN on 2007-02-20 07:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EDOJIN on 2007-02-20 13:29 ]</font>

Axel3792
Feb 20, 2007, 10:39 AM
I love the fact the economy is super-inflated, since now I can get gear without grinding for hours and hours. To me (this is my opinion, no flames), "grinding" in a video game is one of the stupidest things you can do during your lifetime, as it accomplishes zero in real life. Imagine playing monopoly for 125 hours... you get the idea, minus the flashy graphics.

If it wasn't for "haxeta," I would have quit ages ago and started on a private RO server with 50k rates, since you can max a character in under an hour (that's about as much time I have when not at work/school/fiancee's/sleep).

*EDIT* Oh and that horrendous synth system. Screw you Sega, I worked hard for those materials and meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axel3792 on 2007-02-20 07:40 ]</font>

WrathOfMegid
Feb 20, 2007, 10:40 AM
Of course it's bad. Cheating is cheating is cheating is cheating. Just because it benefits you does not make it O.K. Would anyone cheat if it hurt them? No, so the whole "look at the benefits" argument doesn't fly.

And please stop bashing legit players. Is there anything wrong with working toward a goal?

And as for the economy: Of course everyone starts out poor, that's the way an economy works. What was supposed to happen was something like this:
1. All players start poor.
2. Some obtain enough sellable goods to open a shop, and open a shop.
3. These entrepenuers tested the waters until their prices met other players budgets.
4. With their newfound wealth, they can buy more armour and weapons from NPC stores and each other, increasing their ability to hunt monsters and thus the quantity & quality of goods they can obtain.
5. As these players' wealth increases, others open up their own shop, and the process restarts, except now the original shop owners should have a better selection from NPC stores, thus keeping more money in the economy.
6. Eventually, the economy builds enough so that hunting monsters' meseta drops is now the worst way to make money because everyone has enough to buy and sell, creating a true market economy.

Now, that would have been fun to see. And this is a truly creative way to let players interact with each other. But now, with a virually unlimited supply of meseta out there, this won't happen. This game was supposed to be more than just monster hunting. Now, due to the ease of obtaining powerful items(aka buying someone else's synth with the 'haxeta' you got from selling photons @ upwards of 50k apiece) all that's left is killing stuff, which is fun in it's own right, admittedly. I just feel like we missed out on almost half the game.

necman
Feb 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
I don't need to read any more of this post. It's obvious you are probably the same idiots with spread needles on the dream cast complaining about hackers ruining your game. Of coarse later on they would disconnect people and stuff and did ruin the game. How much you make in psu depends on how high you price your goods. If you really think it is too easy to make money use that dead weight in your head and don't sell your items so damn high.

Raysa
Feb 20, 2007, 10:46 AM
I just started and I did find it odd I made 1.3mil at lvl 20. >_> First Char. My PM is gonna get production level 100 really quick.

DurakkenX
Feb 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
well see the thing is...the basic weapons are unevenly dispersed and things that should be out aren't. The ranks on the missions and the weapons aren't for show... you are supposed to use C rank items on C rank missions, but if you go off pure drops you can't get your first B rank weapon drop till half way through B rank and A rank items you need to synth them as they don't drop even though they should...weapons of a higher rank should drop on the rank below them, other wise they are useless..

The other thing is people on PC/PS2 are extremely stupid and will pay tons more for a graphical difference even though technically those weapons are weaker.

IMO though the game was just fine other than the release dates..on JP PSU it wasn't till lvl 50ish till i started getting A-rank items and the cap then was 60. Money isn't that hard to come by and people make too much of it "being hard". Anyone that thinks it's hard to get meseta should go try to get gil.

Personally I think the economy will balance itself out eventually and as long as the people actually hacking the meseta are gone the meseta will eventually lower. They could release the Sonic statues and make them super expensive which would create a huge meseta sink.

VanHalen
Feb 20, 2007, 11:06 AM
Ain't a problem for me. I got two A rank guns, a GH-430, and some scape dolls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . In a way the huge amount of cash people have is a good thing it doesnt really take the challenge out of a mission(That gazoran is still gonna pound you with foie) now people won't yell and complain for not having scape dolls in missions since its guarenteed that at least one for every person.

egn56
Feb 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yes and no. Yes its a big deal because of inflation, when an item thats rare cost something like 30-50mil its pretty bad.
No, its not a big deal because sega is evil with money rewards in this game anyway.

WrathOfMegid
Feb 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
On 2007-02-20 07:44, necman wrote:
...It's obvious you are probably the same idiots with spread needles on the dream cast complaining about hackers ruining your game...
...don't sell your items so damn high...

Hmm, if this is directed at me(if it isn't, I'm sorry):
Never owned a spread needle, never played dreamcast, never played PSO online. I understand the misconception though...

That last bit is obviously truth divine. Indeed, the most obvious way to keep from making much 'haxeta' is to put reasonable prices on items. Like 10% additional to the cost of obtaining it oneself. However, found items like synth ingredients need not be sold even that high: Just enough to cover item restocking like mates, etc. That's how it should be done.

To rephrase: Haxeta wouldn't be bad if people would keep their prices reasonable despite it.

Now that I think about it, the problem isn't actually the hacked money, it's the people who charge the insane prices!

Hmm, my bad.

CyarVictor
Feb 20, 2007, 11:22 AM
So what does having hacked meseta prove? You say you are the shit, you are a great player? yet you use money which you did not work for to pay for your 'bombass' weapons and equipment. Using such a way to have the 'best' character really proves how poor you are at a game. LAZY. So you have a computer, bought the game, pay $10 a month for what now? Lack of skill. Just as DurakkenX said, money is not hard to come by, especially once you reach 40+. As for the economy like that on the 360, the reason items like the useless Black Heart is so damn expensive, it's not the person who put it up for sale, but the person who pays money for it at that price. other than that, what's the point of playing a game using hacks?! Then you'll complain: "Oh, i have everything, why doesn't Sega release more things, oh why does this game suck?" Because cheating, be it on PSU or anywhere else will only show that you are nothing but a lazy player, worse than a noob who begs and spams.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-02-20 08:26 ]</font>

Axel3792
Feb 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
On 2007-02-20 08:22, CyarVictor wrote:
So what does having hacked meseta prove? You say you are the shit, you are a great player? yet you use money which you did not work for to pay for your 'bombass' weapons and equipment. Using such a way to have the 'best' character really proves how poor you are at a game. LAZY. So you have a computer, bought the game, pay $10 a month for what now? Lack of skill. Just as DurakkenX said, money is not hard to come by, especially once you reach 40+. As for the economy like that on the 360, the reason items like the useless Black Heart is so damn expensive, it's not the person who put it up for sale, but the person who pays money for it at that price. other than that, what's the point of playing a game using hacks?! Then you'll complain: "Oh, i have everything, why doesn't Sega release more things, oh why does this game suck?" Because cheating, be it on PSU or anywhere else will only show that you are nothing but a lazy player, worse than a noob who begs and spams.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-02-20 08:26 ]</font>

You assume everyone has no life and can sit on their butt and play some mediocre game all day. It's just a game, pal.

CyarVictor
Feb 20, 2007, 11:39 AM
I don't play 24/7, I only play about 4 hours a day, I have work and college to attend to plus a social life.

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-02-20 07:39, Axel3792 wrote:
I love the fact the economy is super-inflated, since now I can get gear without grinding for hours and hours.....
....*EDIT* Oh and that horrendous synth system. Screw you Sega, I worked hard for those materials and meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Axel3792 on 2007-02-20 07:40 ]</font>

Anyone else see the inconsistency here? I'll wait....

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
Axel just likes to whine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

CyarVictor
Feb 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
I worked hard for those materials, yet i can get gear without grinding aka working hard on runs.....
Isn't that contradicting your own point?
Ah, I'm outta here since i can expect this thread to be locked soon or moved or destroyed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-02-20 08:45 ]</font>

Tiyr
Feb 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
There are four reasons to run missions:
1) XP
2) Mission Points
3) Rare Drop-only items (almost nonexistant at this point)
4) Money and synth mats

Haxeta completely removes the last reason. Due to haxeta, if you've hit 70/10 there's very little progress that can still be made with your character.

If I didn't have weapon mats to hunt to try and synth myself some higher % nine stars, I'd basically have nothing to do.

Oh, and that wonderful "I don't have enough time" argument doesn't make much sense...just play the game over a longer time. You'll still get there. The real problem isn't that you don't have enough time, it's that you don't FEEL like you're progressing fast enough, so you need to cheat and justify it by saying Sega made the progression too slow.

AeraLure
Feb 20, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-02-20 08:37, Axel3792 wrote:

You assume everyone has no life and can sit on their butt and play some mediocre game all day. It's just a game, pal.

Bzzt. Try again defending cheating some different way. I played and did just fine buying what I could, running a shop, and saving meseta during mission play. There was and is no need in this game to deck yourself out with all the best EQ to accomplish anything.

Without any cheating or overpricing, I had meseta to spare, several PMs, adequate EQ to go play what I wanted so long as it wasnt beyond my level, have a full time job and other things to do at the same time. Dont tell me this game makes you cheat. Play something else if that is your attitude. Since people who have that attitude wrecked this game, I now play something else as do many others - but you cannot say the only way to play this game is to cheat or take advantage of it. Humbug. It was actually pretty good and improving until all this came along.

Now as a result of the cheating there is absolutely nothing to do with the game but run missions over and over decked out with all the best things until you get bored. Collect the lower end drops? Play the market? Run a shop? Care about the meseta rewards? Save for longer term purchases? Gone. All gone. Start with a premise that the game is more about economics than rare hunting and then break the economics of the game means its broken and badly.

Not saying there still isnt some fun to be found in simply developing a character and doing missions over and over, but that's about all that is left now, thanks to meseta and duping problems. Its not enough to last.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2007-02-20 09:18 ]</font>

PMB960
Feb 20, 2007, 12:03 PM
Honestly I sell stuff at 360 prices and I still get enough money to get a few A rank weapons and raise a PM. I honestly would have more money on the 360 version since I have to upconvert all my materials to Kerseline or other 7* mats to even sell them. I can still play S rank missions without any trouble. Yeah sure I only have 2-33 scapes per character but that just means I need to try a little harder to stay alive than everyone else.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
my shop provides me with money so i dont have to worry about going broke and that makes me happy because im giving the customer what the want and im getting what i want. if someone doesnt have the money to buy my stuff... tuff luck. this inflation lets me play the game instead of having to run around all day gathering mesetta.

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2007, 12:17 PM
You people do understand that grinding is a part of these games? RPG's are not pick-up-and-play type games. Most of the fun is derived from grinding for items with other players and, possibly, getting a rare item. It's not a "race" to be best or to have the best stuff. I feel the experience of these games is totally lost on some of you.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
im not grinding right now because to me its not worth grinding b ranks. im gonna save the money i get from my shop for when i can start grinding S-ranks. to me s ranks are worth the trouble. im also gonna grind A-ranks when the grinders are available for my protansor. ^.^

_Deliverance_
Feb 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
Just so you guys know, I'm trying my best to not flame _every_ time I read these forums, but....yeesh.

The 'Haxeta' did not hurt the economy. It just caused inflation on: photons (which you can find if you don't want to buy at rediculous prices, and new players can sell them and get going with their character), really rare weapons (Kubara), and really rare mats.

Why are non NPC buyable armors so expensive? The boards are very hard to get, and when you do get them you only have a 45% chance of success (which usually ends up translating to 1/3 if you're lucky).

Are you complaining that some rich moron bought that Alteric for 10 mil? Why? Now the guy who sold it can afford sweet armor? So what?

That comment on "C ranks weaps for C rank missions" etc etc. HOLY CRAP!!! So SEGA only gave us S rank missions because they knew there were hacked S rank weapons out? Tsch...

So now what? We're at 9* gears. Sega will very likely fix the item hacking, and so S rank items will still show who is a dedicated player. And if there was no haxeta, there would be RMT anyway. There would still be people that have more money than you. If you think you're going to play a mmorpg without dirty money in the economy, then you should probably just accept it and move on.

DurakkenX
Feb 20, 2007, 12:24 PM
the funny part of the whole thing is you do the same thing you would be doing had the extra meseta not been given...and value profit would be much higher over all and noone would be broke anyways.

Using thing such as "not everyone has time" or "i don't want to worry about being broke" well the point of having money is to have a fair trade of items so that people wouldn't be broke. The only real reason people would be broke is cuz they do stupid things. And as far as not having time...well the only reason you'd need more money than what the game is producing is because you are being power leveled or you just suck at the game. The fact is NA/EU players that i play with all before this whole thing hardly ever picked up items and almost all had give to finder. You can't earn money without picking up items v.v

Also on another note ST really made a big mistake in their sell back rate... 1/25 for 1* and 1/20 for all others is frankly BS and should be risen at least to 1/10 or 1/5 with a max of 1/2.

But as some have already said and I have said in the past it isn't the "hackers" it's the idiots that raise the price and buy at those prices. I personally will not buy anything that i feel is priced too highly, but I will sell high....and I will give deals that ask about it and want a correct economy price ^.^

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
On 2007-02-20 09:22, EDOJIN wrote:
im not grinding right now because to me its not worth grinding b ranks. im gonna save the money i get from my shop for when i can start grinding S-ranks. to me s ranks are worth the trouble. im also gonna grind A-ranks when the grinders are available for my protansor. ^.^

I wasn't talking about grinding weapons...grinding is a generic term used in RPG's for questing to find items/gain exp./get money/etc.

_Deliverance_
Feb 20, 2007, 12:32 PM
Now as a result of the cheating there is absolutely nothing to do with the game but run missions over and over decked out with all the best things until you get bored. Collect the lower end drops? Play the market? Run a shop? Care about the meseta rewards? Save for longer term purchases? Gone. All gone. Start with a premise that the game is more about economics than rare hunting and then break the economics of the game means its broken and badly.

You can still grab the lower end drops and sell them to newer players (if we get any...), the market still get's played. Anybody remember the Alteric craze? The Nafri-senba days? Every update with new weaps/armors being released? The prices will start out high, and then stablize as the items are distributed.

Run a shop? Take a look around buddy, there's tons of shops running still. Care about meseta rewards? I still do, and I have more than enough money. You don't stay rich if you spend your money without making some on the side.

The bottom line is, if the game is "too easy" for you, then play something else. Nobody is forcing you to like the game.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-02-20 09:23, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Just so you guys know, I'm trying my best to not flame _every_ time I read these forums, but....yeesh.

The 'Haxeta' did not hurt the economy. It just caused inflation on: photons (which you can find if you don't want to buy at rediculous prices, and new players can sell them and get going with their character), really rare weapons (Kubara), and really rare mats.

Why are non NPC buyable armors so expensive? The boards are very hard to get, and when you do get them you only have a 45% chance of success (which usually ends up translating to 1/3 if you're lucky).

Are you complaining that some rich moron bought that Alteric for 10 mil? Why? Now the guy who sold it can afford sweet armor? So what?

That comment on "C ranks weaps for C rank missions" etc etc. HOLY CRAP!!! So SEGA only gave us S rank missions because they knew there were hacked S rank weapons out? Tsch...

So now what? We're at 9* gears. Sega will very likely fix the item hacking, and so S rank items will still show who is a dedicated player. And if there was no haxeta, there would be RMT anyway. There would still be people that have more money than you. If you think you're going to play a mmorpg without dirty money in the economy, then you should probably just accept it and move on.

your my hero! ^_^

AeraLure
Feb 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-02-20 09:23, _Deliverance_ wrote:

The 'Haxeta' did not hurt the economy.

It removes the point of playing and spending time grinding while paying monthly for anyone who played the game from a legit point of view. Earning things for time invested is the only reason you'd play a game like this. The only aspect of the game where this is now still true is the character and job development.

Sure you can say it had no affect on the economy if you dont care about said economy and you dont care at all about grinding either, but you'd be foolish to say infinite meseta has no affect on an economy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AeraLure
Feb 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
im not grinding right now because to me its not worth grinding b ranks.

That is not what JAF meant by "grinding."

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-02-20 09:30, JAFO22000 wrote:

I wasn't talking about grinding weapons...grinding is a generic term used in RPG's for questing to find items/gain exp./get money/etc.

oppps sorry, misunderstood. hope no harm was done

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
the main point of the game was to run missions, and it's still that way. As much as you say there aren't "rare" drop only items, there definitely are. Plenty of people doing runs over and over again to try and get good slot units.

THE AJCKEL

LordJoe
Feb 20, 2007, 12:54 PM
OMG do we really have to go over this again?......*takes breath* If haxeta didnt exist you coud say "Hey! I think i save up and buy a Black Heart" or "Hmm, i should buy a Crea Doubles cuz i can usem real soon" now you just have to make the money by being economical. Thats why in real life inflation is a bad thing. HAXETA IS NOT AS FUN OR FAIR AS MESETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2007, 01:00 PM
See, without haxeta, you'd see the same people with EVERYTHING, because they'd play more than everyone, have a lot more money, and be able to buy a lot more of the rares. Thus leaving the common player SOOL

THE JACKEL

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 01:02 PM
I remember way back in November where you had to do soooo many De Ragan runs just to get a Braves Jacket... I'm not complaining seeing how I'm somewhat of a casual PSUer =/

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-02-20 10:00, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
See, without haxeta, you'd see the same people with EVERYTHING, because they'd play more than everyone, have a lot more money, and be able to buy a lot more of the rares. Thus leaving the common player SOOL

THE JACKEL

So, the people who put the work in shouldn't get the rewards? There are a lot of casual players who don't feel "SOOL" because they can obtain some of the same things. Again, this is a game that requires you to put time into it....or at least it did before the illegal items and meseta were introduced.

Ether
Feb 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
Haxesta proved to be game destroying when photons started costing 50k each. Its a bit retarded when 9* weapons sell for considerably less than the photons it took to make them

The game is super easy for forces and rangers now, and broken beyond repair for hunters

Proff
Feb 20, 2007, 03:13 PM
I really don't like people saying how I should play a game. Or how I shouldn't have something they have because they worked harder for it. It's a game. You didn't "work" hard for anything. You wasted more time. Stop worrying so much about what I have and what I do and worry about yourself.

R2D6battlebot
Feb 20, 2007, 03:20 PM
Ok, i dont flame very much, but mods, get ready to lock this one, cuz i think im lighting the match right now.

Anyone who says that the haxeta did not hurt the economy is a total fucking retard. Seriously, how ignorant do you have to be to think you really are supposed to have the equipment you have at your level? I see level 70s walking around with 5 or 6 50% weapons that took millions to make each im sure, and you people think thats the way it was meant to be? My god, the economy is COMPLETELY screwed beyond repair, and you lazy idiots think theres not a problem? All i can say to that is wow. This is almost as bas as people buying gil online, except with this you dont even have to spend money, just farm photons for 30 minutes and youre rich. Yes, Im on PS2/PC version, so im not just a 360 player bitching about it, i KNOW im not supposed to be synthing 10-15 9* items at a time, its RIDICULOUS. Stop and think about the quest rewards. 'Why are they so low if money is so easy to come by?' Duuuuhhhh, its not supposed to be that way. Learn a thing or two about economics, the more money in circulation, the more worthless it becomes. Holy crap, you guys are either incredibly stupid or incredibly lazy. And the guy who said he would have quit if not for the haxeta, you shouldnt even be playing an MMO game, seriously, im sickened at the fact that you are too damn lazy to push a few buttons. Its NOT hard to make money without overpricing. My god im sickened...utterly sickened.

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-02-20 12:20, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Ok, i dont flame very much, but mods, get ready to lock this one, cuz i think im lighting the match right now.

Anyone who says that the haxeta did not hurt the economy is a total fucking retard. Seriously, how ignorant do you have to be to think you really are supposed to have the equipment you have at your level? I see level 70s walking around with 5 or 6 50% weapons that took millions to make each im sure, and you people think thats the way it was meant to be? My god, the economy is COMPLETELY screwed beyond repair, and you lazy idiots think theres not a problem? All i can say to that is wow. This is almost as bas as people buying gil online, except with this you dont even have to spend money, just farm photons for 30 minutes and youre rich. Yes, Im on PS2/PC version, so im not just a 360 player bitching about it, i KNOW im not supposed to be synthing 10-15 9* items at a time, its RIDICULOUS. Stop and think about the quest rewards. 'Why are they so low if money is so easy to come by?' Duuuuhhhh, its not supposed to be that way. Learn a thing or two about economics, the more money in circulation, the more worthless it becomes. Holy crap, you guys are either incredibly stupid or incredibly lazy. And the guy who said he would have quit if not for the haxeta, you shouldnt even be playing an MMO game, seriously, im sickened at the fact that you are too damn lazy to push a few buttons. Its NOT hard to make money without overpricing. My god im sickened...utterly sickened.

Amen. It is so easy to tell who hasn't made it to an economics course yet, and likely never will.

EDIT: throwing in some gasoline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-20 12:24 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Feb 20, 2007, 03:29 PM
Seriously, these people are likely most of the same people that sit in lobbies and spam things like 'trading for Carriguine-Rucar' or 'i need some S rank Grinders'. God, seriously, i spend a lot of time playing these games, but at least i dont CHEAT in a VIDEO GAME. Losers that blindly take advantage of the hacked meseta. 'Come on guys, 3* photons are DEFINATELY worth 35-60k.'

Proff
Feb 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-02-20 12:20, R2D6battlebot wrote:

I didn't know it was even in question. I think everyone knows the "economy" is ruined. That doesn't make the game itself ruined does it? MMO's work off the community more than the game itself in my experience.

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
Well look at it the way I do. You have to grab the stick... with shit on both ends of it. On one side, you got the haxeta, and on the other, the fantasy of no haxeta. Either way, it's still shit you have to deal with. The economy is screwed no doubt. But just cause it's doomed doesn't mean you have to sell stuff. If you don't want shit on your hands, don't sell ANYTHING in player shops or take money from ppl. Might as well make the most of it, live a little. =/

But if all you can do is bitch about and STILL take advantage of it, why you sir are a hypocrit...

(i know that was a horrible metaphor...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-02-20 12:36 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Feb 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
It ruins the game for individuals who play games to accomplish something. With money as rampant as it is, theres almost nothing to quest for, other than exp, and when it takes 100k+ experience to gain one level for a minor stat bonus, it tends to get boring after a very short while. The other problem has nothing to do with the economy, this game just doesnt have the item capacity that PSO had. I mean, the best/rarest items we can find right now are synth items, most of which we cant even use yet. Good game ST, good game.

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
Heh they should just release everything in bigger packages, and have the S boards go up for max meseta lol.

But who says you need meseta in order to earn accomplishments? Hunting for those rare units, for one, is something meseta can't get you on the haxeta servers. And making your own stuff is fun too. I guess it all depends on how the player sees fit. The end XD

Proff
Feb 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
Whine, cry, complain, and bitch. Like a bunch of babies. If you don't like PS2 PSU then don't play it. There's the 360 version. If you can't afford to get the 360 version, oh well. Get a job. That, or be lazy and deal with it. Can't have everything you want.

PS2/PC version is hacked. There is nothing that can be done to change that now. Just deal with it or move on, you won't be missed. I know though, in a day or two another thread just like this will appear. Instead of just doing something to make it better for yourself (like going to 360) people will just flock to the thread to whine some more. I'm more tired of hearing people on the game and on here complain about the hacks than I am tired of the hacks.

R2D6battlebot
Feb 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-02-20 12:40, Proff wrote:
Whine, cry, complain, and bitch. Like a bunch of babies. If you don't like PS2 PSU then don't play it. There's the 360 version. If you can't afford to get the 360 version, oh well. Get a job. That, or be lazy and deal with it. Can't have everything you want.

PS2/PC version is hacked. There is nothing that can be done to change that now. Just deal with it or move on, you won't be missed. I know though, in a day or two another thread just like this will appear. Instead of just doing something to make it better for yourself (like going to 360) people will just flock to the thread to whine some more. I'm more tired of hearing people on the game and on here complain about the hacks than I am tired of the hacks.

Quoted to emphasize the word 'ignorant'

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 03:55 PM
Well this thread wasn't made to bitch. Kimil was pointing out what good haxeta does to make the game way easier, and people still complain.

And remember, bitching about bitching is worse than bitching >.>;;

Hustler_One
Feb 20, 2007, 04:15 PM
This game has bigger problems than some hacked money, if anything I agree with the guy that said it made the game more enjoyable. Its nice to be able to, ya know, afford something?

Kelevra
Feb 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
I passed econ with no problem and i can care less about the economics of this game. I'd rather be abled to buy my mediocre weps from NPC shops so that i can hunt my own rare weps. Another thing that consumerist economics will teach you is that it is self balancing. If circulation continues than your right money devalues, but by the same hand, it will reach a balancing point. Furthermore we are currently resorting to bartering, making meseta semi useless with the exception of purchasing materials. If they eliminated NPC shops all together, THAN our meseta would balance.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-02-20 12:36, R2D6battlebot wrote:
It ruins the game for individuals who play games to accomplish something. With money as rampant as it is, theres almost nothing to quest for, other than exp, and when it takes 100k+ experience to gain one level for a minor stat bonus, it tends to get boring after a very short while. The other problem has nothing to do with the economy, this game just doesnt have the item capacity that PSO had. I mean, the best/rarest items we can find right now are synth items, most of which we cant even use yet. Good game ST, good game.

of course it doesn't have the item capacity. psu just came out while pso has been out for years.

AC9breaker
Feb 20, 2007, 05:01 PM
Its ironic, I remember when the game first came out people were crying how hard it was to make money. Now that there's a ton of money in the system people are crying about that. The grass really is greener on the other side. I'm reading this thread and all I'm seeing from people who are against the haxeta is "OMG NOW I CAN'T HAVE AN OVERINFALTED EGO BECUASE I HAVE SHIT OTHER PEOPLE DON'T HAVE" then there is the complaint of "OMFG THIS GAME IS TOO EAZY NOW CAKETHINKSBAI!" Yeah, this game would be too easy if all I did was Bruce B Deragon or Deragnus. Even with all this haxed meseta in our economy hardly anyone does Temple S, or Desert Goliath S. Know why? Cause they're harder then a fully erect diamond dick! You can have all the A ranks and 50% armor you want but in the end its always the same story. Skill > equipment.

There is also the argument of meseta breaking the economy? How? Even with all the inflation that has gone around people have more money to spend, so people are buying more stuff. In fact the Grinder Market has really taken off since all of this, same thing for Kubara weapons. It use to take me a least a week to get rid of all grinder+5 and up. Now they're usually gone in the first day. I in turn use the money to buy Kubara weapons and try grinding them for my own use. There is a cycle, just becuase prices aren't what they should be doesn't mean that this has totally broken the economy. Even after many a grind I still don't have the +10 kubara weapons that I want. So whats the big deal? I don't have a weapon thats hard to get. Are you people happy now? People around here need to chill, get laid, and learn to have some fun. Stop hating on other players becuase they don't have half the skill as you yet they have better gear then you.

In the end, I could careless if our economy had haxeta or not. The reason why I play this game is the gameplay. Not to gloat to random people about the meaningless goals I've accomplished in a virtual reality world.

Axel3792
Feb 20, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-02-20 08:43, Sychosis wrote:

How about stating reality? What do you accomplish by sitting lazily in front of some computer screen clicking your joysticks and mashing buttons?

Like it or not, when you get into the real world, you'll have bills to pay, hopefully a family, and a house to maintain. Also, when you do have free time, how spending time with your kids so they don't end up being failures/drug addicts/scumbags?

Kids with no real-life perspective should not reply.

Axel3792
Feb 20, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-02-20 08:41, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-02-20 07:39, Axel3792 wrote:
I love the fact the economy is super-inflated, since now I can get gear without grinding for hours and hours.....
....*EDIT* Oh and that horrendous synth system. Screw you Sega, I worked hard for those materials and meseta.

Anyone else see the inconsistency here? I'll wait....

In general, without "haxeta." I used to grind, but then I opened a shop and took advantage of this screwed game economy.

-Rune-
Feb 20, 2007, 05:18 PM
I don't understand why people are complaining so much about this. I mean really name at least 3 games where the economy isn't eventually unbalanced. I've played IRO, FFXI, Silkroad, and tested almost every online game there is out there. RO people would sell things you could find in 3 mins for over 500k each, the difference is, people either adapt or they don't buy it and do it for themselves. A lot of you guys make it seem like We HAVE to play with one another, there's only 5 people yer gonna be with thru yer runs outta however many play. I'm not for Haxeta but I dun abuse it either. As far as people duping and getting S rank weapons... ok once again not for it.. but I don't play with those people. I actually only know about them from reading forums on this site. I derno i think people just need to relax a bit more and remember that none of the money hacked or not, isn't real. o_O;

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-02-20 14:03, Axel3792 wrote:

How about stating reality? What do you accomplish by sitting lazily in front of some computer screen clicking your joysticks and mashing buttons?

Like it or not, when you get into the real world, you'll have bills to pay, hopefully a family, and a house to maintain. Also, when you do have free time, how spending time with your kids so they don't end up being failures/drug addicts/scumbags?

Case in point.

Garroway
Feb 20, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-02-20 14:03, Axel3792 wrote:

I actualy do have a real job, bills to pay, a mortgage on a house that I have to maintain, a family (wife and 3 children) and pets to care for. I work 9 hours a day, spend 3 hours with my wife and children when I get home. After I put the kids to bed I clean the house for a variable amount of time and then exercise for an hour. I log into PSU around midnight and play until I get tired. The reality is that I do get as much a of sense of acomplishment from "clicking my joystick and mashing buttons" as I do from playing a good game of golf, or beating a co-worker at a game of chess. So I've either missinterpreted what it is that you're trying to imply or you just have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 20, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-02-19 23:36, Retehi wrote:

Is the Haxetta really a big deal?

No.

A2K
Feb 20, 2007, 05:56 PM
End of thread. Locked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-20 14:57 ]</font>